[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's forget about the new movie and discuss how this magnificient
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2
File: nAkDGsp.jpg (111 KB, 1280x568) Image search: [Google]
nAkDGsp.jpg
111 KB, 1280x568
Let's forget about the new movie and discuss how this magnificient motherfucker is going to save the next one
>>
I'm glad they didn't shoot their whole load with this one. Actually makes me excited for the next part. Keeping Luke in the shadows both in the marketing and the movie was genius.
>>
The reveal was cool. He was badass
And then they stuck around for another 20s and it became just bad and awkward
>>
>>63873465
he's going to die to emphasis ren's true descend into darkness and irreversible allegiance to the dark side.

meanwhile rey also turns bad and finn (who now is adept at flying by learning from poe (who dies saving finn)), has to try save his muse
>>
>>63873465
the reveal was good but the way they awkwardly stared and the camera spinned around them was atrocious
>>
>>63873465
The new movie needs to be very Rey/Luke focused to make up for the botched cliffhanger. Looperbro should rip off the Matrix rather than ESB. Rey's force hallucination was great in TFA and if we're lucky we'll get much more of that in VIII.

That said, Disney's lost my confidence. I expect another OT retread with a weak plot and unmemorable dialogue.
>>
I physically reacted when the credits came on. FUCK
>>
>>63873634
He already killed Han to do that, twice would be kind of weird at this point
>>
>>63873807
> OT retread with a weak plot

you're wrong
>>
>>63873807
Brickbro's best strength is dialog. If Disney is intentionally shedding Lucas baggage, then the wooden dialog replaced with actual human language, crafted human language, would make this whole exercise bear watching.
>>
>>63873866
yeah but killing luke after he's mastered his training will show his solidity in the face of adversity and emotion - something he struggled and was conflicted with when killing han. it won't feel weird cause by killing luke, rey is literally the galaxies last hope and itll set up a great IX
>>
>>63873465
you mean, how he's going to be used to market the next one

right?
>>
>>63873591
This. They should have cut to credits right after he put his hood down.
>>
>Hood reveal
>A bit of the fanfare, Rey showing the lightsaber
>Luke says "Come with me"
>Camera shows Luke and Rey walking to his shelter from an aerial view
>Credits roll

This is what I was expecting
>>
>>63873465
>dose thumbs up because he realized he'll get top billing next film
>>
helicopter shot at the end wasn't needed
>>
>>63874505
Okay?
>>
Will Luke and Kylo have a 'I have the high ground' moment?
>>
File: luke2.jpg (74 KB, 960x476) Image search: [Google]
luke2.jpg
74 KB, 960x476
>>63873465
Space Jesus Luke is going to EXPLODE with swag in VIII.
>>
>>63874671
>>63873931
Luke is not going to deal with Kylo at all. The big showdown will be Luke vs Snoke.
>>
>>63873465

Can we fucking get a spoiler tag on this? There are people who still haven't seen it.
>>
>>63874686
Luke: I couldn't help but notice your pain!
Rey: My pain?
Luke: It runs deep, share it with me!
>>
>>63874714
bait? surely bait
>>
>>63874712
Ok let me rephrase

Will Luke and Snoke have a 'I have the high ground' moment?
>>
>>63874759
>>63874712
I hope it's going to a Force duel, not lightsaber bullshit like Yoda vs Palpatine
>>
>>63874759
They're gonna have an UNLIMITED POWAAAH moment.
>>
>>63874714
Looking around the boards over the last four days, I'd say that ship has sailed.
>>
>>63874792
>>63874797

Hope Luke can reflect Force Lightning ala Yoda vs Dooku in II
>>
>>63874759
>>63874797
There was an early rumor about a lightsaber duel with so much force power involved that each clash of blades sends out shockwaves powerful enough to split mountains open.

Whatever finally happens, the showdown in IX will be in parallel. Rey's big fight will happen at the same time as Luke's big fight. It's part of the formula that they can't abandon.

Things can't get as bad as they can get until everyone has gone as far as they can go.
>>
>>63874749
looks more like a lost redditor to me
>>
>>63874792
They have Ren and Rey for lightsabers so Luke could battle Smoke with the Force.
>>
>>63874792
>>63874876

Can't picture Hamill doing lightsaber duels at his age, unless its heavy CG-ayy
>>
>>63874918
I almost hope Luke as advanced beyond lightsabers and will only use one as a last resort.
>>
>>63875013

Or use the fucking Force to wield/control the lightsaber than using his hands
>>
>>63875013
>yfw it's Yoda vs Dooku all over again
Would be mad if this happens
>>
unJUST

JUST INCREASE MY CAREER PROSPECTS F AM
>>
>>63873465
Pure sex
>>
So will there be a timeskip to episode 8 with Rey and Ren completing their training and shit?
>>
>>63874918

Well we thought the same about Cristopher Lee and he fought 2 times. CGI'd
>>
>>63874918
If they follow Lucas' rules, rather than anything else of his, it would look like Alec Guiness fight in IV. Two ponderous old men weilding heavy gyroscopically resistant lightsabers. Mixing force and saber dueling is also a thing. Luke having an epic force duel in the canyons of Tantooine while crashing down boulders and canyon walls, leaving the original setting in ruins at the end. How's that for pottery?
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.