[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Star -Wars-Rogue-One-Taking-S
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Star-Wars-Rogue-One-Taking-Step-Ensure-Accuracy-101017.html

>The next installment, the first of the standalone Star Wars Story movies, Rogue One, has been likened to a gritty war movie, and according to a new report, the production is taking steps to ensure that it feels authentic.
>Forces.tv reports that the production has enlisted members of the British armed forces to populate the film and lend an air of authenticity to the proceedings.

m-maybe this one will be good, /tv/? A Star Wars film that is finally gritty and dramatic, that explores the vulnerability of human condition in the middle of an intergalactic conflict? And not in a "DC-gritty" kind of way, AKA the kind that would appeal to edgy teens who think Nietzsche is a nihilist, but more on a Saving Private Ryan or Full Metal Jacket or Apocalypse Now sort of vibe?

Or will Disney fuck this one up too?
>>
smart movies dont sell
>>
It will be the Captain America: The First Avenger of the new Star Wars movies
>>
File: I FUCKING LOVE STAR WARS.gif (3 MB, 300x258) Image search: [Google]
I FUCKING LOVE STAR WARS.gif
3 MB, 300x258
>>63873282
But anon, it's STAR WAAAARSSSS, of course it will sell.

>>63873316
As someone who doesn't watch too much capeshit, what does anon mean by that?
>>
>>63873249
It probably won't feel like Star Wars but people will still see it.
>>
It's going to be boring
>>
Theres going to be actual ground battles in this one

No CGI battles, no snowball fights, actual large scale ground battles
>>
>>63873592
I'm guessing he means its going to be surprisingly different than the rest of the star wars movies. the first cap movie is good even if you don't like capeshit. So he is saying rogue one will be good even if you don't like star wars.
>>
This cancerous shit just keeps happening in movies and games. Everything has to be dark, edgy and "realistic" now.
>>
Youre in the market of selling toys to kids. Do you make a film that little Brayden can't see?

It'll never happen. Nothing more than a generic action flick.
>>
TFA was just an introduction to the other four movies coming.
I mean how fucked would the trilogy be if no-one had faith in it for being too different? My guess is disney just took the safe route this time around, and we'll have two really good (maybe even empire tier movies) within 15 months.
>>
>>63875498
>the first cap movie is good even if you don't like capeshit
Not at all. I liked the early parts of the film for that reason but soon goes into pure capeshit territory. The guy gets strong using a magic "serum", there's a magical glowing cube, and the bad guys aren't nazis but a super secret organisation with laser guns.
>>
>>63873249
If it actually is a gritty war movie and not some grim-dark starshit then I'll be happy. It won't though.
>>
>star wars 7 is bad meme
>>
>>63873249
If it's anything more than a steven seagal movie in space I'm going to be very disappointed
>>
>>63875615
But anon, "dark, edgy and "realistic"" can be great if it's done correctly. It all depends on the target audience, and the problem I see with most modern "edgyzized" flicks and games is that they try way too hard to look mature while still appealing to the children / teen demographic.

If we get a Star Wars movie that is actually aimed at adults, a war drama that has some interesting matter in it like the movies in the OP, it could potentially be the GOAT for Star Wars. Empire Strike Back was the closest to that: it was still obviously directed with the child demographic in mind, but the eastern philosophy themes explored with Yoda and the fucked up ending do have some content to them. It's no Bergman, but for its limitations as an all-ages blockbuster, Empire did really good.

Fuck, if only we got something that was on the level of ESB.
>>
>>63873249
>we have to put gritty and war like realism in your fantasy movie for children

Oh well, all the kids born in the 90's will be happy
>>
File: 1386938406862.png (68 KB, 214x226) Image search: [Google]
1386938406862.png
68 KB, 214x226
>gritty war movie
>pew pew laser sounds
>PG 13

"no"
>>
>>63876180
Star Wars isn't a children's series (where did this meme come from suddenly?), and "for adults" doesn't necessarily mean it has to be some gritty and edgy "realism." That is in fact a teenager's concept of an adult movie.
>>
>>63873249
It was likened to this before we knew anything about it, but now we've got a cast picture and it's another wacky heist movie.

>wants band of brothers in space

>gets ocean's fourteen
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.