[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
best star trek movie?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 13
File: noooo.gif (825 KB, 320x136) Image search: [Google]
noooo.gif
825 KB, 320x136
If you answer isn't First Contact, you can go to hell.
>>
>>63872019
There needs to be more movies about humans first creating tech that lets them travel the stars for the first time. I fucking love that movie and I'm not even into Star Trek.
>>
>>63872019
Plinkett shat all over First Contact, but I'd say that it was the best TNG movie. Wraith of Khan is easily the best original series movie, though.
>>
>>63872019
Nope. It's actually Attack Of The Clones.
>>
>>63872019
All of the Next Generation movies had the same problems. They were all Picard/Data shows and each tried to turn Picard into an action hero, which he was manifestly not suited to be. First Contact was the best of them but it wasn't actually very good.
>>
File: vroooom.jpg (72 KB, 1000x600) Image search: [Google]
vroooom.jpg
72 KB, 1000x600
>>63872139
whaat?
>>
File: wrathofkhanbestmovie.jpg (41 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
wrathofkhanbestmovie.jpg
41 KB, 1280x720
>>63872072
You mean this one, right?
>>
>>63872072

I agree they should of given him a little backstory on why suddenly became more bloodthirsty during first contact. Like some mention of counseling sessions after being abducted by the borg and developing PTSD that triggers the fuck out of them when they show up. I know they kind of did that in the movie, but it felt jarring.
>>
File: Tommygun-picard.jpg (48 KB, 601x256) Image search: [Google]
Tommygun-picard.jpg
48 KB, 601x256
>>63872609
>>63872072
>>
>>63872242
>I. AM. KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA *breathes AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN
>Spock, Kirk and first time Star Trekers: Who?

Well made film, bonkers and shit script. Third is going to be the worst thing ever, but at least Beastie Boys are getting residuals.
>>
File: Crazy Star Trek.png (62 KB, 640x1920) Image search: [Google]
Crazy Star Trek.png
62 KB, 640x1920
>>63872609
Or just keep Picard as the calm, rational diplomat, and have Special Guest Star Sisko as the KILL ALL BORG guy.
>>
>>63872066
This.
A pre-Enterprise movie about the creation of Starfleet and the first fleet of warp-capable ships could be really cool.
>>
>>63872748

I remember some anon mentioned that the script looked it was originally intended that Sisko was supposed to be on the Defiant with Worf, and that he would be running the Enterprise while Picard did his usual diplomatic thing on Earth with Zeffram Cochran. It would of been one of the best ST movies.
>>
If you answer isn't KHHHAAAAANNNNN, you can go to hell.
>>
I like the Motion Picture the most and I also happen to have god awful taste
>>
File: 1423866243716.jpg (22 KB, 528x297) Image search: [Google]
1423866243716.jpg
22 KB, 528x297
tng is streaming on ankhstream atm
>>
>>63872742
how can your body not be ready for the trek and the furious?
>>
File: 1449758166395.jpg (16 KB, 365x348) Image search: [Google]
1449758166395.jpg
16 KB, 365x348
the final frontier best film
boyyys
>>
>>63872832
>Picard almost done patting Cochrane's shoulder while he sobers up
>Sisko neck deep into Borg shit in his ship while O'Brian is trying ti shut down every single power grid to neutralize the Borg
>another Borg sphere shows up
>SUDDENLY
>Alternate timeline Warship Voyager follows and starts to fuck shit up
>recieving transmission from Janeway
>takes command of the operation
>one hour later, the Borg has been eradicated from this timeline, Cochrane has been traumatized out of ever drinking again and Lily is now a lesbian sex slave making coffee 24/7
>"And these were the voyages of the warship Voyager"
>written by Brannon Braga
>executive producer : Rick Berman
>>
>>63872952
>>
>>63872019
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyDbfCbQnH8
Yeah, First Contact.. Truly the Picard that I loved watching.
My favorite is probably either Journey Home or The Motion Picture
>>
I don't know, but there isn't a single movie that is as good as Spock Versus Q.
>>
>>63872952
I just think the whole thing is baffling. That Star Trek isn't really for Trekies anymore, it's sort of like if they remade Lord of the Rings 20 years in the future but with younger, sexier characters, handed the franchise to someone that doesn't like Lord of the Rings but likes Harry Potter movies so he makes them more like that, with new original music by Skrillex and deadmau5.
>>
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 528x544) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 528x544
"Commander, show me your sexual organs."
>>
>>63872072

I can see how TWoK is probably a better movie objectively, but I prefer TVH because as a kid I taped if off the TV and rewatched it endlessly.
>>
>>63872139
Nemesis should have been about discovering that the actual Romulan clone was the Picard from the movies and that was because he acted so different, put old-original Picard instead of Shinzo to have a battle of clones
>>
>>63872742
>first time Star Trekers: Who

Nah, about everybody knew at least that Khan existed. The KHAAAAAAAAAAANNN from TWoK is a popular meme, everybody at least knows Khan was a bad dude original-Kirk fought. Busting out a few Space Seed references would have probably confused them, though.
>>
>>63872748
Picard was alwasy ready to fight when needed he isn't just the meme diplomat calm guy
>>
>>63874728
Yeah except he was perfectly fine in the serie afterward. He even had the opportunity to destroy the Borg and he didn't.
Oh but now he's out to revenge, watch out, Borg!
>>
File: Liberace.jpg (11 KB, 292x219) Image search: [Google]
Liberace.jpg
11 KB, 292x219
>>63873656
>Spock Versus Q

>I object to you. I object to intellect without discipline. I object to power without constructive purpose.

Brah we already had that and it ain't broke, don't go fixing it.
>>
>>63874692
That's a damn fine idea.
>>
File: chief-obrien.jpg (47 KB, 590x444) Image search: [Google]
chief-obrien.jpg
47 KB, 590x444
>it's a complaining about replicated food and then using the transporter episode
>>
File: pulaski.jpg (67 KB, 694x530) Image search: [Google]
pulaski.jpg
67 KB, 694x530
>it's a everyone else on the ship has been killed, copied and killed again every time they use the transporter except me episode
>>
>>63875477
She used it once and almost died.
Oh teh ironing
>>
>>63875477
I don't get it.
Once you've used it once, you're done for.
It doesn't matter how many time you used it, the first time is enough
>>
>>63872019
Best in what regard?
Best story and execution: Wrath of Khan
Most fun: First Contact
Best Star Trek: The Motion Picture
>>
>>63877380

How about most comfy?
>>
>>63875477
>it's a we literally have an episode to remove this meme episode
>>
>>63877418
Actually been a while since I rewatched it, so I can't really argue with you. But I think IV takes most comfy, simply on account of being about the crew just hanging out in (then) modern day earth and saving the whales.
>>
6>2>4>1>7>11>3>8>10>5>12>9

first contact fags can fuck off

inb4 retards see i have generations (a fatally flawed but interesting movie) at number 5 and assume im shitposting
>>
>>63877670
>inb4 retards see i have generations (a fatally flawed but interesting movie) at number 5 and assume im shitposting

No no, I just see you have TMP at 4 and assume you're a tryhard.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.