[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I thought I misheard this at first but were they really referring
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: burning-star-space-wide.jpg (517 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
burning-star-space-wide.jpg
517 KB, 1920x1200
I thought I misheard this at first but were they really referring to the star in The Force Awakens as "The Sun"? Did I miss something? How the fuck did that get through proof reading?
>>
>>63871126

Sun can be used as star if the context (being the central star of a planetary system) is the same.
>>
>>63871126
minor detail, TFA had a lot of other problems senpai
>>
File: 737222732_fcda5cd715_large.jpg (20 KB, 500x205) Image search: [Google]
737222732_fcda5cd715_large.jpg
20 KB, 500x205
>>63871126
The Resistance are going to travel to the Milky Way and land in Shia LaBeouf's backyard.
>>
JJ has a five year old's understanding of science. Actually, that's probably insulting to five year olds.
>>
Sun just refers to any star at the center of your solar system. Our sun has a technical designation as one of countless stars. Every star is a sun, every sun is a star.
>>
>>63873732
>every star is a sun
nope
>>
>>63873783
The ones with planets are.
>>
>>63871126

What's the problem? Sun and star are interchangeable.
>>
>>63873783
> supports neighboring planets in its gravitational pull
> not a sun
Just leave
>>
>>63873804
Something tells me most stars have smaller planets orbiting them
>>
>>63873886
hi there reddit
>>
>>63872081
>Shia LaBeouf dies, trying to bring Luke back to life.
>Goes to Force Heaven
>Gets an inspirational speech from Sheev
>>
>>63873732
I wonder.
You're on orbit around a star with no satellites.
Can you call it the sun? Technically your ship is a temporary satellite, and it is the "local" star, despite the fact that its solar system does not have an edge in the traditional sense within which you can be.

Some people also say we shouldn't call them solar systems, rather star systems, as solar comes from Sol, which is specifically our sun's name at this point, though it literally means Sun.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.