[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did I feel like Captain Phasma did absolutely nothing to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 10
File: hot-toys-captain-phasma.jpg (53 KB, 673x353) Image search: [Google]
hot-toys-captain-phasma.jpg
53 KB, 673x353
Why did I feel like Captain Phasma did absolutely nothing to contribute to the film? I was expecting some cool shit from her. Phasma's big shining moment was when she retracted the shields on the mega death star.

Damn did she even shoot her gun?
>>
>>63869162
She will kill Luke
Cap this
>>
>We're going for a Boba Fett type character

>expecting huge badass in cool armor

>get asshole who says 3 lines and literally gets thrown into the garbage off screen

bravo J.J., all this time it was just a diss against boba fett
>>
I was expecting at least her armor to have some exotic abilities anyway. Bob Fetts armor could fly and had Lasso guns. She was a disappoint
>>
>>63869162
>be captain of the storm troopers
>immediately turn of the shields to the star system destroyer you build as soon as some space ape points his crossbow at you
ayy lmao
>>
chill out ya fucks

she's coming back...confirmed to be in the next film
>>
>>63869221
I couldn't see the POTTERY before, but now I do.
>>
>>63869276
Episode VII: The Garbage Chute Strikes Back
>>
We would have lost TR8R, but yeah I agree with the general oponion that it would have much more sense for Phasma to be the one who kicked Finn's ass on Takodana(?)
>>
>>63869252
not sure how she could even be accepted back, she was responsible for the destruction of an unbelievable amount of resources, she's fucking useless already
>>
>>63869330
She cold have rushed to the landing bay Finn was trying to escape from and fired her big gun at the fleeing tie fighter thus being the reason for it to tumble damaged back to he planet.
>>
>>63869221
but...that's exactly what boba fett was like in V and VI
>>
If this had originally being Cucumbersnatch would the character have been any different?
>>
>literally an excuse for an extra toy
>>
>>63869459
yeah, that was the point of my post jackass
>>
they casted her to get got fans to see the movie
>>
>>63869671
This. That's why she was up there with the actual cast when promoting the movie.
>>
>>63869252

Yeah, that was incredibly retarded.
It's like, at a bare minimum Kylo is going to kill you later when he finds out. So you can die gloriously in battle and let your side win, or you betray your people and get killed anyway.
>>
>>63869162
Captain Phasma was thrown in the trash. She also sold a lot of toys and made feminists really happy. Other than that no she didn't do anything.
>>
>>63869162
>Contracted for more movies
>>
How do you faggots know its "her"
>>
>>63869908
were not deaf and could hear her voice
>>
>>63870031
and we know whos playing who
>>
>>63870031
Voice modulator
>>
File: sodamnhigh.png (72 KB, 332x290) Image search: [Google]
sodamnhigh.png
72 KB, 332x290
>>63869162
>post yfw the 12 deleted scenes at least half are phasma kicking serious ass
>>
>>63870064
what you on about m8?
>>
>>63870099

>implying all the deleted scenes arent Lou Peter Umbongo
>>
>>63870099
she was a last minute addition to get the got crowd

her scenes were probably the last to be filmed
>>
>>63870064
why would a storm trooper use a voice modulator to make themselves sound like a woman?
>>
>>63870935
Cause it's 2015
>>
>>63869162
Think about what Fett did:

>told not to disintegrate people
>hid in some space trash
>acted as a transporter for frozen Han
>got knocked into a giant desert anus with teeth

It was the fans and other media that brought him fame and badassness, not anything in the movies.
>>
>>63871080
All of that gave him character and amounts to much more than what Phasma did.
All Phasma did was stand behind hitler, threaten Finn and blow up her own base.
Thes hardly anything there to give fans a reason to even begin liking her.
She wasnt even seen in the ground combat for crying out loud.
The tonfa trooper had more going to him in one scene than Phasma did in all the movie. Fuck I think he even had more screentime than her.
>>
>>63869162
>Why did I feel

Becuase she had two scenes Anon.
>>
>>63872213
She apeared behind the speaker in that third reich scene during the planet cannon firing.
But I wouldnt blame you for forgetting she was there.
>>
>>63872165
>All of that gave him character and amounts to much more than what Phasma did.
Agreed. Over three movies, Fett has done more than Phasma. So how much did Fett do in ONE movie? Oh wait, he wasn't even in the first movie until Lucas reworked them with a hatchet.

>stand behind hitler
>establish social relationship

>threaten Finn
>establish personal relationship

>blow up her own base
>establish character issues and motive to return

Give the character some time. There will be a LOT more in extended media between movies. At least wait until the second to make a judgement. And yes, at this point I'm just shilling a character with no screentime and too much commercialization.
>>
>>63872909
I disagree with all those things. None of them felt as substancial as you make them out to be.
Im willing to give her the benefit of the doubt till the third film but her initial performace is pretty lackluster.
>>
>>63873166
But so was Boba Fett. I'd bet Phasma already has 50% of the screen time Boba Fett got. The difference so far is that Fett was more involved in the central plotline. My guess is Phasma will play a larger part of the next movie, as she comes after Finn. Meanwhile Rey will have Luke and Ren shit to deal with somewhere else.
>>
ITT: butthurt phasmafags who were drawn to characters solely for looks
>>
>>63869162
I feel the same way about Finn.
>>
>>63870974
Actually, star wars happened long ago. If anything, there should be fewer women in it, right?
>>
>yfw they reveal its a tranny in 8
>>
>>63873259
Don't worry she survives to at least Ep. IX, she's already been confirmed to be in VIII and IX.
>>
>>63873642
Well it's not like her armor is going to stop a blaster to the skull. Just because it's Chrome doesn't mean it's better.
>>
>>63873642
Yeah... she wasnt willing to die to prevent EVERYONE getting blown up

In fact she should be dead after getting tossed in the compactor but of course they dont show it abd shell get out. Like po
What the fuck is it with this movie abd not showing us things like the tie fighter crash landing
>>
>>63873642
>>63873696
I thought she didn't try to resist because fucking Chewie was there. Wookie's could pull arms out of sockets and I doubt she wants robotic replacements.
>>
Imagine if Phasma had been the trooper to challenge Finn to that melee fight.

>Wants revenge on deserter stormtrooper
>Actually knows him and has reason to call him traitor
>Disciplining her insubordinate
>Isn't just a random trooper who for some reason has the melee weapon when literally no other troopers have one
>Gives Phasma more to do

It would save both a character and a scene from the pointless shit that was that moment.
>>
>>63873729
>but of course they dont show it abd shell get out

>mfw they will have Han somehow survive the fall
>>
Just wait for the extended edition, they'll add like 10 minutes of phasma, and the other alien that was cut.
>>
>>63873812

>Phasma the slave owner whipping a runaway slave
>>
>>63869162
Her and Finn hook up in the next film.
>>
>>63873865
Anyone know what was cut?
>>
>>63869162

I just don't get it, /tv/. The First Order would have won everything in this movie by a landslide if it weren't for TWO, just TWO people from defecting.

How do you go from being raised your entire life in a clearly fascist regime's military, to saying "fuck this" and killing like 100 of your own guys after just ONE mission.

Furthermore, why the fuck did Phasma, who's like one of the highest ranking fucking people in the First Order, just comply with Finn's demands? It doesn't make any sense. Surely all these people take oaths to give their life for the First Order? And if they're indoctrinated from birth why the FUCK would they do otherwise?

Stupid af
>>
>>63873730
A Lightsaber and Blaster are not the same thing. There is lightsaber resistant armor that isn't blaster resistant. A lot of old Mandalorian armor is like that.
>>63873755
Either way, it's not like she could do anything without getting severely injured.
>>
Traitor trooper was based epic win for the win!
>>
>>63873946
Stuff with Mahz was cut because they didn't like her face mo-cap and some stuff at the end with Luke was cut, specifically Luke talking to someone before Rey shows up and his little dialogue of "My father has it, I have it, and you have it." to Rey.
>>
>>63869221
except Boba Fett

>helped tracking Han Solo to Bespin when the Empire had lost track of him
>took him away and brought him to Jabba which will be the starting situation of the next movie
>had no fear and rushed to fight against a guy with lightsaber

meanwhile Phasma

>does nothing
>gets scared the moment her life is in danger
>>
She was the character I was looking forward to most. Still a bit pissed.
>>
>>63874008
>meanwhile Boba Fett gets hit by a blind man with a stick which malfunctions his jetpack and sends him into a Saarlac Pit
>>
>>63873812
would certainly be an improvement.
>>
>>63874132
>something out of his control happen
>LOL WHAT A JOKE XD

Fuck off reddit
>>
>>63874189
He needed to mind his surroundings.
>>
She's just a recolored stormtrooper with accessories. She was literally inserted into the movie so that they could cheaply refurbish a stormtrooper action figure and force collectors to spend even more money.
>>
>>63874189
He's a Bounty Hunter, should have been paying attention to what was going on around him.

Phasma minded her surroundings and look what happens, she lived.
>>
>>63873556

I really like the idea of her being a recurring joke character. It really drives home the ongoing theme of Star Wars being about true power on the inside and not on the outside.
>>
>>63874377
Well she is a Stormtrooper. I hope we get more Stormtroopers just being like "Kylo is mad again, ya know what, lets go this way."
>>
>>63869162

The only way for her to come back in the next movie in a way that wont annoy me is if shes being punished and she goes rogue or something.
If she gets sentenced to death and then runs away and then becomes the bad ass shes supposed to be then it will totally redeem her uselessness
>>
>>63874359
>lived
no
>>
>>63874542
Already confirmed to be in VIII and IX, try again. She's signed on for the entire trilogy.
>>
> tfw VIII opens with a large battle
> resist vs new order
> phasma leading order
> Finn fighting with resist
> first 10 minutes and phasma BTFO of Finn and sets the resist in an upward climb for plot reasons
> phasma displays utter badassness
> ohshitbadguy.jpeg
>>
>>63872909
>Give the character some time
Just because a movie is part of a trilogy does not mean it should be paced like a six hour long movie.
>>
File: PHASMA.jpg (73 KB, 632x433) Image search: [Google]
PHASMA.jpg
73 KB, 632x433
Phasma...
>>
>>63873812
>Isn't just a random trooper who for some reason has the melee weapon when literally no other troopers have one

The moment I saw that in the trailer I pretty much lost all serious interest in the movie, I could no thought was given to the plot beyond it being a vague link between action set pieces.
>>
>>63873812
>>63874862

If every storm trooper in that scene had the riot gear it would have been fucking intense.
>>
>>63874359
>she lived

because this isn't the last movie of the trilogy and she is a woman
>>
>>63869162

>Phasma

>>>/trash/
>>
>>63874189
Get this hothead to a garbage chute
>>
>>63874915
Or because they're not finished with her, simple as that. Not everyone is a magic conspiracy for progressive shenanigans.
>>
[spoilers]>she was literally thrown in the trash on a planet that blew up. [/spoilers]
Even Boba got a shot off first.
>>
>>63875032
>because this isn't the last movie of the trilogy

pls try reading next time before storming to defend a female on the internet
>>
>>63869162
She helped to sell toys.
>>
>>63873812
ABRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMS
>>
>>63875032
>defending shekel movie
grow up
>>
i think she was meant to just be the authority figure that Fin conquers

that said, she should have done something like kill a kid so i actually hated her
>>
>>63869374
No one knows it was her who deactivated the shields.
>>
Would you rather have her being a badass? Its good she was underused and basically did nothing
>>
>upset that his stormtrooper friend died
>responds by killing a bunch of stormtroopers at the TIE fighter hangar
>>
>>63875559
>Movie tries to push idea that stormtroopers are people
>One of main characters is stormtrooper
>They have women in there, they aren't clones, they are people
>TR-8R felt betrayed by Finn
>Finn chose not to be stormtrooper
>Wastes others like trash so that he wouldn't have to waste not stormtroopers like trash
>>
>>63875629
Theyre too far gone now, best to put them down
>>
boba fett didn't do shit in his movies yet all you straight hetero white cisboys still made up your own fan fictions on how "badass" he is. can't do the same with captain phasma? i wonder why.
>>
File: E11_egwt.png (290 KB, 934x1200) Image search: [Google]
E11_egwt.png
290 KB, 934x1200
>>63869162
Why does her E-11 have two stocks?
>>
File: 1450490190009.jpg (69 KB, 730x489) Image search: [Google]
1450490190009.jpg
69 KB, 730x489
They should just give this guy her cape in the next movie
>>
>>63875559
yeh i thought this was retarded also
>>
>>63869162
WHY THE FUCK DID SHE RETRACT THE SHIELDS?

can you imagine a trooper under vader's command pulling that shit knowing what would happen to them?
>>
>You will never get assigned to her unit.
>She will never recondition you to make you tougher and more confident.
>She will never congratulate your squad after a successful mission.
>She will never give you a personal hand - to - hand combat lesson in her quarters
I fuck murder
>>
>>63873812
That would ruin the "white cop beats up dindu rioter" pottery
>>
File: 1450384699376.png (38 KB, 500x498) Image search: [Google]
1450384699376.png
38 KB, 500x498
>-Starkiller gets blown up over the incompetency of a woman
>>
>>63870154

If you don't think GOT fans (i.e. people who slavishly follow what is popular regardless of its quality) weren't going to see TFA regardless of Brienne being in it or not, you failed your sociology class in high school. (Not that TFA wasn't an awesome film and worthy of the hype)
>>
>>63875823
He's dead though.
>>
File: TR-8R Strikes Back.jpg (1011 KB, 729x1080) Image search: [Google]
TR-8R Strikes Back.jpg
1011 KB, 729x1080
>>63875559

He was the hero this movie needed, struck down in his prime by a cowardly sneak attack.
>>
File: 1448929482186.jpg (33 KB, 450x290) Image search: [Google]
1448929482186.jpg
33 KB, 450x290
>>63876875

He's not dead until I see the death certificate.
>>
>>63869162
I wonder what does she look like under that helmet.
>>
>>63869252
Mfw I thought you meant Finn
>>
File: gwendoline-christie[1].jpg (46 KB, 1024x684) Image search: [Google]
gwendoline-christie[1].jpg
46 KB, 1024x684
>>63877684
she is a qt giantess
>>
>>63878025
me too lol
>>
>>63878079
Whoa, really? I never thought I would want to fuck Christie, even considering she has the best ass on GOT
>>
>she presses a button to deactivate the shields
>nobody on the whole planet has another button to power the shields back on nor do they think of going to the room with that button to do so
>>
>>63869162
>Defends Finn and goes easy on him when she could've just had him executed for insubordination
>Willing cooperates with the terrorists to lower the shields on the planet laser
>Fate is left ambiguous afterwards

It's obvious she's built up to return in the 2nd movie as a means to bring up conflict with Finn's past. The two will be on opposing sides and it will end with strong sexual tension where she defects to the Resistance with him in the 3rd movie.
>>
>>63875559
There was a lot more to it than just that one stormtrooper dying in front of him.
>>
>another boba fett
>phasma
>woman
kek .. Jew Jew will never create a character as badass as Lord Fett .. nice try feminist cukks
Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.