[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i liked the new star wars, but not doing a thrawn movie trilogy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: Thrawn.jpg (64 KB, 416x467) Image search: [Google]
Thrawn.jpg
64 KB, 416x467
i liked the new star wars, but not doing a thrawn movie trilogy was a squandered opportunity.
>>
>>63868963

As much as I like Thrawn's character and would have liked to see some of the Expanded Universe material adapted to film. It was already too late to do an adaptation of most EU stuff 20 years ago.
>>
File: IeVmSJX.gif (2 MB, 720x344) Image search: [Google]
IeVmSJX.gif
2 MB, 720x344
>>63868963
give me a short summary of Thrawn EU, people keep saying it's so good but its EU so it obviously can't be good at all
>>
don't worry, family, disney got your dumb needs covered

there's going to be shitloads of movies and merchandise for you get until the retarded masses get bored of it
>>
>>63869010

it looks more like the droid is flipping him off
>>
Licensed Media is the fast food of science fiction OP
kill yourself
>>
more like introducing new charactes that were just ripoffs of EU characters was the mistake

either go full in and adapt some EU shit, or come up with something brand new
>>
>>63869037

THIS

Holy fucking shit. It doesn't make any sense to get rid of the EU if you're just gonna steal ideas from it anyway.
>>
>>63869010
5 years after Jedi, Imperial remnant has a new Grand Admiral back from the Unknown Regions beyond charted space leading it
Orchestrates a series of tactical victories and gains strategic sectors of space
A lot of sub-matinee villain chortling over destroying the republic and capturing/killing the solo twin babies
Mara Jade mary sue
>>
>>63869037
>>63869077
you guys really think Abrams and Kasdan read shitty star wars paperbacks?
lel
>>
>>63868963
Why Nightcrawler is cosplaying some general guy?
>>
>>63869132

I don't think they read them, but they already mentioned that a team was looking the Legends stuff for ideas.

I think it was more like: in the Expanded Universe, Han has a son who goes darkside, let's do that, but change his entire motivation and make him more shallow and digestible to a mainstream audience, and let's change the name so we can stay safe from any possible lawsuits.
>>
>>63869098
literally the same as TFA but 30 years later instead, minus Mara Jade and Rey/Kylo are cousins instead of twins
>>
>>63869290
how is any of that TFA you moron
>>
>>63869400
>Imperial remnant has a new Grand Admiral back from the Unknown Regions beyond charted space leading it
Hux and the First Order

>Orchestrates a series of tactical victories and gains strategic sectors of space
Starkiller base destroying the Republic

>A lot of sub-matinee villain chortling over destroying the republic
>>
>>63869290

Except Thrawn is not an emo dork nor is he a shadowy "clearly evil by the foreboding music and use of shadow". Thrawn actually is more of an antagonist than straight up villain and in a lot of ways stands in contrast to and challenges the stereotype of the Empire as a big evil organization. The Thrawn saga showed for the first time that the Empire was not inexplicably evil but rather many followed Sheev because he promised order, unity and stability. Even if Sheev was an evil son of a bitch, it doesn't change that he was "right" that the Empire was necessary to prevent chaos from swallowing up the galaxy. If anything the true "villain" of the story is Jorus, the Jedi clone that wants Leia's children.

Thrawn is also extremely competent yet willing to acknowledge the worth of others and their ideas to his own and takes his death in good spirits
>>
>>63869010
Think of someone modeled after Rommel.
>>
>>63869188
I really doubt they are looking through the eu
they would see it as beneath them
>>
>>63869290
tfa is not thrawn trilogy you fool
>and Rey/Kylo are cousins instead of twins
the twins were new born babies, stop being a fool
>>
>>63869441
Hux is not a genius
Starkiller base destroying shit doesn't gain them anything it just destroys things. Thrawn regained ship yards, food production worlds, etc
>>
>>63869458
No thrawn is shallowly evil in the original books
it has been retrofitted into the stories that he was for a greater good shit
look at all the cackling about destroying the republic and kidnapping the twins and shit in those original three books
>>
>>63869441
>people being there
>stuff happening
OMG YOU GUYS TOTALLY THE SAME
>>
>>63869920
>No thrawn is shallowly evil in the original books

No he isn't.

>look at all the cackling about destroying the republic

So? There's nothing about laughing at the futile attempts of your enemies to beat you. Rebels did it all the time.
>>
>>63869850
They literally said that's what they did, retard
>>
>>63869010
A more realistic sequel to the Return of the Jedi where the Empire have limited resources that are gradually consolidated and used to blockade Coruscant among other things. The stories have some wacky stuff like clones of clones but the basic storyline of Thrawn is pretty good imo.
>>
>>63869441
>implying the Republic was supposed to be nothing more than the Alliance on one tiny system

This movie is shit and you all know it

Disney apologists pls go
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.