[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>The entire situation with Luke and the map. First of all,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 140
Thread images: 13
File: finn.jpg (643 KB, 800x910) Image search: [Google]
finn.jpg
643 KB, 800x910
>The entire situation with Luke and the map. First of all, it is completely unlike Luke to leave behind his sister and friends in a time like this when they are desperate for help in fighting off the First Order. Second, why does R2D2 have most of the map but then one important part of it is on Jakku with Lor San Tekka (Max von Sydow)? If Luke didn't want to be found at all, why even leave a map? And if he wanted to be found if he is needed, why not just tell only Leia where he is for example? It just doesn't make much sense to me and I just cannot believe Luke would, even if he was devastated over what happened to his jedi academy and what went down with Kylo, abandon everyone like that at such a time.

>Why wouldn't Leia hug and comfort Chewie after they come back from Starkiller base? It seems extremely odd that these two characters above all others would not be the ones to share an emotional moment over losing Han.

>Why did Finn know Han as a "war hero" if he was abducted by the First Order as a very young child, so young even he didn't even have a name? What kind of history books does the FO write exactly that would list Solo as a war hero?

>How did Maz get a hold of Luke and Anakin's old lightsaber? How did anyone ever get a hold of it considering it fell down into the gas core of Bespin? And why would she leave it in a freely accessible room in an unlocked chest? Anyone could have walked in there and just taken it.

>How did Finn find Poe's jacket right inside the wreckage, yet Poe apparently landed a far distance away from it mostly unharmed and managed to get off of Jakku and back to the resistance base without issue? Why would the jacket be in the wreck but Poe so far away?

Well /tv/?
>>
>it was the will of the force
>>
And why did Rey speak Wookiee?
>>
It's JJ, it's how he does things

Remember in Star Trek when old Spock watches Vulcan torn apart by the red matter from an icy planet? What is that icy planet? The Enterprise left Vulcan and much later they spat Kirk out onto that ice planet, and yet it was within viewing distance of Vulcan?

It made no sense. JJ doesn't care.
>>
>The entire situation with Luke and the map. First of all, it is completely unlike Luke to leave behind his sister and friends in a time like this when they are desperate for help in fighting off the First Order.

he probably has a good reason for it, like he knew the search for him would bring the important players together, or he was actually on a super secret mission during the time

>Second, why does R2D2 have most of the map but then one important part of it is on Jakku with Lor San Tekka (Max von Sydow)? If Luke didn't want to be found at all, why even leave a map? And if he wanted to be found if he is needed, why not just tell only Leia where he is for example?

he does want to be found but if he told Leia it might not happen at the right time or she might have been mind-read by someone

>Why wouldn't Leia hug and comfort Chewie after they come back from Starkiller base? It seems extremely odd that these two characters above all others would not be the ones to share an emotional moment over losing Han.

you see Chewie crying alone later, he wanted to be by himself

>Why did Finn know Han as a "war hero" if he was abducted by the First Order as a very young child, so young even he didn't even have a name? What kind of history books does the FO write exactly that would list Solo as a war hero?

probably heard stories from civilians

>How did Maz get a hold of Luke and Anakin's old lightsaber? How did anyone ever get a hold of it considering it fell down into the gas core of Bespin? And why would she leave it in a freely accessible room in an unlocked chest? Anyone could have walked in there and just taken it.

probably bought it off of some scavengers, she left it down there since she probably knows it'll call to force sensitive people

>How did Finn find Poe's jacket right inside the wreckage

maybe Poe took his Jacket off in the crash because it was catching fire or getting in the way of an ejection seat or something
>>
>1: Very strange indeed, maybe it was just sort of a backup plan. Maybe Luke fucked up this bad and thought that nobody would ever like to get in touch with him again. He stored it in R2 'justin case' and split up the map with Lor San Tekka as a safety guard, so the map would not be taken at once. But then why not spread pieces of the map across the galaxy anyway?

>2: Didn't they have a small meeting/hug moment? I think I missed this, then.

>3: Rumors from other Stormtroopers in the FO? As a janitor, you hear a lot of stories, I guess.

>4: The room was opened when Rey walked down the stairs, it was locked before that. How she got a hold of the lightsaber, I don't know. Probably one of the workers there found it and gave it up through Lando? Oh no, Lando actually flew away at the end of Ep 5. Good question, IDK.

>6: I think he just didn't care about his jacket and wanted to get away asap. But then again, why leave Finn there on his own in sinking sand?
>>
>>63868635

probably met some at that trading post and it's useful to learn all the languages spoke there for trading
>>
>>63868690
Was that super secret mission worth the billions of lives lost because of his inaction towards the FO building a weapon to blow up multiple planets in one go?
>>
>>63868635
There was probably a wookie that fucked her for rations in her early years on Jakku
>>
File: JJ-Abrams[1].jpg (45 KB, 948x1221) Image search: [Google]
JJ-Abrams[1].jpg
45 KB, 948x1221
>>63868690
>he probably has a good reason for it

seriously what does this man have to do to make you people stop apologizing for him?

if it's not in the movie it's because JJ couldn't come up with a plausible reason and moved on to the next plot point
>>
>>63868756
That's worth three quarters of a portion.
>>
I have a dad who's pretty much pissed when he sees black man/white woman relationships

is it safe to take him to the movie in just a y/n format
>>
The map is to the first Jedi temple, not to Luke's location specifically. Granted the movie did a shitty job of explaining this, but it's there.
>>
>>63868784
There is no romance between them really
Not yet anyway
>>
>>63868760
Social media peer pressure is real.
This is people who are 13 after all.
>>
>>63868784
you shouldn't take him to see the movie because it's rubbish. see something else.
>>
>>63868519
>First of all, it is completely unlike Luke to leave behind his sister and friends in a time like this when they are desperate for help in fighting off the First Order. Everything else about the situation is retarded though.
>Lor San Tekka
Oh, they are playing that game again, dont they? Star Wars: The Force Awakening, 1/2 of Episode VII, look for the other 1/4 in the novellisation and the rest is scattered through merchandise.
>>
>>63868871
I fucked this up.
>>First of all, it is completely unlike Luke to leave behind his sister and friends in a time like this when they are desperate for help in fighting off the First Order.
It is completely like the Jedi master though. Everything else about the situation is retarded
>>
Your first point about Luke and the map is precisely what the whole build up is about. It seems absurd for Luke to do it like this, yes, so then, we are going to have to find out and hear it from him in a next movie. This movie raised more questions than answers, we don't know exactly what happened to Ben/Kylo Ren, we don't know exactly what was on Luke's mind, etc.

>Leia and Chewie
They were the closest to Han, why wouldn't they share a moment? I don't get your point.

>war hero
Perhaps he was known by the FO as a remarking fellow that fucked the Empire, since Finn is now sided against the FO, he has only heard of Han for what he did against the Empire. Just like a capitalist can understand Che Guevara as a war hero. That is, good or not, Han was relevant, a hero, if Finn is on his side, of course he looks up to him. But yeah, you kind of have a point there.

>Luke's lightsaber
Same with first point. Who knows what happends in 30 years. Also, I've got the feeling that the lightsaber was not that easy to find, it was just her hallucinations that made it seem like a step away from it.

>Poe's jacket
Is it that impossible to you? If the jacket stuck, you take it out to survive in the moment.
>>
>>63868519
Precisely why did they send a janitor to battle anyway?
>>
>>63869059
>They were the closest to Han, why wouldn't they share a moment? I don't get your point.

Uh.. what? Have you seen the movie? Have you read my post right?
>>
>>63868729

he probably has some elaborate plan to find and kill Snoke

>>63868760

obviously it's going to be revealed in the next movie retard

it's like asking why they didn't explain in Gaurdians of the Galaxy who Memelord's dad was, they are saving getting into that for the next movie since everyone know's there'll be sequels
>>
>>63869091

they all have combat training, he just had toilet duty most of the time
>>
>>63869165
>tfw JJ said episode 7 works as a self contained movie and can stand on its own
>>
>>63869202

if you're not a retard you could watch just this one movie and not be concerned, the average person doesn't need every detail spelled out and can infer finding the jedi temple is important for the fight against the first order
>>
>>63869202
he's so full of shit. He just can't help but throw in his annoying Lost cliffhangers
>>
>>63869165
>revealed in the next movie
by leaving all of these loose ends for other people to clean up, he's left the coherency of what could have been his legacy in the hands of other people. getting to direct what people at least hoped would be the triumphant return of star wars was a huge chance for him to really leave his mark on cinema, but instead he squandered it by making a feature length, star wars themed lost episode.
>>
>>63868690
>you see Chewie crying alone later, he wanted to be by himself
This is quite literally the only thing that makes sense in your entire post.
Why are people so adamant on finding excuses for this movie?
I liked it it was alright, but come on
>>
Poe is dead. That was a FO clone. Nux mentioned that they had cloning tech.
>>
>>63868635
She spoke other alien languages too
>>
File: 1415188698056.jpg (50 KB, 434x428) Image search: [Google]
1415188698056.jpg
50 KB, 434x428
>>
>>63868519
Luke tried to sever Rey's connection to the force. This is a horrible thing to do to another person, and as a result, Luke broke his own connection as well. He isn't helping the resistance because he's lost his Jedi powers and is trying to get them back.

it's a mystery, and you'really supposed to watch 8 and 9 if you want a real answer
>>
Character relationships built way too fast and felt rushed
Finn and Poe spent all of 10 minutes together and all of a sudden BRO YOU MADE IT I LOVE YOU
Same with leia/rei(ray whatever) comforting each other at the end
Same with Han and rei having that weird relationship
Also this movie was a complete copy of episode 4
>desert planet with droids
>some force strong kid
>death of old beloved guy
>free prisoner from death star
>blow up death star
>force kid goes off to find old guy to teach them (yoda/luke)
I liked the movie but it's being way too overhyped
>>
File: 1448286708302.jpg (169 KB, 479x450) Image search: [Google]
1448286708302.jpg
169 KB, 479x450
>>63868519
>>63868519
>>63868519
>>63868519
>>
File: 1449435860972.jpg (45 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
1449435860972.jpg
45 KB, 720x405
>>63868519
>>63868519
>>63868519
>>63868519
>>63868519
>>
File: 1415187884239.jpg (13 KB, 198x200) Image search: [Google]
1415187884239.jpg
13 KB, 198x200
>>
>>63869381
Why is it important? That shit was a long time ago. It's in ruins/not even being used for millennia.

It's ancient history. Of what possible value is the first Jedi temple in a contemporary setting?

Are you wicked.
>>
>>63868519
Overthinking Star Wars is never a good idea. But, as happens with every other fantasy film, it's easy to imagine answers to these questions.

> 1. I guess that will be answered in the sequels? I don't know, it seems to me like he wanted to be found only in case of extreme need. If Leia knew where he was, she could be tortured out of it, so instead she knew where part of the map was. Also, the complete part, installed in R2, was probably programmed to appear only if a certain chain of events occured (I'm guessing the awakening of the Force). Also, we still don't know very much why did he leave. There was a clue about looking for old Jedi Temples. Maybe he wanted to discover something, instead of run away of the situation? Who knows.

> 2. I guess that is weird, but Star Wars never gave time to their characters to mourn. Both of them had their little moments when Han died, but I guess it would be unlike the OT if they huged and etc. Then again, that's not something that bothered me or any of the fans I've talked too; we all agreed that the death was well handled.

> 3. I guess even Stormtroopers have personal lives, as seen in the scenes inn which they are talking about random stuff in the background. Also, wouldn't it be logical that you teach your soldiers about the rebels? The interpretation of Han being a war hero could be only Finn's, but the information was probably given by the First Order itself.

> 4. About the injuries: didn't he ejected his seat from the TIE fighter, using a parachute and all?/ About the jacket: who knows, maybe he just took it off just before he ejected his seat.
>>
>>63873014
Exactly, we still don't know. I'm guessing it's related to who is Supreme Leader Snoke. I guess learning ancient history can be useful if you're fighting against a potentially imortal being.
>>
>>63873470
Hope Snoke ends up being Darth Jar Jar
>>
>>63869165
>They'll explain a plothole in the movie in the next movie. You're just being nitpicky.

When the fuck did it become okay for a movie to be poorly written with the hopes that outside media or the sequels will fix their shitty writing? Seriously is this one big ruse that I'm not in on because it's working and I'm mad. There's no justification for this. It's just poor writing.
>>
>>63868519
>Second, why does R2D2 have most of the map but then one important part of it is on Jakku with Lor San Tekka (Max von Sydow)? If Luke didn't want to be found at all, why even leave a map? And if he wanted to be found if he is needed, why not just tell only Leia where he is for example?

>>
>>63868635
Cause she's an expert linguist as well.
>>
>everything will be answered in the next movies you guise!
>>implying relying on upcoming sequels to fill plot holes isn't lazy writing
>>
>>63875208
Han probably would have been in their history books because he was part of the Imperial Navy at one point. Unless they retconned that out too.
>>
>>63874499
Because if a story is literally made to be three parts intentionally and has a point that carries over into those later parts, it's not a plot hole. Only after the fact can it be considered one
>>
It's almost like Luke intentionally left a map so that Rey could find him when The Force Awakens inside of her, which is why he reached out to activate R2D2 at the appropriate time
>>
>>63876029
How nice of Luke to not give a shit about billions of people dying to the First Order as well as Leia and other old friends and comrades of his being desperate in trying to fight them off.
>>
>>63876105
Yes because one Jedi would have been able to do something about it
>>
>>63876152
Luke could have destroyed the entire first order by himself. Kylo is absolutely no match for him.

Either way it's not like Luke to leave anyone behind at all
>>
>>63876183
you're making up characterization in your imagination
>>
>>63869059
>ith first point. Who knows what happends in 30 years. Also, I've got the feeling that th

the jaket makes no sense...he said he landed away from the spaceship....
so you think that while falling he took off the jacked for no reason (how the fuck a jacket that you are wearing can get in the way?) and then eject?
>>
>>63876275
No?
Have you not seen the OT?

Luke is the very last person to let harm come to any of his friends
>>
>>63871675
Hey fuccboi, when you blast your way through some life or death shit with somebody, that creates a pretty strong connection even though Finn and Poe only met briefly they had a big impact on each other and it makes sense that they'd be bros
>>
>>63876360
That's a flimsy grasp at straws as far as complaints go

It's like 40 years after the OT things change.

Also he left his friends in need when he went back to Dagobah to complete his training. When he felt they were going to die without him, he came back to help. Just like in TFA, he let his friends fend for themselves until he could no longer see them in pain

I think his characterization is perfectly in line with the OT

I'm sure you'll have some shit to say still though
>>
>>63876496
The difference being that back then he couldn't have helped them without completing his training.

Now he's the one and only jedi master in existence, his power far eclipsing that of Kylo

He doesn't need to meditate in Ireland to gain strength
>>
File: 1450549146018.jpg (76 KB, 393x315) Image search: [Google]
1450549146018.jpg
76 KB, 393x315
>>63876528
anime is literally the worst thing ever conceived

it breeds delusional losers with absolutely no sense of how the real world works, fooling them into believing that true love is a thing and that everything works out in the end

fuck anime so much
>>
>>63868519
>The entire situation with Luke and the map. First of all, it is completely unlike Luke to leave behind his sister and friends

wrong. he feels responsible for the massacre happening so he figures that the force is too much trouble and exiles himself and leaves ben solo's training incomplete

>the map

its a map pieced together by intel.

she hugged that person han was willing to sacrifice himself over
plus its a nice visual to have the two leading ladies of the franchise have a moment together after the one character that links them is gone.

probably just verbal history. even armies have libraries.

>How did Maz get a hold of Luke and Anakin's old lightsaber? How did anyone ever get a hold of it considering it fell down into the gas core of Bespin?

story for another day.

>And why would she leave it in a freely accessible room in an unlocked chest? Anyone could have walked in there and just taken it.

it was locked in a gaint room, but rey's force powers opened it.

>How did Finn find Poe's jacket right inside the wreckage, yet Poe apparently landed a far distance away from it mostly unharmed and managed to get off of Jakku and back to the resistance base without issue? Why would the jacket be in the wreck but Poe so far away?

poe took it off the moment he got in, watch carefully.
as for how he escaped, he was probably ejected like finn and im sure he was able to steal a ship or get himself on that one.

anymore?
>>
>>63876735
>so he figures the force is too much trouble
>yet he somehow goes on to search for the first jedi temple

stopped reading there, you are not even worth talking to
>>
File: 1401128184282.jpg (18 KB, 248x248) Image search: [Google]
1401128184282.jpg
18 KB, 248x248
>>63868519

MARVELIZATION OF THE STAR WARS FRANCHISE

>Star Wars: Deflecting blaster bolts.
>Marvel: Freezing blaster bolts in mid air.

>Star Wars: Droids are machines. If they're carrying secret plans, any technician can extract those plans.
>Marvel: Droids can place themselves in "low-power" mode and then you can't get any intel out of them until they magically come back (when the writer needs them to).

>Star Wars: Light sabers are tools or weapons. In Episode 4, Luke picks up his father's light saber, switches it on and... cool shiny blue energy weapon.
>Marvel: Rey touches Luke's light saber and gets a bunch of (magical) Luke-related force visions.

>Star Wars: The force involves training, requires an instructor, and takes time to develop.
>Marvel: The force is a super power that manifests in response to some traumatic event and transforms you in a dramatic instant--just when you really need it.

>Star Wars: "Traveling through hyperspace ain't like dusting crops, boy! Without precise calculations we could fly right through a star or bounce too close to a supernova, and that'd end your trip real quick, wouldn't it?"
>Marvel: Sure they've got a big planetary defense shield, but we're going to travel through it in hyperspace and come out of hyperspace between the shield and the planet. On my mark Chewy, one, two, three, now!

>Star Wars: General Solo leads a sizable Rebel Ops team to Endor to infiltrate the base and lower the shields so that the fighters can destroy the super weapon.
>Marvel: Old General Solo takes a wookiee and one grunt to do the same.

>Star Wars: The Death Star.
>Marvel: Star Killer Base.

>Star Wars: Light saber duels end when somebody loses a limb or two (or three).
>Marvel: People get hit with light sabers regularly, and they take a dramatic pause to reflect on the situation. The duel only ends when a seismic event creates a big chasm between the two combatants.
>>
>>63876786
>yet he somehow goes on to search for the first jedi temple

maybe to go and wipe it clean from anything that could be manipulated by the dark side.

what if the little journy that luke was one was him going from place to place purging anything jedi related from the universe?
>>
>>63869059

>They were the closest to Han, why wouldn't they share a moment? I don't get your point.

The point was that they DIDN'T share a fucking moment, for some reason she comforted Rey (who barely even fucking knew Han).
>>
>>63876869
anon please
we both know it's gonna be some kind of "I wanted to learn about the origins of the jedi and the force and learn how to stop the dark side from growing in the first place" blabla

It still doesn't excuse him running away like that
>>
>>63868519
fucking christ there's a difference between something that isn't explained in the movie and a plothole

who fucking cares how the lightsaber got there during the thirty years between RotJ and TFA or how finn had heard of han solo

>b-but i like for every single detail to be spelt out for me or i just don't like the movie no more
>>
>>63877031
Yeah fuck people for wanting shit to make sense
>>
>>63876971
>we both know it's gonna....

but we dont
and the indication that he isnt even carrying his lightsaber is indicative that his philosophy is different.

ill bet any type of money that luke doesnt have a single lightsaber in planet ireland.
>>
>>63877079
What makes you think he doesn't have his lightsaber with him?
>>
>>63876029
It was a stroke of luck that BB8 came into her possession. If Poe flew off in his X-Wing at the beginning, she would've stayed on Jakku for the rest of her life.
>>
>>63877123

the visual, rey handing HIS old lightsaber to him, almost asking him to take it back.

that's it. visual story telling.
>>
>>63877073
there's "prometheus didn't make any sense", and then there's "but how did the lightsaber get to a highly frequented bazaar in the space of thirty years?".

it makes sense, it's just that since the general audience isn't comprised of autistic fucks, movies don't usually need to give info on every fucking piece of prop the actors encounter.
>>
>>63877240
>"but how did the lightsaber that fell into the core of a gas planet get to a highly frequented bazaar in the space of thirty years?"

ftfy
>>
>>63876812
How can one post be so based?
>>
my perdiction on how the lightsaber found its way to old little alien lady

>luke found it after events of ROTJ
>he was hyped and wanted to establish a jedi academy and he wanted his fathers saber to be a part of it
>but shit went down and obviously ben went emo
>little alien lady probably worked at the academy, since she said that she knew of it.
>luke, sad and disillusioned with the force leaves it behind and exiles himself.
>little old lady finds it and keeps it with her, hoping to one day return it.
>>
>>63877266
They said it didn't fall down to Bespin. It was somewhere at the bottom of Cloud City.
Why it didn't shatter upon impact is another thing. They're hardly indestructible.
>>
>>63877220
Who says he doesn't have his green one? The one she had is the one he lost on Bespin
>>
File: BIG BLACK STAFF.png (216 KB, 424x365) Image search: [Google]
BIG BLACK STAFF.png
216 KB, 424x365
>>63868519
Why have realistic characters? TFA is JUST the type of rehash I was expecting, it's nothing but a glib facsimile.

If Star Wars was all I had access to as a child in terms of sci-fi I probably would become one of those crazy fanboys, but thankfully I had access to anime from very early on in my youth years that my mental balance is very stable.

Seriously, if you have watched Akira, you'd realize just how sophisticated anime is and it blows away anything Star Wars would have to offer.

A lot of people mention Ghost In The Shell, which has just enough of sexuality in the mix to draw in the western audience I suppose but I must say that Ghost In The Shell is not even in my top 10 anime, not even close, that's just how deep the world of anime is.

Some anime is so disturbingly mature like Fractale that I wish it would challenge the system and submit it as a Drama category in the Oscars just to bitchslap the snotty Academy.

It's not just the level of maturity and sophistication anime has, it's also quite original, entertaining, and visually fantastic. I would regard anime as the highest form of cinema art-form.

But hey, me preaching about anime won't do you any good, you gotta go out and see it for yourself just how much you are missing.

The recent one I would recommend to check out is Sword Art Online which is light and easy to get into anime for the first time yet appreciate it as much, but if you want the heavy stuff right off the line check out Guilty Crown in which the plot is so complex and twisted that you'll need extra oxygen pumped into your brain in order to comprehend everything, and if you want amazing visuals and a gripping drama that also has awesome mecha battles Aldnoah.Zero is the shit.

Seriously, if you know anime like I do, Star Wars looks like it's something for little kids.
>>
>>63876812
You forgot the excessive quips.
>>
>>63868519
>Poe apparently landed a far distance away from it mostly unharmed and managed to get off of Jakku and back to the resistance base without issue? Why would the jacket be in the wreck but Poe so far away?
Speaking of which,
Poe wanted to find BB8 right? He shouldn't have even left Jakku then if he desperately needed to find BB8. The next time we see him after he crashes on Jakku, he is flying his X-Wing again like nothing happened.

How did Poe even get off of Jakku?

A) his whole squad was killed on Jakku

B) he was kidnapped by the First Order without anyone knowing

C) he had no radio or anything on Jakku

Dont tell me that the Resistance picked him up. When did they have the time to do this?
>>
>>63877473
I would fuck Rey so hard
>>
>>63877538
I would watch Poe and Finn molesting her instead, to be honest.
>>
>>63877593
I wish I was Poe and that I could fuck Rey
>>
>>63877429
because he threw that one away, in a symbolisc gesture and then it got blown up.

did you even watch the movies?
>>
>>63877483
>How did Poe even get off of Jakku?

1. stole a ship?
2. asked for a ride
3. was able to somehow contact the resistance

pick your favorite.
>>
>>63877690
He has a point though.
Why would Poe suddenly leave the planet without BB8? He risked getting killed over the information BB8 carries multiple times before, why run now?
>>
Didn't Luke get sucked into one of those shoots when he falls down the core of cloud city? So, in theory, wouldn't his lightsaber have been sucked into one of those too? They seem like they were put there to capture anything falling down that giant chasm.

Somebody on Bespin had Anakin's lightsaber, maybe they found it in some garbage, and it went from there. Eventually, over the decades, Maz gained possession of it.
>>
>>63877723
>Why would Poe suddenly leave the planet without BB8? He risked getting killed over the information BB8 carries multiple times before, why run now?

because he was on the planet when the tie figthers came and was like "oh shit, i wonder who they were shooting at" and probably asked around and hard "it was a chick, a darkie, and a little bb unit they were going after" and was like, ah, they got away. nothing i can do now, time to get back to the base then.
>>
>>63877690
So...its never explained?

Its not the audiences job to make up scenarios. That's just poor writing on the writers part

They could have at least added a scene or something telling us what happened. "Oh hey, I heard from a rumor that BB8 was going off with a guy wearing my jacket. I knew it was you!"

It just doesnt make sense
>>
>>63877781
ok I can buy that
>>
>>63877781
you're once again making up scenarios in your head

just admit that this movie had piss poor writing over all. So fucking atrocious that its nearly a scene or scene copy of a New Hope. Thats how insecure these writers were in crafting a new Star Wars movie
>>
>>63877796
its a fun movie and scenes like that slow the movie down and dont matter in the end.

it makes perfect sense, youre just being difficult.
>>
>>63876812
I am trying to figure out why are none of the critics saying stuff like this which is so blatant. They all can't be paid off by Disney right?
>>
>>63877834
It was more conservative than insecure. They had to get the normies and casuals back on board, then they can rinse the shit out of the universe with another 10 movies over the next decade.

They'll be able to take way more risks with these new movies but the main series will remain a tad conservative. VIII will probs have a lot of Empire parallels, including the inevitable return of Lando Calrissian.
>>
>>63877877
>just shut your brain off and eat some popcorn

This is exactly what was wrong with the prequels

>>63877901
going against it is career suicide, for various reasons. One, it's Disney. Two, the lead characters are minorities. Thirdly, youd be ruining the fun for all the normies
>>
>>63877834
>just admit that this movie had piss poor writing over all.
but it doesnt.
>So fucking atrocious that its nearly a scene or scene copy of a New Hope. Thats how insecure these writers were in crafting a new Star Wars movie
insecurity is a valid assessment. and a valid criticism of the movie, so stop trying to find plotholes that dont exist because there are none because the writing played it safe the entire way.
>>
>>63878000
>but it doesnt.

It does. there are threads right now all over /tv/ pinpointing them right now. You're in one of them right now.

You just choose to ignore it, for whatever reason
>>
>>63878038
every single one of them has been addressed in this thread.
>>
>>63868635
Wow why are you being so sexist, shitlord?
>>
>>63869202

>Luke Skywalker has vanished.

Literally the first line of the crawl becomes utterly meaningless if you haven't seen the OT yet.

Abrams is such a hack.
>>
>>63878072
Creating imaginative scenarios where the writers failed isnt addressing them, lol.

>>63877690
where in the movie did it mentions these? must have missed them.
>>
>>63878148
>i need the most trivial of plot points spelled out for me.
>>
>>63875208

I figured it out.

The mystery box is the movie itself.

You're not supposed to see the movie, you're supposed to see the trailers and imagine what the movie COULD be.

And if you open the box, JJ punishes you with the movie inside it.

His filmmaking career desperately needs to end, but he could have a great future making movie trailers.
>>
>>63878267
>how did the first main character revealed to us survive is a trivial plot point

I wish I could be enjoy movies the way the average person does without stuff like the above bothering the shit out of me.
>>
>>63878000

It copied ANH's plot points but abandoned anything resembling narrative connection between them. It's being dragged through ANH's plot points entirely via contrivance and lazy plot devices. None of it feels natural. None of it makes sense. None of it has any internal logic at all.
>>
>>63878364

I think he said something about getting thrown free of the crash and then when he came to Finn and the fighter were both gone.

Apparently he was thrown straight through the cockpit, which caught his jacket and neatly removed it, and landed some hundreds of meters away where Finn couldn't see or find him, all without any apparent lasting injuries of any kind.
>>
>>63873359
>Overthinking Star Wars is never a good idea.
That's only because of the prequels. There was an entire generation of nerds that grew up over thinking the original trilogy. It was part of the fun, because it did worldbuilding well.

The prequels are the plane scene spread out over three movies. Even trying to apply some sort of causal logic to any of it leads you into an abyss of madness.
>>
>>63878571
>I think he said something about getting thrown free of the crash and then when he came to Finn and the fighter were both gone.

that doesnt explain why he suddenly left Jakku ((or how he got off)) without first trying to find BB8

Did he forget about BB8?
>>
>>63868519
>it is completely unlike Luke
nigga u salty george or sumthin
>>
>>63878434
>It copied ANH's plot points
mostly
>but abandoned anything resembling narrative connection between them.
incorrect
>It's being dragged through ANH's plot points entirely via contrivance and lazy plot devices.
the same is true for the original trilogy.
luke's plan to save han made no sense and relied on a bunch of luck. luke being saved in empire by his sister was luck aka the force. luke was a total mary sue in ANH

>None of it feels natural. None of it makes sense. None of it has any internal logic at all.

this isnt a book. its a film. and films are either about being meticulous and precise think pieces or fun and entertaining. this is the later.
>>
>>63868793
why would anyone care about the location of the first Jedi temple?
>>
>>63878898
muh deeper understanding of da force
>>
>>63876183
why can't we just admit that Jar Jar and the house of Rat, done fucked it up? Why is that so hard to admit?

No one gives a shit though because they mades a gazillion dollars.
>>
>>63868635
everybody ever understood chewbacca if anything can be questioned, it's the necessity of droids like c3po when everybody speaks eahc others language except when he is around so he can translate
>>
>>63878739
yes Luke was a total Mary Sue in a new hope? he single handedly stopped the death star, fought against Vader and killed the Emperor. I mean it's not like Obi Wan died so that he could guide and aide Luke or that Han fired a shot at Vader and co which saved Luke or that Obi Wan saved luke from the raiders or anything, he's a total Mary Sue, just like Rey!

You fucking idiots are really starting to piss me off. Get the fuck off of Jar Jar and the Rat's cock and take off them there beer goggles and try and see just how fucking retarded this movie was.
>>
>>63868519
most if not all of your question will be answered when the trilogy is done
>>
>>63879030
Phew, I'm really glad they will take the time to address the issue of Poe's jacket in episode IX and that Chewbacca will ask Leia why she didn't hug him back then
>>
>>63869196

plus toilet duty is scary, they thought he'd be badass.
>>
>>And if he wanted to be found if he is needed, why not just tell only Leia where he is for example?

Because it's Leia's son who caused that thing. Same reason Han might be a bad choice. Now who is left, except R2D2?

>>Why did Finn know Han as a "war hero" if he was abducted by the First Order as a very young child, so young even he didn't even have a name?

This is solely about the choice of the word "war hero", since it is not unreasonable at all to assume their books do mention Solo. Now considering Finn changed his opinion about the FO rather drastically, he might as well consider him a good guy at that point.

>>How did Maz get a hold of Luke and Anakin's old lightsaber? How did anyone ever get a hold of it considering it fell down into the gas core of Bespin?

Literally mentioned and questioned in the movie itself, she says it's "a story for another time" or something like that. In other words, this will be addressed in the sequels.

>>Why wouldn't Leia hug and comfort Chewie after they come back from Starkiller base?

Kind of agree, but I suppose she was trying to act professionally in that situation and think of the future first.

>>How did Finn find Poe's jacket right inside the wreckage

Maybe it got stuck or whatever. This is pretty fucking minor in either case, though.
>>
>>63879074
>Now who is left
Admiral Ackbar
>>
>>63879030
you're a fucking idiot anon. please, get up off of jar jar and the rat's cock and see the reality of where you are, knee deep in an lake of shit
>>
>>63879065
*...if not all of your relevant questions
>>
Based Nolan would've explained everything for the braindead audience.
>>
>>63879123

Anyone who wouldn't have force powers would potentially be a horrible choice. Han might be an exception because it's fucking Han Solo. R2D2 who is on standby and would be normally considered a useless piece of junk except by Luke's closest allies? Seems like a clever choice.
>>
>>63876812
I fail to see what this has t do with marvel. the only marvel movie I watched was the avengers, does any of that stuff happen in marvel movies?
>>
File: han solo.jpg (124 KB, 612x380) Image search: [Google]
han solo.jpg
124 KB, 612x380
>>63876152
>Yes because one Jedi would have been able to do something about it
When has one jedi ever made a difference?
>>
File: fuck this im out of here.gif (2 MB, 277x342) Image search: [Google]
fuck this im out of here.gif
2 MB, 277x342
>>63879071
>tfw when dianoga live in your sewer system
>>
THE FORCE WILLED IT. Why nitpick about inconsequential shit? If it didn't work out as thye hoped, the story would have been over. You've to be a turbo autist to hate such thing. A real criticism of the movie would point out how they throw references to the original trilogy all over the place, taking way too much time and thereby draining it of any kind of tension it had.
Another criticism could be that it is a 1:1 reshoot of SW : A new hope.
>>
>>63878739

Luke's plan to save Han went to shit almost immediately as Leia got captured, Jabba resisted his mind trick, and he got thrown in the rancor pit. It's a good thing he gave R2 his lightsaber so that R2 could get it to him when needed, or he would have had no way to salvage the plan. Saving Han revolved around Luke actually improvising on the spot in order to deal with unforeseen complications.

Rey is totally incapable of failure except for the one time JJ needed to find a way to get her to Starkiller Base, after which she again became incapable of failure. She's the single biggest Mary Sue I've ever seen a movie, and the universe is constantly throwing all of its rules straight out the window for the sake of groveling at her feet.

While Rey gains abilities and power at an astonishing rate, Kylo Ren is constantly LOSING abilities: at the start he can hold blaster bolts in the air but then never does it again even when it would be useful, at the middle he can freeze people in place and put them to sleep but then never does it again even when it would be useful, and by the end he's punching his own wound to psych himself up against Finn and can beat Finn quite handily but never even tries to whack himself like a retard while he's fighting Rey, despite having the opportunity multiple times and clearly NEEDING any supposed advantage it might offer.

Nothing about the characters in this movie is consistent or makes any sense as anything other than forced plot devices.
>>
Seriously, hate off to the scriptwriters. They wrote the movie everyone wanted to see : SW 4.
>>
>>63879810
Hat off*
>>
>>63879701
this movie was pure and complete shit! utter and complete shit. J.J and Disney wanted a Disney Princess who the feminist would jump behind and encourage all little girls to embrace star wars and that's just sad. Luke was never about empowerment and was always a hero trying to find his place in the world, akin to all of us who are trying desperately to find our places in the world. A New Hope was a farm boy learning how to become a hero. Not this movie though, this was pure shit and I hate J.J. and Disney for what they've done. At least the Prequels told a story. Poorly done, yes, but it told a story even if the road there was met with shitty methods.

this movie was an obvious cash crab and to sell tiaras to little girls who'll never learn that they have to fight for purposefulness.
>>
File: 1434546908926.png (22 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1434546908926.png
22 KB, 499x499
>>
>>63868784

Dont take him, you will only make him sad
>>
>>63868784
My mom's husband took me to see it last night. But he was crying before we went in so IDK.
>>
So can ANYONE use a lightsaber or do you have to have the force to use one? Didn't Han use one in Empire?
>>
>>63881416
everyone can use it. you just hold it.

using it well is a whole different story
>>
>>63880952
>>63881536
If you'd remember, Han used it to slice open a dead Moose Kangaroo thing.

Finn tried to use it and got beat to shit. Rey however used it as if she was some seasoned Jedi Princess from way back when. But seeing as how we all know Rey is Disney's Mary Sue so young girls could hop up on the Rat's merchandising big cock I have no other choice other than to say I digress and move on with my life for Star Wars is forever dead to me.
>>
>>63882464
Taun-Taun you filthy casual
>>
>>63879810
So ep 5 next?
>>
>>63884842
Since Rey is with the old jedi master. Yep, probably.
>>
>>63868519

>share a moment

Redundant.
Viewers won't get it.
Thread replies: 140
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.