[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I feel that, considering who he was, how much time he'd
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 2
File: finn-lightsaber.jpg (41 KB, 600x316) Image search: [Google]
finn-lightsaber.jpg
41 KB, 600x316
I feel that, considering who he was, how much time he'd spent with a lightsaber, his complete lack of training and that he was going up against a guy who had much more experience than him (including training from Luke and Snoke) Finn didn't actually do that bad a job in lightsaber combat.

When you look back at Lukes first battle with Vader it's impressive. Luke had also trained with Yoda at that point.

Is it too far fetched to believe that Finn could use a lightsaber in the future? Could he be a potential future Jedi Padawan along with Rey? It would certainly mix things up a little if we had two of them both learning the ways of the force.
>>
Kylo was quite badly injured and he wasn't that powerful to begin with in comparison to Vader.
>>
>>63868030
still not a good enough reason to badly lose against two characters that never had lb training.

The problem is i think they overpushed the evil badass at the beginning (blastershot midair) and then backed down too much.

Not saying he should have won, just saying the transition between starting villain and final "hey i'm not that stronk" villain was patched up poorly
>>
>>63868030
Still no argument why a random bloke was able to battle him, while he should've cut off his own head with the first swing
>>
>>63867489

You're fucking dense. The 1st order troops clearly had melee combat experience, TR-8R is all the proof you need.

As for standing a chance, kylo ren was shot by a fucking bowcaster, obviously something like this is going to inhibit his full potential
>>
>>63867489
If Ren ever goes up against Luke and does 'ok', i'm just going to laugh because a random nigger with no force in him at all managed to hit him.
Also Rey, who never touched a saber in her life is suddenly proficient with it? Fuck this bullshit writing, they just killed any dread Ren had
>>
>>63867489

1st order stormtroopers obviously have some sort of melee combat training, TR-8R and finns fight clearly shows that.
>>
>>63868150
Stop using this fucking excuse It MAY be an excuse why Rey beat him, but not this dude Luke had training from Obi wan and yoda and was still absolutely destroyed the first time he met Vader I'm not comparing Vader to Ren, but this nigger (and also Rey) isn't even close to Luke
>>
>>63868092
TR-8R would like a word with you. It's obvious that 1st order stormtroopers have had some sort of melee combat training
>>
>>63868030
this is the equivalent of Little kid Anakin jumping into the duel of the fates fight and beating Darth Maul.
>>
If this was actually an argument, you could give EVERY random stormtrooper a lightsaber and they would be rek anyone they come across except for Sith/Jedi? Plz, lightsabers do not work like this. First swing = head removed
>>
>>63868164
>Also Rey, who never touched a saber in her life is suddenly proficient with it?

I think they might wanna push the memories wiped cheap plot here

And anyhow, Ren, i believe, was designed to have little progression. Which is very bad. She basically can do everything, a sort of pushed-child prodigy because "we say so"
>>
>>63868197
Every other time we saw someone get hit by a bowcaster, they fucking died. It's a miracle he was up and walking, let alone winning a duel, I'd say that's a good enough reason.
>>
>>63868212
That's great! But not with a lightsaber
>>
>>63868197
what exactly is the issue with comparing Vader to Ren?

Why is it unfair to compare him to effective good villains?
Doesn't that argument just mean that he really is shit?
>>
>>63868267
Except it isn't, see here: >>63868237
Stop using this bullshit 'he was hurt' excuse. He could've just force choked the shit out of Finn or used the force to impale him or whatever. It was just bullshit writing.
>>
>>63867489
Finn will become a Jedi and the main hero in episode IX after Rey gets turned to the dark side at the end of episode VIII and has to be saved by him.
Also Kylo Ren will be defeated by Rey in front of Snoke and cast aside in favour of Rey as Snoke's new apprentice, then start a redemption arc throughout IX that ends with him sacrificing himself.
Screencap this.
>>
>>63868267
oh wow how fun, I love watching battles where the villain is already really weakened and unable to put up a decent fight against our heroes, that really leaves me on the edge of my seat wondering if the good guys are gonna survive this encounter
>>
>>63868297
Vader just has much more experience, while Ren was still in training. No excuse though why he was beaten by 2 plebs who never touched a saber in their life with no other explanation then 'we need it for the story' or 'muh tapping in the force'
>>
>>63868267
Also consider how fully trained Jedi went down like sacks of shit to a single blaster shot during order 66.

Chewbacca's bowcaster is like being hit directly by a mortar and still fighting on, whereas fully fledged jedi went down to one 9mm.
>>
>>63868322
Finn's fucking dead m8
>>
>>63867489
I think there was a scene where Finn 'felt' the screams of many dying people when the planets were getting obliterated.
I think that's a hint for him discovering force
Maybe the force will resurrect him
>>
>>63868322
Nah, they'll never go this way because the woman can't be evil!!! only white men can be evil!
>>
>>63867489
>his complete lack of training
I'm assuming he got combat training as a Stormtrooper, that's why he didn't utterly suck.
>>
>>63868328
>When I left you, I was just a learner, now I am the master

Vader was still in training when he became evil too.
>>
>>63868356
forgot to say 'screencap this'
>>
>>63868352
Learns to use the force in order to heal himself/walk again. Possible that his brush with death "brought him closer to the force" or some such contrivance.
>>
>>63867489
Han used Lukes in V without hurting himself
>>
>>63868373
Yeah but he was already a knight, and had defeated dooku. And after that he had 30 years more experience
>>
>>63868358
>thinking that white women won't be shown that the only way to redeem themselves from their evil whiteness is through the BBC
>>
>>63868356
I thought that scene at the start where he wouldn't kill was him "waking to the force" and was able to break whatever hold they have on them.

Wait so only the girl is meant to be a force user, the impression i got was that it was both, the girl being lukes daughter or something and finn a random who got lucky
>>
>>63868420
No he didn't
>>
File: bscap0000.jpg (191 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
bscap0000.jpg
191 KB, 1920x1080
>>63867489
>Is it too far fetched to believe that Finn could use a lightsaber in the future?

It's Star Wars and it's JJ, literally anything can happen.
>>
would have been interesting to see him just get killed in 1 second against Kylo but you knew it wasn't gonna happen because he's black.

Because of PCness you can also exclude Finn or Rey form becoming the bad guy because one is black and one is a woman.
>>
>>63868466
Yes he did, at the start.
>>
>>63868459
Yeah, I had the same thought.
Him breaking his programming and then doing that kenobi-esque 'I feel the people dying' look, are big hints
>>
>>63868328
>Rey's past is completely unknown except for getting left on Jakku
>Gets mad visions when she touches the lightsaber
>She's good at everything including fighting
You really think Rey being a random pleb is the most likely case?
>>
He's black so he's obviously stronger than that whiny ass white boy Kylo.
>>
>>63868328
Ren is clearly dominated by his emotions. When he's feeling himself, his mitochondrians are off the chart and he can do all kinds of crazy shit, being grandson of Vader.

When he's feeling off, though, he goes back to being some scrawny jedi reject with no self-confidence and daddy/grandaddy issues.

He clearly can't control his feelings.
>>
Kylo definitely should have won the fight between both of them effortlessly to show how powerful he is then have the 2 get away before he can kill them
>>
>>63868092
>two characters that never had lb training.
>Luke's daughter
>never had training
>>
>>63868910
Ren isn't like OT Darth Vader, that's the whole point. He's just a kid trying to be tough. Kylo is more like Anakin in episode two.

I doubt JJ trying to make Ren the big villain of this trilogy.
>>
>>63868482
JJ only did the first
Second one will be the dude from Looper
Third one Colin treverrow
>>
>>63868878
>his mitochondrians
ow god please shut up
>>
>>63868910
Ren didn't even complete his training. He was an overly cnfident literal Vader wannabe. He is strong, yes, but cocky. Not to mentio that he was heavily injured from Chewy's blaster and then was further injured by Finn.
>>
>>63869104
what a great movie, I love when the only obstacle standing before our heroes is a kid trying to be tough

I love Anakin in episode 2, it's so great they brought that element of the story back for the new movie.
>>
>>63868466
Han used Luke's lightsaber to cut Luke down from the ice creature's cave ceiling, then opened up the dead TonTon carcass with it.
>>
>>63869505
Considering how much JJ likes red herrings and twists I'd say anything is possible down the line. I don't even think Ren is supposed to be the main villain of the trilogy. It's more plausible IMO that Snoke is gonna send him to on some suicide mission or just discard him outright in favor of the real bad guy.
>>
>>63867489
He probably will become a Padawan or something, more merchandise opportunities when two protagonists use lightsabers
>>
>>63867489
I love how Mike and James in their review were put off by him being able to use it. At the end of the day, it's just s laser sword. Anyone with basic combat training can swing a sword. Just because he's not a Force user doesn't mean it's taboo or something.

He still got his shit pushed in by an injured Kylo anyway.
>>
>>63870102
Stop it... JJ doesn't write it and the next two movies will have different directors
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.