[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Rey, did I ever tell you about how I abandoned my five year
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 2
File: A7LOeu6.jpg (34 KB, 960x476) Image search: [Google]
A7LOeu6.jpg
34 KB, 960x476
>Rey, did I ever tell you about how I abandoned my five year old daughter to live in absolute squalor on an inhospitable desert planet named Jakku? I left her in the care of a brutish alien scrap-dealer who essentially used her as slave labor for the next decade and a half, sending her to scavenge parts from dangerous remote locations, feeding her barely enough to survive and housing her in an overturned rusted out AT-AT. That same scrap dealer actually had the Millennium Falcon sitting in his scrap yard, yeah the same ship I trained with Obi Wan on and had all my adventures on. Oh, I also never bothered to send word to Rey that her mother had been killed when my Jedi academy was destroyed, so she remained on Jakku for fifteen years waiting for her every day, too frightened to leave in case she missed her beloved mothers return. While this was going on I wandered around in hiding while my friends, increasingly concerned over my disappearance and searching everywhere for me, fought a losing battle against a resurgent empire in which they desperately needed my help, me being one of the most powerful force users alive. In fact by just staying in hiding and letting the empire slowly regain its strength and build a new death star eight times bigger than the last one I guess I really made everything my friends and I fought and sacrificed for kind of meaningless. I put a map leading to where I was on R2, and put him in sleep mode, but then I removed the part of the map that showed my location. That part of the map I put on a USB drive and sent it to a friend who also lived on Jakku and told him to give it to the resistance. I was very careful not to tell him that my daughter, that I abandoned, was living a twenty minute drive away from him just two towns over so that he could give her some money or food or even just provide some companionship which might have alleviated the crushing loneliness which was her permanent state. He was a good friend.
>>
>>63866260
It really drives home how pants-on-head retarded it would be if she is Skywalker's daughter, yet Kathleen Kennedy has stated that the sequels are also the continuation of the Skywalker story so she has to be. They unnecessarily painted themselves into a shitty corner.

The only way this can make sense is if it's Kylo himself who left her on Jakku instead of killing her, since they are cousins.
>>
>>63866260

Rey is not Luke's daughter.
>>
Rey is Sheev's daughter, that would perfectly explain why she can do anything
>>
>>63866350
>The only way this can make sense is if it's Kylo himself who left her on Jakku instead of killing her

Yeah I thought about this, but there are a few problems with it. It means Kylo would have had to have spared her when him and the Knights of Ren killed everyone at the Skywalker Acadamy and then kidnapped her and taken her to Jakku. First off when Luke got back and found his wife dead and his 5 year old daughter missing he would have gone and found her. He would have known she was still alive. He would have used the force and he would have sensed where she was. Then he would have gone and rescued her.

Also, when Kylo meets Rey he doesn't recognize her, unless he is pretending. And when he talks to Snoke he also pretends he doesn't know her and just says that she's strong in the force but untrained.

Really it doesn't add up. She has to be Luke's daughter and Luke's wife left her there and then died at the academy. If this was a differnt story you could just write in that Luke thought she died at the acadamy and had no idea she was still alive, but the force makes that impossible, he's one of the strongest Jedi in history. He would have known she was still alive. He would have known where she was. It doesn't even make any fucking sense to hide her there when he could have just sent her to Leia, or to leave her without an Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru. He left her with an asshole scrap dealer who didnt't give a fuck about her and used her as a slave on an frontier planet full of criminals, potential rapists and scum.

Dunno how they are going to write this away, but it better be good.
>>
>>63866605
Except for her age.
>>
>>63866350
>rey is actually Kylo's daughter
>the reason he killed the new jedi academy was because he was a butthurt teenager that was mad at luke for not letting him fugg some chick

it all makes sense now
>>
Also, the timeline between her and Kylo doesn't make any sense at all and I don't see how it can be resolved.

Ben Solo joins the Skywalker Academy, trains with Luke, eventually becomes evil and then wipes out everyone at the Academy. This is when Luke disappears and Rey's mom leaves her on Jakku and flies off in that ship, after which she presumably dies in the massacre at the academy which is why she never returns to get Rey, and why Rey sees the massacre in her force vision.

The problem is when this happens Rey is 5 years old. Kylo at the time he kills everyone at the academy has to be at least 20 years old, I mean look at the pic, he's no kid. Fifteen years go by, now Rey is about 20 years old, this is when The Force Awakens takes place, but by this math Kylo Ren has to be around 35 years old and probably pushing 40. Yet when they meet they are around the same age. This doesn't make sense and I don't see how it can be explained.
>>
Rey = Revan

Mindwipe

Screencap this, see you in 2017
>>
>>63866721

This actually would explain a lot... but the ages really don't like up. He wipes out the academy when she's five, which means he would have had to impregnate her mother six years earlier. Which means he would have had to have been at least 15 or 16. Wipes out the academy five years later when he's 21. Leaves her on Jakku for the next fifteen years. Now shes's 20, he should be 36, but the problem is he don't look 36. They look around the same age.

Other than that it's a great theory because it explains a lot. Ben Solo falls in love with a girl at the academy. They hide their forbidden love because they are both jedi and it's not allowed, the same way Annakin and Padme hid theirs. This deception starts them on the path to the dark side. They fall and become sith and found the Knights of Ren and wipe out the academy. Skywalker shows up and in a rage kills most of the Knights of Ren, including Rey's mother. Kylo escapes with Rey and leaves her on Jakku because he doesn't want to be reminded of what happened but can't bring himself to kill her. Luke is so remorseful over killing his former students that he goes into exile and cuts all contact with everyone. If this was true it would be his grandniece showing up at the island and Rey would eventually get a "No... I am your father" moment with Kylo.

It's good but he just looks too young for the timeline, that's the big problem.
>>
>>63866350
it's what happens if you literally don't care about worldbuilding.

all the characters wind up feeling like props to rest a story on and everyone's actions and emotions become meaningless.
>>
>>63866658

>Luke is one of the strongest Jedi in history
>enough to be able to find people anywhere in the galaxy like he was Professor X
Do we actually have any reason to believe this except for the EU which is explicitly stated as non-canon for this film? Luke's an inspirational hero who has imperfectly trained force skills, his main achievements are firing an accurate torpedo shot using the force, defeating Vader who didn't want to kill him, and reminding Vader what it looks like to be a good person. I'm really not convinced there is such a thing as 'godlike force powers' in this new movie. Even Snoke's powers can barely hold the First Order, who are largely consenting to being a part of the hierarchy anyways, together.
>>
>>63866662
>implying Sheev didn't immaculately conceived her from the Dark Side of the Force's afterlife

screencap this, it will 100% happen
>>
>>63867212
it would work as a backstory but there is no evidence Disney/JJ even thought about the story in those terms.

for all we know JJ is mostly responsible for all the details of the film and he doesn't actually care about explanations.
>>
>>63867244

I can agree with some of that, but the problem is it's really hard to sell the idea that Luke wouldn't be able to tell his daughter was still alive. I guess I can buy that he maybe wouldn't have had the power to locate her, since Vader couldn't sense Luke until he was a few thousand miles away from the star destroyer he was on, but he would have known she wasn't dead through the force, and if he knew she wasn't dead he never would have stopped looking until he found her.
>>
>>63866260
Rey isn't related to anyone
>>
>>63866350
It's not Luke who left her there.

Remember the line from the Scraggy who tells her the ones she waits for will never return, but someone else might (which is Luke)
>>
>>63867244

At the very least Luke would know she is alive. Leia clearly felt when Han was killed by Kylo in the movie, and she in untrained.
>>
>>63867351
>it would work as a backstory but there is no evidence Disney/JJ even thought about the story in those terms

But their has to be a backstory for Rey and it has to be explained. Like it will have to be explained in the next two films and probably a lot will have to be revealed in the next one.
>>
>>63867432
It seems Jedi only sense when someone who's important to them dies or is nearby. (Or if a whole lot of people die like in Obi-wan's case when Alderaan was destroyed)
>>
>>63866260
10/10 post

As much as I enjoyed the movie, this pisses me off
>>
>>63866588
>>63867384
>"That lightsaber belonged to Luke, and his father before him. And now it calls to you..."
>Completely OP force development that could not have come from any bloodline except for Skywalker
>The look they give each other at the end
>>
File: 1450443007333.jpg (6 KB, 117x116) Image search: [Google]
1450443007333.jpg
6 KB, 117x116
>Listen, I know that there is only one single jedi left in the entire galaxy, namely Luke Skywalker who went missing and is hiding
>But I fucking want one of you troopers in each squadron to carry an unwieldy anti-lightsaber jedi killer baton with you, got it?
>>
>>63867403

It was her mom that left her there. But her dad was a Skywalker.

People already have forgotten about the voiceover in the original trailer
>The Force is strong in my family.
>My father had it.
>I have it.
>My sister has it.
>You have that power, too

She's a blood relation, it only remains to be seen if she is his literal daughter or not.
>>
Why didn't Luke just wreck the entire first order himself?

He must be about 500 times as powerful as Kylo Ren
>>
>>63867635
So it's not like they thought they might need non-lethal riot control when dealing with civilians or anyone they might want to capture alive
>>
>>63867692
because Buddhist 'ching chong harmony with nature kwang lao no interfere with material matters ding dong' bullshittery
>>
>>63867637
Unless he's talking to Kylo?
>>
>>63867637
There's not many other possibilities unless there were other Skywalkers not mentioned in the original movies but that would be beyond retarded
>>
>>63867798

Well there are only two other possibilities; Leia and Kylo.
>>
>>63867692
He's afraid of falling himself.
Imagine how monumentally pissed, depressed and disappointed he would have been at the time.
>>
>>63867787

He literally says "You have that power too" as the lightsaber is being handed to Rey by the yellow gnome, in the teaser trailer she actually takes it instead of freaking out.
>>
>>63867692
yeah let's just kills thousands and thousands of people and your own nephew because politics surely are serious business to an Enlightened Jedi Master
>>
>>63868093
alright let's just let the first order blow up multiple planets with billions of people and kill my sister and friends instead
>>
>>63866260
During the opening crawl they said the old dude with the map was an old friend. Does anyone know who he was? Some random side character from the OT?
>>
>>63868093

well the alternative is the first order doing whatever it wants which apparently involves sucking suns and blowing apart planets

and that's without Snoke even getting serious
>>
>>63868153
>Does anyone know who he was?

Lor San Tekka.
>>
>>63867403
the same luke that's going to stay where he is and do jack shit.
>>
>>63867511
>But their has to be a backstory for Rey and it has to be explained

just because there's a backstory doesn't mean it will be logical, coherent or imply the same characterization that Rey actually has.
>>
>>63868283

Well yeah, of course it doesn't have to be good, or make sense, but if it isn't A LOT of people are going to be really, really mad.*

*see the end of LOST
>>
>>63868224
So he wasn't an old friend. He was just some dude they made up.
>>
Luke is celibate. Leia has even less training than he does, so she's not well attuned to the Force.

Rey is han and leias daughter, who they think is dead and don't give a shit about because they're more interested in salvaging their still living son.

Luke knows and is responsible for hiding her. We'll find out why he's been such a cunt in the next film.
>>
>>63868365

There is a 30 year gap. It's enough time for Luke to make some new, and eventually old, friends.
>>
>>63867635

They were specifically looking for Luke, retard. There's legit stuff to complain about in the movie but not that
>>
>>63868414

In order for that to be true they would have had to have had her at least ten or fifteen years after Ben, so they would have been pushing 50. It's possible but really unlikely. And then of course how to explain why they think shes dead, why they never mention her, who stole her and put her on Jakku, why they never came back for her, why she remembers her mother, etc.
>>
>>63868499
They deployed on that planet looking for a map for Luke. They had no reason to believe that he was within a million parsecs of their location, and he wasn't.
>>
I think we can all agree that this movie was well executed, but the plot was mostly just fanservice and a rehash of plot elements from A New Hope. There was very little originality. The entire film seemed like a setup for the next movie...which better be fucking mindblowing or else this one will seem pointless.
>>
>>63868526

They are going after Luke, it seems reasonable that they will be trained and equipped to fight a dude with a lightsaber, it's exactly what their entire mission is.
>>
>>63868556
I see, you're just acting retarded.
>>
>>63868556
There better be a damned good reason that the map to Luke even existed. The next movie has alot of cleanup work to do.
>>
>>63866260
i think you'll find star wars is just a big sequence of events caused by terrible parenting
>>
Can't you nerds enjoy a film without overthinking everything
>>
theres no way Rey isn't Luke's daughter
>star wars revolves around the Skywalker line, particularly the jedi members of the family (after all, Padme has no mentioned relatives aside from Anakin)
>Anakin's lightsaber has survived two tumultuous generations of the family, it would be unbelievable for Rey to have that huge flashback sequence after touching the lightsaber and have the pirate queen lady thing specifically mention how its been passed down thought the skywalker line JUST for that to be completely irrelevant
>Reys flashback combines lukes lightsaber with images of luke and someone leaving her on Jakku. Theyre clearly related
>Kylo Renn is a Solo, not a Skywalker, and on top of that he isn't a main character, hence he's not the skywalker the story revolves around
>unless somehow Finn turns out to be Lukes long lost son then Rey has to be his child. theres no other possibility
>>
>>63866260
Luke basically felt responsible for the death of his wife and all the children training at the academy, everything he had built since he managed to get his own dad killed. At that point, he's not gonna give a fuck about much at all.
>>
>>63866260
He hid her there because she knew that Vader, and thus Kylo, hate sand. They'd never find her on Jakku.
>>
>>63869034
Ren has both Solo and Skywalker blood though
>>
>>63866658
She's not Skywalker's kid. She's a force baby like Anakin was.
>>
>>63868414
>Luke is celibate
Citation needed.

Don't say because the Jedi were in the prequels.
>>
>>63869198
jedi culture
Lucas wrote it out way before the prequels were filmed
>>
>>63866588

Rey literally has a fucking doll of Luke in as an x-wing pilot. What do you fucking want?
>>
>>63869034
>R2 on stand by mode
>Rey appears
>R2 wake up
>>
>>63869198
Jedi are space monks bro, it is known
>>
>>63869309

Yeah, and then the prequels were filmed and show that Anakin made many decisions outside of the jedi code. And Luke did as well.
>>
>>63869405
that was why he fell to the darkside
luke didn't since he knew the mistake
>>
>>63866260
Why assume Luke knew his daughter was alive and he was the one who left her on Jakku?
>>
>>63869454

Luke wasn't all that well trained as a Jedi either. He walked out on the training. And no where in the original trilogy is it implied that Yoda covered all the stringent rules with him, like not having a family. The entire original trilogy and Luke's actions within run against the Jedi code, since Luke's entire mission becomes saving his father, just as Anakin was trying to save Padme.
>>
I thought Jedi weren't allowed to fuck
>>
>>63866923
You put more thought into it than Abrams, man. Hell, if Abrams even cares. He cares that there's something rattling in his mystery box and it doesn't matter what it is. It's Rian Johnson's job to explain it now. Best of luck to him.
>>
>>63870048
No he didn't wtf
>J-just look at him! He has to be at least 20!
Is not a valid point at all.

/tv/ loves stroking each other's dicks so fucking much. This board is literally worse than /v/.
>>
>>63869198
Can't prove it either way.

Luke must have done research and background digging before opening his Academy. He doesn't have enough knowledge in the OT to train children all the way up to adulthood.
>>
>>63866658
>Knights of Ren killed everyone at the Skywalker Acadamy

How long ago did this happen?
It can't me more than 5 years before the movie. The timeline sure is wonky. Kylo first has to be seduced by Snoke than become a master of the Kinghts of Ren which implies he trained them at least, then come back to kill everyone.
>>
>>63866260

Looks like Luke learned a few things from his good friend Obi-Wan
>>
>>63866923
>The problem is when this happens Rey is 5 years old.

Is she? I mean, it could be that her getting dumped on Jakku might have nothing to do with Kylo going evil. than again with all the coincidences this movie is littered with it probably is. the Jedi academy was probably on planet you can see from Jakku if you squint.
>>
>>63869956
They aren't. Luke is a virgin.
>>
>>63867302
She's Snoke's plant on Jakku as part of the plan to find and kill Luke. It amkes no sense and depends on a ridiculous number of coincidences, but that's how Abrams plots his shit.
>>
>>63867567
>"That lightsaber belonged to Luke, and his father before him. And now it calls to you..."

Making the lightsaber some kind of magical Excalibur bullshit. If it was that important Luke would've gone back to Cloud City to get it himself before ROTJ. Instead he built a new one cause he's not a sentimental idiot like Kasdan.
>>
>>63868365
>he was actually in every scene of the original trilogy
>you just can't see him cause he's just outside of camera's view
>and doesn't say anything
>>
>>63867635
it's just a melee weapon
>>
>>63867635
somebody get this traitor outta here
>>
>all the experienced writers that worked on this movie
>nobody at any time paused and said hold on guys i think we're making the main character a little bit too powerful

do they just not care?
>>
>>63870556
I think (hope) the plan is to lay all the groundwork in this installment, so that the other two films can move in a more interesting direction.

They'll fix the inconsistencies in later films, the important think is we're now acquainted with the new situation and characters.
>>
>>63870556
JJA movies and shows have weird logic.

Remember in the ST reboot when Kirk lands on that planet, accidentally finds the cave Old Spock is hiding in, them finds out Scotty is on the planet too, and Old Spock has Old Scotty's transwarp equations on him just in case?
>>
>>63867692

I honestly don't think they are gonna portray Luke as being a god-like force user. I'm thinking he's mostly just going to be a mentor sorta like Obi-Wan was in ANH. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see Luke do some crazy force shit, like crushing a star destroyer, but I don't think that's going to happen.
>>
>>63867567
How the fuck does that even make sense? Luke lost his lightsaber in Lando's planet and built a new one.
>>63870310
This guy has the right idea
>>
>>63871338
The saber's like the One Ring, it's been imprinted with so much force it always resurfaces somehow
>>
>>63866923

Kylo Ren is supposed to be 29-30 years old. This movie takes place 30 years after Return of the Jedi, and Ren was supposed to be born basically right after the battle of Endor. Rey is supposed to be 19 years old. If she was 5 when the academy attack happened, Ren would have been 15-16 years old.
Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.