[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Name a better series to watch with your dad. Protip: you cant
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: Band-Of-Brothers-HD-Wallpapers.jpg (627 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
Band-Of-Brothers-HD-Wallpapers.jpg
627 KB, 1280x800
Name a better series to watch with your dad. Protip: you cant
>>
File: CivviesJustDontKnow.jpg (87 KB, 768x561) Image search: [Google]
CivviesJustDontKnow.jpg
87 KB, 768x561
>>63866152
>>
>>63866229
pacific is either intensely melodramatic or bleak as fuck, and I still don't know who the fuck is who during a battle scene
>>
>>63867344

yes war movies should be 'feel good' ...
>>
>>63866152
I salute you OP

tbqh when I think of Fargo I think only my mother would like it
>>
I can't because mine never came back after buying cigarettes
>>
Brokeback Mountain
>>
>>63867368
you're an idiot, that's not what I meant

this series has so many moments where sappy music is playing where it just should let the scene play out without the music spelling out what emotion you should feel. Sometimes it felt like the equivalent of a laugh track, only at the opposite end - 'and now feel saaad'
>>
>>63866152

Hateful 8, brah
>>
>>63866152
Make sure your dad doesn't read into it too much that you want to watch it with him.

The main moral of the story in each episode is that army leaders who are never around or care for the men are bad leaders (who knew?). Only leaders who were once without leaders can possibly hope to make good leaders of the men and only because they cut their teeth together.

I don't think there is much content there for real men unless you like costumes, excessive comradery and army scenery. Watch a movie like "Play Dirty" instead.
>>
A CAN OF PEACHES?
>>
>>63866152
Sense8
>>
File: generationkill.jpg (61 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
generationkill.jpg
61 KB, 1280x720
>>63866152
ap pls
>>
>>63868130

now I wish I had a webm of the shitting and puking scene
>>
fuck I binge watched it last sunday, and I could watch it again already
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.