[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw there are smelly kikes on THIS VERY BOARD who say TFA
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: ENOUGH.png (273 KB, 600x583) Image search: [Google]
ENOUGH.png
273 KB, 600x583
>tfw there are smelly kikes on THIS VERY BOARD who say TFA is better than ROTJ
>>
>>63865856
It's not even a debate.
V > IV ≥ VII > VI > III > I > II
>>
There's a 10 minutes clip of the final ROTJ confrontation on youtube that will give you a better viewing experience than the actual film
>>
>>63865879
Don't be stupid

TFA doesn't compare to any of the OT. It's certainly better then any of the prequels of course but ROTJ is way more memorable and enjoyable to watch.
>>
>>63865932
ROTJ had the advantage of building on an arc that spanned too great movies, so obviously the conclusion was powerful, but the movie as a whole is very uneven to put it charitably
>>
>>63866000
True but TFA as a standalone movie doesn't really work the best either. It leaves a lot of sloppy questions and a poor ending.
>>
>>63865856
Peaked Higher, Averaged lower, any other opinion is wrong, but it's matter of debate which of those two things is better.
>>
Sure the Ewoks sucked, and Han and Lando felt like they were softened too much, but nothing tops the Death Star II scenes in ROTJ. Some of the best stuff in the entire saga.
>>
>>63866000
consistency is not the same as quality.

tasteless gruel is not supposed to be acceptable as a recipe for a Star Wars film.
>>
It's true, ROTJ is dragged down by all the Ewok scenes and has some prequel tier cinematography and directing in several conversations

Whereas TFA is just amazing from start to finish with only a couple of minor things to nitpick

TFA will never be better than ANH or ESB because it lacks originality that those two films had, but I'd rate it higher than ROTJ for the above reasons - you can clearly see Lucas had more creative control over ROTJ that the former two
>>
File: anger.jpg (279 KB, 900x695) Image search: [Google]
anger.jpg
279 KB, 900x695
>>63866111
I would rather have Ewoks in a movie then boring protagonists

Honestly if you fiddled with TFA script and perhaps got some different actors I think it had to potential to beat ROTJ
>>
File: 1353343366746.jpg (200 KB, 800x814) Image search: [Google]
1353343366746.jpg
200 KB, 800x814
>>63865856
That was me, I did it just to upset you.
>>
>>63866186
>Whereas TFA is just amazing from start to finish

EHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.