[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>TFA confirmed FLOP in China and other asian countries h
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (77 KB, 640x652) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77 KB, 640x652
>TFA confirmed FLOP in China and other asian countries

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-star-wars-is-848425
>>
>Mfw all the hardcore Avatarfags on /tv/ are soulless chinks
>>
>Amerikeks in charge of making movies
>>
Never thought i would say it but thank god for the chinks.
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (414 KB, 3000x2122) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
414 KB, 3000x2122
>>63865432
asians hate nigs, and the second biggest character in this film is black so...
>>
>>63865432
>"It will definitely be successful; the only thing we're waiting to see is just how successful. I'm quite confident it will break $310 million (2 billion Chinese yuan). Our young people love science fiction right now and I'm sure it will have an exciting, optimistic story. It will influence a new generation in China and create great potential for the future Star Wars films.

>HURR DURR CONFIRMED FLOP
Did you even read the article?
>>
I thought I read earlier it comes out in china January 9?
>>
We really need to warn Chinese not to support this movie. they can just pirate the OT instead.
>>
>>63865520
>I'm sure it will have an exciting, optimistic story

oh dear
>>
File: 6672346986278.png (299 KB, 349x458) Image search: [Google]
6672346986278.png
299 KB, 349x458
>>63865432
Based chinks got taste afterall
>>
What? But they took the black guy off the posters and everything!
>>
>>63865432
>theaters estimating at least $300 million
>flop
Keep in mind that Avatar only made around $200 million in China
>>
>>63865545
we are leeeeeejun xd
>>
>>63865520
Of course he didn't read the article.
If he had, he'd know that it doesn't even come out until the end of January in China.
>>
>The people who come to our cinemas like U.S. TV shows like Big Bang Theory, which has increased their awareness of Star Wars."

This explains the quippiness of the new characters. They're regular chatty Kathys.
>>
Not just China.
In France, it made the average start usually expected from mindless US blockbusters.
It didn't even took the first place on opening day.
>>
>>63865520
>>63865541
>>63865577
>>63865579
hey shills
>>
File: a.jpg (22 KB, 300x279) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
22 KB, 300x279
Daily reminder that our based mememaster critic destroyed this 'flick'

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/428730/star-wars-demystified?target=author&tid=1152026

>TV-show runner J. J. Abrams brings his game-changing banality to the Star Wars franchise. He follows the template as originated by Lucas and appeals to adolescent thralldom, keeping the brand recognizable. The Force Awakens is paced better than Star Wars’ other dismal episodes, yet it’s even more impersonal. There’s no visual or spiritual excitement, as there was even in a cynical sci-fi product like Ridley Scott’s Prometheus. Abrams is making product to salute the cultural and economic status quo. With Star Wars, product has not only taken the place of art; it has replaced myth.
>>
>>63865602
Hey bait.
>>
File: image.jpg (63 KB, 632x359) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63 KB, 632x359
>>63865563
Asians don't react well to stories about patricide either.
>>
>>63865588
>In France, it made the average start usually expected from mindless US blockbusters.
That's a lie. It was one of the biggest opening ever in France. Not the biggest, but one of the biggest.
It also hasn't even opened in China yet, and is expected to be a hit. Read the actual article. OP is a retard.
>>
>Most countries have their own cinema. France is notorious for promoting and preserving their own national identity when it comes to the movies. The U.S. is maybe the only country in the world that doesn't make movies for its own audiences anymore. I think Star Wars will be a rare exception, but when I go see the big movies these days, I feel like I'm sitting in a Beijing theatre. Even Transformers and The Martian had subplots about the glory of the Chinese Central Government. Thankfully, I hear Chinese audiences laugh derisively at this propaganda. Someday, when the Chinese finally have basic human rights, I don't think they'll look too kindly on our business dealings with their oppressors.
>>
>>63865468
Chinks, gooks, spics, and all varieties of third world shitskins confirmed for plebs
>>
based chinks
>>
>>63865432
>doesnt come out till january
>"It will definitely be successful; the only thing we're waiting to see is just how successful. I'm quite confident it will break $310 million (2 billion Chinese yuan). Our young people love science fiction right now and I'm sure it will have an exciting, optimistic story. It will influence a new generation in China and create great potential for the future Star Wars films.
>flop
/tv/ contrarians are my favorite form of entertainment
>>
>tfw the movie flops in China because female and black leads
>tfw Disney shareholders panic and order Kathleen Kennedy to have white and Asian male leads in the subsequent movies
>tfw China rolls back 10 years of affirmative action in Hollywood
>tfw tumblr collectively suicides itself
>>
>>63865613

What about stories where the villain is the one who kills his father and we are meant to hate him for it?
>>
>>63865432
In Philippines here the theaters were packed.
>>
>>63865606
What did JJ Abrams showrun before?
>>
>>63865432
Korea here.
Can confirm that this is bullshit. All the gooks are flocking to theaters to see FA.
>>
>>63867215
And what do tickets cost there? like 3usd?
>>
>and other asian countries
Japs are huge Disney fanboys.
>>
>>63867264
4-5 dollars
10 for Imax 3d which was fully packed which I also paid for
The 3d wan not noticeable
>>
>>63867237
Fringe?
>>
>>63865432

China is probably buttmad because it's a US film that doesn't kiss China's ass (yes, I'm looking at you, Iron man 3).
>>
>>63867337

Nope, Abrams doesn't have showrunning credits, I don't think. He makes shit up and hands it off.
>>
>>63865492
Chinafags only like shit films. Transformers is their favorite shit in the whole goddamn world.
>>
>>63867241
Fellow Korean here
No
No one is going, Himalaya is outselling it right now
>>
>>63867337
>>63867392
he created fringe and lost; that's it. He also wrote and directed the season finale of fringe, but he was never a showrunner like lindelof or kurtzman and orci
>>
They will really boycott the movie because of Boyega?
C'mon, if Finn was an aggressive bull who fuck Rey at the end i would understand, but we now know that he's a likeable beta who got friendzoned at the end.
>>
>>63867421
Another Korean here. Why are you lying? We both know that's bullshit.
>>
loving every laugh
>>
It hasn't been released in China yet.
>>
>>63867486
http://www.thewrap.com/star-wars-the-force-awakens-loses-to-himalayas-south-korea-box-office/
>>
Malaysia here, can confirm, theater wasn't even half full on opening night
>>
>Went to 00:00 screening yesterday
Me & 4 friends literally had tthe whole theater to ourselves
SW btfo
[/spoiler]it was ok
>>
File: three-kingdoms-movie.jpg (46 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
three-kingdoms-movie.jpg
46 KB, 480x360
Who needs Star Wars when you have Romance of the Three Kingdoms, amirite?
>>
>>63867610
Whats in the movie that isnt in the thousands of video game adaptations
>>
>>63865606
even though i kinda liked the film, I must totally agree
>>
>>63867610
The 2010 series is all i need
96 episodes @ 45 mins is geat

>Dat CaoCao
>Dat Sima YI
>Dat everyone
>>
>>63867610
book was better :^)
>>
I guess people in Asia don't actually obsess with nerd culture.
>>
>>63865606
good article
>>
>>63867989
they're obsessed with the Transformers movies for some reason
"nerd culture" can mean different things depending on the country
>>
File: 1390640288973.jpg (75 KB, 488x457) Image search: [Google]
1390640288973.jpg
75 KB, 488x457
>>63865432
>china likes light skinned people and occasionally latins
>they hate black skinned people
>disney though they could force a blockbuster in china by making a black guy a big character
>china inadvertently fixed hollywood
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.