[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /tv/ I'm from a different board (not that you care)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 8973249.jpg (26 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
8973249.jpg
26 KB, 620x400
Hey /tv/

I'm from a different board (not that you care) but I haven't watched any TV shows in years. The last thing I binged on was Breaking Bad. I was kind of looking for something to kill time with, and so I was wondering if you had any recommendations for me.

Or, you know, continue shitposting about TFA.
>>
Why don't you just use bing to search up: "shows like breaking bad"?

You fucking pleb.
>>
>>63865068
>i'm from a different board
/b/ newfag detected
>>
Try game of thrones and walking dead.

You really shouldn't need any help to find big successful mainstream shows.
>>
>>63865119
Because

1) I don't want to watch more breaking bad, it's just the last thing I remember watching and enjoying

2) For some reason I trust you assholes to give better suggestions than some search engine filled with ads and fluff of the month crap articles. If I wanted that I would have asked fucking facebook.

>>63865168
Nah, my /b/ days are long behind me. The last thing I remember seeing on /b/ was puddi puddi puddi.

>>63865177
They don't have to be mainstream shows. Aren't there any hidden gems out there?
>>
>>63865252
You are looking for something to kill time with and you gave Breaking Bad as an example

you want mainstream shows believe me.
>>
>>63865252
Google isn't a bad resource. Get adblock and don't click on crap articles.
>>
>>63865177
LOL GoT is shit. TWD is ok tho.
>>
File: 1Jesse.jpg (104 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1Jesse.jpg
104 KB, 480x360
Nigger this is really simple you tell us some of the things you've seen already, what you liked, and what you hated, and then we can recommend shit.

There are fucking millions of TV shows you can binge watch to kill time with. We can't recommend shit for you without knowing any shit about what you want first. And if Breaking Bad is literally the only show you've ever watched and liked I suggest you watch The Idiots Guide to Suicide. It's only one episode but it'll kill all the time you have.

Specifics, bitch.
>>
Better Call Saul is great.
>>
>>63865431
Fair enough.

I tend to like my Scifi, though not exclusively. I'm old enough to have seen Babylon 5, Firefly, Space: Above and Beyond in their original airings. Enjoyed all of them. Battlestar Galactica (reimagined) hooked me too. If anyone remembers Dark Angel I also enjoyed that (although I suspect it's because I had a hardon for Jessica Alba at the time).

I have seen some GoT and TWD, they're decent I suppose. Vikings was interesting, although I never got to see much of it. Mr. Robot was something else I'd seen a few eps of, although it hadn't hooked me. Oh, and the BBC Sherlock was fucking great, I guess that was pretty recent.

Some stuff that had me piqued but that I haven't seen yet - Dark Matter, Halt and Catch Fire, Man in the High Castle, and Ash vs Evil Dead (having loved the original movies).

Should I keep going?
>>
>>63865593
>I tend to like my Scifi
>BBC Sherlock was fucking great

I am going to get a lot of shit for this but you should try Doctor Who.
Start with series 5 of the reboot. "The Eleventh Hour"
>>
File: 043[1].jpg (48 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
043[1].jpg
48 KB, 500x282
>>63865593
Ash vs. Evil Dead is great. Some shitty moments and some episodes poorer than others, but overall it's fucking fantastic. I'd recommend waiting for the season to end then marathon-ing it though, since half hour episodes are a bit of a bitch.

>BBC Sherlock was fucking great
Luther. You want to watch Luther. BBC, starring Idris Elba and a duck.
Also BBC, The Shadow Line. You'll enjoy them both.

>>63865676
>Trying to trick Anon into skipping Eccleston's run as best Doctor

Fuck you.

But yeah you will probably like Doctor Who as well, OP. And if you want something to kill time with, well, there's enough shit there to last you the year. Unfortunately I'm not big enough sci-fi, so can't help too much there. The Flash might be up your street; it's scifi capeshit, but it's pretty good capeshit.

If you feel like expanding into new territory, try any of the following;
Frasier - Comedy, one of the only things universally loved on /tv/
The Wire - Gritty crime drama in Baltimore. Made very realistic but still gripping as hell, once it gets going. Give it three or four episodes before deciding.
Six Feet Under - Dark comedy/family drama about a family who run a funeral home. Opening scene is their dad dying.
Black Books - British comedy at its finest and weirdest.

I'm going to also Carnivale. It's not quite sci-fi but it sort of is, in a x-files/twilight zone kinda way. It's a weird show, but it's fucking amazing, and the first season has the single greatest character arc of any TV show of all time. Heroes is worth a look too, very scifi, but that does go to shit towards the end.
>>
>>63865068
Just watch The Sopranos.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.