[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Even a vidya could make a more original yet capture the spirit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (102 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
102 KB, 600x800
Even a vidya could make a more original yet capture the spirit of Star Wars better than The Force Awakens.
>>
>posts KotOR1
>not KotOR2
>>
>>63864075
Kill yourself.
>>
>>63864101
oh, did I insult your shit taste?
>>
>>63864138
>Le KoTOR 2 was good meme
>>
Since Disney wants to make a gazillion Star Wars movies to milk the franchise, they should adapt kotor. They want $$$ right?
>>
>>63864196
>meme
>>
>>63864075

KotOR 1, as formulaic as it is, was much more original than the new movie.
>>
>>63864196
> played kotor when he was 12
> thought it was amazing
> played kotor 2 when he was 13
> didn't understand it
>>
>>63864206
Yes, it's a meme from /v/. KoTOR 2 was a half made, bug filled mess with a laughably predictable story.
>>
>>63864196
>le KotOR 1 was better meme

It's the same as TFA a fun rehash of ANH. KotOR II was a masterpiece.
>>
>>63864057
KOTOR isn't canon anymore. Let it go.
>>
>>63864240
time to grow up
>>
>>63864075
kotor1 was better than the aborted mess that was kotor2
>>
>>63864075
Kotor 1 > Kotor 2
>>
>>63864270
>>63864277
KotOR is just a rehash of the OT. KotOR II deconstructed the Jedi, the Sith and the Force, it's why a lot of fanboys are butthurt about it.
>>
>>63864335

Which would be fine if the game was remotely close to finished.
>>
>>63864360
Try the restored content mod some time.
>>
>>63864390

I have it. I love them both but I can't consider 2 better when the playerbase needed to finish the game.
>>
1 is frankly superior
>>
>>63864425
>what is Vampire the Masquerade
>>
>>63864240
> kotor 2 laughably predictable

kotor 1 not being predictable at all, I guess?
>>
>"Kotor 1 is better than Kotor 2"

It's like I'm fucking surrounded by plebs

Both are better than anything JJ can make while ripping them off
>>
Though I love KotoR II for actually examining the force concept at its core and then deconstructing it, both tarnished the Old Republic setting by removing everything different and interesting about it in favor of making it as if you were roleplaying in a universe just like the original trilogy, despite happening thousands of years before it.
I hope Disney is sensible enough to do something to differentiate from the two settings if it decides to explore the setting.
>>
Kotor 1 is only better because it's a finished game. Kotor 2 gets ruined when everything gets fucked up near the end because so much content was cut out, even though it has a more interesting plot.
>>
>>63865893
>deconstructing starwars
But thats exactly why kotor 2 was a shit star wars game
>>
File: Visasconcept.jpg (105 KB, 1024x1305) Image search: [Google]
Visasconcept.jpg
105 KB, 1024x1305
>>63866120
And that's exactly why it's a great story It also had the best antagonist and the best waifu..
>>
>>63866163
So youre just saying star wars sux and isnt 2 deep 3 me enough 4 u?
>>
>>63866227
No? I love Star Wars. That doesn't mean you can't make a good deconstruction of it.
>>
>>63866120
Yeah let's just remake the ones that we got 40 years ago instead.
>>
>>63866120
No, it's what elevated it beyond being just another fan service wankfest into something new and exiting that dared to explore unexplored ideas and concepts that turned familiar tropes on their head instead of just being more of the same like the original game was.
>>
>>63866670
It was masturbatory
Why would you try to deconstruct a fantasy universe based on the eternal struggle between dark and light forces with real world shades of grey values?
Its just autism: the video game
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.