[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>TR-8R proves that Stormtroopers get training with melee weapons.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: tr8r.jpg (143 KB, 715x391) Image search: [Google]
tr8r.jpg
143 KB, 715x391
>TR-8R proves that Stormtroopers get training with melee weapons.
>Finn had Stormtrooper training, enough that he was sent on this incredibly important mission to find the whereabouts of Luke Skywalker.

So what's wrong with Finn being able to handle himself with a lightsaber? He's a trained soldier. He stood up for about as long as he should've to an injured Kylo Ren.
>>
>>63861301
Is this the beginning of a new epic meme?
>>
>>63861333
Nice trips. It's kind of like Maruader Shields, except TR-8R had an emotional impact and character to him.
He was literally better than Phasma
>>
>>63861378
I expected Phasma to be this badass stormtrooper captain that's like "You'll have to kill me, traitor scum."

But she just does it? What the shit?
>>
>>63861301
I'm not surprised that Finn could hold his own, I mean anyone could flail one of those things around for a time before losing, it's more surprising that Kylo Ren sucked so bad. Yes he was shot etc but he should have been able to just massacre someone totally untrained with the lightsaber.

I guess maybe it illustrates the design of Ren's character is that he's much more bark than bite in this movie but now with all obstacles removed he'll become stronger.

I guess it also could be that given that there are no more jedi around and apparently Kylo built his own, that he may not have had any real training on lightsaber combat because there was no one around to fight with/train with on the thing other than snorks.
>>
>>63861301
Because handling a lightsaber takes force sensitivity

Or at least it did before the EU got thrown in the shitter
>>
If you can't predict the lightsabers movements with the force you poke your own eye out kid. Also hes a fucking gorilla janitor.
>>
>>63861301
>wielding an electrical tonfa is the same as wielding a light saber
>>
>>63861512
Ren was unraveling throughout the whole movie. He started out as this badass who could stop a laser blast with his hands. He was an emotional, unfocused wreck by the time he ran into Han and after that, he was an emotional, unfocused wreck who got hit in the chest with a blaster that was mulching dudes left and right.

He is a badass, but they spent the movie breaking him down so they can build him back up even scarier.
>>
>>63861534

>gorilla

People who do stealth surpise attacks are guerillas, anon
>>
>>63861649
Africans with simian features are gorillas anon.
>>
>>63861512
I honestly felt bad for Kylo
>other imperial personnel think he's a retard
>think he's hot shit until random untrained force users btfo of him
>only turned to the dark side because was utterly mediocre
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.