[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What if Qui Gon Jin was allowed to take on Anakin as a padawan?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 15456778678.jpg (46 KB, 384x600) Image search: [Google]
15456778678.jpg
46 KB, 384x600
What if Qui Gon Jin was allowed to take on Anakin as a padawan? How would he have turned out different than being trained by obi wan?
>>
I doubt there would have been much of a difference.

Anakin's issues were with the order, not his master.
>>
>>63860677
>What if Qui Gon Jin was allowed to take on Anakin as a padawan?

Jedi Masters can't cure autism.
>>
>>63861016
>Anakin's issues were with the order, not his master.

His resentment and doubt of Obi Wan pollutes the later half of the PT.
>>
>>63860677
He might have been able to minimize the damage. But I definitely think that the Jedi had strayed from the path. They weren't actively causing an imbalance in the Force like the Sith were but they didn't anticipate being caught in the crossfire when the Chosen one reared his ugly mullet. As Qui-Gon himself would say, everything happens for a reason.

>>63861126
People really over-exaggerate that. He doesn't resent Obi-Wan, he just didn't really respect him as a master. It's more of a brother relationship than father/son. And that's entirely confined to episode 2. They get on fine in 3 until Anakin snaps.

And Obi-Wan wasn't the best teacher. His glib "do as I say, not as I do" style isn't suited to Anakin's hot temper. Obi-Wan basically went straight from being a padawan to teaching a padawan without getting any experience in between.
>>
>>63860677
Quii gon being grey would have helped anakin accept his dark side without trying to ignore it and anakin would have learned how to properly balance it. But that wasn't the force's plan
>>
>>63860677
would have been the next head of the council no doubt
>>
>>63861856
Either way Anakin was going to destroy the jedi order, which Qui Gon might have agreed with. It's probably why he insisted Obi-Wan should train him
>>
>>63860677
>What if Qui Gon Jin was allowed to take on Anakin as a padawan?

He was going to train him anyway, despite the council's decision.
>>
>>63862971
>Either way Anakin was going to destroy the jedi order,
Nah, his destiny was to destroy the Sith, not the Jedi.

> which Qui Gon might have agreed with
Never mind, you're a moron.
>>
>>63861856
>But I definitely think that the Jedi had strayed from the path.

Yeah. They become too insulated, too ingrained in their ways. Rather than challenge themselves and push themselves further, they sat back and pondered.
>>
>>63862971
>which Qui Gon might have agreed with.

No. Qui Gon might not have agreed with the Jedi Council and probably believed they needed to change, he wouldn't agree with destroying the Jedi.
>>
Anakin would be a master at cheating at gambling and getting completely sidetracked on missions.
>>
>>63860677
Qui Gon would have let Anakin and Padme be together, so it would have all been cool.
>>
File: file.png (275 KB, 576x456) Image search: [Google]
file.png
275 KB, 576x456
>>63860677
Qui Gon is literally the shittiest jedi ever
>>
>>63860677
It would never happen because Liam Neeson hated working on the movie.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.