[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are "boxing films" a thing?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: cinderella-men.jpg (51 KB, 602x259) Image search: [Google]
cinderella-men.jpg
51 KB, 602x259
I feel like if you've seen one you've seen them all but somehow they litter people's favourite movie lists.

I've avoided almost all boxing films so far because they just seemed like slightly more refined Gridiron/football team movies... so which are the most exemplary ones to watch?
>>
>>63860523
People think they are classy.

Just look at your image.
>>
Brando in On the Waterfront
Deniro in Raging Bull
Every actor aspires to be so memorable...
>>
>>63860563
rocky ain't classy though? it preaches the stoical manly doctrine to life and struggle and I can only guess people who recommend it are those who would like to associate themselves with that feeling.
>>
Rocky 4 is literally the best movie ever made
>>
>>63860693
Do you cut steel for a living?
>>
>>63860523
I avoid sports movies in general because I'm not 'into' sports. They generally don't bring anything interesting to the table; they're just relatable because guys strugle to emulate athletes
>>
>>63860665
They say that lezzer was good in the clint eastwood film too but i never saw it
Brad Pitt was good as a boxer in Snatch which isnt really a boxing film but a gangster flick but whatevs
>>
>>63860684
Rocky is about a loser who loses which is why its good. The sequels are reddit.
>>
File: COXhutV.png (355 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
COXhutV.png
355 KB, 512x384
>>63860726
No hes the dj after dark
>>
>>63860743
yeah I count snatch as a sort of boxing film, (rock n rolla was a much better kind of movie though), thing I can't work out is why they wanted to rehire a pikey who was so rebellious the first time around (because there are only two other underground boxers in the country doesn't fly). I also can't stand plain fools who are only there as character contrast and to cause problems for the main guys to solve.
>>
Raging Bull is so good that it doesn't deserved to be called a boxing movie.
>>
>>63861122
What other movie is it like? if you discard the boxing parts?
>>
Gay dudes like em too
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.