[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So much hype for this character and it was complete shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 8
File: ep7_ia_38369_0bbb2aae.jpg (90 KB, 768x433) Image search: [Google]
ep7_ia_38369_0bbb2aae.jpg
90 KB, 768x433
So much hype for this character and it was complete shit
>>
>>63860169
She's still alive anon.
>>
>>63860169
She should have been TRAITOOR guy
>>
>>63860169

Her only purpose was to bait feminists and other SJWs into watching the movie.
>>
File: image.jpg (236 KB, 1240x786) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
236 KB, 1240x786
>gets thrown in a trash compactor

How fitting.
>>
>>63860169
Wait until the next film.
>>
>>63860228
No, and just stop mentioning it.
That dude was wrote in to die. They didnt want Phasma do die. Just stahp.
>>
>>63860169
She'll be back in Episode 8/9 as a love interest for Finn and defector from the First Order.
>>
>>63860260
Supposedly, they didn't actually do that, they just joked about it.
>>
>>63860316
If they didn't want Phasma to die they should have had her disappear by implying she was dying, and then had the entire planet explode with no hint she'd made it to safety.

Even if she does come back she's a complete joke after the trash compactor thing. Having her killed by Han after beating down Finn's ass would have at least made her memorable for the right reasons.
>>
File: traitor2.jpg (129 KB, 1400x585) Image search: [Google]
traitor2.jpg
129 KB, 1400x585
>>63860316

He died a hero.
>>
>>63860169
the ends of girl fingers are just stubs, are all stormtroopers like this?
>>
>>63860169
I almost felt the same way, but considering there are more films in the series, I'm perfectly fine knowing she will show up with more weight later.

In fact, I'm glad they didn't do too much in this film. One thing I will say about episode 7 is that it had great pacing. So as much as I would like to see EVERYTHING do EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE, we still have to make a clean movie that introduces key figures first and foremost.
>>
>>63860316
Named characters dont die just because they get shot. You could say her super armor protected her, but the forceā„¢ of the blast knocked her out of commission for a while. That would have saved her from the horrible shield deactivating scene too.
Honestly it makes more sense that she would have a Beat Stick than some random guy since shes in charge of disciplining the Stormtroopers.
>>
There is a point before the enemy station is destroyed when they actually say to evacuate, so some definitely got out alive.
>>
>>63860960
That guy who fucking legged it out of the control room probably did.
>>
>>63860316
It would've been cool if Finn had to face her at least once after he went AWOL, but while she had the upper hand. That way they can give her more screentime, and Finn has to literally face the consequences of his actions. He fails to beat her but manages to escape of course. Then when he meets her again with all his friends, he can gloat about not being under her control anymore.

Oh well, maybe in the second movie.
>>
>>63860169
I thought I was gonna mad, but then I wasn't. It's not like it needed more characters.
>>
File: 1444631906546.gif (3 MB, 429x346) Image search: [Google]
1444631906546.gif
3 MB, 429x346
>>63861058
>I thought I was gonna mad, but then I wasn't.
>>
>So much hype for this character

Was there really, though?
>>
>>63861017
That guy was awesome. It's always fun when the Nazi Stand-Ins break character and say "Fuck this shit, I'm getting out of here."
>>
>>63860169
"character"
>>
>>
>>63860169
How does she do anything with those gloves with metal fingers/ besides something lewd
>>
File: 1.jpg (25 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
25 KB, 600x450
>>63860903

>TFA
>Great pacing
>>
>>63861265

I loved that

>LIEUTENANT!
>NO, SHIT IS FUCKED, COMMANDING OFFICER HAS ALREADY DISAPPEARED, I'M FUCKING DONE
>>
>>63861349

As he went for the door TR-8R should've showed up and used his baton on him.
>>
>>63861349
>>63861017

>You will never get a nazi first order control room waifu to discipline for disobeying orders
why live
>>
gotta go fast is the only pacing mode for current blockbusters

fuck this movie
>>
>>63860169
>those fingerprints all over the metal armour
jesus christ how horrifying
>>
>>63860169
Because they were intentionally trying to recreat Boba Fett with her if you didn't notice.

>Looks cool
>Does nothing
>Barely in film
>BECOME MOST POPULAR CHARACTER
>>
>>63862046
It's a shame because she's going to come back in the second movie, do a load of badass stuff, then die like a little bitch in the third one.
>>
>>63862046
>BECOME MOST POPULAR CHARACTER

Too bad it seems the most popular character is the TRAITOR! Stormtrooper.
>>
She's going to come back as Finn's love interest. Wasn't that obvious? They shared a good bit of dialogue and even bantered for a bit. Finn is the soft-hearted janitor, and she's the cold-hearted killer. She will fall in love with Finn.
You seriously don't see this happening? She's blonde haired and blue eyes, so /tv/ will freak out even more.

It's too Disney-ish.
>>
>>63860169
THERE ARE TWO MORE GODDAMN MOVIES TO GO YOU STUPID CUNT
>>
Next movie will be titles Phasma Strikes Back
>>
>>63860169
gwendolyn christie gave me a blowjob in a bar restroom in 2007
>>
>did fucking nothing
>got jumped by an old man and a literal janitor and forced to deactivate the shields on the base

also should phasma have totally been like "fuck you" and not deactivated the shields? she was like in charge of the mindwashing unit or whatever, shouldn't she be totally dedicated to the first order?

bitch didn't even fire a blaster, they couldn't of shown her fucking shit up at the start with the village execution or something?
>>
>>63862202
I would really like that to happen.
>>
>>63862427
I would have thought that logically, she would have sent an alert to the command centre rather than deactivating the shields and have just accepted her death as an inevitability.
I certainly wouldn't have expected them to let me live if I were in her position.
>>
>>63862121
why is /tv/ focusing on that guy so much?

i saw the movie today and the scene was really nothing, dude just gets jobbed by han after like 5 seconds of wailing on finn

the "TRAITOR" line wasn't even good, i though he was gonna say it after doing his little tonfa routine and then attack finn, instead he just yelled it pretty quietly from off screen

>>63862541
yea well that would require non-disney writing. instead we get "YEA YEA ME BOSS NOW" and "LETS PUT HER IN THE GARBAGE SHOOT"
>>
>>63862541
>I certainly wouldn't have expected them to let me live if I were in her position.
Except... She knows Finn. And Finn never considered killing her at any time, even after she was of no more use. Even if they had tied her up and put her in a locker, she would have died when the planet exploded. So Finn ended up doing the one thing that would allow her to escape in time.
>>
>>63861406
TR-8R is dead, dude.
It's time to let go.
>>
>>63860352
Damn, that sounds pretty likely, actually.
>>
>>63862680
TR-8R is a sith lord, he'll be back. His will to purge traitors is so strong that he can resist even death.
>>
>>63862084
No, she's going to come back in the second movie, duke it out with Finn, probably win, then have her ideals challenged by him. It'll end with some romantic tension build up before she fucks off to do whatever.

She'll come back in the 3rd movie and run into him again. This time, she nearly kills him with the power of evil, but realizes that she loves him and is redeemed.
>>
>>63862647
>And Finn never considered killing her at any time
Being crushed in a trash compactor sounds pretty deadly...
>>
File: OK.png (853 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
OK.png
853 KB, 1920x1080
>>63862046
>tfw everyone talks shit about Boba Fett, yet you like him
>>
>>63860169
That was the best part though.

How mad are the Feminist that spent the entire year hyping this trash character?
>>
>>63862427
>>63862541
I wasn't expecting her to let down the shields at all, seems she would rather die for the First Order but ya know
>>
>>63863091
I don't understand why people are pissed that she's not as popular.

Everyone fucking knows the deal- you can't have a strong independent female villain without redeeming her in some aspect. People wanted Maleficent to be about an evil person doing evil shit. Not fighting the patriarchy.

I was refreshed by Phasma not having a redemption arc for once.
>>
>>63862939
People don't talk shit about him very much.
People hype him up ridiculously and jerk themselves off while reading EU fanfiction about him. That's what people react negatively to.
>>
File: 1443934755578.jpg (147 KB, 500x730) Image search: [Google]
1443934755578.jpg
147 KB, 500x730
>>63863380
I've never really been a EU kinda guy. I always just thought he seemed kinda cool/interesting, and wanted to see him shoot shit more often.... Maybe we can get something from him in the new movies.
>>
>>63860932
wrong character, stinkfist
>>
>>63863470
oops my bbad
>>
>>63863177
>I wasn't expecting her to let down the shields at all, seems she would rather die for the First Order but ya know
The First Order just isn't as organised as the old Empire. Since Phasma has a name rather than serial number, she is likely not brainwashed but just a merc employee.
>>
>>63860169
>Complete Shit
Untrue.

To be complete shit you need to actually be around to be so. She was barely even in this movie.

I hope there's more of her in the sequels to justify all the hype.
>>
>>63860932
>shes in charge of disciplining the Stormtroopers

I now want her to discipline me
>>
>captain phasma will never step on your nuts

Why even live
>>
>>63862046
But she's not the most popular character. No one talks about her
>>
>>63864448
They tried, they just fumbled.

They should have given her a more unique look other than just chrome+cape because she's basically a palette swap+cape.

She needed her own unique armor, there's like 4 different normal sets we see in the film. Why can't she have one even more unique? I'd say they fumbled aesthetically on a few things

One thing that comes to mind...ONLY X-Wing mark IIs for the Resistance. Holy shit how lame. Even ANH had more than one kind of fighter for the Rebel Alliance. It's such a small thing, and so simple...true...which is why they shouldn't have fucked it up.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.