[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does a lawyer become so operator? Dont you have to goto Delta
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 53
File: sicario-official-trailer-1280.jpg (105 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
sicario-official-trailer-1280.jpg
105 KB, 1280x720
How does a lawyer become so operator? Dont you have to goto Delta school for that?
>>
CIA American Spec ops train foreigners
>>
>>63856545
He wasn't a lawyer dipshit.
>>
>>63856545
I'm thinking about watching that movie. Is there any girl power bullshit, or is it actually solid?
>>
>>63856659
Nah the girl gets almost raped and murdered but a man saves her.
>>
>>63856659
Emily Blunts character doesnt do shit. Gets kicked around Thanos, Delta boys, and this lawyer badass. Why was she even in the movie anyways
>>
such a overhyped piece of shit film.

had to watch it twice due to my girl wanting to watch it too.
>>
>>63856623
pretty sure he was in that line of work
>>
I assumed he had a military background before he was a lawyer - the cartels and the CIA could have given him additional training as well
>>
>>63856659

No "girl power, fuck the patriarchy" moments. At all.

There's a major plot twist when Del Toro is revealed to be the actual main character
>>
>>63856759
Nothing he said mattered could be taken at face value because it's firmly established that he is a liar and has his own agenda.

On an unrelated note: It really bothered me how badass they tried to make Del Toro look when he clearly was on a cheeseburger diet.
>>
>>63856798
>finish your food
>shoots him
>>
>dem Texan rangers
cowboy as fuck
>>
>>63856844
he looked just right, and i hated the movie.

big ass bear types are much more threatening than 10% bf bodybuilders most of the time.
>>
>>63856844
He could've been bear mode
>>
>>63856844
>forgetting the conversation with the other lawyer type
>>
>>63856545
Every character besides the three mains was a forgettable cipher meant to move the plot forward. The whole Jon Bernthal sequence was a messily slapped together sequence of contrivances from beginning to end. Those were my two main problems with it. Other than that, definitely good.
>>
this film fucking sucked
>>
>>63856545
because nanomachines son
Everything about his family was a lie, mexican drug lord had info on a Metal gear
>>
>>63856798
>There's a major plot twist when Del Toro is revealed to be the actual main character

Wow, you're an idiot.
>>
>>63856844

A Mexican lawyer recognizes him at the US detention site and talks to him about their lawyer days
>>
>>63856704
o-ok thanks for spoiling it anon...
>>
>>63857043
not really. she doesn't almost get raped and everyone almost gets murdered
>>
Did Alejandro make that captured dude suck his dick in that interrogation room? After sucking him off he stuck that 5 gallon jug up his ass right?
>>
>>63856858
He realized that he just wanted to go home at that point, watching the guy eat would have taken too long
>>
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 620x464) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 620x464
>Lionsgate has commissioned a spin-off, centering on del Toro's character. The project is being overseen by writer Taylor Sheridan with Villeneuve also involved.
>>
>>63857133
>putting your dick near a prisoner
its like you want it to get chomped off
He was just asserting dominance/making him extremely uncomfortable, he probably got the old CIAwateroo
>>
>>63857242
who would want to watch a movie about some lawyer
>>
>>63857133
probably waterboarded and the dick in the face was just to show whose daddy.
>>
>>63857133
He probably punched him in the kidneys
>>
>>63857248
in the tv series the shield, someone gets forced to suck someones dick at gun point. you're not gonna try and bite off some dudes dick when you know if you do you'll probably wish you were dead in the next minute
>>
This was my only problem with the movie. They make it pretty clear that was a prosecutor from Juarez but then he turns out to be a ninja too? Also, they keep calling him Medellin, as he's apparently known to represent them now. When did he go from lawyer in mexico to colombian henchman?

>>63857133
No, I think the leaning against people is just a macho spic thing. I believe they waterboarded him.
>>
Why didn't the boss coming from the US have a bodyguard with him in the car?
>>
>>63857248
>get picked up by CIA
>brought to interrogation site
>no chance of escape

You think its smart move to injure the CIA interrogator in that situation?
>>
>>63856736
They needed an excuse to do the shit they were doing, and they needed someone to sign off on it. Her involvement with that drug bust at the beginning was there key.
>>
>>63857357
He was living in the US under the radar, posing as a legitimate businessman. Also he probably didn't expect to need one.
>>
>>63857321
>>63857387
You still dont know how he's gonna react, people do crazy shit when they get pushed into the edge, biting someones else dick can be it.
Also why the fuck would you want him to suck you off you fucking homos.
>>
>>63856545
i thought brolin's character was saying they are just letting del toro loose on the cartel boss and del toro works for no one. yet he's there at the end getting her signature for the cia. what gives?

also why is it that when you see shane from the walking dead, you just know he's going to play an asshole character?
>>
>>63857539
There's nothing sexual about it. Its about degrading and breaking him. It's like saying "If I can make you suck my dick then I can do anything. So you should just talk"

and i don't think he would have to go for the full blowjob, just smacking him in the face with it would make the point.
>>
>>63857242
i'd watch it. alejandro is operator as fuck
>>
>>63857539
you're clearly too dense to understand the basics of the human mind.
>>
>strong female lead
>CIA tracking some infamous bad guy
>tactical special forces night vision scene

This movie was basically a rip off of zero dark thirty
>>
>>63856756
>my girl
kek
>>
>>63857989
Zero Dark Thirty was awful though. One of the worst Middle East movies of all time.
>>
>>63858035
>Zero Dark Thirty was awful though

Incorrect
>>
>>63856659
Nope, she gets royally BTFO repeatedly which is hilarious.
>>
Man I thought they'd cop out at the end and leave the kids alive at least.

Fucking brilliant, those little cunts would've grown up to be little cartels shitheads anyway.
>>
>>63856736
Two reasons:
1- To make the film start off as a stereotype, muh do it by the book. Then throw it in our faces and do it how it might happen in real life
2- To show even the "strongest" of characters can be weak in the face of truth
>>
>>63856545

I wondered this too desu and it frankly ruined the movie. Here is a middle aged former lawyer rolling with Delta and CIA SAD agents. That sort of skill isn't something you pick up in middle age after a long life as a civilian.
>>
>>63858131
This. The only way they could have made the ending better is if Blunt had been killed off too.

>>63856545
He's not that operator. He kills like 10 people in the whole film, and all of them are killed using the element of surprise.
>>
This was basically Liberals are Faggots: The Movie

Loved it.
>>
the only lawyer in the movie is Emily Blunt's nigger friend
Alejandro is a Mexican prosecutor who probably has military background and whose goals are personal revenge against one of the heads of the Sonora cartel and bringing the colombians back in control of the drug trade
>>
>>63858369
>Alejandro is a Mexican prosecutor

Prosecutors are lawyers too
>>
>>63858295
>The only way they could have made the ending better is if Blunt had been killed off too.
I dunno, it was pretty good seeing muh strong womyn get fucking shit on after she refuses to sign the paper thinking she's hot shit and he won't kill her just because she reminds him of his daughter.

Then she gets mentally obliterated again when he scares the fuck out of her from 30 feet away by doing nothing but staring sternly at her while she points a gun at him kek.
>>
>>63858419
is he an earth rocker?
>>
>>63858295
He's pretty operator. From the bridge scene to the tunnel to the end, he's as good or better than the other guys he's working with. But it's not just about tactics, he's 'operator' cus he's so damn cool about it. Anyone can pick up some skills at a weekend seminar, but it takes years of combat experience and hardcore training to be able to actually think and remain calm in those situations. Look at Blunt's character, she's a federal agent, taken place in countless raids, killed people herself, but still acts nervous. That's how anyone who's not a tried-and-true operator would be.
>>
>>63857242
would watch
>>
>>63858419
yeah but they're very different from regular lawyers
regular lawyers represent individuals while prosecutors represnt the society
>>
>>63858656
>regular lawyers represent individuals while prosecutors represnt the society

Still lawyers bruh, they go to the same law schools. Prosecutors don't get military training or anything.
>>
>>63856545
The nigger FBI agent was a lawyer too. There are plenty of ex military lawyers everywhere.
>>
>>63858656
No, they're still totally lawyers though, just a different type. OP was correct, his character is a lawyer. Stop trying to backtrack.
>>
>>63856545
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_Hemisphere_Institute_for_Security_Cooperation
AKA School of the Americas.
>>
File: le mexican family man.jpg (48 KB, 808x525) Image search: [Google]
le mexican family man.jpg
48 KB, 808x525
>when being smug goes wrong
>>
I haven't seen the film or even a preview...is delta brought in as some suoer-force or something? All we are is SF (50,000 troops) diluted down to individuals with specialties or higher IQ (115-135+)
>>
It's fiction.
>>
File: 1437768113750.png (315 KB, 491x373) Image search: [Google]
1437768113750.png
315 KB, 491x373
>>63858799
>we
>>
>>63858656
backtracking: the post
>>
>>63858799
whoa a delta force operator posts on /tv/? you should do a q&a on /k/
>>
>>63857242
At the risk of backlash, I'd avoid it like the plague specifically because his ambiguous past makes him more interesting.
>>
File: 1435660249171.jpg (187 KB, 598x465) Image search: [Google]
1435660249171.jpg
187 KB, 598x465
>>63858799
>we
>>
>>63858324
lol no it wasn't

emily blunt's character was literally a metaphor for the blue pilled neo-conservatards who has this john wayne good guy vs bad guy mentality with their faggy drug prohibtion bullshit
>>
>Generic delta guys all look like they're on roids
>Marshalls are cowboys

lmao

Every action scene was very good though.
>>
>>63858969
>Generic delta guys all look like they're on roids

only the one black guy did
>>
>>63858799
Delta Force acts as hired muscle for the CIA in the film.

Josh Brolin and Jeffrey Donavon's mustache man characters were CIA, using Delta Force for the operations muscle and the lady character as a token American law enforcement chick that was only there as a quota requirement that says that CIA can only work in the US if they have a case that is a joint US/CIA investigation.
>>
>>63856545
>Everyone forgets to look behind them so Emily Blunt has to save the day
That mustache+glasses guys taking out that car full of guys was pretty cool though.
>>
>>63857564
No, he was saying they made a deal with him. They help him find the guy who killed his family, and he helps them rebuild the Colombian cartels afterward.
>>
Wasn't it implied that he was an enforcer for the Medellin cartel?
>>
>>63857989
ZD30s strönk woman had a deus ex machina level of foresight. At the end of Sicario, Blunt is shown to be basically an inconsequential ant relative to the grand scheme of things.
>>
>>63857824
kek enjoy getting your dick chomped off amigo
>>
File: jeffrey-donovan-in-sicario.jpg (41 KB, 962x451) Image search: [Google]
jeffrey-donovan-in-sicario.jpg
41 KB, 962x451
>>63859009
>That mustache+glasses guys taking out that car full of guys was pretty cool though.
>>
>>63859058
I don't recall any evidence one way or the other, but it's possible. I'd believe that he'd work for anybody to get his revenge.
>>
>>63858799
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.
>>
He was a paid hitman (sicario) for the Colombian cartels and was working with the CIA with the mutual interest of taking down the Mexican cartels. Cartels will hire anyone if you're willing to kill and not rat them out to the authorities.

It was flat-out explained in the movie people.
>>
>>63859009
>>Everyone forgets to look behind them so Emily Blunt has to save the day
so? it wasn't some forced girl power scene, she was supposed to be watching out.
>>
>>63859103
didnt even notice it was him and I knew he was supposed to be in it. i love that guy.
>>
>>63859058
he started working for the medellin cartel after his family was killed
>>
>>63859058
He joined the Medellin Cartel as a hitman after his family died vs Mexican Cartel out of revenge because Medellin wants to take down the Mexicans and it was his best shot. Sicario aren't elite assassins but rather just people willing to kill for $$$ and keep their mouths shut if they arrested, a lot of them IRL are just little kids.

Medellin dispatched him to work with the CIA in Mexico on taking down the Cartels. CIA was willing to work with other cartels against the Mexicans who they saw as a greater and more urgent threat.

He gets his revenge and the CIA and Colombian Cartels are both happy with the end result. Everybody but Emily Blunt and Mexican bosses family wins
>>
>>63859197
this
>>
>>63858070
It is
>>
File: 1450556722127.jpg (55 KB, 630x419) Image search: [Google]
1450556722127.jpg
55 KB, 630x419
>>63859103
>getting a boner
>>
>>63858969
As I recall the lead delta guy was a lanklet. The only cowboys in the movie were the two Texas Rangers, who wear the hats as part of their uniform despite being badasses.
>>
Did anyone else think Jeffrey Donovan was Matthew Lillard until this thread?
>>
>>63859433

No.
>>
>>63859433
negative
>>
>>63859122
i don't see how everyone has such a hard time understanding this
>>
The absence of Emily Blunt's foot-driven scenery were a real loss to the footsexual community
>>
Emily Blunt being helpless at the end was cute.
>>
>>63857007
>>63856927
>talks to him about their lawyer days
Except none of them do.

>The 'lawyer' (it's not even clear if it is a lawyer, could be a politician or even a high-rank Mexican cop) makes a quirky comment about not knowing ghosts get thristy.
>Del Toro thanks him for managing to keep the captive guy alive. The guy says he's sorry about not being able to control what happened in the border.
>They have small talk about family. Small talk about the tunnel.
>The 'lawer' asks he they should go in, Del Toro says it's better if not. The lawyer says that he's sorry about the family.
>>
>I'm Emily Blunt and I should be judged by my performance and not my misshapen feet #allfeetsies
>>
>>63859502
Because that reduces it to a revenge story with meditative elements rather than a meditative movie with revenge elements.

I mean, you're not wrong or anything, but I see how ignorance provokes more curiosity here.
>>
>>63857133
The dick in the face thing was just a prelude to waterboarding. It's pretty much CIA's power stance taken to it's extreme conclusion.
>>
>>63859534
She shows her feet near the end. Shit's all dark and whatnot but hey pump up the brightness and gamma or something.
>>
>>63859605
This is the flick that made me think that she was nothing special. I didn't know why then but I realize now.
>>
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned that Toro pulled a reverse JUST

like 3 years ago he was fat as shit
>>
File: OPERATOR.webm (1 MB, 960x400) Image search: [Google]
OPERATOR.webm
1 MB, 960x400
>>63859103
great scene
>>
>>63859752
He's also 6'2.

B I G G U Y
I
G
G
U
Y
>>
>>63859836
4U
>>
>>63859836
> 6'2 is considered "big" now

No.
>>
>>63860005
Hello, poster that is 5'10 or shorter

:)
>>
>>63860005
>Tom Hardy is 5'9
>wore heels to make him about 6 feet
>'bigness' isnt just conditional on height
>>
>>63860051
I thought homunculi were creatures of legend.
>>
Del Toro is also Puertorrican.

Not NYC dirty Puertorrican but actually born and raised in Puerto Rico.
>>
>>63856545

Just putting this out there;

A lot of prosecutors from Colombia came from police and military units.

Could be similar here.

A lot of para-military right wing forces were drawn from military and government and trained at The School Of The Americas by the U.S. Army.

So...it could be situations similar to this.

Members of the original Zetas were trained to be right wing militias at the School Of The Americas.
>>
>>63860367

well black guy was lawyer too, maybe everyone was a lawyer
>>
>>63857242
I didn't like this idea because I love the mystery inherent in his character...

But I'd probably fucking watch it.
>>
>>63860426
Remember when Thanos said: "No lawyers on this one.", but still brought Lady Gaga - Alejandro with him on the mission?
>>
>>63858936
>>63860532
It doesnt have to be about his past, it can be about him opr8ing a la way of the gun.
>>
File: shades.jpg (304 KB, 1000x563) Image search: [Google]
shades.jpg
304 KB, 1000x563
How do I become operator like Del Taco? And where can I get those sweet sunglasses?
>>
>>63861038
you know it won't be though. hollywood has a raging hard-on for origin stories.
>>
>>63856545
You have to take the BAR exam
>>
>>63856545
School of the Americas
>>
File: 0VgkJYG.jpg (718 KB, 1994x3000) Image search: [Google]
0VgkJYG.jpg
718 KB, 1994x3000
Literally a Kristen Stewart role.
>>
File: Benicio.jpg (81 KB, 520x770) Image search: [Google]
Benicio.jpg
81 KB, 520x770
>>63861477
yeah you're probably right
>>
>>63856975
then it wasn't a film, it was a movie..
>>
>>63861826
frigg off
>>
>>63859752
AdJUST
>>
>>63858324
Blunt failed and was out smarted at EVERY point in the movie. She did not do one thing right. They pick her because she is incompetent/women. They don't bring her partner, who is smart and always asking questions .(pointing out to blunt how they are cia)

Del toro even tells her she looks like a child when shes scared.

and it shows Mexico to be full of violent muderers and criminals.

This is a subversive movie so libcucks and retards like you don't notice these things. I could go on about how retarded you are but I'm on my phone
>>
>>63858324
God damnit the last post was from me to the guy who first commented to you....
I agree with you I'm just on my phone and fucked up
>>
File: Operate.jpg (22 KB, 460x566) Image search: [Google]
Operate.jpg
22 KB, 460x566
>>63858799
>I haven't seen the film or even a preview...is delta brought in as some suoer-force or something? All we are is SF (50,000 troops) diluted down to individuals with specialties or higher IQ (115-135+)

This is the dumbest shit I've ever read.
>kill yourself
>>
>>63857242
It would be like John Wick: Mexico version
>>
DUDE REFLECTION SYMBOLISM LMAO
>>
>>63856545
Why is he using a submachine gun instead of an assault rifle like the other operators?
>>
why are people calling him a lawyer? He was never stated as a former lawyer or anything

They called him Medellin the entire time because he was obviously affiliated with Colombian cartels

And it is a known fact that the CIA helped certain Colombian cartels during the 60s-80s so it shouldn't come off as a surprise that Alejandro knew how to operate plus he was literally working with the CIA as that planning scene revealed and reminding the viewer at the end when blunt was explained why Alejandro is like he is.
>>
>>63858252

I'm just gonna blacken this out, but isn't it pointed out at some scene that he's actually hitman for Colombian cartels and "represents the competition". Lawyer was just a cover up and the other lawyer guy was probably also involved to CIA and cartels somehow.
>>
wait did I miss something? Where are people getting the lawyer thing ? The only lawyers in the movie was the Mexican guy talking to toro and the black friend of blunt who studied law
>>
>>63864705
nigga he said himself he was an attorney
>>
>>63864883
What scene and how can you be sure he said it to not cover himself
>>
>>63858783
What was he thinking, acting so smug? What was the goal?
>>
File: vlcsnap-2015-12-20-02h07m10s35.png (2 MB, 1920x800) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2015-12-20-02h07m10s35.png
2 MB, 1920x800
>>63864925
Near the beginning before the highway scene
And I'm not so sure it was just a cover up considering the boss at the end also called him a "grieving lawyer"
>>
File: 1449968683689.jpg (46 KB, 412x731) Image search: [Google]
1449968683689.jpg
46 KB, 412x731
>you will never be a CIA operator who leads missions to fuck up the cartel
>you will never fly on a private jet and interrogate prisoners at a CIA black site

feels bad man
>>
>>63865158
Why not? Just join the special activities division
>>
Why does he being a lawyer prevent him from being trained by the CIA or the cartel?
>>
>>63865415
Lawyers are nerds who read all day
>>
>>63856545
He didn't go to Law School. He went to the LAW
>>
>>63858436

>Then she gets mentally obliterated again when he scares the fuck out of her from 30 feet away by doing nothing but staring sternly at her while she points a gun at him kek.

this, movie was really enjoyable imo
>>
>>63856545
Beaner law school is different.
>>
File: 1449083530433.jpg (35 KB, 370x388) Image search: [Google]
1449083530433.jpg
35 KB, 370x388
>>63865552

>el jefe: what's going on here?
>alejandro: MMMMMMM
>>
>>63857003
but he's right, sicario = hitman. Del Toro was the hitman the US hired to kill the cartel leader
>>
File: 1445837370980.jpg (103 KB, 714x537) Image search: [Google]
1445837370980.jpg
103 KB, 714x537
>mfw fa/tv/irgins don't know about the School of the Americas
>>
File: 1443586835656.png (342 KB, 394x394) Image search: [Google]
1443586835656.png
342 KB, 394x394
Maybe I'm just a retard but I don't understand why they raided the tunnel and why the tunnel was so important in the first place.

Was the whole point just to get Del Toro on the other side? Couldn't that be achieved much easier?

Pls explain
>>
>>63866180
The point of the scene was to see the chick get punched in the face.
It was very refreshing.
>>
Can anyone tell me again why the american spec ops were yhe ""bad guys""? they did what it was necesary
>>
>>63866180
The plan was to disrupt the Juarez cartel to get a lieutenant to come back and report to the leader.

Alejandro was there to intercept and disappear in the Delta/CIA tunnel raid.
>>
>>63866180

the cartel has people placed at the regular border crossings, trying to infiltrate trough there would get diaz notified and would fail the mission

they needed a sure fire, stealth way to get into mexico
>>
>>63866268
why not take a fucking chopper?
>>
>>63866290
Too high profile.
>>
File: Untitledjk[1].png (742 KB, 1028x754) Image search: [Google]
Untitledjk[1].png
742 KB, 1028x754
>>63866268
why didn't they take the eagles?
>>
>>63866268
>>63866265

are you guys telling me that raiding a highly protected secret cartel tunnel was the easiest way to get Alejandro to Mexico?

they needed the fucking delta forces for that shit
>>
File: 1449169618049.jpg (446 KB, 2508x1620) Image search: [Google]
1449169618049.jpg
446 KB, 2508x1620
>>63866393
Gotta justify that budget and keep the boys warmed up ya know :^).
>>
whats with this Sicario shilling daily

its a shitty flick, literally Zero Dark Thirty set in Mexico
>>
>>63866180the tunnel was the distraction for the real deal, and that is Alejandro murdering the two jefe's Fausto and Manuel Diaz
and taking out the tunnel also causes a big dent in the cartel's drug operation
>>
File: 1443893739624.jpg (22 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1443893739624.jpg
22 KB, 400x400
>>63866475

wow one thread that isn't star wars, must be shilling

get off your fucking high horse you fucking fag
>>
>>63866475

it came out on torrents like two days ago so everyone is seeing it
expect more threads
>>
File: 1416478455033.gif (2 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1416478455033.gif
2 MB, 400x225
>>63866475
A torrent for it just came out you pleb.Also its a really good movie.
>>
>>63856844
you don't need to look like ripped male model to be able to use a gun. also he was useful, because of his state of mind. he wasn't reckless, and was ready to do any evil to avenge his family.
>>
>>63866536
>>63866574
I bet Saving Private Ryan is your favorite war film too you redditors
>>
File: 1450365510792.gif (993 KB, 245x177) Image search: [Google]
1450365510792.gif
993 KB, 245x177
>>63866650

low quality bait but here's a (You)
>>
>>63859103
Who this guy was?
>>
>>63859103
Is that an m4 or ar15?
>>
>>63868276
>M4 - not even usa and I know
>>
>>63868276
Pretty sure that's an AK
>>
>>63857284
lol what is better call saul
what is n+1 law series
>>
>>63866393

It was a distraction. At least that's what Brolin says. "Make It Loud".

Security is busy freaking out over a raid while Del Taco sneaks off to hit the boss.
>>
>>63863498
>They pick her because she is incompetent/women
They picked her because she's curious and wants action. Her partner wanted to bail, she didn't.
>>
>>63859103
same guy
>>
>>63857736
>There's nothing sexual about putting my dick in a guys mouth and getting off from it
you forgot to put 'no homo' at the end of your sentence you sexually confused closet faggot.
>>
>>63866371
Cartels have fell beasts and shit.
>>
>>63856844
yes because every sicaro and Federal fighter in Mexico is so fit, am i right?
>>
>>63865500
Not really. My dad is a lawyer and he was in the army
>>
>>63856545
How does a farm boy from Idaho become the SEAL that killed Bin Laden?
Don't you have to go to BUDS school for that?
>>
>>63858369
>Military background
>Mexican
>>
>>63873457
Pretty sure he's colombian
>>
File: Sicario.00_32_37.jpg (587 KB, 1920x800) Image search: [Google]
Sicario.00_32_37.jpg
587 KB, 1920x800
What did she mean?
>>
>>63869438
Is this the year of Jeffrey Donovan? The Donovaissance.
>>
>>63859067
That's exactly what happened in zero dark thirty
In fact this movie was worse, because even though it had the same message, it inexplicably got caught up in some b level action movie bullshit out of nowhere for a random revenge fantasy detour before remembering what it was trying to say and getting back to business

It basically tries to have it's cake and eat it, too, by knowing that there's a large portion of the audience that didn't like 0D30 for that reason, so it threw in a distracting sequence that would purposefully allow those retards to misinterpret the actual message being delivered by ignoring everything that preceded and succeeded it
>>
>>63863553
>>63858324

LIberals are everything that right in this country:

>tolerance
>progressiveness
>rationality
>non-fundamentalist

Why are you hating on liberals?
>>
>>63863692

Who's the DYEL?
>>
>>63856545
>How does a lawyer become so operator
He went from operator to lawyer.Simple.
Served in military, got law education in the army.Used as military prosecutor during drug trials or something.
>>
>>63864969

BEcause he probably knows he's going to be killed, but he also knows that someone will take his place and that nothing will really be accomplished.
>>
File: Bill_Wilson-0.jpg (79 KB, 716x768) Image search: [Google]
Bill_Wilson-0.jpg
79 KB, 716x768
>>63865158
>>you will never fly on a private jet and interrogate prisoners at a CIA black site

Would you shoot them before throwing them out of a plane?
>>
>>63868276

Klobb
>>
Just finished this movie.

I have to say I was disappointed. And I'm a big Villeneuve fan. It looked OK, but the plot went nowhere and left me with zero feels.
>>
>>63857284
There are like a million movies about lawyers.

Half of them star Matthew McConaughey.
>>
File: 1435382704097.jpg (59 KB, 395x401) Image search: [Google]
1435382704097.jpg
59 KB, 395x401
>>63877453
>the average /tv/ user
>>
Explain this: the chicks black partner randomly takes her to a cowboy bar, where the crooked cop happened to be that was tasked with looking into her? How does that make any sense: how would he know they'd be at that bar?
>>
>>63877712

I understand that you are likely socially retarded and therefore don't go out, but there's a thing called setting friends up. Shane probably asked the black guy about the cute girl he works with and told the black guy to do him a solid and meet up for drinks so he could close the deal.

This isn't a leap. This is real life.
>>
>>63863498
I got this politically-incorrect impression as well
>Mexico portrayed as irredeemable corrupt and violent
>by-the-books police are powerless in the face of cartel mass-murder
>extra-judicial secret operator shit and torture saves the day
>blames the whole mess on 'the 20% who smoke / snort that shit'
>>
>>63863498
>being this much of a redpilled lard

o i am laffin
>>
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0792263/

Interestingly, the writer is a d-grade actor, and this is his first writing credit. Happy for him.
>>
>>63878357

The Black List makes easier than ever to break in to Hollywood (provided you have the talent). I'm glad it's become an industry-standard tool.
>>
>>63877791
>This isn't a leap. This is real life.
Disgusting. I am glad I am not a normie.
>>
>>63878418
>having bros who hook you up with prime pussy
>disgusting

I hope you and your 2D waifu have a happy union.
>>
>>63859605
>Toe ring
Filthy whore.
>>
>>63878042
>Benicio del Toro
>Saving the day
Jesus fuck it's as if you didn't watch the movie and formed an opinion from the synopsis. The last fucking scene with the kids playing football is a pretty straight-forward way of saying "everything is the same" and "the situation is fucked up beyond repair". That's the message, not that politically incorrect means lead to good results.
>>
>implying the capo wouldn't have mexican spec ops guarding him
>implying he wouldn't have more than six
>implying he wouldn't have cameras monitoring the front gate

other than that, thoroughly enjoyed the movie
>>
>>63878937
>arguing with retards

Why bother? Lurk or respond to intelligent thoughts. /tv/ is a much better experience that way.
>>
>>63878937
The last scene was only like that because the dumb bitch hadn't signed the fucking document so everything they did was in vain. Literally learn to pay attention, you fucking Chrome-using Reddit-browsing lord of cuckoldry.
>>
>>63878937

Me here: >>63879058

This is an example of a retard: >>63879081

>didn't sign the document
>Chrome
>Reddit
>cuck
>literally

Don't respond.
>>
I enjoyed the Sicario threads a lot more before the vast pleb population of /tv/ managed to shit up every recent discussion by showing how stupid it is.
>>
>>63879023
>mexican spec ops guarding him
Are they any good?
>>
>/tv/ enjoying spic shit
This place is really going to the dogs. Next you guys will be praising JJ for casting Boyega
>>
>>63856545
Not a lawyer, its a cover for him to be there. He was a legit hitman for the Columbians who was more than happy to go along for the ride and exact revenge.
>>
>>63878937
>The last fucking scene with the kids playing football is a pretty straight-forward way of saying "everything is the same" and "the situation is fucked up beyond repair"
I think it was saying that the head of the snake has been cutoff, like the scene on the rooftops when they watched the shooting and the explosions.
>>
>>63879271
He actually was the lawyer, didn't you watch the movie?
>>
>>63879271

He says he was a prosecutor, which was the reason his family was killed.
>>
>>63879223
Most definitely better than thugs with guns. They'd have a much better understanding of perimeter defense.
>>
File: coma.jpg (14 KB, 203x263) Image search: [Google]
coma.jpg
14 KB, 203x263
>>63879271
>>63879310
>>63879334
Let's explain this for the 1000th time. He was a prosecutor in Mexico whose family was tortured and killed by the Mexican cartel. To get revenge he started working for their rivals, the Medellin Cartel from Colombia. They in turn loaned him out to the CIA for spook work.
>>
>>63879223
They're often trained by US spec ops, so probably
>>
File: mi señora.jpg (125 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
mi señora.jpg
125 KB, 1920x1080
>>63872173
best characters right here
prove me wrong
>>
File: sicario0003.jpg (57 KB, 1280x874) Image search: [Google]
sicario0003.jpg
57 KB, 1280x874
>>63879979

That still doesn't explain how a civilian lawyer gets good enough to operate on the level with Delta and CIA spooks.
>>
File: 143897159890.jpg (97 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
143897159890.jpg
97 KB, 1280x720
That border crossing sequence was bone-chilling as fuck

V
>>
>>63880199
you do realize they were patsies like Emily Blunt's character, right?
>>
>>63880199
>dips fedora
>>
File: fmb.jpg (157 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
fmb.jpg
157 KB, 1920x1080
what did she mean by this
>>
>>63880232
There are people who've managed to join the SEALs in their late 20s (they've had military careers beforehand though). But even a CIA operative doing missions with Delta is a bit of a stretch.
>>
File: 600px-Sicario-M4A1-2.jpg (44 KB, 600x255) Image search: [Google]
600px-Sicario-M4A1-2.jpg
44 KB, 600x255
>>63880199
Oh, come on now.
>>
>>63880232
We can assume that after his wife's head was cut off and his daughter was dropped into acid that he was pretty motivated
>>
>>63880702
>yellow with red spots
tfw
>>
>>63880933
Spin-off with Del Toro, Brolin and Donovan when?
>>
>>63880641
>But even a CIA operative doing missions with Delta is a bit of a stretch

Why?
>>
>>63863498
>Emily Blunt failed
That's the point you nigger
>>
>>63881029
CIA operatives are information nerds for the most part, trained in people handling, not military operations. Of course, this is coming from my internet research into the topic, but I doubt that spec ops training coincides on any level with CIA operative training.
>>
>>63881154

Son have you heard of the CIA SAD/SOG? They recruit exclusively from Delta and Devgru, so in a sense they are considered Tier 0 operators to Delta/Devgru Tier 1.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_Activities_Division
>>
>>63879979
Except that there's literally no inherent proof that he's medellin, only loose motivations explained by Josh Flipflops that could be arbitrarily traced to that origin. It's vague for a reason you sperg.
>>
>>63856844
>Nothing he said mattered could be taken at face value because it's firmly established that he is a liar and has his own agenda.

But why'd the Mexican call him the grieving lawyer?
>>
>>63857242
If they absolutely had to do a spin off I'd rather see one about Brolin's character. Del Toro's needs the mystery and Blunt's is irrelvent now. And am I the only one who was a little let down by Del Toro after the ridiculous amount of hype everybody gave him? He was good, but nowhere near as good as he's been in other movies.

This movie doesn't need a sequel/prequel/spin-off anyway.
>>
>>63858936
>>63858936
>At the risk of backlash, I'd avoid it like the plague specifically because his ambiguous past makes him more interesting.

Del Toro only agreed to do the movie because they agreed to his request to cut almost all of his backstory out of the movie.

The original script had him breaking down to Emily Blunt and spoiling his background like in any shit tier action movie.

Based Benicio.
>>
>>63881225
Shit nigga, that gets me giddy.
>>
Lawyer?
>>
>>63881345
>Del Toro only agreed to do the movie because they agreed to his request to cut almost all of his backstory out of the movie.
This man single-handedly saved the movie.
>>
>>63880232
What's that blue thing?

Straw for water intake?
>>
>>63881459
do you have a link for that?
>>
>>63881507

Tactical camelback
>>
cuck cuck cuck, thank you god for no filters
>>
>>63856736
You're a fucking idiot pay more attention the plot line, faggot. Now go back to your jar jar I'm a dumb shit, shitty sifi trilogy BULLSHIT.
>>
>>63881538
W-what if it gets shot and they die of thirst? Or is it bulletproof? A nice canteen seems a lot less likely to fail catastrophically.
>>
>>63880702
Michael is still a spy I see.
>>
>"Do your kids speak english"
>"No"
>"We shall speak in english then"
>they then proceed to talk in Spanish
Anyone else triggered by this?
>>
>>63881623

Too heavy and noisy, plus if a canteen gets shot you're going to have aluminum shrapnel flying all over the place
>>
>>63881623
>>63881678
If the operator gets shot in the back he's last worry would be water wouldn't you think?
>>
>>63881669
>asks if they speak english to protect them from the truth (their father is a drug lord who orders the massacre of families)
>kills them anyway
>>
>>63881669
got triggered when he didn't kill the maid
>>
File: mike vining.jpg (621 KB, 1280x848) Image search: [Google]
mike vining.jpg
621 KB, 1280x848
>>63859103
Mike?
>>
>>63881499
>Drunken junkie forces studio to cut down his role in a movie so he doesn't have to work.

shocking.
>>
>>63877104
Do you think CIA slept on the plane ride to Uzbekistan?
>>
>>63857242
worst part of the movie...
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 53

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.