[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Maz and Snoke CGI were horrible, also the squid monsters. Took
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: Maz_Kanata.png (547 KB, 500x684) Image search: [Google]
Maz_Kanata.png
547 KB, 500x684
Maz and Snoke CGI were horrible, also the squid monsters. Took me out of the movie. Why didn't Jew-Jew learn from the prequels?

>The RealD 3D was great though.
>>
>>63856301
>people watched it in 3D
plebs
>>
>>63856352
stay mad

it was one of the only redeeming qualities in the flick
>>
File: simpson 1.png (128 KB, 427x315) Image search: [Google]
simpson 1.png
128 KB, 427x315
>>63856301
>1999
>movie has cgi
>"How shitty. Fuck you Lucas."
>2015
>has cgi
>"That's cool! J.J. is brilliant"
Why are Starfags the worst?
>>
>>63856792

JJ only uses it when its absolutely necessary (non-humanoid aliens who move around a lot) not in literally every single frame of the movie like the prequels
>>
>>63856792
it's a cultural phenomena that makes them feel a part of community
>>
>>63856840
every loves muppet yoda

why could paz be a muppet with modern technology instead of a blob of disgusting cgi?

why did snoke have to be cgi? he's a humanoid
>>
>>63856840
Yoda moved around alot in the old trilogy, and was the same size of Maz
There is no excuse
>>
>>63856902
>why did snoke have to be cgi? he's a humanoid

This one is a good question

could easily be done practical
>>
>>63857172
Smoke was a hologram. Might not be what he actually looks like
>>
>>63857351
james cameron did a huge fucking queen alien in practical effects that still stands the test of time and looks real because it was real

snoke looks like a cheap iphone game
>>
>>63856301
Maz sucked but who cares, minor character. Snoke was meh. Although it he's actually huge in reality all will be forgiven. Squids though, were fucking cash.
>>
>>63857446
except they played for comic relief and never felt dangerous
>>
>>63857425
>james cameron did a huge fucking queen alien in practical effects that still stands the test of time and looks real because it was real
>1986

1986+29
Good luck trying anything close to that again, the shops are all gone and so is Winston (RIP)
>>
>>63857552
>1986+29
>Good luck trying anything close to that again, the shops are all gone and so is Winston (RIP)
we need a new generation of practical masters
>>
>>63857519
Sure. They we're just big slimy distractions. It felt appropriate to me. They were more Mynocks than Rancors.
>>
>>63857640
the only part i didn't like is han solo at his age throwing a man into the monster's mouth

so badly done, even fin couldn't do that. maybe chewie
>>
>>63857700
Fair enough.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.