[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>movie takes place on a desert planet >not tatooine Why
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2
File: nottatooine.jpg (113 KB, 750x423) Image search: [Google]
nottatooine.jpg
113 KB, 750x423
>movie takes place on a desert planet
>not tatooine

Why did they do this? If they didn't want to use Tatooine for the third time why did they pick another desert planet exactly like it?
>>
>>63855943
They tried way too many times to try a bait and switch to make it look like it was possible that Rey won't be Luke 2.0, but is actually a double bait and switch

Like her little scavenger outfit is a torn up jedi robe basically
>>
>>63855943
Is that a new robot?

It's a rehash. There's nothing new. I'm no
>>
>>63855943
Oh please.

Yes please.

Because we definitely need ANOTHER FUCKING STAR WARS THREAD!!!!
>>
>>63856496
Kill yourself. This board is /sw/ now.
>>
>>63856496
Just go see the movie so you can join in on the fun too. Complaining about it isn't going to make it go away.
>>
It's not Star Wars if you dont rip off Dune
>>
>>63855943
they tried way to hard to be as close as possible to the original Star Wars series.
>>
>>63855943
>desert planet
>no plants
how do they breathe
>>
>>63856710
They don't actually breathe in Star Wars. Just like how they don't actually wear undies.
>>
>>63855943
because they needed a way for the first order to exist so it's set in the outer rim
>>
>>63856879
they would have made the planet a jungle or something else instead of another Tatooine copy

It shows how unoriginal they are
>>
Because only chosen ones can grow up on desert planets. The Force wills it.
>>
Because Abrams wanted to remake Episode 4.

That's the only reason.

It's why this movie doesn't make any sense. There's a resistance vs First Order but the Republic is supposed to be in charge now but isn't even around.
>>
>>63856710

They don't shower either nor drink water
>>
>>63856946

its called poetery actually, plebs dont understand it
>>
>>63856669

Tbh the overblown prequel hate is what caused this. Just because the movies themselves weren't that great people refuse to acknowledge anything good from them, and as a result they are totally avoiding using any elements from them that worked. It's the same reason there is no Clone Wars in the new Battlefront game. JJ basically crammed all the OT shit into TFA and said "hey look! TIE fighters and X-wings! What you wanted new ships? What are you George Lucas? Look stormtroopers! Look the Empire again! Oh you wanted a new evil faction? No that won't do, first you start with an original idea and next thing you know Jar Jar is a Sith Lord!"

Basically exaggerated prequel hate led to this rehash bullshit.
>>
>>63858410
bitch please stop defend this blant copy
>>
>>63858549
totally agree
>>
>>63855943
This gives them a way to destroy Jakku later in the trilogy without pissing off fanbois and destroying Tatooine.
>>
>>63858610
it wouldn't surprise me
>>
>>63855943
>from some desert shithole planet in the outer rim.
>has corusanti accent

fucking reeeee
>>
>>63858375
Someone made a post in another thread that the Republic has been largely downsized and only a small part of them are supporting the resistance.
>>
>>63858728
the Empire/New Order is still a threat so why would they do that?
>>
WHY DO I HAVE QUESTIONS FOR /tv/ AT ALL?

How the fuck did they make a movie and take every single plot point and hide it from the audience?
>We'll get to it later!
Why did they even make this movie? Nothing happened. Just very basic exposition. NO character development, no insight. Nothing connected this to the other movies in real terms other than superficial scenes where we, again, have to GUESS what happened in the past.

They will spend 30 minutes in the next movie explaining this shit, and that's where it should have started.

TFA should have been called:
"HEY GUYS, remember STAR WARS? LIKE CHEWY AND HAN LOL"
>>
>>63856710
I think the planet is supposed to be covered in microscopic photosynthetic organisms.
>>
>>63859008
I don't remember that in the movie
>>
>>63855943
glibs facsimile :^)
>>
>>63858549

They didn't completely avoid the prequels because we still have an angsty Anakin clone for some reason.
>>
File: 1355627295241.jpg (28 KB, 429x399) Image search: [Google]
1355627295241.jpg
28 KB, 429x399
>>63858666
This bothered me too. Also Finn should have had an accent but didn't, even though he's British already.
>>
>>63858549
This. I always knew that's why the clone wars weren't in the new battlefront. I was actually pretty excited for this movie because i thought it would be the first thing that takes place after EP 6 to acknowledge the prequels and i was wrong as hell. They even call anakin's light saber luke's even though he didn't even own it the majority of his time being a jedi.
>>
>>63858982

It's not about telling a story. It's about cramming as much CGI action sequences for the fanboys and geekchic SJWs and stretching it out like Dragonball Z until its no longer profitable.
>>
>>63856496
Once everyone agrees that is was shit we can stop.
>>
>>63859304
this
>>
>>63855943
BACK TO FORMULA?
>>
>>63855943
>Why did they do this? If they didn't want to use Tatooine for the third time why did they pick another desert planet exactly like it?
because jews have no creativity -- they only move in others' innovation and usurp it

>palestinian settlements
>>
>>63859008
eh, good enough
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.