[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where there any references to the prequels in TFA? I don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 1
File: 1-prequels.jpg (166 KB, 1417x700) Image search: [Google]
1-prequels.jpg
166 KB, 1417x700
Where there any references to the prequels in TFA? I don't mean shit like fucking Sebulba's emblem on Maz's building, I mean planets or aliens or anything alluding that they exist
>>
The prequels are non-canon
>>
>>63855625
Ewan voiced Obi Wan in TFA
>>
>>63855669
wait when did they mention obi wan?
>>
>>63856201
When she touches the saber, it does a flashback thing and McGregor says "REY"
>>
Luke has the high ground at the end.
>>
>>63855607
the only times they come close are when they mention the Sith once and suggest making clone troopers. that's it
>>
>>63855669
Yea, and he did a fine Alec Guinness impression.
>>
Hux mentions bringing back a clone army and Maz briefly mentions the Sith (but implies they were no big deal), that's all
>>
>>63856288
Kek
>>
>>63855607
the Sith are mentioned
>>
>>63855607
>text on bottom
>reddish area in middle
>sun flare on top
Why are all the posters exactly the same
>>
>>63856452
Kylo mentions the clone army, because it's Hux' family that created the First Order idea of indoctrinate from birth.
>>
>>63855607
RLM was dead-on, there are no references to the prequel movies at all. They are pretty much pretending they didn't happen and rightfully so.

The prequels shouldn't even be mentioned in the same room as this one. It was a hundred times better than all of them combined
>>
Coruscant gets blown up by the Death Star.
>>
>>63856689
It wasn't fucking Coruscant, it was Hosnian Prime.
>>
>>63855607
During the scene with Maz talking about the Force, I was honestly waiting to see if they would bring up Midochlorians, but she sounded more like classic Yoda and I actually felt a feeling in my heart

I hope they just retcon that retarded deus ex shit from existence
>>
>>63856530
It's sort of like poetry, they rhyme - each stanza rhymes with the other one.
>>
>>63855607
They mentioned the Sith once, which while a concept Lucas had before the prequels were never mentioned in the original movies.

That was literally it
>>
>>63857563
They didn't even have any alien races that appear in the prequels. Just about every alien in Ep 7 was an original design besides Ackbar and the Space Mexican, which really reduced the sense of the galactic community. Would have loved to have seen some Munn, Chiss, Duro, Gran, etc. characters
>>
In the first scene they mention balancing the force...
>>
>>63856888
And TFA rhymes like dog rhymes with dog.
>>
>>63857647
admiral ackbar looked hilariously out of place but i thought it was cute they included him.
>>
The first line spoken is, "This will begin to make things right."
>>
>>63856530
the prequels were all first draft scripts and they all ended up being different shades of beige
>>
>>63856452

Sith isn't 100% prequel reference, it was in the books before prequels and in the script for the originals.
>>
>>63857647

Tito or w/e on jakku was the sane race as one of the pod racers
>>
>>63858707
Isn't... Vader a Sith Lord?
>>
There are some B1 battle droids and Droidekas in the junk yard.
>>
>>63857960
Was it actually Ackbar? He looked lower rank and that makes no sense.

>>63857647
This bothers me. Say what you will about the prequels as movies but they did wonders for expanding the lore and most of those races are really cool.
>>
>>63858735
The word "Sith" was never uttered on screen before Phantom Menance
>>
>>63855607
Coruscant shows up for a moment when it gets blown up
>>
>>63858819

No, but neither was Corsucant and that was an invention of Timothy Zahn. The Sith were in scripts and books already, heck they've been around in various forms for thousands of years.
>>
>>63856534
It's not that, it's that they don't matter to the new movies. These are a continuation of 4-6, not 1-3
>>
>>63858818
Maybe in the next movies. This was a foothold film, something to begin the new descent into the SW universe.

Introduces the main crew and primary villain, giving them all interactions together and even letting a Stormtrooper wield Luke's lightsaber.

The old actors got their cameos, although it will probably just be Luke who sticks around (Ford gave a great performance but I bet killing off Solo was his suggestion so he could finally put this chapter of his career to rest for good)
>>
>>63858863
That's Hosnian Prime.
>>
>>63858734
>This guy whose name I don't remember was one of more than a dozen races from the pod race
thanks for clarifying buddy
>>
>>63855607

They literally blew up Courusceant.
>>
>>63859150
HOSNIAN PRIME
>>
>>63859203
I can't fucking hear that name without thinking of Nova Prime
>>
>>63858977
>>63859203

Shut the fuck up you dweebs. Nobody gives a shit about your video games or comics or novels. It's the fucking senate planet from the prequels. Get over it.
>>
>>63859287
They literally said the name multiple times in the movie.

I have read no books or played any video games
>>
>>63859287
But it's literally not.
>>
They blow up Coruscant and Kylo Ren is basically Anakin Skywalker as Darth Vader. I mean, moreso than he was before. You know what I mean.
>>
>>63856534
As bad as the prequels were, the lore (midichlorians excluded, which Clone Wars gave a better explanation for that wasn't so retarded) and general plot were very strong.

Both Clone Wars TV shows have already proven that there are a lot of cool stories to tell in the Old Republic, it's just that the prequels presented everything in a terrible fashion
>>
So which prequel character do you think will make an appearance in VII/IX?
>>
>>63859444
sand
>>
>>63859444
le jar jar meme

In all honesty, I doubt any. I just want some races/planets
>>
>>63859287
I don't think Hosnian Prime even existed for any video games, comics or books. It was literally invented just for The Force Awakens.

Which is dumb. It should have been Coruscant.
>>
>>63859444

Jar Jar, not as in le ebin sith just normal goofy Jar Jar
>>
>>63859554
Coruscant is too important for the series, it has the Jedi Temple/Imperial Palace.
>>
Is there a reason the Republic couldn't fight against the First Order actively?

I know there was the resistance, but that's a measly rag tag band compared to the entire Republic fleet. What the fuck happened between the last movie and this one?

Is this happening so far away that they can't afford to send lots of help. But Leia's presence implies it'a not so far away. Or are the just pretending the prequels never existed and that the republic was never a big galaxy spanning force?
>>
>>63859554
I will bet you anything that JewJew WANTED it to be Coruscant but Disney told him no way. There's no way in hell Disney's going to let him blow up a planet as important as Coruscant. They need it as a setting for future cartoons and video games.
>>
>>63859685
It's a little stupid that we're even having this discussion. The film makers must have seen all this speculation coming, yet they did nothing to tell us what planet that was.
>>
>>63859554
I would be pissed if they blew up Coruscant in a manner as unspectacular as that. I hope we see Coruscant in the rest of the trilogy.
>>
>>63859720
They had General Hux say Hosnian System and Hosnian Prime over and over
>>
>>63859636
There is no reason. Anyone who tries to theorycraft a way out is unfamiliar with Abram's work. He seriously does not think about the big picture in his movies, ever.
>>
>>63856530
I think the idea is to give them an"era look", kind of like how 50s movies posters have a distinct look, especially those old horror movies. By them having a similar style they look like they are all linked to a certain era in time.

Also it's a common look for story/fairy tail book covers, so gives the impression the prequels are a story of the past, not current events
>>
>>63859685
>>63859720
I wouldn't be surprised if it was really meant to be Coruscant. He destroyed Romulus in the Star Trek universe, then Vulcan in the Abramsverse. I'm actually glad someone convinced him to not destroy a planet that's important to the series.
>>
>>63859843
>convinced

More like straight-up told him no. I bet in his own mind he thinks the movie would have been better by blowing up Coruscant.
>>
>>63859444
Wouldn't mind Geonosis again, or even Naboo minus the gungans, that's it really.
>>
>>63858818
In the credits it said Ackbar
>>
>>63859444
I'd like some podracing
>>
>>63860050
Maybe we can have a scene that takes place at a podracing arena? It wouldn't have to be the focus of the scene, but it could be going on in the background. Like maybe they have to track down a gambler.
>>
>>63856452
>Maz briefly mentions the Sith (but implies they were no big deal)
I grinned when she said that.
Prequels BTFO
>>
>>63859444
honestly obi wan in a flashback wouldn't be that bad
>>
>>63859404
>As bad as the prequels were, the lore and general plot were very strong.
No.
>Both Clone Wars TV shows have already proven that there are a lot of cool stories to tell in the Old Republic,
Clone Wars was only good because of Ashoka, which isn't a prequel character.
>>
>>63860091
I think that would be pretty cool.
>>
The prequels were never going to be as good as the original trilogy, but I think people blow out of proportion how bad they think they were.
They weren't THAT bad, not enough to hate them, at least not for me.
Jar Jar stuff aside, I think there were worse scenes in the special editions of the original trilogy, you know, like that horrid musical number in Jabbas palace in ROTJ.
>>
>>63858818
>Was it actually Ackbar? He looked lower rank and that makes no sense.

I knew it was him but that it was weird that he looked so low rank as well.

Like, shouldn't that nigga be the space equivalent of secretary of defense by now?
>>
>>63860392
YUB NUB
>>
>>63860392
>people blow out of proportion how bad they think they were.
No we don't.
It's people who haven't seen them often who think they weren't so bad.
>>
>>63860423
How do you know his rank?
>>
>>63860276
Yep, your opinion is right. No else's is. Good job, anon.
>>
>>63856534
Then if they are going to go full OT dicksucking. I'd love a PT sickening old republic trilogy
>>
>>63858819
What's wrong with sith?
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.