[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How the fucking did she know EVERYTHING? She honestly knew EVERYTHING.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 20
File: ReyHS-Fathead.png (351 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
ReyHS-Fathead.png
351 KB, 450x600
How the fucking did she know EVERYTHING? She honestly knew EVERYTHING.
>>
>>63852682
strong independent womyn
>>
MARY
SUE
>>
high midichlorian count
>>
>>63852682
She was brainwashed at some point and implanted with false memories. When she touched the lightsaber, she was remembering her past.
>>
>>63852682
https://youtu.be/9wfpXI5PKlw
>>
She's Darth Revan.
>>
>>63852682
she read the script
>>
>>63852815
Is this a new force power? Now I know why it's called the Force Awakens.
>>
File: image.jpg (68 KB, 850x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68 KB, 850x250
LALALAaaa LALALALALA Laaaaa
>>
You know a woman's instinct is powerthing you know.
>>
>>63852682
You can never hide things from a woman, anon. That's how.

Even Han Solo said that.

Now stop being a shitlord you check your priviledge.
>>
>>63852682

She must have been trained, then brainwashed and given fake memories. There's really no other explanation for her being able to do all of these things without knowing how she can do them. Luke will probably confess to doing it in the next movie.
>>
>>63853450
So Darth Revan?
>>
what did she know?
how to swing a saber?
>>
Special tard powers
>>
>>63853483

Not exactly, since Revan was the main villain before his brainwashing. I'm saying that Rey was probably just a very talented jedi apprentice.
>>
>>63852682
Midi-chlorians. She can see parts of the future and past. One of the powers given by the Midi-chlorians.
>>
>>63853564
>Tinysuperheroes
wew
>>
>>63852682
She read Kylo's mind
>>
the idea of a nudist or naturist jedi really intrigues me

like a jedi who forgoes all possessions even their robes and lightsaber

i really think rey could have excelled in this role
>>
>>63852772
This, you autists
>>
She was a padawan when she was a child
>>
>>63852772
>Lightsabers now give flashbacks,
Nice to see JJ respects lore.
>>
>>63852682
Ren tried to read her mind, but she is a Skywalker so she read all his thoughts too and learned mind tricks exist.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 5312x2988
>>63853855
Yeah, where was Luke's flashback to the Clone Wars? We could've been spared all of Guinness's dialogue.
>>
>>63853855
Well, your an idiot.
>>
>>63852682
she lived alone on a desolate planet for years as a salvager, in a universe where flying is as common as driving.

Also, non of the new characters were given backstories.
>>
>>63853450
Or it could be bad storytelling.
>>
>>63852682
rey is a cute. CUTE
expecially how she runs was p cute
shame shes gonna get BLACKED
>>
>>63854052
>ywn get a force-handjob from rey
>>
>>63853632

Maybe she started turning to the Dark Side and Luke mind-wiped her to prevent it?
>>
>>63854081
>i will never cuddle up with rey after a long day of scavenging
>>
>>63852781
I will fucking splurge out if that's true. Loved KotOR.
>Rey
>Revan
>>
Because it's Star Wars. It's entertaining popcorn stuff, always has been. You neckbeards who dissect this shit are almost as bad as the ones who worship it.

Enjoy it, it's a couple hours to get away see some great special effects and enjoy a nice story. Don't make it more than that.
>>
>>63854211
your retarded nigga
all the revan shit is non canon now
>>
>>63852682

What exactly did she know? How to swing a lightstick around? To resist and inadvertently "push back" against some force fuckery? To give that Jedi-mind-trick she's probably heard about a try?

Force training isn't some fucking technical skill. Obi-Wan gave no more instruction than "stretch out with your feelings!" and then Luke could "almost see the remote" with covered eyes.
>>
File: 1446312828985.png (1017 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1446312828985.png
1017 KB, 1024x768
How did she immediately know Mind Trick if she didn't put any points into the attribute?
>>
File: neckbeard-fedora.png (377 KB, 594x422) Image search: [Google]
neckbeard-fedora.png
377 KB, 594x422
>>63854275
I want you to know that I've been on 4chan for a long time, I have absolutely no life and browse 4chan every single fucking day and I have never once posted a Fedora image.

Congratulations anon, you really deserve it because it must take a really cool person to not be interested in something and converse with other people about it, because that shit is for plebs.
>>
JJ Abrams is a shit director that puts plotholes into his movies the size of the Mariana trench.

Star Wars also had blaring plotholes and inconsistencies.
>>
>>63854507
Lmao loser
>>
>>63852682
The Force.

You can tell during sometimes even she herself didn't know what she was doing.

Sort of like how Luke had an affinity towards piloting despite never having piloted shit in his life.
>>
>>63854275
The first two worked though.
>>
>>63852754
So was Anakin (higher than Yoda) & that nigger still needed tons of training.

This movie is a cash grab & SJW propaganda. You faggots all fell for it.
>>
she read wikipedia
>>
>>63854276
Too bad. Revan's character arc is only interesting thing to come out of star wars
>>
>>63854342
She is the GM's girlfriend.
>>
>>63854527

that's not a plot-hole, that's just overpowered character writing. Most of the force stuff she does is pretty explanatory that she's just some savant. Problem is it isn't satisfying to know she overcame the odds by just being gud instead of gitting gud.
>>
>>63855013
>She was some kind of savant
>Implying Anakin wasn't instilled with the Force more than anyone else ever
>Still needed training

Stop making excuses for this trash.
>>
File: 1450227666981.jpg (12 KB, 331x334) Image search: [Google]
1450227666981.jpg
12 KB, 331x334
>>63853905
>I'll try minding, that's a good trick
Really, JJ?
>>
>>63854276
>implying this star map shit isn't lifted from KotOR shamelessly
>>
>comes from desert planet
>wearing light weight clothing in the snow
>Chewy gives the winter jacket to Han
>>
>Autist complain about lack of mystery in TFA compared to OT
>Autist given mystery in the form of Rey being able to use the force
>Autist confuse a plot point that will obviously arch over multiple movies, and label it as bad story telling.
>>
>>63854111
That's actually not a ridiculous notion.
>>
She doesn't even do that much cool shit. She flys the falcon, repairs it, deflects a wannabe sith lords mind fuck, does the Jedi mind trick, force grabs and fights the wannabe sith who's hurt already.

Shes been a hermit scavenger surviving on a shitty planet by herself so she knows star wars tech. The force only comes to her when she touches the saber and she opens her mind to accept it. All this is conveyed in the movie.
>>
>>63855564
>Anime style power up in the middle of a fight is mistery
>>
The same thing happen with Skywalker.

He at most had 2-3 years of Jedi training under Yoda and STILL managed to go toe-to-toe with Vader (who at this point had gone from training under both Obi-wan AND Sheev )in ROTJ going so far as to subdue him.

The whole "Complete amatuer defeats master" trope is not new to Star Wars, the only reason you all are crying >MUH MARY SUE is because of your Sexism and sexual frustration.
>>
>>63855721
>The Force only comes to her when she touches the saber

That's the problem, since when this stuff happens in Star Wars? Why Luke doesn't become badass when he touches Anakin's saber?
>>
>>63852682
BECAUSE SHE'S A STRONG WOMAN WHO DON'T NEED NO MAN
>>
>>63854527
>JJ Abrams is a shit director
This
>N-no i-its actually a a good movie!!
>Thats n-not a a plothole!!! I-Its the force!!
>>
>>63855721
>Jedi mind tricks are something that can be learned passively while strapped in a prisoner's chambers, in a disoriented and fevered state
oh u

>>63855801
>2-3 years of Jedi training under Yoda, the best known teacher, is the same as what I described in the above quote
oh
u
>>
>>63854573
>Luke had an affinity towards piloting despite never having piloted shit in his life.
He spent most of his life piloting speeders.
>>
>>63855839
It is now that it's written that way in the movie. EU had artifacts that were strong in the force. Its a mysterious plot point like Obiwan somehow disappearing and then talking to Luke during the death star run.
>>
>>63855915
Shes just told by han solo that the force is very real, she just had a force awakening of sorts with the saber, and she just got her mind penetrated by a force user. It seems like a pretty reasonable thing to try to do within the movie.
>>
>>63852682
because she's a WOMAN
the LIBERAL MEDIA is pushing a FEMINIST AGENDA to have you believe WOMEN are ALWAYS in CONTROL
>>
>>63856291
>she's just told by Han Solo that the force is very real
So what?
>she just had a force awakening of sorts with the saber
So what?
>she just got her mind penetrated by a force user
So what?

All of those considered, one doesn't become adept with the force that fast. It's one thing to be force sensitive and have vaguely, aimlessly wield it occasionally.

It's another thing entirely to out-force a Sith apprentice with of training, and to fucking use mind-tricks on a Stormtrooper.
>>
>>63856291
So she is Anakin in episode 1
>"I'll try spinning. That's a good trick!"
>>
>>63852772

>tfw she's literally female Revan
>>
>>63856480
She realizes the force is real, she experiences something involving it her, and then she has it used against her. Its not a big jump to have her think she could try to use it to help herself out.
>>63856493
Eh maybe? I don't think Anakin really knew what the fuck was going on in episode 1. This is more like someone discovering they can do something new all of a sudden and pushing it to its limits.
>>
>>63856480
>one doesn't become adept with the force that fast
I dunno, Luke got attuned with the Force pretty quickly to blow up the first death star in his X-Wing.

I doubt the Jedi Mind Trick is even something high level. Seems more like a parlour trick than anything.
>>
>>63857008
>Its not a big jump
Yes, it is.

You people are beyond reason.
>>
>>63857090
Luke's growth was accelerated because Obi Wan helped him.

>influencing inanimate objects around you less challenging than mind-raping a sober, healthy mind
>>
>>63857095
Have fun being mad at every new piece of star wars lore that comes out.
>>
A couple of things to note

They wouldn't waste von Sydow on a bit role. It is likely that as we find out more about Rey it turns out he played a part in her hiding on Jakku.

Her accent is so strong it can't be ignored. Either she switches to "normal" talking when her memories return or she was raised in an imperial environment before the memory wipe.

When Luke sees her he doesn't merely turn or even greet her, he throws down his robes as if he's preparing for an attack. His expression is also not one of joy. That's because he doesn't know if she's coming as a friend or foe.

Since Kylo raided the jedi academy he'd know her from then, regardless of their age now. So it seems she wasn't trained there but comes from a different environment.

My guess is that she will get more and more powerful as the story progresses and turn to the dark side while Kylo will waver in his dedication to Snoke and turn to the light.
>>
>>63852682
say whatever you want about Rey but that scene where she was eating her portions alone under the shame of that destroyed walker was cute as fuck, she looked cute as fuck, i wanted to go, hug her and give her more water and portions.

i fucking fell in love with her there.... then the rest of the movie happened and well... eh
>>
>>63852772
Oh. Now I feel like an idiot. Of course, she was one of Luke's trainees.
>>
>>63854276
Only reason they wiped out Revan is because they are going to reuse his story post OT.
>>
Better question, how did TR-8R find Finn?
>>
>>63852682
She didn't know anything about the resistance tho
>>
>>63852815
This is actually one of my issues too, after watching it tonight, seemed like everyone just knew where every character was, whenever it was convenient. They all had "Main Character Magnetism", like they all gravitate back together at once when separated
>>
>>63857388

he instinctively hones in on traitors
>>
>>63857503
"The will of the force" brought them together
>>
>>63853450
She seems a bit too young and obscure for that to be true.
>>
>>63857182
I'd hardly call most storm troopers to have a healthy mind when they were brainwashed to be subservient by nature.
>>
>>63855912
But it's true
>>
>>63853910
I never understood this fucking map. You go in a straight line through space to get to Luke's planet. Fucking dumb. Han dies.
>>
>>63857568
The Will of the Force is a meta term for "the script needs them all to be in scenes together"
>>
>>63857610
The way they were talking about how they couldn't fit it on any known map made me think it was in an obscure and fringe part of the galaxy.

Then R2D2 just pops in with the rest of the map.

Like, what the fuck?
>>
>>63854052
she is a serious qt...
yeah real shame shes gonna get her cherry popped by the BBC
>>
>>63854275
The story isn't nice though
>>
>>63857652
In star wars, space travel is done through hyperspace routes. You can do hyperspace without going on a route, but it's really dangerous, because you're probably going to run into a planet or sun.

A big part of exploration is finding a hyperspace route that's safe.

An uncharted system is simply one that hasn't been explored yet through a safe hyperspace route. The map they had was the safe route needed to find luke.
>>
>>63852682
>she knew how to repair stuff
>spent life inside of vehicles working with all parts
>implying it's hard to be educated on common stories about heroes of the past

ok
>>
>>63857503
wow, it's just like every other star wars movie
>>
>>63855915
Luke defeated Vader after 2 years of training and war. Rey already defeated Kylo after no training. Anakin had to go through 12 years of constant training and war to finally kill Dooku. Say what you will about the prequels but at least they had power scaling going for them.
>>
>>63852772
How did I never think this, man I feel like an idiot. What was the chronological order though, because we say her as a baby or a toddler, when was she trained? Or was the baby thing a false memory
>>
>>63857673
idk can't count luke out of that contest
>>
>>63854052

She will not be blacked. She will fall in love with Kylo Ren
>>
>>63857848
*saw
>>
>>63857735
The nerd has been identified. Prepare to terminate.
>>
>>63857866
INCEST
how TOLERANT and PROGRESSIVE
>>
>>63853632
Shit, mang. Wasn't she left at Jakku when she was just a wee child? That's one very talented kid.
>>
>>63857894

her parents will turn out to be Leia and Luke
>>
>>63857945
shes skywalker so not surprising.really
>>
I went and watched it a second time, going into it with the notion that she might be a Mary Sue and was trying to judge whether this was true or not. She does exhibit some flaws.

Like she has to fake confidence with Finn in saying she can pilot the Falcon, and there is a brief moment where there's a bit of tension because she's dragging the damn ship along the ground and bumping into things, but she did catch onto the ship's controls pretty quickly. I can accept that she is technically proficient because she's a scavenger and actually needs to know what to look for in order to survive off of scavenging, plus she knows how to drive a speeder. She also seems to know things about the Falcon due to it being parked right outside her job's outpost for years. Does that equate to innate piloting skills? Maybe, but I would say she wouldn't be as good as she ended up being. (cont)
>>
>>63852682
She knew the whole mechanic stuff because she was a scavenger and a mechanic.

I don't mind her being good at piloting ships. After all, Luke was great at it in ANH, and Anakin, being a little child, destroyed an entire Federation Spaceship in TPM with just saying Now this is Podracing.

I pass the whole Lightsaber shit because Finn was also good at it without using the force, and Rey already knew how to defend herself with that stick she had at the beginning of the film. I guess she learned to fight well because she lives in a planet where you can get robbed all the time.

But the fucking mind trick is what triggers me
>>
>>63857610
android explains its in uncharted region of space hence map to find needle in haystack
>>
>>63858009
>(cont)

fuck off and die
>>
>>63857945

Yoda was training younglings to use the force and fight with lightsabers, probably even easier if they start you young.
>>
>>63858009

And her use of the Force. Luke and the Force appears to have become a widely known legend throughout the galaxy, whereas 30 years ago it was merely an ancient religion not to be taken seriously. While the public's level of knowledge of the Force is unknown, it seems like they know SOMETHING about it.

Which brings us to Rey. She meets Finn who confirms the existence of Luke Skywalker, a myth she's heard about. She meets Han Solo who confirms that the Jedi and the Force are all very real. She meets Maz who establishes a connection between Rey and the Force, perhaps even Rey and Luke. Then she meets Kylo Ren, an overemotional Force user, who she is somehow able to end up blocking and pull a little bit out of.

Given that the Force is a legend amongst the galaxy, I would assert that it's possible that she's heard about the kinds of things Force users can do and, given that she recently learned she has some kind of connection to the Force, attempted to try things. This is backed up when she tries the Jedi mind trick on the Stormtrooper and it doesn't work the first couple of times. The third time she appears to calm herself a little more and concentrate and it works.

Then later she out-force pulls Kylo Ren, the somewhat experienced and trained force user. As we saw in Return of the Jedi, hate and anger can be a powerful ally. Darth Vader claimed he would make Leia turn to the dark side and Luke got pissed. Luke then quickly overpowers and defeats Vader. Rey just watched Han Solo die and Finn get incapacitated, possibly killed. She is naturally overly emotional in this moment.

And because as the movie established earlier in the movie, she is skilled in combat. So she takes on Kylo Ren and appears to be evenly matched with him until he starts making mistakes. Kylo Ren lost that fight not because Rey was better, but because he fucked up. (cont)
>>
>>63857848
She looked like six or seven. Remember proper force training starts EARLY.
>>
>>63858061

I would say that her innate talent to do things DOES go a little too far. She does seem too skilled for how little experience she has with what she does. There is some plausibility for her to be moderately okay at what she does, but being wholly proficient? Nah. I wouldn't say she's a full blown Sue, but definitely a little bit.

>>63858039

Nah.
>>
>>63858051
I bet the younglings could defeat Kylo Ren in a Force struggle.
>>
>>63853757
I like this post
>>
File: 1415516628190.jpg (45 KB, 437x471) Image search: [Google]
1415516628190.jpg
45 KB, 437x471
are there any leaks of her wearing the helmet yet?

this is incredibly important
>>
>>63858094
Yeah but she looked alone, was she getting trained then?
>>
All you faggots forget that she accidentally released the monsters on Han's ship. She has flaws and makes mistakes, idiots. She's NOT a Mary Sue.
>>
>>63858061
The problem isn't that you can somehow find a way justify what she can do. The problem is that the plot is practically engineered to enable her to get out of any situation.>>63858255
>>
>>63858226
Trained in the ways of using her cunny to get extra rations, sure.
>>
>>63858115
I think we need to wait until the 2nd maybe 3rd movie to see where it goes with her. It's entirely possible her backstory is tied directly to training with Luke.
>>
>>63852682
psst

>it's a movie asshole
>>
>>63858255
It's not that she isn't perfect, what I don't like is that she manages to solver every problem quickly and efficiency, and that even if she does ostensibly fail, the consequences are far less severe then for other characters
>>
>>63857837
Kylo is not comparable to Vader at all.

Kylo is like 1/10th of what Vader is.
>>
>>63852682
just like anakin skywalker, why don't you make some threads about that
>>
>>63858226
Prior. She was abandoned when Luke went hermit mode.
>>
>>63857735
NEEEEEEEEERD

but honestly though, interesting stuff. I thought Hyperspace travels in Star Wars only go straight, like, passing through all objects until you get to the destination point, but it has a route.
>>
>>63854507
shit's gettin real now lads
>>
>>63852682
instead of that retard staff she never uses ever, they could've shown her being proficient with a one-handed blade of some kind, like a machete or whatever, to explain why she can do crazy shit with a lightsaber against a super-Sith dude
>>
>>63858343
I get what you're saying. I think people wanted a situation to happen to Rey that was equivalent to Anakin's arm being chopped off by Dooku, or Luke's hand getting cut off -- basically where she would be incapacitated for a while.
>>
>>63858372
Thanks man, that gives me some huge clarity. I guess /tv/ isnt a huge shit hole
Nah its still a pretty big shit hole
>>
>>63857735
Interesting.
But I thought they couldn't match the small map that BBYB had to any known map? Nothing you said explains why this isn't possible.
>>
>>63858364
>why don't you make some threads about that
Because it's not true. It's like asking someone to start a thread showing that you're not a cocksucker.
>>
Because

A: It's Star Wars
B: "Awakens" refers to her powers awakening very strongly compared to others since she's a Skywalker so automatically pretty strong, just look at Luke in 5, he held his own vs. Vader before Vader made him cry like a pussy about daddy issues. If you doubt me just stay tuned, Luke or Han will be her father that ditched. I'm leaning towards Luke since he "failed" Kylo and didn't want a repeat so he left her and went to find peace or some shit.
>>
>>63854276
>implying the Starkiller Base isn't based on the Star Forge
>>
>>63858572
closer to centerpoint desu senpai
>>
>>63858529
>left her to find peace
>abandoned on a desert world where she will be molested and raped by big fat aliens
>>
>>63852682
except how to fill out a bra
>>
>>63853450

Except that doesn't seem like something Luke would do, although I guess we don't know the circumstances behind it. Still even if they do explain it with something like the mind wipe theory it's still bad storytelling to pull crap like that. My personal theory is that JJ is just a hack who doesn't understand the lore.
>>
>>63858663
Hey, he was probably drunk and though he was leaving her on Tatooine with Wato.
>>
>>63854211
There were nods to KOTOR.
Force stasis and force terror.

those games were better than the prequels and every fan knows this to be true.
>>
Was Ren just fucking around with Snoke instead of training?
>>
>>63858822
honestly they were better than the originals too
>>
>>63858677
daaaaamn
>>
>>63857735
>space travel is done through hyperspace routes. You can do hyperspace without going on a route, but it's really dangerous
Are you completely sure about this? Because hyperspace seems to get used A LOT pretty spontaneously whenever someone needs to escape serious danger, like a hostile battlecruiser.
>>
>>63858529
What if Kylo and Ren are brother and sister separated like Luke and Princess L? Han is the daddy. She new and acted a lot like him.
>>
>>63854573
> never having piloted...

Holy fuck, if I read this one more god damn time. Just admit you didnt pay attention to the movie
>>
What color do you think her saber will be?
>>
>>63859028
Blue
>>
The only thing that will save her character is a permanent heel turn to the dark side while Kylo becomes a good guy

Also would piss off feminists
>>
>>63854081
Fuck, someone needs to rule 34 that
>>
>>63852772
Oh shit that's pretty good
Though saying that i doubt people in Hollywood are that smart/thoughtful
>>
>>63859123
That was Luke's color...his saber...
>>
>>63854301

Okay so I'm about to neck beard all over you.

Assuming the mind-wipe theory is bullshit, Rey breaks the lore so bad it's not even funny.

Even if there is natural talent and intuition involved in the the Force, there is absolutely a technical aspect. That's why in the Old Republic Jedi were taken as children, because unless you are on the level of somebody like Luke or Anakin you need literally about 20 years of training to even do average level shit like master telekinesis. In the other movies they do a pretty good job of outlining what untrained force sensitives are usually capable of. Typically they show abilities like superhuman reflexes, enhanced intuition, dreaming the future, and some basic telekinetic ability. Things like Rey resisting Kylo's mind probe are plausible (Leia did it with Vader in ANH), as is her piloting of the Falcon. But the Jedi mind trick takes literally years of training to master. There is absolutely no way that she would be able to pull that shit right after hearing about it. As for the lightsaber duel, lightsaber skills have a lot less to do with force powers than actual training. People like Boba Fett and Cad Bane held their own with lightsabers against Vader and Obi-Wan respectively. Obviously Jedi reflexes and shit help, but they are a smaller part of the equation than just swordsmanship. TFA broke this shit by obviously implying that Rey's force talents are what allowed her to beat Kylo. She is losing until she literally thinks about the force for a few seconds and then beats him, which isn't how the force or lightsabers work. Even if we think about Rey's staff skills, it seems like bullshit that a desert scavenger who may have been in a few brawls could go toe to toe with a trained killer who is implied to have killed numerous other Jedi apprentices. Basically Rey is a shitty character that doesn't make any sense and is a big middle finger to the rest of the movies and lore.
>>
I could actually buy her being a decent pilot and mechanic since she has probably been scrapping since she was able and presumably works on space ships for extra money.

The bullshit part is when she utilizes the force that well with no training or knowledge of the force. Hell, she didnt even think the Jedi were real.

Also she has like no significant personality flaws.
>>
I think she is Palpatines granddaughter. She has a lot of the same fighting patterns.
>>
>>63858822
And piecing together a star map
>>
>>63852682
Did you forget about the scene where she watches a recording of herself saying, "Get your ass to D'Qar!"
>>
>>63859266
She is either Sheev's granddaughter or Obi Wan's.
>>
>>63858626
I immediatly was like, nice center point station rip off fagits
>>
>>63858255
even that ends up saving the day
>>
>>63859206

The blue one is Anakin's. Luke's (the one he actually built himself) was green.

Also it just occurred to me that C-3PO and R2 are the only characters to appear in every movie.
>>
>people bitching about Rey being a Mary Sue when she is literally written like Luke in Episode IV, but with tits
>>
>>63859326
>The Force Awakens is my first Star Wars movie
>>
>>63859326
she barely has any tits m8
>>
File: Pucci_after.png (380 KB, 309x466) Image search: [Google]
Pucci_after.png
380 KB, 309x466
>>63857503
Did somebody say gravity?
>>
>>63859226
Couldn't she have used something like battle meditation? Breaking Kylo's morale and improving her confidence. Plus, Kylo was clearly not a master of using his saber yet.
>>
>>63859326
>It's fine if she is a Mary Sue because we had one before
>>
>>63859326

Not really. Luke blew up the Death Star sure, but it was already mentioned that he was an experienced pilot, and having the force help you aim is totally different than mastering mind tricks and beating a trained dark Jedi. Not to mention they made a point of showing Luke's immaturity, and really have him room to grow. Unless they do some twist like the mind wipe stuff I don't really see any room to grow for Rey when she is already mastering the force and flying like a pro.
>>
>>63859406
Back to details. Focus!
>>
>>63859385
Battle Meditation

Are you serious right now

Do you even know what that is.....
>>
>>63852772
That is retarded
if she was at the jedi accademy why the fuck kylo didn t recognise her?
>>
File: tms_10.jpg (58 KB, 137x191) Image search: [Google]
tms_10.jpg
58 KB, 137x191
>>63852682
>How the fucking did she know EVERYTHING? She honestly knew EVERYTHING.
>>
Question:

Why are there no force users that control a bunch of floating lightsaber daggers or some shit with the force instead of hoding a sword?
>>
>>63859325
Obi-wan and Anakin/Vader were in all of them up until now.
>>
>>63859439
>but it was already mentioned that he was an experienced pilot

They did the same with Rey. She knows her shit when it comes to mechanics even with the Force awareness.

Rey's main flaw was just her need to go back to Jakku, she didn't have the threshold experience Luke did with his family being fucking murdered, and she still thought they were going to come back and she didn't have to go on this adventure. It wasn't until she was forced to use her Force abilities to save her life that she accepted her role in this.
>>
Did anyone else catch the imperial march intertwined with her battle music?
>>
This meme is totally off base. She did not know that many things.

>she flew the falcon
After their escape, while talking over each other in their excitement, she tells Finn "I've flown [something] before, but never [something]!". So, she's flown something before. And she still totally sucked. She hit the ground three times, and the side of a wrecked star destroyer once. She forgot to put the shields up, she had no evasive maneuvers, and the only tight turn she did inside the star destroyer involved slamming the controls all the way in one direction at roughly the right time. The only skilled thing she did was get the TIE fighter in those crosshairs with that flip. Not really impressive for someone who's not new to flying.

>she's a skilled mechanic
No shit, she works in a junk yard

>she's skilled at hand to hand combat
She lives by herself in a total shit hole

>she used a Jedi mind trick
She'd heard stories of the Jedi, which she now knows to be true. She knows that she can use the Force, and Maz Kanata had tried to explain to her how to commune with it. Storm Trooper are brainwashed to be subservient, as weak-minded a practice target as you could ask for.

>she won a light saber duel
She spent several minutes losing that duel. Kylo was wearing her down so he could bring her to to Snoke. He was obviously significantly overpowering her the whole time. She only had the upper hand for a few seconds at the end, after taking him by surprise when he thought she was going to surrender.

The only one that confuses me is how she understood Chewbacca.
>>
>>63859512
>even with

Sorry, even WITHOUT the Force awareness.
>>
>>63859226
The effect of Bastila's battle meditation was the improvement of her sides morale and the reduction of the opposing side. They say it right in the game, I don't see why Rey couldn't have used some sort of Jedi focus to overcome Kylo. He was wild and out of control, her focusing herself and controlling her emotions while affecting him seems pretty force to me.
>>
>>63859522

I only caught the big reused themes from the original movies, I need to go back and listen to the soundtrack on its own to hear for myself.
>>
>>63859226
The vision cuts straight from Luke looking sorrowful amongst destruction to Kylo doing his bad shit to Rey being abandoned. I don't know how the mind-wipe theory couldn't be true. The fact that everything is royally fucked if it isn't true just makes it seem more likely.

http://sendvid.com/i0q9ybuc
>>
>>63854921
That shit was 1500 years before the films, anon. Revan's long dead.
>>
>>63859385

Again, these are techniques, not stuff that untrained people can do just because they are force sensitive. And I recognize that Kylo wasn't as skilled as somebody like Vader, but it's clear he had been trained, and given his crazy devotion to Vader it seems pretty obvious that he would have worked hard to improve his skills. I just find him losing to Rey totally unbelievable. Even if I wasn't the nerd I am and didn't realize just how much Rey goes against the lore her beating Kylo is still stupid because they basically use the Force as some Metal Gear nanomachines tier deus-ex machina crap. Admittedly they kind of did that in ANH with the Death Star a little bit, but a) There was no established lore to violate when that came out and b) An experienced pilot using the force to help him aim is totally different than a random desert hobo who may have beaten some dudes with a stick in the past getting the best of a trained killer because "lol the Force".
>>
why cant force users fly?

Why cant they have force armor?
>>
>>63859512
Wanting to go back to Jakku isn't really a character flaw in the same way Kylo's emotional instability or Finn's desperation is. Both Finn and Kylo did immoral things because of their internal conflicts, while Rey still acts in a reasonable and moral manner.

The problem isn't really that all of the things she can do could be possibly justified. Its that the plot seems to be engineered to enable her to have the right skills for any situation. Even when she does fail, she doesn't experience as much consequences as the other characters.
>>
>>63859571
I noticed it. When she started coming into her own and during the battle scenes. Was it just me or did Kylo's hand get severed?
>>
She was one of the Knights of Ren, before she deserted and was mind-wiped by Luke.
>>
>>63859621

I think Luke was definitely trying to reach her (the ocean with an island dream that Kylo gets out of her head), and I think cutting that flashback with remembering her OWN past was part of that. Maybe instead of brainwashing the lightsaber was just a stronger conduit to whatever Luke was trying to send her.
>>
>>63852682
wouldnt she be super strong and also partially telepathic due to her high midichlorian count?
>>
>>63859542

also keep in mind Kylo had been shot in the gut so couldn't fight at full ability

she probably met some wookies at that trading post, would help to learn a lot of languages to sell tat to everyone who goes through there
>>
>>63859665

No, he got a bigass slash across his face. He's going to have a wicked scar in the sequel.
>>
I dunno mang. A rookie being able to meditate in the middle of a battle and straight to victory sounds worse.
>>
power level of over 9000
>>
Kylo would recognize her if she was Lukes daughter and/or a former pupil

Likely that she is related to Obi Wan
>>
>>63859542
Bullshit
she pilot an ancent falcon and with it she outmanuver 2 brand new agile spaceships with professional pilots in them
it was retarded

Bullshit even about the force..if all you need to use the force is to know that it exist..why the fuck build jedi accademy?
Nd don t come up why strong force connection because anakin had to train for years
>>
>>63859743
Obi-Wan was powerful but not THAT powerful. Rey is ridiculously strong. She's either a Skywalker or, as some have suggested, she's related to Sheev. The British/Imperial accent is another clue about this.
>>
>>63859743
kylo DID recognize her
>>
>>63853910
God I cringed so hard at this moment
>>
>>63859724
Good! Maybe he'll spend more time in that mask then...that poor SOB Adam Driver is the homliest mother I've ever seen!!!! Made my stomach churn when he took it off the first time.
>>
How exactly did 20 X-Wings manage to destroy a 1000x larger and more dangerous Death Star?
What was the point of the Rebellion if the Republic is so weak it is completely destroyed by and so much weaker than a remnant of the empire like the First Order?
>>
>>63859777
>Rey is Sheev reincarnated
>left her in Jakku so that Snoke wouldn't be able to regain her Sheev memories
>>
>>63859512

Honestly the mechanics and flying didn't bother me at all. What really bothers me is her beating Kylo and doing the mind trick.

>>63859621

Well I saw it in 3D so I was probably too busy going cross eyed to notice the details in that scene.

>>63859556

Maybe, idk much about battle meditation or how it works but it once again sounds like the kind of thing that takes practice and training to master. Also Kylo being all angry and emotional would have been enhanced his abilities. That's how the Dark Side works, it's all about harnessing rage and passion and strong emotion. The light side is way harder to master because it's all about suppressing emotion and distractions to feel the force, which only makes it more unbelievable that Rey is able to master light side techniques so quickly.
>>
>>63859782

If he did recognize her as a fellow trainee, then he wouldn't have been surprised that she fought him back during him interrogating/torturing her.

He was fucking pissed that a random nerf herder was upstaging him.
>>
>>63859621
So a 5 years old girl is now an experienced pilot, force and lightsaber user...
because 1 year of training is better than the constant training kylo had since a boy...
>>
You think her staff means she'll eventually get a dual, maul styled saber but in blue?
>>
>>63859866
Forced Talent
>>
So if Luke is a myth to her why the fuck did she know about the Jedi mind trick. Almost screamed out loud in the theater
>>
>>63859782
Lol
bullshit
>>
>>63859665
I was fucking waiting for it to get chopped off
>>
>>63859767
>outmanuver
She didn't, though. She floored it and ran into a bunch of stuff and got hit a lot until Finn managed to shoot them both.
>ancient
"not used in years" definitely does not make it "ancient". The Falcon is an extremely high performance machine.

You learn a lot of this in college that you could easily figure out on your own. That doesn't mean that college isn't useful.
>>
Listen fools:

The only way her being so good at so many different things is that she is a clone of The Chosen One. The Chosen One was an Ace Pilot, a Brilliant Engineer and a Cold Blooded Assassin with his light saber. The same light saber that caused Rey to have the force hallucinations, the same one that she was able to pull out of the snow before Ren.

This also sets up a very interesting dynamic between Rey and Ren as we move forward. She is everything he wants to be.

The lame cop out is they are brother and sister twins Luke Leia blah blah blah blah (this is probably what is true)
>>
>>63859904

She thought they were myths. She still heard the stories, and Han confirmed that they're all real.
>>
>>63859904

When I was watching that scene I was repeating "No fucking way" over and over again in my head. Honestly that made me so salty. I was also expecting the lightsaber duel to end with Kylo winning but then the two are saved by Chewy in the Falcon or Poe in his X-wing or something. I was so pissed when she beat him.
>>
>>63859900
Yes if she was so strong ehy she didn t wasted kylo when he went rampage in the accademy?
kylo is anakin grandson

Btw anakin (the most dotated force user in history) had to train for years
>>
>>63860024

I don't mind the fact that they used it, but it would've been nice if it didn't actually work and she had to do something else to get out.
>>
>>63860030

This. Anakin is literally the living embodiment of the Force, and even after over ten years of training he still couldn't get the best of Obi-Wan.
>>
>>63854573
>Sort of like how Luke had an affinity towards piloting despite never having piloted shit in his life.

br8 b8 m8
>>
>>63860030
>most dotated force user
The most what now?
>>
>>63860062

That's what I originally thought they were going to do, it would have been kinda funny too. Kinda like when Qui Gonn tried to do the mind trick on Watto and he was like "Eyyyy I'm a Toydarian mind tricks don't-a work on me! Only money!" *rubs hands and counts sheckels*
>>
>>63859986
The falcon was old even in the original saga ffs
this is 30 years after that

No she didn t outmanuver them...because she wasn t able to avoid any serius damage or allow finn to shoot down one of them with a stuck cannon
because a new imperial spacescip isn t more agile than a fucking huge falcon
>>
>>63860145

It would've put more of an emphasis on her technical skill and quick-thinking rather than being another variation of "THE CHOSEN ONE".
>>
>>63858409
Han says in ANH when they escape Tatooine that he has to calculate the route so they don't fly in to shit like black holes or through stars.
>>
>>63852682
rey is lukes daughter how do you not get this.
>>
File: 1448859381001.png (23 KB, 280x314) Image search: [Google]
1448859381001.png
23 KB, 280x314
>>63859326
>literally written like Luke in Episode IV
All Luke really did in New Hope was help Han blow up some TIE Fighters and blow up the Death Star with some force-assisted aiming. He gets knocked out by tusken raiders, gets bullied in Mos Eisley, STARTS his jedi training and gets his ass saved by Han during the trench run. Not to mention he whines quite a bit and is pretty immature throughout a good portion of the movie. And this isn't getting into all the other times Luke gets his shit kicked in or fails in the other two movies.

Rey's pretty much on her own the entire movie and has little to no issues the whole time.
>>
>>63860096
Gifted
>>
>>63860184

Everybody is thinking this but I just don't want it to be true. Honestly why does everybody have to be related in Star Wars? How inbred is this fucking Galaxy? Having her parents be totally different people opens them up to their own backstory and a lot more possibilities than just having her be Luke's daughter. Although I do kinda like the idea of her being related to Sheev, it would make a little more sense then for Luke to want to wiper her memory if she was displaying an liking for black robes and telling her fellow apprentices that various things would be quite operational when their friends arrived.
>>
>>63860238

Yeah I see that, and I admit that the movie could've done more in show her struggling or being challenged rather than riding the "ass-kicking female hero who don't need no man to take care of her" train so hard. I don't hate her character though, but I agree that she needed some flaws that had actual consequences in the story.
>>
>>63859226
>She is losing until she literally thinks about the force for a few seconds and then beats him, which isn't how the force or lightsabers work.
Until that point, every time their sabers met, hers was knocked away. It was very clear that she didn't have the upper body strength to dual with Kylo, much less the skill. The only reason Kylo didn't defeat her immediately like he did Finn is that he wanted to take her to Snoke in one piece. When she thought about the Force, she was suddenly strong enough to take him off guard, she quickly took advantage of the situation, and it was over in a few seconds. I would rather not have the prequels even considered cannon, but it was established in the prequels (Yoda v Dooku) that a force user can make themselves physically stronger.
>>
>>63855381
>>63858572
I immediately thought they were KOTOR references
>>
>>63860334

I swear to god one of the droids in the background when they were in the bar is a design lifted straight from an NPC in the TOR MMORPG.
>>
>>63860314

>When she thought about the Force, she was suddenly strong enough to take him off guard

Just thinking about the force doesn't make you stronger.

>it was established in the prequels (Yoda v Dooku) that a force user can make themselves physically stronger.

When does that happen? Is there a deleted scene where the two of them beat the shit out of each other with fists? Also even if that is true you are talking about a bonified Jedi Master and Sith Lord in that battle, not some random desert nobody.
>>
>>63859542
This is spot on.

I thought it was cool how Ren kept punching his shot gut to overcome the pain. I also think he was holding back, you can see how he wanted to court her to the dark side. In fact, I don't think he ever had any intention of killing her.

Also, remember that in episode 2, Luke was able to pull the saber in the snow cave. He had no formal training except for dodging blasts with a helmet on in the falcon. Besides, I think the idea is that under moments of great stress or trauma, the force is most evident and powerful, whether for dark or light.
>>
>>63859226
She was beating him because he's an amateur that can't fucking fight
Versus a girl that grew up on a pirate covered inhospitable planet
>>
>>63860184
This is a stupid theory. He would have left her with Leia, or found some parents for her like he and Leia had, or told Leia to, not dump her in a junk yard. Leia, Han, and Kylo all would have recognized her. She's heard the legends of Luke Skywalker, and surely has heard his last name. She was old enough when she was left that she would remember her own last name. Somebody would definitely have figured that shit out.
>>
>>63859542
It's feasible she understood the Wookiee language due to scavenging and being around tons of different aliens.
>>
>>63860432

That doesn't make any sense either. Like, I understand that he isn't as strong as he likes people to believe, but do you really think that somebody who can stop fucking lasers and rape people with his mind is an amateur? The guy even built his own lightsaber, which is something that Jedi don't do until after years of training. He is clearly trained and experienced and should have been able to mop the floor with Rey.
>>
>>63860432
Trained by luke since boy
murder jedi accademy students/teachers

Total newbe
>>
>>63859226
How can you get so much shit wrong and still think you understand Star Wars enough to try to explain it to someone else?

>because unless you are on the level of somebody like Luke or Anakin you need literally about 20 years of training to even do average level shit like master telekinesis
Is this EU bullshit or something you're just making up? Either way Rey is very obviously a Skywalker.

>abilities like superhuman reflexes, enhanced intuition, dreaming the future, and some basic telekinetic ability
Luke also blocks training ball blasts with a lightsaber immediately. Maybe you're counting that as superhuman reflexes or intuition but blindly blocking lasers is some Daredevil shit.

>Leia did it with Vader in ANH
I agree with Rey being able to do resist mind probes makes sense but this shit you're saying about Leia in ANH ain't in no movie anon. So is it a novelization thing or maybe from a comic?

>the Jedi mind trick takes literally years of training to master
Your sample size of one isn't exactly significant and you don't know for long how Luke could do it before you saw him use it on Bib Fortuna. Now it is supposed to be most effective on weak willed people right? She used it on a stormtrooper that in this movie was conditioned since birth to be obedient and unquestioning. I doubt she could have mind tricked Finn for example.

>As for the lightsaber duel, lightsaber skills have a lot less to do with force powers than actual training.
Whatever canon source I know you have for this, do you really think JJ cared about anything non-OT? In those movies saber ability and force power are basically the same. You think Luke could even practice lightsaber fighting? Against who? And don't you say against Yoda cause I'll break your kneecaps.

>People like Boba Fett and Cad Bane held their own with lightsabers against Vader and Obi-Wan
Saber using boba isn't canon, I found a video of Cad Bane holding his own with a lightsaber. https://youtu.be/SoSayqv1TVI?t=79
>>
>>63859639
Fuck it, you're right, it's stupid and it cheapens everything unless we get some kind of revan like backstory in 8.
>>
What if she saw the massacre when she was young and was so horrified that she cut herself off from the force
And she's regaining her powers because she is near force sensitive people.
A la The Exile
This movie has tons of KOTOR references(which is canon btw)
>>
>>63860406
>When does that happen?
When Yoda fights Dooku, I already said that. It was in a hanger in Episode II. Yoda hobbles around with a cane, and is like two and a half feet tall, but during saber fights he can hold his own against anyone and leap dozens of feet into the air doing flips and shit. He is clearly using the force to move his own body in ways that he normally couldn't. Also, all throughout the prequels Jedi are jumping up and down heights much larger than a normal person would be capable of achieving/surviving. We've also seen Jedi use the Force on each other's bodies during saber fights.
>>
What do you think her pussy smells like?
>>
>>63860605
credits and sour blue milk
>>
File: 1445356130305.jpg (37 KB, 500x480) Image search: [Google]
1445356130305.jpg
37 KB, 500x480
>>63859841
>based sheev fries the shit out of Fin in her brief heel turn to the dark side
>>
>>63860533
>This movie has tons of KOTOR references(which is canon btw)

Wait what? I thought everything that wasn't the movies was out the window?
>>
>>63860605
The Force
>>
>>63860605
mon-calamari
>>
>>63860605

quarter portions
>>
>>63860648
Oh sorry I misspoke
I thought they said TOR was canon
Meaning by association KOTOR must be.
They really are greedy cunts
>>
>>63860513

>Is this EU bullshit or something you're just making up? Either way Rey is very obviously a Skywalker.

In the prequels they show that Jedi are taken as children because it takes years and years of training to become a Jedi Knight. They didn't even want to take Anakin in Phantom because he was too old when he was only 9. Also even if she is a Skywalker she would have to be way stronger than both Anakin and Luke since they both trained hard to master their abilities.

>Whatever canon source I know you have for this, do you really think JJ cared about anything non-OT?

And that's the problem. Even if the prequels aren't that good you can't just pretend like they don't exist. They are official Star Wars movies from the mind of the creator himself. If you are continuing a series you can't just ignore parts of the story and rules of that universe that you don't like.

>Cad Bane

Okay fair enough, it's been a while since I saw that show and I remembered that part wrong. Even so, Mace Windu is supposed to be the best swordsman in the galaxy, but Yoda is the strongest force user. Also Anakin is far stronger with the force than Dooku, and still loses to him in episode 2. He only beats him in episode 3 because of the training and combat experience he gained from fighting in the clone wars.
>>
>>63859462
>Rey is force Jesus
>Han is most likely force sensitive
>Finn is probably force sensitive considering all the marketing has him holding a lightsaber
>>
>takes mary sue qualities to the the limit and does things that are typically applied to tough "don't need no man" women characters
>is so innocent and cute I wasn't really bothered by it
also she just made a good counterpoint to Kylo.
>>
>>63859639
see >>63859542
He was wearing her down on purpose, and never planned to kill her. He was wounded, he had just killed his father, he thought he had won, she took him by surprise and had the upper hand for four or five seconds.
>>
File: image.jpg (92 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92 KB, 640x1136
>>63860780
Yfw Finn and Rey Jedi team
>>
Anybody else notice how she did the sheev stab about 5 times?

How did she know that?
>>
>>63860513

>I agree with Rey being able to do resist mind probes makes sense but this shit you're saying about Leia in ANH ain't in no movie anon. So is it a novelization thing or maybe from a comic?

No it's mentioned in dialogue in ANH. After interrogating Leia Vader is talking to Tarkin and he says that "Her resistance to the mind probe is considerable".

>Your sample size of one isn't exactly significant and you don't know for long how Luke could do it before you saw him use it on Bib Fortuna.

The mind trick appears several times in canon and every single time it's an experienced and talented Jedi like Obi-Wan or Luke who does it. I suppose you're technically right in that they don't explicitly state that it's a higher level technique, but honestly nobody apart from hardcore Jedi use it.
>>
>>63860975
Because that's how you fight when you're using the Dark Side.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.