[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I really the only one on this board who genuinely felt offended
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 27
File: rlmstarwars2.jpg (39 KB, 750x400) Image search: [Google]
rlmstarwars2.jpg
39 KB, 750x400
Am I really the only one on this board who genuinely felt offended by this movie? I hated the prequels, but this feels "worse" to me. Like, it's damaged the series much more than Lucas had.

At least the prequels had a good story, even if Lucas did an autistic job of telling it.

The Disney movies are basically Transformers and Marvel quality. I don't know but to me this is much more destructive to the Star Wars mythos, the magic, and the entirety of the franchise than the prequels were.
>>
>>63852584
Yes.
Sage.
>>
>>63852584
They're going to give it a positive review aren't they?
>>
>>63852584
This one had the worst score out of all of them
>>
What's it like to have the pressure of Mike's weight on top of you?

I imagine Jessi can't possibly like it.

Or, does she use him as some sort of an extreme hugbox?
>>
>>63852584

>exagerrated negativity
>redditlettermedia image
>>
It really is Transformer and Marvel quality moviemaking. People's response to this criticism, though, is just this jaded resignation that that's the accepted state of affairs now. It's standard, and if it's shit, well, you're just being a fucking sulky baby. No one even remembers what originality and creativity are, and if you do, you're a cunt. The movie sucked shit.
>>
>>63852584
I give this thread a 1/4 portion.
>>
>>63852584
>offended by a childrens movie
so you are a liberal sjw piece of garbage huh?
>>
File: 1447438496712.jpg (52 KB, 856x452) Image search: [Google]
1447438496712.jpg
52 KB, 856x452
>>63852584
>Am I really the only one on this board who genuinely felt offended by this movie?
>
>3 straight days of non-stop "I FUCKING HATE THIS MOVIE" threads on /tv/
>>
ironically the fan-service moments were what kind of saved this movie for me. Han Solo's death was pretty emotional, I thought Luke in hiding was done well, they could have fucked it up in so many ways but didn't the problem with this movie is that it's essentially a new hope and I'm wondering if episode 8 is gonna do its own story for now on, which is risky but better.
>>
File: ratguy.jpg (82 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
ratguy.jpg
82 KB, 620x349
it's not just you. There are plenty of other retarded shitbags just like you out there in the world.
>>
>>63852762
Is this how you're going to defend your garbage movie then?
What are you going to do if a better childrens movie is brought up?
>>
>>63852584
I was offended by Carrie Fisher and the un-necessary trench scene. Chewie blew a ground level hole in that building not at trench level.
Porkins however, was an easter egg.
>>
the fact that they brought the original actors back to star in this trash feels wrong. at least the prequels didn't have kylo "coldsteel" ren teleporting behind harrison ford and cutting him in half with his twin katanas.
>>
>>63852610
doubt it. the predictions video has them say thing they dont want to happen that happen.

>>63852657
this.

worst cienmatography, editing, pacing, score, acting, writting, ect.

prequels suck, but god damn it at least had a few of these at any given moment.
>>
>>63853290
>worst cienmatography, editing, pacing, score, acting, writting, ect.

So basically it became a Marvelized/Disney-fied version of Star Wars. i.e. bland filmmaking at its finest that is somehow given a pass by critics because of nostalgia and quips.
>>
>>63853551
well about half those critics are really paid faggots who give it such generic praise. the ones criticizing it actually hit the nail on the head.
>>
>>63853290

>worse cinematography/editing/acting than the prequels

come on bruv those aren't even debateable.
>>
>>63853290
damn dude you are trying way too hard.

This one certainly had the best cinematography, editing, and acting.

Score pacing and writing nah, but you can't even argue the other three.
>>
>>63853759
>This one certainly had the best cinematography, editing, and acting.
Terrible taste capeshitter
>>
>>63853290
what was the deal with that masturbatory camera work? they were doing camerawork spinning around like it was a spaceship battle in the middle of the cantina, what was with that shit? can they not just have it stay still for more than 3 minutes?
>>
File: 1448067372856.gif (60 KB, 280x268) Image search: [Google]
1448067372856.gif
60 KB, 280x268
>Star Wars fanboys literally drive Lucas out of the film industry with their endless bitching about the prequels, which while flawed and with occasional hilariously bad dialogue, were entertaining films and intelligently contributed to SW lore
>cheer and applaud like little ungrateful faggots when Lucas sells Lucasfilm to Disney, donates all $4 billion to charity, and fucks off to make little experimental flicks for his friends, thus not having to deal with his retard fans' screeching hatred

>now fanboys discover, to their horror, that Star Wars is getting MCU'd

You fuckers brought this upon yourselves. Thanks a lot.
>>
>>63852584
Nah, I felt the same way. The prequels didn't cheapen star wars like this movie did.

Star wars was always a commercial franchise but it was one driven by a man with vision. Sometimes his vision was blurry as fuck and he fucking refused to wear glasses to correct it, but at least he was looking past what was around him, both back into the distant past and into the future of filmmaking.

The prequels were immensely consequential films, for better or worse. They changed how movies were made, not quite as cutting edge as the OT but still impactful.

This is basically guardians of the galaxy with some star wars window dressing. It's not necessarily a bad thing if you just want movies to be 'fun', but it's even more banal than the prequels. The political message, which was more complex in the prequels (it was a good message, but the way it was told was ultimately detrimental to the films) has regressed to below the already relatively simple level of the OT.

I think the entire trilogy needs to be out to truly judge it as a work of art, but this movie in and of itself is utterly uninspiring.
>>
>>63853924
the only winner here is georgie
>>
>>63852584
the new movie reminds me of the new star trek, and all the new marvel movies that keep coming out. it feels so plastic. i can imagine that they literally had disney's patented checklist of things that make a successful blockbuster and that they were going down the line and made sure they hit everything
>>
>>63853924
Longtime fanboy here, I remember all of the normies on facebook were hailing this as a godsend because it meant more movies.

I knew exactly what Disney would do to Star Wars. As good of a businessman as George was, a private enterprise held by one man can't possibly have enough bad ideas to destroy such a monumental machine.

It takes a board of executives to do that.
>>
>>63853712
but it is faggot.
Wish i could show you scene by scene why its fucked, but it isnt on dvd yet.

>>63853907
what was pissing me off was the close ups, zoom ins, and the awful cramped framing.
I kept feeling the need to duck or i'd whack my head on the top of the frame, and i saw this fucker in IMAX.
>>
>>63853551
Yyyup, but I found it worse than the generally tolerable capeshit pumped out.
>>
>>63854480
that's just because you care more about it
>>
>>63853924

Why the fuck didn't Lucas let other people write the prequels to get better dialogue?
>>
you WANTED to hate the movie, that's why. You're mad that other people like it, and hating Star Wars is such a natural state to you you make up buzzwords like the movie being "SJW" and "focus-tested" and "soulless" even though this is the most passionate and well-made star wars flick since 1980.

tl;dr ur a faget
>>
>>63854738
You only like it because other people have tricked you into liking it
>>
>>63854736

He tried to bring Kasdan in on it, but Kasdan was busy with other shit and told Lucas he could do it himself.

When that didn't work, he brought in Jonathan Hales for Attack of the Clones. Hales had previously worked on Young Indiana Jones, and has a writing credit for AOTC alongside Lucas.

When that turned out to be worse, Lucas went back to writing Revenge of the Sith himself.
>>
>>63854736
because no one questioned him.

hwoever, its not like JJ ABrams did better.

>>63854738
or its a really shitty movie thats as shallow as a puddle in a drought
>>
They're going to shit on Rey, the forced 'bromance' between Poe and Finn, and say Finn and Poe are fairly bland characters. They're going to say Kylo Ren is a pretty good character

They'll complain about pacing, and the movie being clustered. One or two wide shots of locations would've done wonders

Practical effects were nice

that one set piece inside the base with the bridge was used too often

Stormtroopers were cool

plot was a rehash

sequence with the aliens in the ship felt like filler, should've been cut

Score was pretty tame

better than prequels
>>
Nope. Its been Disneyfied (as if it weren't bad enough). No sense of danger or adventure, a joke of a protagonist. No directorial character (coming at no surprise). Aimless and meandering with a safe and boring narrative (to be expected). Shameless propaganda that panders to the lowest common denominator (lolNazis). The only surprise is that this is the worst of the vaunted series so far. Filmed in gimmicky, unwatchable 3D to boot.
>>
>>63855005

Wasn't filmed in 3D.

The 3D is entirely post-production.
>>
>>63855033
Even worse. Its fury road all over again for me then
>>
The prequels damaged the series so bad that it pretty much killed it moviewise.

TFA is just as "star wars" as any of the ot and definitely more so than the prequels.
>>
>>63855265
>TFA is just as "star wars" as any of the ot and definitely more so than the prequels.
This is what TBBT memester actually believe
You just fucking know in 6 months time this kid is going to call the movie shit if the tide turns by then
>>
Now that they've made this movie they can at least be more creative in future movies while not facing as much criticism for being different from previous movies.
>>
A missed opportunity to put a Randy Newman sowng in the soundtrack.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqNG_SrSa4o
>>
>>63853924
>You fuckers brought this upon yourselves
no, george did.
>>
>>63855128
fury road was fucking awesome though
>>
>>63855302
tied is already turning, im seeing about a good 15-20% of any comment section outside fo 4chan calling it shit and no one able to smack them down.

most yet, every facebook or twitter post i see about someone going to see, only about 10% actually post another post saying it was good. Most just dont update, which means mediocre to bad.
>>
>>63856394
Not at all. Its one of the ugliest and most retarded films in recent History. And those garish, cartoonish, orange and blue colors produced in computers should be illegal.

Really, why do people love to be submitted to this kind of empty horrifying visual and aural aggression? A fascistic anti-human audiovisual experiment. Simply put cirque du soleil for bros.
>>
File: 1439500353344.jpg (30 KB, 634x397) Image search: [Google]
1439500353344.jpg
30 KB, 634x397
>prequels
>good story
fucking saged
>>
>tfw Star Wars only exists now to move product at Hot Topic and The Disney Store

just kill me. I realize it was always used to move product, but at least then it was doing it by and for the creators of Star Wars, and not as just a purchase/investment from a soulless megacorporation.
>>
>>63854155
>muh george
>>
>>63856874
>/leggbutt/ cancer
Go home pleb
>>
>>63852584
>I'M OFFENDED
Okay. I'm glad of it.

>BY A STARWARS MOVIE
Pffffffft. C'mon son, get your shit together. Tighten it up!
>>
>>63856803
>And those garish, cartoonish, orange and blue colors produced in computers should be illegal.
well i agree, but in fury road this was done because they didnt have access to the Aussie outback which is mostly red dirt.
On top of that, the desert they had to shoot in made everything ass blinding white, so they GRADED IT, which is removing color info to emphasize reds and oranges.

the blues however werent emphasised, its was a result fo contrasting colors.

So it actually makes sense and makes the film look better in this case, especially since orange is the color that the human eye is attracted to.

So its when these modern blockbuster REMOVE orange that it starts looking like shit, or when shit is orange and over contrasted in films that arent in the desert.

So fury Road looks better for it.

also cartoonish is what the series is all about. over the top insanity.
>>
>>63856874
good premise, bad execution.
>>
OP, I feel the same way!!!FACT!!!http://247365hatemachine.blogspot.ca/2015/12/star-wars-force-awakens-reviewfact_19.html
>>
>>63852584
The prequels are universally panned because, while they had all the elements for a great story, Lucas had absolutely no idea how to make it. They were so bad even Liam Neeson looked like a B-movie actor (not that he's top ten or anything).

The new one is noticeably worse in pretty much every regard, but at least there are a number of scenes that, taken by themselves, are entertaining. Kylo, for all his faults, was much better than I anticipated. Han had a couple of classic lines that stuck out. 3peeoh had a good cameo (in that he wasn't a major element but was able to convey his purpose i.e. comedic relief). And the shots for the Han/Ben reunion were great.
>>
it was pretty generic movie. too much humour and villains were not great and this is supposed to be trilogy? plus girl jedi done all jedi tricks with ZERO training ZERO How??
>>
>>63857210
>universally panned
There's this thing called "hype" surrounding films such as Star Wars, a phenomenon that blinds people and makes them stupid.

Critics weren't bashing any of the Prequels when they came out, because Roger Ebert and whoever writing for Entertainment Weekly aren't internet nerds with a bone to pick.

To say that to prequels are "universally hated" is to ignore the greater portion of the cinema going audience that gets distracted by lights and explosions and come away with no negative impression, nor even significant recognition of anything that actually happened in the film. And also children.

There are more people in the world who enjoy the prequels than dislike them. There are more people in the world who enjoy a Michael Bay Transformers movie more than the latest Scorsese movie.

You do not live in a world that reflects 4chan's opinions.
>>
>>63856803
You really didn't get Fury Road. Where do you want to begin?
>>
>>63857238
I'm not exactly a traveler of many paths, but I've never heard of anyone (even 2nd hand) that had anything better to say about them than "Eh, they were alright I guess. I watched it at a friends house but I fell asleep."

It's been... shit 16 years and that is still the best review I've heard that wasn't a "movie critic".
>>
>>63853924
None of what you wrote is true though.

The prequels are awful. Two hours of monkeys fucking would have made for a better movie than any of George's prequels.
>>
>>63853712
>come on bruv those aren't even debateable.

If you like HELLA F*CKIN EPIC shaky cam fight scenes and a lack of wonder in your films camerawork, then by all means suck JJ's hairy jewish cock.
>>
>>63854039
>It's not necessarily a bad thing if you just want movies to be 'fun', but it's even more banal than the prequels.

I went in hoping for "fun", but this was literally on the verge of putting me to sleep. They literally ran around doing fuck all with random lazers every 15 minutes or so, very boring.
>>
>>63852792
Correction:
>3 straight MONTHS of non-stop "I FUCKING HATE THIS MOVIE" threads on /tv/
>>
>>63852584
>At least the prequels had a good story,
I wouldn't go that far, most of the first movie was wasted time and most of the clone wars were covered in an animated series that may or may not be cannon.
>>
>>63857574
>The prequels are awful. Two hours of monkeys fucking would have made for a better movie than any of George's prequels.
Found the furfag.
>>
>>63858301

Star Wars: The Clone Wars is absolutely confirmed to be canon without a doubt.

From the announcement of the purge:

http://www.starwars.com/news/the-legendary-star-wars-expanded-universe-turns-a-new-page

>He set the films he created as the canon. This includes the six Star Wars episodes, and the many hours of content he developed and produced in Star Wars: The Clone Wars. These stories are the immovable objects of Star Wars history, the characters and events to which all other tales must align.
>and the many hours of content he developed and produced in Star Wars: The Clone Wars.

TCW is canon. There is no question about this.

The old 2D Clone Wars show unfortunately is not, though.
>>
>>63852657
Seriously the prequels at least had duel of fates which spawned billions of parodies in the early 2000's.

This didn't even have the fucking Imperial March. There was not 1 memorable theme
>>
>>63852584
>i feel like
>i just feel
>autistic
>i don't know
did you come to 4chan because your great opinions got downvoted too much?
>>
>Base the size of a planet
>Everyone hangs out in the same hallway
>>
I finally figured out JJ Abrams' Mystery Box:

The film itself is the box, and if you open it, he punishes you with the movie inside. You're supposed to not watch his movies and just imagine what they could have been.
>>
>>63858034
>lack of wonder
that's a bit fuckin hard to qualify isn't it? maybe the fact that you aren't 12 any more is responsible for the lack of wonder.
>>
I loved the OT and the prequels, because they were an audiovisual marvel. Also because the myriad of unnecessary details created fandom, theories, expanded universes and the likes.

This movie was just a movie.

Jakku is a wasteland of a battlefield, not an interesting planet to look into.
Starkiller base is gone
There's a hideout in a random planet
Hermit lives in a perfectly defined stone staircase planet.

Now let's see.

Weak lightsaber fight? Check
Poe Rey and Finn asre all OT Luke in 3 different parts. Poe is the pilot, Finn is the goodwill dude that carries a mission he stumbled upon and Rey is the force sensitive user.

The events are basicly a SJW inclusive version of Episode IV and V combined, minus any of the charming buildup effects. If Vader was known to be the father on Episode IV, it would've been a mistake.

Everything utterly predictable and the only funny scene is when Kylo was having an anger management issue and two stormies called it quits to avoid dying from a lightsaber slash.

Ending the movie with a cliffhanger is not what star wars is about either.

Soundtrack was forgettable, I don't claim any responsability on Williams because they just misused it as much as they could.

Captain Phasma, thought to be a badass:
"Who gave you permission to take off the helmet?"
"you're making a huge mistake"

Okay.

This is the first star wars movie that left me completely deflated
>>
>>63852584

>the prequels had a good story

No they didn't. The story of the prequels is Palpatine does stupid things to stupid people and Anakin is a prick. That's literally it. That was not a good story.
>>
>>63858238

Literally years later:
>now that the dust has settled
>>
>>63854145
>the new movie reminds me of the new star trek
Honestly I liked Star Trek 11 better than this. Even Star Trek 12: Into Darkness was better than this, and I really didn't like that.
>>
>>63854738
>you WANTED to hate the movie, that's why.
Nope. Not me. I was super optimistic. That only made me hate it more. Not as disappointed as Terminator Genisys though.
>>
File: 1423838094270.jpg (57 KB, 450x304) Image search: [Google]
1423838094270.jpg
57 KB, 450x304
Marvelization of the Star Wars universe/franchise.

>Star Wars: Deflecting blaster bolts.
>Marvel: Freezing blaster bolts in mid air.

>Star Wars: Droids are machines. If they're carrying secret plans, any technician can extract those plans.
>Marvel: Droids can place themselves in "low-power" mode and then you can't get any intel out of them until they magically come back (when the writer needs them to).

>Star Wars: Light sabers are tools or weapons. In Episode 4, Luke picks up his father's light saber, switches it on and... cool shiny blue energy weapon.
>Marvel: Rey touches Luke's light saber and gets a bunch of (magical) Luke-related force visions.

>Star Wars: The force involves training, requires an instructor, and takes time to develop.
>Marvel: The force is a super power that manifests in response to some traumatic event and transforms you in a dramatic instant--just when you really need it.

>Star Wars: "Traveling through hyperspace ain't like dusting crops, boy! Without precise calculations we could fly right through a star or bounce too close to a supernova, and that'd end your trip real quick, wouldn't it?"
>Marvel: Sure they've got a big planetary defense shield, but we're going to travel through it in hyperspace and come out of hyperspace between the shield and the planet. On my mark Chewy, one, two, three, now!

>Star Wars: General Solo leads a sizable Rebel Ops team to Endor to infiltrate the base and lower the shields so that the fighters can destroy the super weapon.
>Marvel: Old General Solo takes a wookiee and one grunt to do the same.

>Star Wars: The Death Star.
>Marvel: Star Killer Base.

>Star Wars: Light saber duels end when somebody loses a limb or two (or three).
>Marvel: People get hit with light sabers regularly, and they take a dramatic pause to reflect on the situation. The duel only ends when a seismic event creates a big chasm between the two combatants.
>>
Darth Maul fight in ep 1 was more hype than this entire film for me.
>>
>>63852584
This. At least you could tell what was going on in the prequels. I saw TFA one day ago and i still don't know what the fuck happened.
>>
>>63858495
that is okay i guess,

i still think that the clone wars would have been a better use of the prequels time than most of the phantom menace.
>>
>>63858669
This made me depressed to read
>>
>>63858669
fuck....
>>
File: torment.png (161 KB, 705x201) Image search: [Google]
torment.png
161 KB, 705x201
>>63858669
>>
File: Sand Detected.jpg (88 KB, 525x266) Image search: [Google]
Sand Detected.jpg
88 KB, 525x266
>>63852584
Rehash story, but that was obviously intentional. Hope they're more original with the sequels
Relatively weak soundtrack this time around. The new versions of classic scores were nice, but there aren't really any new ones that were memorable
Some of the very few instances of CGI in the film looked as if they might not age extremely well. But I have a deep-seated hatred for most CGI anyway, so what do I know

These are literally the only problems I had with the film. You're making shit up for attention and controversy dude.

>Defends the prequels
I would like you to leave
>>
File: Bad-Star-Wars-Tatooo.jpg (40 KB, 500x356) Image search: [Google]
Bad-Star-Wars-Tatooo.jpg
40 KB, 500x356
>>63858669
Star Wars has become utter shit
>>
>>63858748

I saw it today and I think I know WHAT happened, but there's absolutely no understanding of WHY any of it happened.

There's just nothing connecting any of the scenes together beyond simple chronology. Every chunk of the movie is pretty much self-contained with almost no ties to any of the other parts.

Trey Parker and Matt Stone once said that the key to laying out a plot is two words: "therefore" and "but". Every piece of your plot needs to connect to the next piece via one of these words.

"Therefore" links story beats via causation: beat B is a logical consequence of beat A, and it's clear how and why it happened that way. A happens therefore B happens therefore C happens therefore happens.

"But" introduces new and unpredictable story beats in the form of complications, changing what should have been the original "therefore" into a new and different "therefore". A happens therefore B should happen but C happens therefore D happens instead.

The absolute weakest way to link story beats is with "and then". A happens and then B happens and then C happens. None of these beats is the logical consequence of another, nor do any of them affect the logical consequence of any other beat. Each one is basically isolated. "And then" should be avoided whenever possible unless you just have no choice and it's serving to set up a hell of a story beat later on, making it essentially a "but" with an extra degree of separation or two.

The Force Awakens avoids "therefore" like the plague and rushes towards "and then" constantly, without a moment's hesitation. As a result, the story makes no fucking sense: nobody knows why anything is happening because there's no reason why any of it is happening.
>>
>>63858748
>>63859170
You're fucking retarded if you didn't understand the plot of this film. Completely and utterly retarded.
>>
>>63859218

Like I said, I understand WHAT happened. The story beats are all A New Hope warmed over.

The problem is WHY and HOW. The story operates entirely on contrivance and coincidence. Every step of the story happens for no better reason than "because the OT did it that way". It's like JJ Abrams heard about Deus Ex Machina as an ending type and decided to expand it to an entire style of plotting out a movie.
>>
>>63859218
you misunderstand. The way things happened made no sense in context with how the star wars universe is supposed to work
>>
>>63858514
>did you come to 4chan because your great opinions got downvoted too much?
What is a downvote?
>>
>>63859314
>>63859330
You're both still being very vague. What about this movie happened without context and needed to be explained/relied too heavily on coincidence?
>>
>>63853924
Oh look, it's another sudden prequel apologist in the wake of TFA.
>>
>>63859314
this is literally how all star wars movies have been, watch one. its 'the force' that makes all the retarded ezplot coincidences.
>>
>>63859416
The big problem with this movie is its setting. The 30 year time jump makes little sense besides the fact that it just happens to be 30 years after return of the jedi. If Disney got the rights a decade sooner, 7 would be set 20 years after Jedi. So much stuff happens in between 6 and 7 that it feels like we missed alot of really important developments that should have been on film.
>>
>>63858538
>that's a bit fuckin hard to qualify isn't it? maybe the fact that you aren't 12 any more is responsible for the lack of wonder.
Naw. Mr Robot fills me with plenty of wonder.
>inb4 le reddit may-may
>>
>>63859528
but you understand that it's totally subjective?
>>
>>63858551
>The events are basicly a SJW inclusive version of Episode IV and V combined, minus any of the charming buildup effects. If Vader was known to be the father on Episode IV, it would've been a mistake.
I basically agree, with two caveats.
1. Vader WASN'T the father in IV. That was an idea tossed around, but Georgie had cold feet.

2. Have the DEATH STAR in your very first movie was ALSO a mistake. That should have gotten a slow build up, and ROTJ should basically have been the second half of ANH, while ANH should have just been about training kind of like ESB. ESB should have been, well, I dunno more questing for Han Solo's body and more scenes with Boba Fett fucking with Han as a prisonor.
>>
>>63859525
Seriously? Assuming you're one of the people I just replied to, you mentioned several problems that have to do with context or convenience, or how scenes 'just don't go together' or whatever, now you're just complaining that there were 30 years between VI and VII. We're getting clues constantly throughout the film as to what happened in those 30 years, and will definitely be getting more clues now that Luke is a main character.
>>
>>63859129
>These are literally the only problems I had with the film. You're making shit up for attention and controversy dude.
>Rehash story, but that was obviously intentional

>I was just pretending to be an unoriginal hack! :^)
>>
>>63859791
Are you denying that the plotline of this film wasn't intentionally reminiscent of A New Hope? Abrams played it safe and basically let his trilogy start off as a huge tribute to the OT. I wish he had handled this a different way, but the plot is obviously setting itself up to branch out more in the sequels.
>>
>>63859475
>Oh look, it's another sudden prequel apologist in the wake of a movie far worse than the prequels
That's about the size of it. Prequels are dumb and stupid, but they're passionate and charming. I've been saying this since the very beginning and no one's been listening to me so now I'm being shit on with the reams of people coming to my epiphany.
>>
>>63859416

Rey sees a droid being caught by a scavenger and rushes up to save it. Why? Does she like droids? Apparently not, as soon as she's rescued it she basically tells it to fuck off until it insists on following her, at which point she grudgingly accepts. She's then offered more food than she's ever had in her entire life for it, but decides to keep it. Why?

Finn decides he wants to defect as soon as he sees one of his buddies die and has a freakout over it. He goes directly from this to killing tons of stormtroopers without a second of remorse while serving as gunner in a TIE. Why?

The Falcon just happens to be sitting in the same yard of spaceships they run through, with its boarding ramp down, waiting to be stolen, despite the fact that its owner is right over there. Why?

The first ship they're picked up by when they break atmo is not the First Order Star Destroyer sitting in orbit that knows what their ship looks like and is actively hunting it, but rather Han Solo flying a new space garage. Han Solo's presence is a "but", that's a complication, that's fine, but why is the Star Destroyer just a total non-presence for them?

How did not one but two different gangs sneak up on this space garage in Jakku space but the Star Destroyer STILL has no idea what's going on?

Why are we expected to care about the destruction of the Hosnian system when we have not seen any sort of Republic presence or action at all in the entire movie nor any characters who have any association or connection with it? At least with Alderaan we could feel bad for Leia and we'd heard the name "Alderaan" a few times during the Tantive IV attack.

How does Maz's den have both a Resistance spy AND a First Order spy? One, I'd be fine with, but two is just ridiculous.

Why does this random old man have a map to Luke Skywalker? How could he have gotten it on Jakku? At least the crawl of ANH said the Rebels stole the plans during a battle.
>>
>>63859588
>but you understand that it's totally subjective?
Not totally. Wonder is not completely random to who will feel what feelings. A good artist can create a work of art that will make more people connect with and feel engorged in a new and exciting world.
>>
>>63853924

star wars? I killed it? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>63859867
>Are you denying that the plotline of this film wasn't intentionally reminiscent of A New Hope? Abrams played it FUCKING LAZY and basically let his trilogy start off as a huge RIPOFF of the OT.

>I agree that this movie was complete ass because of the shitty garbage rushed pacing that makes it impossible to care about ANYTHING but it's totally going to set the ground work for better movies in the future.
>>
>>63860034
Yikes, sounds like this is coming from somewhere not even related to Star Wars.

>Complains that it's fast paced
Starting to wonder if you've seen a SW movie before.
>>
>>63860099
>Starting to wonder if you've seen a SW movie before.
Yes I have. They have measured intelligent pacing. This is ADHD garbage.
>>
kek

movie hasn't even been out for a weekend and /tv/ is already offended by it

shit board, lads
>>
>>63860139
>movie hasn't even been out for a weekend and /tv/ is already offended by it
It doesn't take AN ENTIRE WEEKEND to watch a single movie, because we're not a pack of redditors constantly pausing the movie to take epic meme screenshots.

Here at /tv/ we MARATHON our individual movies.
>>
File: 1447628555461.jpg (24 KB, 277x296) Image search: [Google]
1447628555461.jpg
24 KB, 277x296
>>63860139
At first there were people legitimately discussing it, then the neckbeards realized that it was popular and starting coming up with anything they could to shit on it.
>>
I fucking hate this movie because they made the Force to strong

The title of the Movie is The Force Awakens.

The Major underlying plot of the film is the force is now waking up and choosing Rey as it's avatar. This shift in power is so stong all the major force users in the movie can feel it. Snoke and Kylo can both feel the pull of the force moving to Rey.

This is not normal. This is the equivalent of "the chosen one"

Obi-Wan says "In my experience, there's no such thing as luck." and we must take this into consideration.

The force is the main character in this movie and is completely controlling almost every event in the movie.

It is not a coincidence that Rey was left on Jakuu,
BB-8 Just happens to find Rey
The millennium falcon just happened to be at the same junk yard as Rey.
Han Solo and chewbacca just happen to be orbiting Jakuu
Rey defeating Kylo
The chasm separating them at the end.

It has all been the forces will.
>>
>>63852584
Is there anything /tv/ likes?
>>
>>63860210
Well it is literally holding the universe together, but I see where you're coming from.
>>
>>63860205
So people criticizing it isn't "legitimate discussion" you fucking manchild or is this just some thing you retards over on /vg/ think?
>>
>>63860251
inside lyellen davis
>>
>>63860317
Also explain the rotten reviews on RT with your manchild logic
>>
>>63860317
Making up bullshit about how it doesn't "feel like a Star Wars movie" or not explaining any of the problems they claim to be present in the film =/= legitimate criticism.
>you retards over on /vg/
What?
>>
>>63852584
The thing is the prequels really didn't affect the OT in any real significant way except for the whole "good friend" thing. It was about the past.

TFA, being a sequel, basically proved that the empire just hot even stronger and everything the old crew did was for nothing.
Too the fates of the old crew aren't up in the air anymore. We know, for example, that Han dies by his ugly son's hand. His legacy literally fucked his shit up. The prequels, being prequels, could never do anything so damaging to the OT.
>>
>>63860210
cringed
>>
>>63860385
How is meme arrowing trash like "i like da acting" considered legitimate discussion then?
Where are the examples of hundreds of other actors to compare it to?
>>
>>63860315
Even when Han is describing the force he say's 'Cause no mystical energy field controls *my* destiny.

In the other movies the force was mysterious, it use to be just a tool the Jedi could tap into and it didn't always respond or not strongly.

Now it's a lot like Neo's power in the Matrix.

If the force is with REALLY you then you are unbeatable if it is it's will.

(just an example)
kind of like saying God be with you. Of course God is with you but if he is really with you like Moses then you can't really ever lose.

Point is, i now have NO tension in any of Rey's upcoming fights or scenes. The force made her a Mary Sue.
>>
>>63856874
Told badly, but yeah
>>
>>63860205
People were grieved when the pastebin was confirmed two days before wide release. /tv/ never liked it.
You're thinking of Guardians of the Galaxy, which actually was generally liked here until it got popular.
>>
>>63860482
>meme arrowing trash like "i like da acting"
Who said this?
>>
>>63859218
no no, he's got a point.

he;s not asking what happened, but as to WHY it happened.

>>63859485
the force was a mystical element that enhanced the story.
it was never this BAD of a deus ex machina.

Luke could have used the targeting computer to make the shot, but he chose the force as a sign of faith.
The force was used as a method of helping and not being overly reliant on physical limitations such as technology.
It wasnt supposed to be the end all weapon to make you a god.
>>
>>63860522
Show me. Movies like that are always praised by cross posters from /co/ and /v/ for the first month
https://archive.4plebs.org/tv/
>>
Kylo Ren was the only character I actually enjoyed watching. Finn, Poe and BB-8 were okay too surprisingly, but Kylo was the only reason I watched it in the first place.

I liked that he was, for once, not a calm, cool, collected villain. He was insecure and couldn't control his anger because he's a stupid kid with a lot of fear and wants to be just like his incredibly infamous grandfather. Him going crazy and destroying things while yelling when things went wrong was a lot more human and believable than the fucking stereotypical calm villain that isn't phased by anything.

Kylo was 10/10. Snoke I'm interested in seeing more of too.
>>
>>63860099
fast pacing and RUSHED pacing are two different things.

Crank was fasted as fuck. But it was well done because it had a few scene to slow the fuck down and juxtapose the speed and insanity.

Force Awakens was just a bombardment of shit.
>>
>>63860540
Go to any of these so called threads ̶p̶r̶a̶i̶s̶i̶n̶g̶ legitimately discussing it and you'll see just that.
>>
>>63856874
Why do you think the prequels were so hated? People knew the fucking story before TPM was even released and there was no reason for it to be shit. Then the movie actually came out and its failure was all the more disappointing because the premise was nearly impossible to fuck up, and George managed to fuck it up anyway.
>>
>tfw I'll be so nervous seeing it alone that it will ruin the experience
>Have to wait for blurays to watch it at home

Never mind the fact that I also know everything about it already because people actual show up to public showings of a movie for some fucking reason in the year 2015.
>>
>>63852584
>At least the prequels had a good story
And that's the gist of this thread. This is the same mongoloid posting daily threads about the prequels being "not that bad", pretending episode III wasn't just as unforgivably shitty as the other two and generally acting like an asshat. This isn't about The Force Awakens, this turd-for-brains hasn't seen it yet, this is about trying to push this idiotic idea that the prequels had any redeeming factors, constantly, until some poor sap agrees with him out of pity.
Kill yourself already, you attention deprived fucktard.
>>
>>63858669

Don't forget that TIE fighters and X-Wings are like fighter jets and do bombing runs/close air support.
>>
I agree, but I have always maintained that the prequels were very good sci-fi movies. The "prequels are the worst thing ever" meme got forced really hard.

Most normies just want the same shit as the original movies updated with capeshit pacing though, so that is what we will get.

I don't really consider the new movies Star Wars.
>>
>>63860550
And yet the hate here was instantaneous. Even its defenders are madder than usual because holy fuck this movie has more problems than it should. Its like Damon Lindelof used Lawrence Kasdan's name as an alias.
>>
>>63860603
Kek have you been to the catalog lately? The threads with generally positive opinions are all gone, replaced with vague contrarian neckbeard threads that don't actually mention the real problems with this film and just ramble about the oncoming race war or how SW is ruined.
>>
>>63859946

Why does the First Order buzz this Jakku outpost with TIE Fighters at all when the map is REALLY VALUABLE AND THEY COULD DESTROY IT LIKE THAT? They certainly seem like they want the map intact when they attack the other village at the start of the movie, but now they'll just risk destroying it for no reason?

How the fuck does a lightsaber "call" to someone like that? The EU had people be drawn to stuff by the Force in ways they couldn't describe or explain, but it was always very subtle; what the fuck is this shit that sounds like a dying cat?

How and why is Rey able to resist Kylo's mind probe? Really, how and why is Rey an expert at everything she ever tries to do in this entire movie despite minimal training and/or experience?

How the fuck did Finn go from blindly loyal stormtrooper conditioned since birth to "WHO'S IN CHARGE NOW SUCKA?" in the space of just a few days since breaking conditioning? Is he suffering from some sort of neural parasite eating the parts of his brain responsible for inhibition?

Why is R2 in low power mode? There's no explanation for this, other than HE'S SAD BECAUSE LUKE'S GONE (even though Luke could have easily taken him along wherever he was going), nor is there even a hint of a reason for him coming out of it when he did. Did something make him happy during his sadness coma? Did he remember the time he said 3PO was naked or something?

How does a sanitation stormtrooper know absolutely EVERYTHING about Starkiller Base?

How is a stormtrooper captain so easily intimidated that she'll lower the shields for anyone who points a gun at her?

Actually, back up: WHY does a stormtrooper captain have the authorization to lower the shields in the first place?

Why do they even need to lower the shields? Why can't they just do the same trick as the Falcon and hyper inside the shield? Han explained it as a flaw in the shield, not a perk of the Falcon; any ship that can jump to hyperspace should be able to do this.
>>
>>63860680
That meme had been around since release. The sudden defence of the prequels is a fairly recent thing.
>>
>>63860698
Oh sorry I was talking about GOTG
>>
>>63854738
Even Average joes at my work said it average. Hell, even the guy who hadn't seen any other stars wars movies thought it was sub par, he didn't understand why they could just suddenly do every force thing.

They said the action was fun but the plot was lame (those that had seen the other movies especially so). They all thought Death Star 3.0 was stupid, the cliff hanger being tucking annoying

Basically they summed it up as "good but not good".

Personally, I think it really failed if it can't draw people in like the originals and even the prequels did.
>>
>>63860745
>That meme had been around since release
>since release
But thats wrong you underage fuck. You couldn't criticize TPM at all for the first few months of release.
>>
The "prequels were always good" meme needs to stop. Its absolutely ridiculous. Nobody liked the prequels even in their heyday.
>>
>>63860745
Nah, I saw them all when they came out, and people liked them fine while admitting they maybe weren't as good as the original trilogy (few things are as good as the original).

The PREQUELS ARE SO BAD CRIME AGAINST GOD stupid shit was a later meme.

I have revisited them and found I appreciate them more than I did even back then.
>>
>>63854886
Pointing out what people will criticise doesn't make them any less valid points. It just means people who claim to like the movie like you know it has obvious flaws yet won't admit they are flaws. You're purposely sticking your head in the sand to try and convince yourself it was better than you wish it was.
>>
>>63860810
>>>reddit
>>
>>63860796
People could and did. I was nine at the time and I remember my whole group thought phantom menace was shit, and even the news were reporting how bad it was. Only EU buying autists kept up their denial as long as they could, and it wasn't long.
>>
File: 03.jpg (63 KB, 329x370) Image search: [Google]
03.jpg
63 KB, 329x370
>>63860896
>I was nine at the time
>>
>>63860864
Your taste has clearly gone to shit then. The prequels were a filmmaking travesty. Books could be written about their flaws.
>>
>>63860896
>lying this much

Kids loved Phantom Menace. They were probably the only group who truly liked it. Stop trying to fit in.
>>
>>63860942

http://www.ferdyonfilms.com/2015/star-wars-episode-one-the-phantom-menace-1999-episode-two-attack-of-the-clones-2002-episode-three-revenge-of-the-sith-2005/26568/

Go read this, then come back.
>>
>>63860927
That's right anon. A movie specifically aimed at children couldn't even impress its target audience.
>>
>>63859946
>Rey sees a droid being caught by a scavenger and rushes up to save it. Why? Does she like droids? Apparently not, as soon as she's rescued it she basically tells it to fuck off until it insists on following her, at which point she grudgingly accepts. She's then offered more food than she's ever had in her entire life for it, but decides to keep it. Why?
she just felt bad for the droid and knew the guy who offered food was a scumbag who would treat it badly

>Finn decides he wants to defect as soon as he sees one of his buddies die and has a freakout over it. He goes directly from this to killing tons of stormtroopers without a second of remorse while serving as gunner in a TIE. Why?
he's being attacked

>The Falcon just happens to be sitting in the same yard of spaceships they run through, with its boarding ramp down, waiting to be stolen, despite the fact that its owner is right over there. Why?
she was one of the ship's mechanics and worked on the interior of the ship so presumably she'd have access to it

>The first ship they're picked up by when they break atmo is not the First Order Star Destroyer sitting in orbit that knows what their ship looks like and is actively hunting it, but rather Han Solo flying a new space garage. Han Solo's presence is a "but", that's a complication, that's fine, but why is the Star Destroyer just a total non-presence for them?
it's strange that the star destroyer didn't pick them up but Solo was clearly hunting specifically for the Falcon

>How did not one but two different gangs sneak up on this space garage in Jakku space but the Star Destroyer STILL has no idea what's going on?
they've been hunting Solo for quite a while and the First Order couldn't care less about Solo's shuttle or some random crime gangs
>>
>>63860942
Nah. If they weren't branded Star Wars they would probably still be liked. A few miscasts and some dated CG doesn't make for "filmmaking travesty". But continue with your fucking stupid meme to fit in with the rest of the le nerds.
>>
>>63860896
>this obvious bullshit
No you weren't 9 at the time, you probably weren't even born then.
>>
File: 1a1.jpg (21 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1a1.jpg
21 KB, 400x300
>>63858669
>>
>>63860953
Considering the abnormal backlash to what I'm saying I'm clearly not fitting in, and my standing by what I know to be fact should go to show that fitting in isn't even what I'm trying to do. Why would I even lie about this? I'm just stating personal experience.
>>
>>63859946
>Why are we expected to care about the destruction of the Hosnian system when we have not seen any sort of Republic presence or action at all in the entire movie nor any characters who have any association or connection with it? At least with Alderaan we could feel bad for Leia and we'd heard the name "Alderaan" a few times during the Tantive IV attack.
great question

>How does Maz's den have both a Resistance spy AND a First Order spy? One, I'd be fine with, but two is just ridiculous.
clearly a club where a lot of stuff goes down with people connected to Luke

>Why does this random old man have a map to Luke Skywalker? How could he have gotten it on Jakku? At least the crawl of ANH said the Rebels stole the plans during a battle.
the guy in the very beginning? that's outside the scope of the movie, he just has it and we don't know how or why

>>63860725
>Why does the First Order buzz this Jakku outpost with TIE Fighters at all when the map is REALLY VALUABLE AND THEY COULD DESTROY IT LIKE THAT? They certainly seem like they want the map intact when they attack the other village at the start of the movie, but now they'll just risk destroying it for no reason?
that seemed stupid

>How the fuck does a lightsaber "call" to someone like that? The EU had people be drawn to stuff by the Force in ways they couldn't describe or explain, but it was always very subtle; what the fuck is this shit that sounds like a dying cat?
the sound wasn't only in her mind
in the EU the force was very mysterious and did a lot of strange things, nothing wrong with that

>How and why is Rey able to resist Kylo's mind probe?
super strong in the force
mind tricks and similar only work on those weak of mind
>why is Rey an expert at everything she ever tries to do in this entire movie despite minimal training and/or experience?
this does not make any sense
>>
>>63861002
>awful pacing
>phoned in performances
>forced unfunny humor
>unnecessarily overcomplicated plot
>laughably bad dialogue
>actual behind the scenes footage proving that George couldn't cut scenes because he painted himself into a corner

At the time the cg was fine. I didn't even so much as imply it wasn't.
>>
>>63861039
Be in denial all you want anon. I know what happened.
>>
>>63854738
I'd been telling all the naysayers i knew that movie would be good, even literally up to the point where we were walking into the theater.

It was fucking horrible. I went in with decently high exceptations and decently high assurance that they would be met. They weren't.

>>63853290
This guy is right. Nearly everything about the movie is bland and badly done. Good props, but that's about it.
>>
>>63860725
>Why is R2 in low power mode? There's no explanation for this, other than HE'S SAD BECAUSE LUKE'S GONE (even though Luke could have easily taken him along wherever he was going), nor is there even a hint of a reason for him coming out of it when he did. Did something make him happy during his sadness coma? Did he remember the time he said 3PO was naked or something?
presumably Luke left him that way until some criteria were met
this seems like a nod to KotOR 2 where a very, very similar plot happens where Revan leaves and leaves no trail except his droid T3-M4

>How does a sanitation stormtrooper know absolutely EVERYTHING about Starkiller Base?
this doesn't make much sense

>How is a stormtrooper captain so easily intimidated that she'll lower the shields for anyone who points a gun at her?
the opposite is retarded in most movies where people just throw their lives and get killed for some stupid cause
here it's actually realistic where they value their lives

>Actually, back up: WHY does a stormtrooper captain have the authorization to lower the shields in the first place?
this is retarded

>Why do they even need to lower the shields? Why can't they just do the same trick as the Falcon and hyper inside the shield? Han explained it as a flaw in the shield, not a perk of the Falcon; any ship that can jump to hyperspace should be able to do this.
X-wings have limited hyperspace capabilities and shouldn't be nearly this accurate
one retarded thing in the movie was actually when they implied TIE fighters can jump when it breaks implied lore from A New Hope and the prequels
>>
Guys what if the Force Awakens actually is good and all of you are just being swept up by an irrational need to hate because everyone on 4chan said so?
>>
>>63861227

You are a literal textbook definition retard if you think this movie "nods" or in any way recognizes the existence of a fucking video game. Any similarities are purely coincidental.
>>
>>63861261

Guys what if the Force Awakens actually is bad and all of you are being swept up by an irrational need to love it because everyone in the media said so?
>>
>>63861261
Disney janitor/mod, please
>>
>>63861261
Then explain people giving it bad reviews on regular movie review sites too
>>
>>63858500
They're keeping Imperial March in reserve for the moment when Kylo finally grows some balls and reks the protags
>>
File: Darth_Revan.jpg (136 KB, 1024x577) Image search: [Google]
Darth_Revan.jpg
136 KB, 1024x577
>>63861273
maybe but the point stands that there isn't much wrong with R2
also the movie has a lot of other similarities with KotOR like the look of the main villain
>>
File: owOjNNk[1].gif (2 MB, 360x204) Image search: [Google]
owOjNNk[1].gif
2 MB, 360x204
>>63856881
>>
>>63861227

>one retarded thing in the movie was actually when they implied TIE fighters can jump when it breaks implied lore from A New Hope and the prequels

These are visibly new types of TIE Fighters. They COULD have hyperspace capabilities. They obviously have added a gunner seat and life support capabilities.
>>
>>63852584
>prequels are retroactively good

>>>/r/eddit
>>
>>63861379
Harrison Ford is such a dick, but I have to commend him for this one, even though it was a douchy move
>>
>>63861328
4channers don't stay on 4chan

and neckbeards hate everything because they hate themselves

If everyone on 4chan committed suicide, you would see a dramatic rise in ratings on everything media related.
>>
Someone really should link a torrent or stream
Not willing to see this in theaters honestly
>>
>>63861421
4chan is one of the few bastions remaining against cultural marxism
>>
>>63861413
its fake,dont worry
>>
>>63861413
It was an act. He also tore up a han doll on Fallon. Ford always pretends to hate his own movies in interviews. I think it started with K-19, but he might have started sooner.
>>
>>63861421
>4channers don't stay on 4chan
But the ones I've seen(lb) clearly don't browse this site and love pleb shit
>>
File: 1442042041850.gif (1010 KB, 233x226) Image search: [Google]
1442042041850.gif
1010 KB, 233x226
>>63858669
Best explanation of why TFA sucks I've seen so far.
>>
>>63852584
They needed Lucas. He may be a terrible director and made some terrible decisions, but Star Wars is his baby. Disney somehow managed to make a worse movie than episode 1. I just hope the next two episodes can turn out to be something more than a cash grab than what I just watched.
>>
>>63860789

This. I was going in expecting to hate it, then was mostly pleasantly surprised until Rey gets captured, when it starts to fall apart (Rey's sudden superpowers and the whole terrible Death Star x5 battle).

I probably disliked it more than others, but almost everyone I've talked to thinks at best it was ok but not as good as the original trilogy.

On an unrelated note, the long scene that has Finn standing around like an idiot watching Po blow up 10 TIE Fighters in rapid succession was cringe as fuck.
>>
>>63861529
>Disney somehow managed to make a worse movie than episode 1
Bait/100% delusion
>>
>>63859528
>Mr. Robot fills me with plenty of wonder
Wee woo, wee woo, autism alert.
>>
>>63861573
There seems to be a lot of it since tfa released. Its like people think you either love tfa or you love the prequels with no opinion in between. Its idiotic. All four post-OT movies are shit.
>>
>>63861573
At least TPM wasn't a remix of Star Wars. This is something the prequels avoided.

Here's hoping they went safe for the first one this time around and will allow the other movies to be their own stories.
>>
IV > VI > V > VII > III > I > II

Prove me wrong senpaitachi
>>
>>63860596
>>63860596
Thanks for arguing my own point better than I could, friend. I was too high to write coherently and I really appreciate the vindication of my specific sub-reason for hating this movie. (I mean everyone hates this movie but you helped me feel like a special snowflake! :D )
>>
>>63859946
Good points.

although

>Why does this random old man have a map to Luke Skywalker? How could he have gotten it on Jakku? At least the crawl of ANH said the Rebels stole the plans during a battle.

Than man is biggs or someone from the old rebellion. A friend of Luke's. Luke (or the mother) was raising Rey on Tatooine and left a map when he left, knowing through the force that when it was needed Rey awaken to the force and find the map.

That's how it'll play out.
>>
>>63861408
Someone finally sees sense.
>>
>>63861573
worst villian, 2nd worse lightsaber battle only behind Vader and old Ben, rehashed out the ass, story so predictable everyone could piece out what would happen from the trailer, pacing was all over the place, and the fact that somehow an untrained force sensitive could beat a trained sith
>>
>>63861767
>2015
>watching trailers
shiggidy
>>
>>63861684
Rian Johnson is a slightly more memorable director who has a modicum of imagination compared to jarjar abrams. I have hope.
>>
Post links
>>
>>63861767
>worst villian
Why do you think this?
>2nd worse lightsaber battle only behind Vader and old Ben
Nah, you're a contrarian neckbeard faggot who unironically likes prequel style fights
>>
>>63861529

Lucas proved in TCW that he NEEDS to be involved, even if it is with a whole bunch of intermediaries. Other people can direct better than he can, so he needs to hire directors. Other people can write dialogue MUCH better than he can, so he needs to hire writers.

But only in Lucas do you find the imagination, familiarity with classic film lore, and will to create stories at once familiar and yet vibrantly original that Star Wars NEEDS. There's an ideal Lucas ratio in Star Wars, and this movie has proven that it is definitely NOT 0%

All Abrams wanted to do was jack off over nostalgia and his Mary Sue self-insert while otherwise making the same sarcastic action movie he made with his Trek installments. He has no imagination to bring to the table, no ambition to write anything beyond fanfiction, and no desire to seek inspiration in anything other than the laziest possible way. The OT was inspired by all kinds of movies that had gone before it, from Kurosawa's work to Flash Gordon and Buck Rogers serials and all manner of adventure stories in-between. Even the prequels drew their inspiration from all kinds of sources. Abrams's inspiration seems to have exclusively been Star Wars films and Star Wars Legends EU.

If TFA was anymore inbred, it would be a Targaryen. A gay clone trooper orgy would be less incestuous than the origins of this abortion.
>>
>>63861688
V>IV>VI>>>>>III>>>>>>> I >>>II>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>About here is where its not even similar to star wars in style or tone, just poorly used props and imagery>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Holiday Special (so funny its so bad)>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>VII
>>
>>63861903
K dude, you don't have to keep posting
>>
File: archer-edited.jpg (36 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
archer-edited.jpg
36 KB, 500x375
>>63861767

>implying Vader and old Ben is worse than this
>>
>>63858669
The saddest part is is that all these phony fans are completely fine with how much Disney has raped both Marvel and now Star Wars mythos, so it's only going to get worse. Fucking kill me.
>>
>>63861889
See what happened was Disney switched one extreme with another, oblivious to the notion that the scale would just tip the same shitty way.
>>
>>63862019
>Disney has raped both Marvel
>implying there was anything to rape
>>>/out/
>>
>>63853662
On youtube i can only see people masturbating over this movie
>>
>>63862019
Have you read modern marvel? The MCU is a step up from that shitpile.
>>
>>63861903

Don't do that.

IV>V>III>VI>I>II>TCW movie>TFA

I refuse to call TFA Episode VII anymore.

I do not accept it as part of the saga.

I'm not going to buy it on any sort of home video medium unless VIII is at least watchable. Until then, I will regard TFA as shitty fanfiction and nothing more. It will only matter when it results in something worthwhile.
>>
>>63862069
so idiots?
>>
>>63858669
literally this.
>>
>>63852595
You saged this post like a true redditor. Mega-upboats for you senpai
>>
>>63861853
He's the only one that hasn't killed or amputated a jedi and lost to someone who literally never held a lightsaber before their battle.

Can I not like OT and Prequel style battles? Maul vs Qui Gon and Obi Wan is my favorite, because it was fast paced and felt natural for how force users would fight, but they went overboard in II and III with all the flippy shit and nonsensical lightsaber twirling.
>>
Is Harrison Ford too old for a bladerunner sequel?
>>
>>63860789
>the cliff hanger being tucking annoying
>tucking
Found the mother-tucking iPhone user. Ducking kiss yourself you ducking newflag!
>>
>>63861804

the franchise is in the hands of the Disney committee.

There will be no originality or breaking of new ground.

They will milk what people easily recognize as belonging to the Star Wars brand over and over until there's nothing to milk.

In the next movie you'll get more of the OT elements straight up lifted with some new toy designs to keep it selling.

The only positive thing about the whole mess is that the money generated might give someone else ideas to turn space opera stories into movies.

We might get another go at Dune or the Lensman movies or The Foundation or something.
>>
>>63858669
One of the few genuinely insightful remarks I've read about this shit.
>>
>>63862112
I don't think you can ever be too old to play a hardboiled detective.
>>
>>63862145
I was actually thinking about how great it would be if someone turned the Dune series into some actually well-done movies while face-palming at TFA in the theater.
>>
>>63861066
>Considering the abnormal backlash to what I'm saying I'm clearly not fitting in, and my standing by what I know to be fact should go to show that fitting in isn't even what I'm trying to do. Why would I even lie about this? I'm just stating personal experience.
But you're forgetting one thing. LE REDDIT MAY_MAY EBIN FOR THE WIN FEDORA FAG LOLOLOLOL
>>
>>63862108
>He's the only one that hasn't killed or amputated a jedi and lost to someone who literally never held a lightsaber before their battle.
>All villains must be immediately portrayed as badasses with no development or improvement to their abilities left for the sequels
They literally tell us that he hasn't finished his training yet. Rey was OP, but it wasn't a completely unexplained OPness.

The Maul fight was literally the only decent battle in the prequels, and even that had its dumb moments.
>>
>>63862145
And the best thing is at least this shitty franchise helped Mark Hamill get his shit together. I consider that a silver lining.
>>
>>63854736
Autism. The genuine article. It's not as clumsy or random as stupidity... A more elegant mental disorder for a more civilized age
>>
>>63861273
Bro, Kylo Ren was designed to look exactly like Revan. That's no coincidence. This movie is the definition of creative bankruptcy.
>>
TFA is a bad movie, once the hype dies down it will be ridiculed.
>>
>>63862198
Well fuck, you got me there.
>>
>>63862316
Yep. Phantom menace all over again, just with entirely different problems.
>>
>>63852584
At least the prequels were their own thing, a fucked up own thing, but still their own thing. This is A New Hope 2.0, we were promised an episode 7, as in a number after 6, this is a remake/reboot of episode 4.
>>
>>63862206
that's the problem they portrayed him as the ultimate badass through out the movie then got his ass handed to him by a rookie. Shit he didn't even use the force in his battle it was just slow and underwhelming.
>>
>>63862316
Screenshot your post and check back in a few months, anon. I dare ya.
>>
>>63859867
Film a shit for 2hrs
he did it intentionally so it s a masterpiece!
Much logic
>>
>>63862392
>they portrayed him as the ultimate badass through out the movie then got his ass handed to him by a rookie
Do you really think that wasn't intentional?
>>
>>63858669
>its all true
goddammit anon i wanted to believe
>>
>>63862374

If it were at least a good remake, I might be able to get behind it.

TFA is to ANH as Into Darkness is to Wrath of Khan.
>>
>>63852762
Stop with this meme, the original trilogy was not a kids movie
>>
>>63861440
>Someone really should link a torrent or stream
>Not willing to see this in theaters honestly
Why are you so excited to see this travesty in any shape or form?
>>
>>63862420
Are you using a fucking doge meme?
Did you literally just get downvoted into oblivion on Reddit, so you came here with your shitty opinion instead?
>>
>>63862092
Which is largely because Disney mandates shit on them like forcing their comics to mimic the movies and fucking over any character they can't make a movie off of. The MCU is still a shallow embarrassment of the characters and stories they're 'adapting.'
>>
>>63862474
Its a cultural phenomenon. Watching it at least would be an education. Also firsthand experience of watching it would add weight to criticism.
>>
>>63861602
>Wee woo, wee woo, autism alert.
nice meem bro. i laughed so hard cuz its so funny and original.
>>
>>63852584

>The Disney movies are basically Transformers and Marvel quality.

Unfortunately this is what people want right now. They want big explosions, bright colors, and funny characters.
>>
>>63862534
And yet you agree that it is a step up from today's Marvel Comics.
>>
File: 1381454517889.jpg (282 KB, 800x609) Image search: [Google]
1381454517889.jpg
282 KB, 800x609
>>63858669
>>
>>63862593
>They want big explosions, bright colors, and funny characters.
You kind of just described most of Star Wars
>>
>>63852657
I actually agree with that. Or, least awesome.

I love this movie, and I love the sound track, but the score was not weak in the prequels.
>>
>>63862595
Marvel's current comics are only shit because of Disney.
>>
>>63862621
I think he was, obviously, talking about movies that have nothing underneath that, unlike Star Wars
>>
So guys, is it better than Avengers and Avengers: AOU?
>>
>>63862716
Yes, but retards are about to tell you that its just as bad.
>>
>>63862716
About the same. Even has a retarded shoehorned overdramatic death.
>>
>>63854738
>this is the most passionate and well-made star wars flick since 1980
Fuck you RotJ hating faggots, TFA is a definite improvement over the prequels but still doesn't even touch the OT.
>>
File: star-wars-episode-vii[1].jpg (71 KB, 510x336) Image search: [Google]
star-wars-episode-vii[1].jpg
71 KB, 510x336
>>63861273
they went out of their way to say EU isn't canon then used it as the main story point of the movie just changing their family relation from twins to cousins

>>63861261
I avoided /tv/ for a week and just got back from watching the movie hoping to love it. It was a tremendous let down, but at least there's hope the next movies will be good and may retroactively make vii better.
>>
>>63862206
>They literally tell us that he hasn't finished his training yet. Rey was OP, but it wasn't a completely unexplained OPness.
So Rey... made this... thread?
>>
>>63862821
Anything's possible with the Force.
>>
>>63860678
...Star Wars has always been WWI/WWII (in SPACE!) whenever there have been battles.

Most of the tactics make no sense with the level of tech they have (why even have non-auto locking turrets, manual is so much worse).
>>
>>63861889
best post itt
>>
>>63862810
>tfw I thought the same thing about phantom menace

Luke will have to be major though and JJ's gone so it could work this time.
>>
>>63862424
>Do you really think that wasn't intentional?
>I was just pretending to me a creatively bankrupt hack.
Hi JJ.
>>
>>63862688
Marvel has been fucking awful for at least a decade before Disney took over. The Civil War adaption already looks to be a huge improvement over the shitshow that was the source material.
>>
>>63858669
Star Wars: The Legend of Rey
Book 1: Hope
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.