[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: JUST.jpg (42 KB, 634x346) Image search: [Google]
JUST.jpg
42 KB, 634x346
What went wrong?
>>
>>63852574
Your birth. Also the drop.
>>
SJW's taking over liberal culture
>>
>>63852608
>liberal
>culture
>>
He was never funny but shitty college liberals pretended he was, so now that he's on a time that they arent watching on a channel their grandparents watch no one cares.
>>
>>63852633
>" culture is a way of life of a group of people--the behaviors, beliefs, values, and symbols that they accept, generally without thinking about them"
>>
File: 8oiunsadf4.jpg (21 KB, 265x491) Image search: [Google]
8oiunsadf4.jpg
21 KB, 265x491
Liberal cuck Jon Stewart is the producer

It's nothing but SJW/progressive pandering at this point just like the Daily Show, but Stephen himself is still good, it's the writing that's the problem
>>
>>63852645
This, it worked pretty well on highschool kids as well. He was on Comedy Central too much.
>>
>>63852608
>>63852645
These two
>>
He doesn't appeal to the lowest common denominator, which is now comprised of AAVE and Spanish speakers btw, who dominate broadcast television viewership, especially late at night when productive people who contribute to society are asleep.

It has nothing to do with his politics, it has to do with his presentation level. There's way too much of an understanding curve for the bread and circuses audience.

If you're reading this, and I suspect that you are: stop being so smart, Stephen. Dumb it down. The masses actually love democratic ideals, but you're not presenting them in a digestible way. Be a stupid funny clown, not an NPR host.
>>
>>63852696
tbqh he's a good actor like Steve Carell. A good actor at playing a Republican blowhard TV pundit but like Carell he should've retired his tired snarky character. He's just too predictable now
>>
>>63852831
He wasn't a pundit. He just knew the current happenings and had ZANY comments on them. He's not a good actor, he acts like a character off of one of Dan Schneider's ZANY shows. Crazy Steve and that guy from iCarly come to mind.
>>
>>63852574
George Bush stopped being president and his entire joke evaporated overnight.
>>
>>63853337
>Dan Schneider
doesnt he have a middle name? can anyone tell me this mans full name?
>>
File: 1399431308510.jpg (188 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
1399431308510.jpg
188 KB, 1280x960
>>63852574
the character Colbert is a better talk show host than the real Colbert. If anything, he should go back to his character, people are used to it, and it suits him well.

Sometimes I feel like he comes off as a try hard like Fallon. I only watch the end now for the live performance.
>>
You want the real answer, or the answer you want /tv/ to give?

The real answer is that his show is too smart for the broadcast tv late night audience. Guests like the doctor who talked about what happiness is are too smart for that audience. They want lip sync battles, wacky e-celebrities, funny cat pictures, etc. Not presidential historians, Harvard professors, etc.

The /tv/ answer is because he is neo-liberal, SJW, neo-feminazi, cuck shill for his Jewish overlords who was never funny except to pothead college neckbeards.
>>
He's really just mich less entertaining or likable now. Being too smart isn't the problem Ior maybe it is and im retarded. Still his character was better
>>
>>63855685
>neo-liberal

I don't think you know what that word means
>>
I dant like hem mibe im not smat enouf but hes not too good
>>
>>63855951
I don't think you know what any words mean.
>>
>>63854892
Dan the meme molester Schneider
>>
He's just a leftist cuck that pretends he's not a leftist cuck.

Also his show is literally reddit.
>>
>>63855951
I don't think you know what satire means.
>>
>>63855951
>>neo-liberal
>I don't think you know what that word means

turns out that it means exactly the same thing as neo-conservative
>>
>>63856460
Not really, no it does not.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.