[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why didn't they just clone a Jedi?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 9
File: image.jpg (50 KB, 644x408) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50 KB, 644x408
Why didn't they just clone a Jedi?
>>
>>63852199
You can't clone the medichlorians and who wants an army of Larry Kenobis who can't use the force.
>>
>>63852199
They did in the EU
>>
Sheev wanted to use the clones to exterminate the Jedi, not make more of them

however I don't know why the fuck the Jedi/Republic were willing to use the clones if they didn't know who ordered them

its like the white house taking in some pizza they dont know who ordered it
>>
>>63852246
Aren't the medichlorians just bacteria that are attracted to strong force users?
>>
>>63852246
There's no such thing as mitty chlor eons, that's just a wacky theory Qi Gon had. No one else believes in it.
>>
>>63852270
Wouldn't the best way to kill Jedi be to use Force users on them?

Were all 60,000 Jedi really taken out by surprise? Those motherfuckers can take out armies, they should be able to thwart an assassination attempt
>>
>all 60,000 Jedi

No faggoty EU [citation needed]
>>
>>63852270
The republic was toothless to handle conflicts and the Jedi weren't able to deal with the growing threats. Plus wasn't it implied that a Jedi was involved in ordering the clones?
>>
>>63852407
It's just a number I pulled out of my ass.

It seems kind of small, though, considering there's like a quadrillion people in the galaxy
>>
>>63852383
Most the Jedi were pretty low skill level. Only the council meant anything.
>>
>>63852468
The midichlorians are pretty rare.
>>
Why didn't they just clone Jar Jar Binks and threaten a Jar Jar swarm on any planet that resisted?
>>
>>63852578
>we-sa coming to get you-sa
>>
Camerlango ass faget right there
>>
>>63852578
No one in the galaxy could've control that kind of power. It would've spread like a virus, until every system was infested by Jar Jars.
>>
Why didn't they just clone Wookies?

Wookies have human level intelligence, and they're like a million times as strong as a dude
>>
>>63852286
No, every being has them. The concentration of them makes you force sensitive. JJ intelligently ignored them.
>>
>>63852199
Why did Sheev waste his time with the whole clone army plan when he could have just cloned himself and taken over the galaxy with a million spinning sheevs
>>
You can clone their body, but you can't clone their soul. A clone of a Jedi would be useless because the clone would not have the same connection to the force, which is something that must be learned. If you're going to teach someone to use the force from scratch, why bother making it a clone? Just teach someone already alive.
>>
>>63852714
Every being is "force-sensitive", get that EU term out of here. People with high counts are the only ones worth a shit to the Jedi. It's just a way of measuring power level to show how the Jedi were overextending their reach by identifying children early and basically indoctrinating them. Most Jedi didn't have a choice in the matter.
>>
>Luuke
>Luuuke
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1qyXxLIXLw&t=1m25s
>>
>>63852873
>muh souls
get out
>>
>>63852957

Look dude, I'm an atheist, but this is a fantasy story about a metaphysical connection to ab all-powerful Force controlling everything. Jedi are not biologically Jedi, they are spiritually Jedi. Even midichlorians are just connectors to the Force. If the clone hasn't shared the experiences of the original Jedi, they won't be drawn to him or her.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (198 KB, 3000x1688) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
198 KB, 3000x1688
>>63853092
>Look dude, I'm an atheist,
Stopped reading right there.
>>
>>63852889
Exactly, it was just the identifying marker of someone strong with the force. Why wouldn't this be genetic? Otherwise grabbing them as babies would be pointless.
>>
>>63853158

Faith is the refuge of the wilfully ignorant, so at least you're consistent.
>>
>>63852578
>It aint meesa starts playing
>>
>>63853092
>Jedi are not biologically Jedi, they are spiritually Jedi.
nigga biologically and spiritually are tied together. if (s)he is a carbon copy of a jedi, than (s)he will have the same capabilities as that jedi because they're for all intents and purposes the same exact person
>>
The Clone Wars were originally gonna be clone jedi.
>>
>>63853175
>Why wouldn't this be genetic?

Because it's mystical.
>>
>>63853212
L M A O
>>
>>63853092
So some people are just born with stronger souls than others? Again they take them as babies to train them as Jedi before they even have spiritual experiences. Also Luke and Leia inherited the Force from their Father so why not a clone?
>>
>>63853225
>nigga biologically and spiritually are tied together. if (s)he is a carbon copy of a jedi, than (s)he will have the same capabilities as that jedi because they're for all intents and purposes the same exact person

NOPE.

How would that work when they force ghost? The clone would be a soulless aberration bruh.
>>
>>63853212
>he thinks the universe just magiced itself into existence

Literally retarded.
>>
>>63853284
you would have 2 force ghosts of the same person famalam
>>
>>63853264
>So some people are just born with stronger souls than others?

No. Look: we're basing this almost solely off of Anakin Skywalker, so our POV is skewed. Anakin was only born because midichlorians manipulated him into being. He was UNNATURALLY tied to the force from birth. Master Yoda had a count that came close and he'd been a practicing Jedi for hundreds of years, his midichlorian count would have been higher over time. A midichlorian count can increase over time.

>some people are just born with stronger souls than others

Why not? Some caves are strong with the dark side of the force.

>Luke and Leia inherited the Force from their Father

The force isn't a mutation or superpower! It's what binds the galaxy together. They inherited an aptitude, not powers. Something innate and non-physical. A clone is just a duplication of a body, it's not a metaphysical process. Could you clone Ben Kenobi's Force ghost? THINK ABOUT IT.
>>
>>63853308
>he thinks god just magicked himself into existence
Literally retarded.
>>
Midichlorians are non-canon
>>
>>63853544
God has always existed senpai.

Just how dumb are you?
>>
File: image.jpg (153 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
153 KB, 800x600
>>63853158
*tips pedophile hat*
>>
>>63853544
Watch out, we have an rebel here.
>>
>>63853641
The Universe has always existed senpai.

Just how dumb are you ?
>>
>>63853641
God must be an atheist, because he doesn't believe in a higher power than himself.
God is a fedora tipper.
>>
>>63853666
That's demonstrably false. The Universe has a beginning. God does not.
>>
>>63853666
>>63853544
>I'm just going to keep responding by copying what he says. I'm so smart!
>>
>>63853520
>Anakin was only born because midichlorians manipulated him into being.
wot
>>
>>63853308
>he thinks that the universe was magiced into existence by an immortal, omnipotent, omnipresent, omniscient, benevolent creator and we're at the centre of it

Nice grand narrative.

If you have no problem believing a supreme being as described above can exist without causation, you should have no problem accepting that some things are beyond human comprehension, or at least beyond our range of current knowledge. Just because we can't fully comprehend how something came from nothing doesn't mean "god did it" is a plausible answer, just a superficially satisfying one. Man created gods, not the other way around.
>>
>>63853666
>american education system, ladies and gentlemen
Incorrect!

You should really do some research before discussing such matters.
>>
>>63853709
I think by "midichlorians", he ment Sheev's sperm.
>>
>>63853691
Oh look, he watched the Doug Stanhope special.
>>
>>63853692
Demonstrate God's beginning then.
>>
>>63853792
Can you read, kid?
>>
>>63853692
>talks about things being demonstrably false with some level of authority
>claims god is real
>thinks something not having a beginning makes sense but it can't possibly be anything other than a god

This shit is fucking primitive.
>>
>>63852270
>I don't know why the fuck the Jedi/Republic were willing to use the clones if they didn't know who ordered them
A thousand times this. Biggest flaw in all the prequels
>>
>>63853709

In The Phantom Menace, Shmi Skywalker tells Qui-Gon Jinn than Anakin had no father.

In Revenge of the Sith, Palpatine tells Anakin that Darth Plagueis could manipulate the midichlorians to create life.
>>
File: 1402575508281s.jpg (4 KB, 125x120) Image search: [Google]
1402575508281s.jpg
4 KB, 125x120
>>63853845
Still butthurt because you didn't know the Universe had a beginning?

Typical athiest, unable to comprehend even the most basic science.
>>
>>63853792
You are saying the universe has to have started at some point. You say therefore there must be a first mover. You say this first mover has to be a god-like figure. I bet You say this god-like figure must be the god of Abraham and is described either partly or entirety by a holy book. You still haven't demonstrated any of those steps.
>>
>>63853914
>Still butthurt because you didn't know the Universe had a beginning?

Different person dude. I'm >>63853731

I'm well aware the universe has a beginning. The fact that it had a beginning does not lead to the conclusion that gods made it.
>>
>>63853903
but how does that work
who's the dad
>>
>>63853954
>he still thinks the universe has been around forever

Pick up a book sometime. You might learn something.
>>
>>63853996

Plagueis is the "dad". He put a baby in Shmi with the Force because he was using Dark Side powers to do fucked up shit like cheat death and create life.
>>
>>63853973
Occam's razor says otherwise.
>>
>>63854062
So he Forced himself on her?
>>
>>63854030
I never said that. I just said is isn't demonstrable. I believe the universe has a start. I just don't think that means the god of Abraham is real.
>>
>>63854073

"The universe created itself" it's an easyest and more plausible answer than "A god came of fucking nowhere and created the universe".
>>
>>63854136
>it magiced itself into being
No, only an absolute retard could come to that conclusion.
>>
>>63854030
>something beyond our comprehension is likely to have existed before the universe as we know it and time itself

Cool, agreed. Now tell me why in the everloving fuck this unknowable something would be a supreme being of any kind.
>>
>>63854182
It's the simplest explanation.
>>
>>63854073

...the fuck? Occam's razor means you shouldn't make an unnecessary assumption. Like the unnecessary assumption that a fucking deity exists.
>>
>>63853242

it has never been mystical, it has always been lineage and bloodlines
>>
>>63852270
IT WAS FREE PIZZA
FREE FUCKING PIZZA
>>
>>63853225
>(s)he
You're a fag(got)
>>
>>63852711
A good idea in theory but the Wookie's can't adapt to every environment because of their fur (although I suppose they could shave them) and plus humans are the most common and "standard" species in the galaxy. The most versatile and easy to produce. Plus Wookies probably have a much more specific diet and their armor would have to be much bigger than human clone armor. It would be a hell of a lot more expensive to have a Wookie clone army than a human clone army. Humans are cheap and adaptable. Simple as that.
>>
File: 1317459409063.jpg (19 KB, 250x259) Image search: [Google]
1317459409063.jpg
19 KB, 250x259
>>63854177

Dude, if your god can exist without something to create it then why can't existence itself?
>>
>>63854227

..I..what?

The simplest explanation, Occam's razor is abrahamic deity figure?

Come again?
>>
>>63854327
Learn to read, son.
>>
>>63854324
That's just ridiculous, junior.
>>
>>63854227

The simplest explanation to where babies come from is that the stork brings them. The simplest explanation as to how presents end up under your tree is that Santa brings them. At one point people believed the world was flat, the simplest explanation.
>>
>>63854373

When you explain your usage of an idea that you clearly do not understand, I will fully and willingly allow you to call me son.

You just tried to use reductio ad absurdum and failed horribly to the point multiple people had a what the fuck moment.
>>
>>63853520
They would be seperate ghosts but look the same because their force ghosts only look as they remember themselves. Clones would have the same aptitude because they would be the same in many ways.
>>
File: yoda-1.jpg (228 KB, 948x1200) Image search: [Google]
yoda-1.jpg
228 KB, 948x1200
>>63854265
>it has never been mystical, it has always been lineage and bloodlines
>luminous beings are we, not this crude matter
>>
>>63854426
>The simplest explanation to where babies come from is that the stork brings them.
They come from a womans vagine.

The simplest explanation as to how presents end up under your tree is that Santa brings them.
Your parents put them there.

At one point people believed the world was flat, the simplest explanation.
That was never the simplest explanation.

I didn't realise I was conversing with someone so young. You should not be on this site and this conversation is over.
>>
File: Palp_trustme.jpg (180 KB, 1529x1200) Image search: [Google]
Palp_trustme.jpg
180 KB, 1529x1200
Why didn't he create an army of clones of himself?
>>
>>63854501

Obi-wan opens up the very first movie talking about power and how like his father, he has that power.

The very first movie, well ahead of that they talk about bloodlines.

And during that movie they mention his sister as another who might save them, again bloodlines. For every example you can bring up, they're ones that already exist in the very movies you're quoting, it has always been about skywalkers, it might not have started that way with the complete idea but it is now, Skywalker Legacy
>>
>>63854413

How is it more ridiculous than the idea that there's a god, or gods? That's without getting to all the superstitious crazy that you doubtless tack on to that baseless belief.
>>
>>63852199
Fuck that, why not just get a blood transfusion from a jedi to become one?
>>
>>63854546
One of them would kill him.
>>
>>63854581

The thrawn novels go into this very idea because to even clone non-force users, they still needed creatures to eliminate the force to clone stormtroopers.
>>
>>63854572
>you must LEARN the ways of the force and become a Jedi like your father
>the force is what gives a Jedi his power

Not his lineage. The force.
>>
>>63854590
Only if he was there on the ground, an army of sheevs would be like releasing dogs with rabies on the inside of a short bus
>>
>>63854298
damn nikka sorry
>>
Why didn't Anakin try spinning?
>>
>>63854523

The point I'm making is that a complex concept like reproduction can be quickly glossed over with a falsehood, to be explained simply to those who cannot or will not entertain the facts of the matter.

The point I'm making is that something as mundane as your parents giving you presents can be made to feel magical and special by being couched in a grand narrative.

The point I'm making is that if you're raised to believe the world is flat, you will believe the world is flat.
>>
>>63852199
Why clone a jedi when you can clone an entire movie and make billions.
>>
>>63854324
Christfags btfo

>believing fairytale bullshit just because of peer pressure

You probably would have drunk the kool-aid too
>>
>>63854685

it is about skywalkers as a legacy, legacy in this case is a bloodline and to the point of grounding it they go into it in ROTJ, "I have it, my father has it, my sister has it"

The force is tied to the bloodline, you're confusing the basic animus of every being have baseline potential and the amount of potential.

Anakin Skywalker = walking god.

Kid Fister = Red shirt Jedi

both had force, both got fucked up

but one had a lot more potential than the other from the beginning, tied to his bloodline.
>>
File: king.jpg (86 KB, 500x788) Image search: [Google]
king.jpg
86 KB, 500x788
>>63854841
>>
>>63854745
don't apologise now I feel bad fuck
>>
Why is Ewan McGregor so handsome?
>>
>>63854581
>why not just get a blood transfusion from a jedi

Because the midichlorians would leave the bloodstream in the process. They're symbiotes.
>>
>>63854870
You want his Obi-Wan
>>
>>63854523
>you'll understand when you're older
>I was indoctrinated by my parents and anyone who disagrees with me is obviously a rebellious teen hothead

Baka desu sempai
>>
>>63854581
Might only work temporarily. Depends on how midichlorians work on a biological level. Might work like a passive immunization or something. Maybe they need to HLA type or some shit.
>>
>>63852199
THAT'S NOT HOW THE FORCE WORKS
>>
>>63854971
>>63852199
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Joruus_C'baoth

Don't know if cannon but google said it happened before.
>>
>>63854850
>"I have it, my father has it, my sister has it"

Yeah. Like a talent. The Coppola's are all strong in the film industry, cloning a Coppolaa isn't gonna do jack shit. Bob Marley, Damien Marley and Ziggy Marley all be jammin, but that doesn't mean you can get a blood transfusion and be a reggae god.
>>
>>63855048

oh no, here comes the Luuke, and Luuuuke jokes
>>
>>63855058

which is still a lineage, you can't fight city hall nigger and city hall in this case is bloodlines and legacy, the Skywalker Legacy, and you can learn all about it at Skywalker Ranchâ„¢
>>
>there are people on 4chan unironically defending deism
>>
>>63852268
Fucking europeans always ruining shit for everyone else
>>
>>63855159

I can only imagine the arguments that happened on opening night and some woman got confused about the acronym 'EU'
>>
>>63855156
hey man, whatever works for people
>>
>>63855156
Good to see you've stopped by, reddit.
>>
>>63852889
Do you think any Jedi were pedophiles and just in it for the cunny?
>>
>>63852322

no its kinda like the e-meters scientologists use, they believe it too, only yoda knows it's bullshit
>>
Why didn't they just centrifuge pure midochlorians out of blood and then transfuse them?
>>
>>63856304
Because they are not mitochondria you cant centrigue magic
>>
>>63856304

>eh thinks you can spin midichlorians

midichlorians spin you
Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.