[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I the only one who finds it a major flaw that Finn and Poe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 7
Am I the only one who finds it a major flaw that Finn and Poe instantly become best friends after meeting 2 minutes ago they are already quipping at each other while escaping? It's a little too 'Disney' for my tastes.
>>
>>63850368
Maybe you should kill yourself.
>>
>>63850389
I agree
>>
Poe would've still been a prisoner and died. What do you want?
>>
>>63850368
I noticed that as well
>>
They're not really quipping at each other. Poe's just the charming, jokey rogue sort, and Finn's getting caught up in the moment.
>>
>>63850368
They weren't best friends. They were just happy to see one another back from the grave, because they were under the assumption that the other one was dead. Pretty normal human interaction if you aren't autistic OP..
>>
>>63850495
he's talking about their first interactions
>>
>>63850417
A better script?
>>
>>63850368
Dude fuck you Finn and Poe broship4lyfe

No but really they are fucking magic on screen. Chemistry off the charts
>>
>>63850368
It's a movie. We don't want realism.
>>
>>63850368

If you are going to be tortured to death and a conscientious objector risks his life getting you out of there you are going to be mates with him for life.

Plus he was the first person to ever treat Finn with respect so of course he's going to like him back.
>>
Am I the only one who finds it a major flaw that OP is making a new thread about this movie when there are already active threads about this?
>>
>>63850368

yeah Finn just in general was pretty "dopey" and Poe just a little too "i'm too cool for this", but this is a movie for children mostly so i'm not going to let it ruin the movie for me

that being said, Poe's little bit when he got captured at first by Kylo where he was like "so this is awkward lol do i talk or you XD" kind of ruined the mood which was trying to build up kylo as intimidating in our first encounter with him.
>>
>>63850368
Storm Troopers pretty much have no life m8. Poe was one of the first people that Finn met and knew after denouncing the storm trooper way and they quickly bonded over a life threatening situation and a moment that was a turning point in Finn's life. Also, Poe seems like a charismatic "I treat everyone like they're my best friend" type
>>
>>63850368
When you're in a life threatening situation like that, you make allies fast. Plus, it was Finn's first friendly contact with another person ever. He probably was secretly in love with the guy.
>>
The harder the circumstances you're in with people, the faster you'll become friends.
>>
>>63850936
I thought the torture was alright. It definitely threw me when he started quipping but it quickly devolved into mindrape and screaming.
>>
If someone were to save my life I'd be very friendly towards them and banter is the best way to break the ice
>>
>>63850368
because Poe is just that fucking awesome.

i'd rather watch a movie about how Poe became the best pilot on the galaxy.
>>
File: CWlUMeoVAAAWXQr.jpg large.jpg (132 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
CWlUMeoVAAAWXQr.jpg large.jpg
132 KB, 1024x1024
Poe could sense their sexual tension and used it to get Finn to help him escape. So yeah it was Poe using his masculine charisma to manipulate the handsome young trooper, but there is also something deeper between them. A need, an urge, an impulse that cannot be denied.
>>
>>63850368

Does anyone else find it heartwarming that Dameron not only befriended Finn, but NAMED him?
>>
>>63850368
Thats just poe; He's a wiseass and likes to have fun in a bad situation. Finn was just named by the only good man he's ever met. He's like a smitten puppy. Of course they're jiving.
>>
I thought he was called Paul
>>
>>63850368
>quip
is this the new meme word now?
>>
They should have down played their meeting on the rebellion base. They shouldn't have hugged, all they did was fly an empire fighter together and he got taught how to use the controls. They aren't best friends after that.
>>
File: 1434323747165.jpg (76 KB, 695x407) Image search: [Google]
1434323747165.jpg
76 KB, 695x407
>>63850368

>fins sad that his storm trooper friend died
>meets poe
>"lol lets kill them all now and leave muh nigga bae"

also

>they crash
>fin can't find him
>finds him later
>"whoa what happened man!?!"
>"lol dude I fell out and woke up you weren't there"
>"Okay sounds good to me"

jesus fucking christ how did they write this so poorly. I feel like im taking crazy pills
>>
>>63850368
Is anyone else pissed at themselves that they didn't enjoy this movie? I really like to have fun and enjoy movies but this one just didn't sit well and now I'm mad that I didn't have fun. And you see all these other people who loved and you wish you could just enjoy it like they did. Anyone else feel this way?
>>
>>63851670
If only. The fact everyone has to drop a sarcastic line here and there really detracts from the presentation. It works in super hero flicks, not Star Wars.
>>
>>63850751
FINNxPOE WHEN
>>
>>63851670
>new
Been around since after Avengers m8
>>
File: 1449418597606.gif (811 KB, 678x422) Image search: [Google]
1449418597606.gif
811 KB, 678x422
>>63850368
they both saved each other's lives
if that doesn't build a bro4lyfe, then I don't know what does
>>
>>63851714
>fins sad that his storm trooper friend died
writing fanfiction already?
>>
>>63850368
Their friendship was so forced

maybe that why they called it forced awakens
>>
>>63851701
see >>63851029
>>
Poe and Finn should have been 1 character and had no reason to exist separately. You can tell Poe was originally Finn, who was invented like mid-way through production
>>
>>63851460

not the torture part, when he first captured him on Jakku. the torture scene was pretty good
>>
>>63851753
It's called being an edgy tryhard.
>Why can't I enjoy things?
>Why can't I feel happiness
>I've become so numb
>>
>>63852159

i think they probably invented Poe so that someone could be with the X wings attacking the death star. otherwise we wouldn't be as invested in them

it was definitely bullshit how he was missing for like an entire hour especially since he's like the best actor in the movie
>>
>>63850368
Coming from a shut-in autist who probably hasn't seen another human in several weeks, your opinion doesn't count for much.
>>
OP, have you ever just hit it off with someone? What am I saying? Ff course you never leave the basement
>>
>>63850368
Well if you ever left you're basement and found male companionship you would know it happens fast.
>>
Why are bromances so great to watch on screen?
>>
Why does Oscar Isaac look so different in every movie he's in?
>>
>>63850936
Sounds like you're mad that you don't have the balls to say some one-liner to some Darth Vader-esque villian who has your life in the palm of your hands.
>>
HOL UP
So Oscar Isaac's character gets tortured in the movie? Is he shirtless? Does he get electric shocks to the nipples or what? I need more details because I might need to pick a more private spot to see this.
>>
>>63852885

no but its implied (not shown) that his balls are cut off so if you're into that bring some lube
>>
>People say their 'bromance' was good and believable
Do you people not have friends, have you never met people? It was ham-fisted as fuck

>hey these people are best friends now aren't you feeling adventurous yet? Aren't you having a good Disney time?
FUCK you Luke and Han worked because their relationship was fucking developed and well written jesus
>>
>>63852947
>implied
cant fap to that
how disappointing, hopefully the whole thing will be in the deleted scenes special
>>
I hope these two turn to be a gay couple. It'd be super progressive! Cuckfags getting btfo is just a bonus.
>>
>>63851524
i'm a way hetero-dude but this pic still gives me the hungriest boner
>>
>>63853001

i feel like you don't have friends
>>
>>63851928
was that not heavily implied tho?
iirc the hand that made the bloodstain on FN's helmet was black, I thought it was his bro or sumpn
>>
>>63855014

I thought he was just freaking out coz he's a big coward
>>
>>63852394
Id love some sort of short showing Poe waking up and having to smooth talk his way home through some awkward encounters.
>>
"I don't have any relationships with people besides my mom and so this character interaction feels foreign and weird to me" the thread.
>>
>>63850368
it's not disney

it's star wars
>>
File: 1388377086341.png (89 KB, 250x259) Image search: [Google]
1388377086341.png
89 KB, 250x259
>have the Resistance's top pilot as a prisoner
>presumably has tons of info still left to give
>random janitor Stormtrooper walks in and gets him
>walks all fucking over the death star with this prized prisoner, no one stops him
>no one asks "wait shouldn't that guy be back in his prison cell"?
>>
>>63850368
OP, and Poe NEVER considered that he was being played!!!FACT!!!
>>
>>63854562
It does?

That's pretty gay man. Have you thought about tasting cock just to see how you like it? It's 2015, no judgement here, give it a go.
>>
>>63855163
Yeah I agree. I don't see it being implied that he cared for his fellow stormtroopers. The hand thing HAD to happen because that's how they chose to give him an identity, before he was "the sweaty black guy" he was "the one with the striped face"
>>
>>63850368
poe was gonna get tortured or just killed and finn was signed up for some kind of first order concentration camp. they were both fucked and kind of rescued each other so they became friends, doesn't seem that bad
>>
File: 1434318001958.png (2 KB, 184x156) Image search: [Google]
1434318001958.png
2 KB, 184x156
>>63850368
>Poe names Finn
>Keeps cheering him on in the escape scene, making he do better
>Finn basically gets all his confidence from that one escape
>Poe sees that Finn's alive
>Is so happy he literally runs for a relief hug

Man, why is he such a bro? I'm literally saying ''What a guy'', fuck me.
>>
>>63858075
then why did he go to see if he could help him?
>>
>>63857752
I doubt everyone would've known who the prisoner was or looked like, just the people on the mission to Jakku with Kylo.
>>
>>63858177
Pod is easily the most based fucking character in the new trilogy
>>
>>63858207
I don't know, but my guess is he didn't wanna kill anybody and he didn't want it to show either so helping a wounded stormtrooper would've been something to focus on
It's probably what I'd do if I was put on a battlefield desu
>>
>there will never be a movie purely about finn and poe taking on fleets of enemy ships together in a tie fighter or 2 man xwing.
>>
>>63852394
Pretty sure while writing the script they had just Poe and Rey, then Abrams came in with a diversity quota and they split 1 character into 2 so one of them could be black
>>
>>63850368
If some guy was helping me escape a slave ship I wouldn't be too hesitant to call him my friend, I don't know about you
>>
>>63851714
>"lol lets kill them all now and leave muh nigga bae"

I can't believe that this is one of the things that people here are latching onto to criticize the movie and more specifically Finn's character. The movie has a lot of problems but this isn't one of them.
>>
File: tumblr_nxbxa39BLY1qiaxzfo3_250.gif (1 MB, 245x240) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nxbxa39BLY1qiaxzfo3_250.gif
1 MB, 245x240
>>63851524
I've been waiting for this.
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.