[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Post YFW you realise that The Force Awakens didn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Darth_Maul_profile.png (785 KB, 653x816) Image search: [Google]
Darth_Maul_profile.png
785 KB, 653x816
>Post YFW you realise that The Force Awakens didn't have a scene anywhere near as epic as this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dskTEpaR_xI
>>
havent seen TFA, but rewatched ep 1-3 and this stood out to me as actually way better than it was back in the day

is TFA really shit?
>>
>>63848660
Don't listen to the shit posts. It's a pretty good movie.
>>
>>63848660
The big lightsaber duel style from III is toned down in TFA. Instead of trained swordsmen, the fighters only have basic skill and Luke to learn from.
>>
File: wifu.jpg (311 KB, 525x1258) Image search: [Google]
wifu.jpg
311 KB, 525x1258
>>63848416

> MFW
>>
>>63848815

Hawt or nawt?
>>
>>63848416

while that duel was indeed visually gripping there was no real story or character motivation behind the fight, they just thought eh we might as well fight him since we both have lightsabers and all, it didn't have the emotional tension and character development of the duels from the original trilogy and the duel at the end of TFA
>>
>>63848660
no
>>
>>63848660
Yeah.
>>
>>63848660
I went through thre prequels and OT before watching TFA.

Yes, the prequels were better. Going into it with the mindset of "I'm watching Lucas do space!courtl-romance/chivalry stuff not space!adventures" made it a more enjoyable experience all round.

Not saying they were good -- they're not, and not on the same league as the OT -- but they're better films than TFA. Yes, even 2.
>>
>>63848896
While what you say is partially true. You can't say there wasn't tension when Maul shows up and Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon volunteer themselves to stop him from killing Padme. It was a well directed scene even if the characters had no direct investment in each other.
>>
>>63848660
It's pretty decent
>>
>>63848933
I agree with this
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.