[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Luke, did I ever tell you about Maz Kanata? When the Emperor
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (99 KB, 500x684) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
99 KB, 500x684
Luke, did I ever tell you about Maz Kanata? When the Emperor issued Order 66 to destroy all Jedi, she was left alive, despite being very open about her knowledge of the Force. Hell, even your best friend, Han Solo, knows about her Force powers. Oh yeah, she is also older than Yoda and doesn't live in a dangerous swamp. You should pay her a visit sometimes. She was a good friend.
>>
She looked like a character out of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles or some shit.
>>
She's a Harry Potter character.
>>
The Galaxy is a big place, there are cleary force users who are not Jedi. Order 66 was to kill all Jedi, she is not one, and wouldn't even have been on the empires radar. She has a little cantina temple on a remote planet and hordes items. It's likely Han Solo ran into her during all of his adventures smuggling (even after Ep6) and Obi Wan wouldn't know of her. She doesn't live in a swamp because she doesn't have to. Yoda did, because the empire would have killed him on sight.
>>
>"don't stare at it"
>"at what?"
>"all of it"
>>
>>63847219
>older than Yoda
Source? She doesn't seem anywhere near as old as he was even in Phantom Menace

And clearly Han met her after the whole Knights of Ren business when he went back to his old trade
>>
>>63847614
>you know how Yoda is 900 years old, well she's 1000 years old

-JJ Abrams
>>
>>63847663
>-JJ Abrams

FUCK YOU JJ
>>
>>63847663
>You know how the Death Star is as big as a small moon?
>Well the star killer is as big as a planet

- JJ Abrams
>>
>>63847588
That line legitimately had me chuckling. I wonder how late in the game they filmed those scenes, because they had way more chemistry in them than in a lot of the others.
>>
>>63847219
>to destroy all Jedi, she was left alive
She is not a Jedi, retard. Being a force sentient doesn't mean you have to be a Jedi/Sith.
>>
>>63847663
Thought you were bullshitting, but nope that was a legit quote. Fuck sake.
One of Yoda's defining traits is that he was The old guy. Ridiculously old. And he goes & dies of old age.
I kinda liked her (although she seemed far too kind & trusting considering the company she kept & Han's warning) but this just feels like JJ made her purely as another attempt to one-up the previous films
>>
>>63847701
>You know how the other protagonists took their entire trilogies in order to discover their force powers?
>Well my protag only takes 20 minutes
-JJ
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.