[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Professional critic Mark Kermode agrees, it's the best
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
Professional critic Mark Kermode agrees, it's the best film in the franchise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPHor1G-uqY

Which franchise will JJ save next?
>>
indiana jones
>>
File: img_6045.png (108 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
img_6045.png
108 KB, 240x240
>>63846845
>Professional critic
>>
> best film in the franchise

Yes for millenials and autists of course.
>>
>best film in franchise
fuckin hell, iknew he couldn't be rusted after skyfall
>>
>>63846962
Or for well adjusted individuals like Professional Critic Mark Kermode
>>
He likes it because it's very PC and doesn't take itself too seriously. The originals were pretty messed up in how they treated black and female characters, but in the same way that gave it it's old time charm (a LONG time ago in a galaxy far far away). The whole point, at least for me, was how much the past resembled the future, I mean it was a Sci fi movie, but it looked like a Western half the time. There were bar shootouts, and hookers, and all kinds of awesome shit your dad would love. It was just badass, the new ones just feel like they're pulling every "socially progressive" card in their deck.
>>
>>63846845
>needing the opinion of others to reinforce your own "opinion"

>"everyone else liked it y-you contrarians"
>>
>>63846845
Objectively speaking, it might be the best film in the franchise. It's just that we're very nostalgia-glassing the previous films.

Just look:
>The scale, the grandiose of it.
>Sets, animatronics, prob more in one movie that was earlier made for the rest 6.
>Some actually good characters, despite /tv/ not being fond of them.
>Competently written and not-clunky action sequences.
>The script that was designed to make you want more and there was almost TOO MUCH going on, while in the earlier movies very often there was nothing going on.
>>
>>63847527
Kids who grew up with this one will give it its due
>>
>>63846962
Fuck you i'm a millennial and i'm fucking pissed at this movie
>>
>>63847878
>i'm fucking pissed at this movie
get a life
>>
>>63847965
>he thinks the 2 things are mutually exclusive.

That tells all about your "life"
>>
File: 1281497244355.jpg (8 KB, 329x220) Image search: [Google]
1281497244355.jpg
8 KB, 329x220
>people shit on L O S T by claiming JJ is a hack
>he has now saved not only the Star Trek franchise but the STAR WARS franchise and is now one of the most famous and beloved directors in the world

get fucked all those Heroes fans from 9 years ago
>>
>>63846845
>preface where he explains not liking the OT

INTO THE TRASH IT GOES
>>
how can it not be? ep4 was made in a basement and 5 and 6 werent even supposed to happen
>>
>best film in the franchise

That's an achievement by your measure OP?
>>
>compliments a lot of individual aspects
>talks about the audience reaction
>review ends with Mayo asking him what happens in the film and him not answering

fucking top kek
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.