[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The prequels were much better written, they had actual characters
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5
The prequels were much better written, they had actual characters and story, not a bunch of memes and one-liners that lack any emotion or coherence. Luke is a cliched everyboy "hero" that goes through an absurdly rapid transformation between the fifth and the sixth episodes. Anakin's emotional instability and his exposure as a psychopath are gripping; and his doomed relationship with Padme is touching. In the "original trilogy" Han, Leia, Darth Vader and Obi Wan are complete meme characters, nothing about them is remotely believable or human. And why doesn't anyone care about deaths in those movies? Leia's planet destruction, Luke's stepparents' death, all of the blown up rebels--the list could go on--all the deaths are forgotten moments later.

As for direction, the movies from the "original trilogy" were mostly incoherent, badly edited and full of logical problems. The prequel trilogy is a work of a "vulgar auteur".

I feel neutral about the series overall, and honestly don't care about trolling or contrarianism. Here are my sincere rankings:

1. "Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones"
2. "Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace"
3. "Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith"
4. "Star Wars"
5. "The Empire Strikes Back"
6. "Return of the Jedi"
8. "The Force Awakens"

Episode 7 isn't even a Star Wars movies. It is a Marvel flick masquerading as one.
>>
>>63846488
I agree, but EP7 brought in a lot of people from reddit who are mentally undeveloped and can't handle contrasting views.
>>
File: this is bait.jpg (108 KB, 711x800) Image search: [Google]
this is bait.jpg
108 KB, 711x800
>trip
>stupid shit

remember to sage in the options field
>>
File: image.jpg (105 KB, 900x601) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
105 KB, 900x601
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDHVB8-YBMk

Lyrics to His Box:
(?) as she make a point
He needs some point of reference
He is very cold indeed
Nothing ever happens in his box
Oh, oh, oh, oh
Buddha speaks quietly in the night
Can you see what you know
Buddha says there is no wrong or right
You just reap what you sow
Oh, oh, oh
Still not able to see the sun
Desperately looks for the door
Blinded by the fool inside
Everything is happening in his box
Oh, oh, oh
Buddha is giggling out of sight (sight)
There's no such thing as shame
With a light blow the box has gone
He's with himself again
Oh, oh, oh, oh
>>
Non Star Wars fan here. Are the prequels actually bad outside of the shitty CGI and bad acting (I have seen enough of them to see that), or is it just fanboy butthurt?
>>
>>63846488
>The prequels were much better written
"From my point of view the Jedi are evil."

Stop meming
>>
>>63846900
The obvious plot armor takes all the excitement from te original triology though
>>
>>63846488
Why do you prefer TPM over Revenge of the Sith though? Sheev vs Yoda is one of the best highlights of the trilogy. It's unparalleled cheese with an authentic dramatic undertone, something that is actually pretty hard to pull off all things considered.

Episode 7 is like that really bland normal dude with really popular opinions on everything and a lot of empty shit to say that doesn't amount to anything

The prequel trilogy is that really shut-off weird kid who lives in his bubble 24/7, plays handhelds in public and has no self-awareness at all. Great imagination, but kind of autistic and doesn't really know how to be around people
>>
File: image.jpg (117 KB, 684x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
117 KB, 684x1024
>>63847175
That's kind of an interesting point. JJ is sort of a social 'progressive', and George is a visual 'reactionary'.

George's Byzantine and somewhat dull character exchanges actually mask a first-rate painter and weaver. He knows all of the pieces on the chessboard even if he can't find the right words to put in their mouth.

There's actually less room for praise and blame in George's stuff. JJ seems to be more of a micro analyst, and conscious moralist, which is kind of interesting because it's already changing the formula.

Finally, someone had the guts to make this movie, so someone else will have to guts to improve on it.
>>
>>63846632
>ad hominem
post hidden :^)
>>
File: 1439516393313.png (80 KB, 500x501) Image search: [Google]
1439516393313.png
80 KB, 500x501
>i honestly dont care about trolling or contrarianism
>rates episode 2 as the best
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.