[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was this tiny piece of the map really that important
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: _IMG_000000_000000.jpg (2 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
_IMG_000000_000000.jpg
2 MB, 5312x2988
Was this tiny piece of the map really that important
>>
Like it was so underwhelming and they could have just searched that area and still found him quickly, bb8 was pretty useless the whole time
>>
>>63846694

Galaxies are pretty big, dumbass.
>>
File: MainGalaxy.png (2 MB, 1471x1321) Image search: [Google]
MainGalaxy.png
2 MB, 1471x1321
>>63846405

I would imagine its part of the unknown regions of the galaxy, so they probably had no idea what the hell was out there
>>
Wasn't Luke hiding where he found his new Jedi Order?

The dude barely moved and somehow there's a search for him.
>>
>>63846405
this also confused me, but like >>63847747 this guy said, I assume it was just an unknown part of the galaxy or something, something that wasn't properly documented.

Unlikely, sure, but whatever works.
>>
>"Yeah, we've mapped out every single bit of the galaxy except for this one tiny little space that this little droid is going to conveniently have on a futuristic flash drive"

-JJ Abrams
>>
>>63846405

What I want to know, is how this map even existed in the first place. Was Luke tweeting out his location the entire time? How would anybody know where he went, let alone put it on a map for other people to use. Plus, wasn't the whole purpose of finding him to get him to come back and help the resistance? Why did they just drop Rey off and leave them. Wouldn't Leia have some questions for him? Wouldn't they want to meet up and discuss what just happened?
>>
>>63846405
>only have about a 20th of a map of the whole galaxy
>entire resistance is too stupid to work out which 20th chunk it is

this is like showing a (non-american) Earth adult a map of France and everyone being dumbfounded on where it is on the planet
>>
>>63848095
Chewie and R2 didn't leave Rey there. You can see the Falcon in the background as she reaches that stone village thing higher up the mountain.
>>
>>63846405
You know how hard it is to find just one motherfucker in a city? Now try to find a guy on a planet in a section of the galaxy.
>>
File: milky-way.jpg (185 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
milky-way.jpg
185 KB, 1024x1024
>>63848172

I'm pretty sure they know where it is in the galaxy, its just how many systems do you think are in that 20th chunk of the map? It would take a lifetime to search them all. They needed a more exact location.

It would be like trying to find Earth in this picture. Could you do it?
>>
>>63848172

They didn't have that 20th chunk. That was the entire plot of the movie, was getting that chunk of map back to the resistance. Remember how Poe went to Jakku searching for it?
>>
File: us.png (1 MB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
us.png
1 MB, 1024x1024
>>63848317
We're clearly here. Did you face astrography or something?
>>
>>63848467

Thats a pretty big circle anon. How many planets are in that circle do you think? I need a more exact location. The point is, finding a single planet in an entire galaxy when you don't even know what planet you're looking for, in presumably an uncharted region of space, is probably pretty difficult.
>>
>>63847747
people can zip from planet to planet in no time. how the fuck do they have such a huge portion of the galaxy unexplored?
>>
>>63848673

>people can zip from known planet to known planet in no time

ftfy
>>
>>63848673
The Milky Way has on the order of 10^11 stars. Assuming the Star Wars galaxy is similar in size, that's a lot of shit to explore.
>>
>>63848591
Put your faith in Space Jesus and let Him take the Space Wheel of your Space Car.
>>
>>63848835
how to planets become known? maybe by zipping to them in no time.
>>
File: 1391500259597.jpg (8 KB, 212x218) Image search: [Google]
1391500259597.jpg
8 KB, 212x218
>>63846405
I don't think people complaining about this scene actually understand just how fucking big a galaxy is.
>>
>>63850013
They don't.
>>
>>63848673
if you know how fuckhuge the real Galaxy is you'd be acting amazed that they've explored so much of it.

there are like 40 stars for every human who has ever lived.
>>
>>63848317
every fucking pixel of this picture contains tens of thousands of stars lmao
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.