[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who is the typical "Star Wars fan" nowadays? Is it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 129
Thread images: 22
File: 1434171142455.jpg (69 KB, 376x304) Image search: [Google]
1434171142455.jpg
69 KB, 376x304
Who is the typical "Star Wars fan" nowadays?

Is it an obese 40-year-old manchild, or a clueless Millennial bandwagon-jumper?
>>
a redditor
>>
>>63845376
Faggots
>>
>>63845376

Pretty much both.. I mean there's obviously a lot of the latter. Just look at reddit and all that nieve retarded blind praise the film is getting from a bunch of fags.
>>
Tumblrinas.
>>
>>63845376
College kid who likes prequel trilogy despite its flaws.

I know a lot of those, personally.
>>
Normies, just like it has always been. Star Wars was never really a "nerd thing" like Trek was.
>>
>>63845376
6-15 yo children
>>
prequel fans: true patricians, probably lurk and post on /tv/, probably fans of James Cameron, probably even big guys

OT: older nostalgia sluts, the younger fans are ifls holds up spork types

TFA: star trek jj abrams type cancer, like the younger fans of OT but more vocal and le retweet about it. basically just followers
>>
>>63845476
I like the prequels. I still hate TFA.
>>
File: Why_not_both-.jpg (14 KB, 228x221) Image search: [Google]
Why_not_both-.jpg
14 KB, 228x221
>>
>>63845521
There are parts I liked about some prequels.

There are parts I liked about TFA

But I dare you to look me in the eyes and tell me Attack of the Clones wasn't irredeemable piece of shit and arguably worst movie in existence. I double dare you.
>>
>>63845482
Those are the main audience but I wouldn't insult them by calling them 'fans'.

You become a fan when you're an overfrown manchild obsessed with kids movies.
>>
Just came back from this, cinema literally had everyone: obese manchildren, but also grandparents and grandkids, chads, middle-aged couples. Don't get upset if something has global appeal.
>>
>>63845376
>Obese
I'm a bit overweight.
>40 year-old
I'm getting too close
>manchild
Subjective. But I'm a little on the immature side.

I like Star Wars but I thought this was one of the best ones.
>>
>>63845376
College students who saw the movies when they were kids and had the toys.
>>
File: image.jpg (199 KB, 736x1104) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
199 KB, 736x1104
>>63845376
>/pol/ is so mad
Everyone like Star Wars homie. Pic fucking related.
>>
File: Cuck.png (213 KB, 655x367) Image search: [Google]
Cuck.png
213 KB, 655x367
>>63845386
>>63845433
>>63845413
>>63845477
>>63845510
You are all correct
>>
>>63845477
Yeah, Trek was the "nerd thing" if anything. Most of the time in fiction you would see the nerd archetype be infatuated with Star Wars, but that's only because old tv writers can't think up of any new material.
>>
Star Wars fans are:
- 50-year-old men who saw the originals in theaters and fell in love with it
- their children whose parents (above) introduced them
- mid-20s to 30s who saw the prequels in theaters and liked it
- plus their children

Now with The Force Awakens, it'll be this generation of children.
>>
>>63845376
probably both

true story:
Some faggot at the store was telling a woman "and now there's star wards coming out every couple years so your kids are going to have a bunch of cool stuff to get excited about"

basically stard wars is for people with no life
>>
>>63845591

I thought Phantom Menace was the shit one
>>
>>63845376
The only people I know who don't like star wars or don't care are pretty girls who think it's too nerdy for them.
>>
>>63845645
wtf, her tits look as small as Natalie Portman's in that.
>>
>>63845376
When I went to see it the most prominant demographics were:

Old fat people
Old Fat people and their children.

Me and my 2 friends were a bit out of place.
>>
File: 1417762105616.jpg (28 KB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
1417762105616.jpg
28 KB, 360x360
>>63845678
>saw the prequels in theaters and liked it
>>
>internet neckbeards are trying to control who can and can't be Star Wars fans
Last gasps of poor little white bois desu
>>
71% of advance ticket holders were over the age of 25 and male, so it's not hard to figure out
>>
>>63845645

>she is dressed as a star wars character, she must be a fan

Try again try hard.
>>
>>63845719
If you just said fat people you could all be grouped together.
>>
>>63845376
Normies.

Look at how much money it's making. Everyone is a Star Wars fan now.
>>
>>63845702
Phantom Menace had:
>Pod racing
>Ray Park
>Star Wars Episode 1 Racer

Attack of the Clones had:
>Natalie Portman's midriff
>>
>>63845376
People who maintain the idea of going with the crowd and maintaining the honor of the old system of what my ancestors like, I like
>>
>>63845784
>girls don't like Star Wars
>only nerds like myself like Star Wars
>don't ruin MUH secret club
>>
>>63845739

Whats with this meme that all complainers are white bois? Stop being a faggot. I'm sure tons of black people were rused into going to see this too.
>>
>>63845826
40 years ago is not "the old system".
>>
Why do you even care ?Just watch the fucking movie, or don´t.
>>
>>63845793
Not all of the people there were fat

Half of the children were fat, I compete in a weightclass sport so I am definitely not fat, one of my friends is an Auschwitz survivor, the other one is borderline.
>>
>>63845376
Pre Disney Acquisition? Manchildren next down? 40 years olds no doubt.

Post Disney after hundreds of millions on marketing propaganda? Clueless Millennial bandwagon-jumpers hands down.
>>
>>63845376
I would say 13-21

>tfw be 20
>dont care about StarWars
>have only 1 freinds whos a StarWars fanboy who watched every Episode
>spoil the ending in a whatsapp group full of school friends (the StarWars fan isnt there)
>all of them didnt watch any other episode
>all of them get mad
>I ask them something about ep 6
>no ones answers
>"hurr durr why do you spoil it? I care about the story"
>ask them if they ever watched any other Ep
>"the prequel story doesnt matter"
>ok then
>get kicked and blocked from the group

>mfw they used to make fun of StarWars fans
>mfw I hate fake people

What the fuck is wrong with people these days? Is the only thing they care to fit in? The same shit happend with Fallout 4 , Witcher 3, The Hobbit

Why do poeple care so much about hype? Do they l like these things because they like them or just because others say so? Do they just want to fit in? Why ? I dont understand.

I hate people desu
>>
>>63845734
It's not that weird to have like them in the theatre - even I enjoyed them the first time I saw them, I just grew to hate them through repeat viewings. To be fair, few movies keep their impact forever but the OT are among those movies that you can rewatch over and over.

I do believe most "fans" of the prequels are casuals to whom they're just another series of fantasy blockbusters that they liked.
>>
Mellineal band wagon jumper
>>
>>63845856
I was talking about through human existance, but i should of mentioned that.

star wars is at best a mediocre film that had above great special effects that uses a formula that is truly beaten to death

>the formula is the fact that there are multiple main villains, The henchmen villains and the actual villain. This is to ensure that there can be as many plot holes as possible with little to no repercussions. And this is prevalent in World of Warcraft, LOTR, Star Wars, Star Trek, you name it. Many Villains that take a special spot light in the series can delay the downfall of the series while making things on the spot can be implimented as "lore". just as in Mists of Pandaria, and the new Star Wars. But because so much has also been left out, it can use old information from past experiences that uses a new code to make money, this is how reboots work and how WoW legion is working.

This is how big titles can stay afloat after so many years because so much is left out of the main story that it can be filled up into many sequels, realize it people you have been jerked off so much without an actual climax that your balls are so blue that they are black, and that JJ Abrams will use them for the newest Star Wars
>>
File: 1450559604226.jpg (102 KB, 720x490) Image search: [Google]
1450559604226.jpg
102 KB, 720x490
Millennial tumblr faggots are the target.

The whole thing is filled with subconscious propaganda.

e.g. there was the scene where Rey and Finn both sneak off somewhere in the Millennium Falcon. While they are both panting heavily, the Rey says, "I can't believe we're doing this." This is subtle shit, and if you're not looking for it you will miss it, due to the fact that this is not presented in a overtly sexual way.

More obvious shit like

1) Finn incessantly grabs Reys hand every time they have to run away to the point she complains about it

2) Rey then OH SO CONVENIENTLY grabs Finn's hand to help him up the next time they have to run

3) The part where Finn MUST save Rey at all costs even if it means death... he gives no fuck for the resistances plan

4) After they are reunited they hug for such a long time, in the most awkward moment, then Han Solo has to break them up to say they better get the fuck out of there

The above doesn't include the long pauses, the staring and the innuendo between the two right the way through.

More obvious stuff like the Nazi caricature villains (including one who fights the black guy with a burning cross lightsaber, and they even throw in a nazi rally for good measure), the only semi-major white male characters in the film are two old men that they probably felt they needed to include out of marketing obligations: Han Solo who gets killed off and Luke Skywalker who shows up for 5 seconds at the end and literally went into hiding out of jedi guilt due to his failure in training the villain, which led to the deaths of his students.
Why is anyone on /tv/ defending this SJW propaganda shit?
>>
>>63845898
>I compete in a weightclass sport so I am definitely not fat
Being in the heavyweight category for sumo is still considered fat.
>>
Typical Star Wars fan these days has no idea who this old "Han Solo" guy is and why he's a big deal.

Seriously. There is a whole, I don't want to say "generation" but definitely a "subset" of fans that only know the Prequel characters and aesthetic.
For a decade and a half Lucas tried to bury and hide the Originals, and he did a damn good job.

The Prequels did a good job a shaming the 40 year old neckbearded fans into silence and the kids growing up in a Post-Prequel world for the most part had zero interest in the Originals.
>>
File: 1450560159483.jpg (13 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1450560159483.jpg
13 KB, 400x300
Did you see the evil, ugly racist bad guy with a mask, holding his flaming cross?

Subtle as fuck
>>
>>63845918

Yea I don't understand why there are so many young faggots who are so quick to jump on someone being being critical and honest. And they get so buttmad over it to the point where they attack you. It's fuckin pathetic.
>>
File: tfa.jpg (48 KB, 583x482) Image search: [Google]
tfa.jpg
48 KB, 583x482
>>63846031
I loved the evil white stormtrooper with his police baton and riot shield beating down the poor brave black man.

Didn't you?

Subtle AS FUCK.
>>
>>63846077
>Evil
Was he? He felt betrayed.
>>
File: 1450231901649.gif (2 MB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1450231901649.gif
2 MB, 500x500
>>63846033
>mfw "you are only spoiling us because youhave nobody who loves you"
>mfw I asked them who Han Solo was
>mfw they didnt even respond just kicked me and talked shit behind my back
>mfw
>>
>>63845986
wait the jedi trainee turns into a murderer again? This is the exact same plot what the fuck is that all that happens in this world and why are they so bad at making jedis that don't turn evil?
>>
File: star wars geek.jpg (53 KB, 500x384) Image search: [Google]
star wars geek.jpg
53 KB, 500x384
>>
>>63845986
>e.g. there was the scene where Rey and Finn both sneak off somewhere in the Millennium Falcon. While they are both panting heavily, the Rey says, "I can't believe we're doing this."

If that was intentionally sexual, then I call the part were Rey was tied up and Kylo whispered to her ear how he could do anything he wanted to her also intentionally sexual.

Whose side are they on?
>>
>>63846033
Because they think they're part of a culture war... smart young people vs the old dumb racists.

They're too fucking naive and self-absorbed to realize they are pawns.
>>
A Star Trek fan is a Trekkie
A Star Wars fan is a _______
>>
>>63846077
>the police invented shields, armor and clubs
ok dummy
>>
>>63846153
>mfw "you are only spoiling us because youhave nobody who loves you"
Dat's deep for a tantrum about movie they pretend to care about.
>>
I was maybe 6 when I saw the Phantom Menace in theaters.

Individual moments probably seemed cool to me but I was probably bored or confused by the rest of it.
>>
>>63845990
Holy fuck are you stupid. The most obvious thing about Sumo is that there are no weightclasses.

In most weightclass sports, 90%+ of people are not in the heavyweight category. And, generally it isn't always an advantage to become a fat sack of shit.
>>
>>63846205
smooth pimp of love who gets pussy all the time
>>
>>63846189
"geek" & "nerd" have changed from "that social outcast" to "One who must consume & spend money on certain entertainment for acknowledgement."
>>
>>63846244
>90%+ of people are not in the heavyweight category
Thats because you take up the entire 10% fatty.
>>
>>63845376
70% numale PC redditors who campaign for Bernie sanders and a free Palestine, love game of thrones and marvel movies, and think the force awakens was god

20% tumblrinas and blacks drawn in from disneys SJW push

10% classic fans who love the universe and are fat white male nerds. They edit wookiepedia and hate the force awakens for being so normie. They've been deliberately pushed out and alienated by Disney and Abrams
>>
>>63846208
You're tying so hard to keep the truth out, aren't you? Don't worry, go home and watch Jessica Jones in your safe space.
>>
File: 658856.jpg (18 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
658856.jpg
18 KB, 300x168
>>63846334
Accurate.
>>
>>63845376
children

one of them was going to TFA dressed as a jedi like he was a fan, yet he wasnt even old enough to have watched the prequels when they came out
>>
>>63846205
browncoat
>>
>>63846215
I just laughed at them and went to sleep
Like insulting me could change the fact that they knew that Han Solo dies
>>
File: zx.jpg (4 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
zx.jpg
4 KB, 125x125
Inspired by Cultural Marxists or Frankfurt School philosophy, post-modern elites have an agenda that isn't simply to mix races or eliminate a race. Their point is to disrupt social cohesion and any form of hierarchical or traditional social structure that could supersede government's authority. Whether it be marriage, the nuclear family, religion, cultural identity (usually identified by race or nationality), etc. any that can compete or overrule the state and pulls away control of the people, must be destroyed to further grow its power and influence. There are different methods of doing this but takes a lot of time to study and explain the impact of several race/class based policies. If you ever watch Thomas Sowell you'll know he explains some of it.

Yes, different races /could/ get along together in a society but that is not what we see. Why is that? Well, aside from racial determinism, we see special interest groups promoting the idea of victimized or disenfranchised minorities. A natural growth between different groups are impeded and instead forced artificial interaction disrupts the norm. This is generally done for political advantages and a moral high-ground. This causes enmity between races or classes while providing a platform for these manipulators, through the old rhetoric of egalitarianism, to create programs that benefit themselves in the guise of "doing good" for the minority or downtrodden.

While, some people are indeed well meaning most of them aren't able to either recognize or cope with the fact that the ideas they push for are unsuccessful and even destructive (welfare, minimum wage, affirmative action etc.). Furthermore these people are continuously fed more rhetoric by the "elite" groups (businesspersons i.e bankers, cartels; politicians; community leaders i.e Jesse Jackson) to continue pushing for these policies.
>>
>>63846334
Literally exactly this. Reddit ruins everything once again
>>
>>63846427
Movie wasn't subtle about it anyway. I was spoiled before going in too.

I swear to god, producers and JJ will blame leaks on majority of criticism.
>>
>>63845986
>Jew Jew is an unbelievably white jew.

>Didn't step aside to make room for a more diverse choice of director.

Confirmed for total shitbag. This is how jews conduct cultural marxism.
>>
>>63845986
>he held her hand! It's subliminal, this is problematic!
Kek, this pol neckbeard is so obsessed with nigger dicks he sees problematic offensive shit everywhere. No as, you're just a delusional perpetually whiny cukk
>>
>>63846208
I want tumblr to leave
>>
>>63846490

So true. Look at all these assholes that act like they'll get a paycheck if the movie breaks a record

https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/3xharp/star_wars_the_force_awakens_blazes_to_record/
>>
How good would this movie be if Finn was white and Rey a man?
>>
>>63846334
I'm a white male original fan and I'm glad Disney doesn't pander to the hardcore fans. It would have been the worst that could have happened if they decided to base the new movies on the EU.

Now, I'm just as thankful that Jar-Jar is nowhere to be seen as the fact there is a 100% total absence of blue people inferring military strategy from pieces of artwork.

These are supposed to be simple tales of good and evil for kids. JJ gets it, bless him. George is just out of touch.
>>
>>63846493
I still have to watch it, will probably do next week for free
>>
>>63846628
>If Finn was white
Make him Chinese and he'd be Krillin.

>Rey a man
She's be Marty Stue. And female critics would've panned the movie.
>>
>>63846614
I will never stop shitting on numale reddit culture for as long as I'm alive. I hate it that much
>>
>>63845986
>>63846031
>pol thinks cross guards are an anti Christian conspiracy

Christ you autists shouldn't be allowed to waste air and leech off society
>>
>>63845477
Trek was normie as fuck though. My mom and normie girls I know loved TNG when it aired and they don't give two shits about sci-fi.
>>
>>63846628
I really liked John Boyega in this, easily the best character
>>
>>63845376
Bandwagonning shits. Exclude tickets bought by women (worst bandwagon population) and it will likely perform worse than the OT adjusted for inflation.
>>
File: 138524123202a3d1_l.jpg (70 KB, 450x449) Image search: [Google]
138524123202a3d1_l.jpg
70 KB, 450x449
>>63846635
>These are supposed to be simple tales of good and evil for kids

If you're blind to the wall-to-wall propaganda of TFA I think you might be the one out of touch...

Way to fuck up your kids future through stupidity and apathy.
>>
File: download.png (10 KB, 209x241) Image search: [Google]
download.png
10 KB, 209x241
>>63846693
>ignores jew jew Abrams own words...
>>
>>63845994
Thank Christ, constantly hearing the whining of Plinkett-esque manchildren really started to get grating.
>>
>>63846898
Found the neckbeard, get laid and get over your Jew hysterics
>>
>>63845852
"Literacy among the common folk was a mistake. All the things we used to enjoy are now sullied by the peasants." - Ancient, elite humans
>>
>>63845951
I was only 10 when I saw the first phantom menace and I was so bored I fell asleep.
>>
>>63847028
>born rich
>elite
Kek
>>
>>63846693
>>63847011
>>63846208
>>63845739

Here comes the butthurt underage reddit bernie sanders supporter faggots already
>>
>>63846970
Abrams didn't t say cross guards are an anti Christian conspiracy

And he could have, it wouldn't change that you neckbeards are social parasites
>>
>>63847011
Found the brown skin.

I hope you realize one day you are being used in the culture war... not helped.
>>
>>63846635
>Anything more complex than a child can comprehend immediately is baaaaaad
>>
>>63847011
When will you realize you don't belong here?
>>
>>63846898
I probably should have included it in my original post like I planned to but I'll say it here: You racist fucks need to go eat a bag of dicks. Both Boyega and Ridley were fantastic in this. They're the breath of fresh air the franchise needed.
>>
>>63845376
I'd say that both of those fit the bill.
>>
>>63847254

>someone didn't like it
>they must be racist

cut this faggoty shit out
>>
>>63847254
Byega was good. Ridley, FUCK no. Her character isn't even a fucking character. It's literally a vehicle for the plot to move forward and the good guys to win.
>>
>>63847040
Not surprising. George was using the prequels as his personal, political / philosophical soap box. It would have all flown right over the head of a 10-year old kid. He even talked about how he wanted the new trilogy to be more for adults or whatever. He didn't realise people just wanted more of the simple stuff which made them love the franchise in the first place.
>>
>>63847328
look at the post he was reacting to, dumbfuck
>>
>>63845376
The line between the mentality of both is paper thin.
>>
>>63847328
Or they're a racist because they literally imply the movie is "jewish" propaganda.
>>
File: 1450527055099.png (749 KB, 1210x609) Image search: [Google]
1450527055099.png
749 KB, 1210x609
>>63847473
Why don't you go back to Leddit, son?
>>
>>63847473
>>63847328

>being against Marxism is racist

Ok..
>>
>>63847543
no wonder people call /pol/ the new furries
>>
>>63847555
People who refer to "cultural Marxism" don't usually refer to actual Marxism. Speaking of which, George Lucas seems very leftist in his views and that's very apparent in the prequels.
>>
>>63847555
>cultural Marxism
>Marxism

you're an idiot
>>
File: 1450523249134.jpg (141 KB, 669x664) Image search: [Google]
1450523249134.jpg
141 KB, 669x664
>>63847528
Do you seriously deny it is not Jewish propaganda?

It obviously is. And you're an useful idiot used to fuck up your own society e.g. here trying to shout down people simply stating the truth as "racists".

Cultural marxism... a first hand lesson for everyone how it works. Thank you for the illustration.

Cultural marxism has been waging war on us from Hollywood since WW2

The brass tacks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gnpCqsXE8g

How it works on a large scale:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VggFao85vTs
>>
>>63847675

Ok commie..
>>
>>63847677
Fucking hell /tv/, you took the bait and summoned the shitters

abandon thread
>>
>>63847040
I was confused and I still don't understand the plot. I also remember feeling weird because of the atmosphere. It was really sterile and not fun.
>>
File: 1450559785194.jpg (1 MB, 3000x1988) Image search: [Google]
1450559785194.jpg
1 MB, 3000x1988
>>63847677
>Do you seriously deny it is not Jewish propaganda?

SJWs BTFO
>>
>>63847709

>LALA I CANT HEAR YOU

What is wrong with you? Stop acting like a child and just ignore it if you disagree. Fucking pathetic.
>>
File: 4573384.jpg (100 KB, 501x585) Image search: [Google]
4573384.jpg
100 KB, 501x585
>>63847709
>they're on to us!
>>
File: sigh.jpg (27 KB, 375x486) Image search: [Google]
sigh.jpg
27 KB, 375x486
>>63847803
I just want to talk about the movie, man
>>
File: 68648.jpg (66 KB, 709x480) Image search: [Google]
68648.jpg
66 KB, 709x480
>not propaganda
>my sides
>>
My guess is a 20-something male. Old enough to have seen the second trilogy, young enough to have experienced the SW cartoons, videogames, etc.
>>
>>63847905
>Is it an obese 40-year-old manchild, or a clueless Millennial bandwagon-jumper?

That is the titles of the thread you're posting in, shill. Or did you lose track?

>We're all racists!
>>
>>63847952

>Implying that Boyega didn't carry the entirety of banter dialogue
>Implying that there was "coloured casting", with literally 2 non-white characters in the main cast

At least watch the fucking movie you're trying to discuss.
>>
File: 1450573066497.png (215 KB, 538x540) Image search: [Google]
1450573066497.png
215 KB, 538x540
>>63846077
>>
File: 1445765288617.jpg (57 KB, 567x561) Image search: [Google]
1445765288617.jpg
57 KB, 567x561
>>63845521
>>
>obese 40-year-old manchild

Nah they moved on to anime and video games.
>>
>>63847209
It's not bad it's just not star wars
>>
>>63847675

?? same thing bro
>>
>>63846898
i am a white, heterosexual, working class male.

And i am not racist.

Am i some sort of anti-christ then?
>>
>>63847254
It must be killing you not having someone upvoting your comments
Thread replies: 129
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.