[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was this anyone else's favourite scene? Something about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 10
File: Rey lightsaber.png (310 KB, 635x315) Image search: [Google]
Rey lightsaber.png
310 KB, 635x315
Was this anyone else's favourite scene? Something about Luke's Theme playing as soon as she grabbed it felt very "passing of the torch" to me.
>>
>>63844865

Literally the only scene I didn't like. Two characters who had never touched a lightsaber until that day where able to wound/defeat your main villain? That is fucking embarrassing. You don't just fuck up your big bad the moment your heroine confronts him the first time, you build to that. Darth Whathisface is now about as legitmate a threat as Jar Jar. Not even Grievous was that much of a chump.

I was liking the film so much until it fucking botched everything with that.
>>
>>63844865
Are lightsabers like the ring from LOTR ?
>>
>>63844865

Why is her neck so thick? Was it a mans body with her head superimposed?
>>
>>63844865
>Something about Luke's Theme playing as soon as she grabbed it felt very "passing of the torch" to me
>Something about this water looks very wet to me
>>
>>63845417
Finn was combat trained and used it against that stormfag and still lost to him and kylo. Rey is Lukes daughter of course she'll be able to defeat him. You need to pay closer attention or kill yourself
>>
>>63844865
I like how that fight had its own identity compared to the saber fights in every other movie. Two novices dragging themselves through a big outdoor enviornment.
>>
>>63845417
The first character didn't do so well. He just got a few lucky parries and then got owned. Main Villain was being cautious.

Second fight, he was emotional and not really focused on the fight. Training incomplete.
>>
>>63845417
Jeez it's starting to be annoyng to explain this.

>Rey got skils with melee weapons (aka bo-staff stuff(yeah it's not a sword but it's a melee weapon))
>Kylo is wounded
>Kylo does not had completed his training
>>
>>63845417

Fucking up the big bad was the point. He is foolish and hotheaded. Incompetent.
>>
>>63845417
>Two characters who had never touched a lightsaber until that day where able to wound/defeat your main villain?

Finn has trained as a soldier from infancy and FO Stormtroopers clearly know how to wield melee weapons. Rey has bullshit levels of Force sensitivity and was probably trained before being left on Jakku, even if she was made not to remember it. Kylo Ren, meanwhile, was already severely wounded, with a bowcaster quarrel in his gut, and Finn had managed to injure him as well by the time Rey picked up the saber.
>>
>>63845417
But it actually served a purpose.
>Kylo is a wannabe poser and his fighting is unimpressive.
>He's weakened, shot by Chewie, adds to the continuity.
>Rey finds the force within herself and it's revealed that there's something interesting going on with her past.
>Finn, as a stormtrooper, was apparently trained in melee combat (Traitor's appearance is justified), but he's still shit.
>>
>>63844865
BB-8, HOLD ON! hnngg <3
>>
>>63845742
>>63845753
your explanations have nothing to do with the issue. it's about the story

you don't make a major villain look weak because it makes defeating him less impressive.

it also makes Snoke less impressive because he seemed to think Kylo was better than he was.
>>
>>63845681
I dont think she's Luke's daughter. She thinks Luke Skywalker is a myth as well as the jedi. Yes she was squirreled away on some planet, but not until she was ~4 years old (from the looks of her). And the person she was left with is quite harsh, saying "quiet girl" when she is crying as (what we assume to be) her parents fly away. I really dont think that Luke would hide his daughter away this way. She seems about the same age as Kylo. MAYBE if Kylow was much older and she had JUST been born when he turned to the dark side there may have been cause to try and hide her. But it just doesnt seem the case to me. I think she has no previous connection to the Skywalkers (not directly at least and certainly not via bloodline).
>>
>>63845741
>Second fight, he was emotional and not really focused on the fight.

That excuse is even more embarrassing. Your villain got his ass kicked because he was a bit upset? What a faggot.
>>
>>63844865
STOP PLAYING BINARY SUNSET AT EVERY FUCKING THING REEEEEE
>>
>>63845742

Having to make excuses for your main villain only proves the point. And really?

>He just needs training!

Hell yeah he does, because he's fucking shit.
>>
>>63845741
I think he didnt go full blown on the girl because he wanted her alive/awake to try and train here/get his own apprentice.

I still think that Fin and Rey (sp?) should have stood no chance against him.
>>
>>63845417
Basically.
>sand orphan getting her shit pushed in until the cliff scene
>some bullshit Force moment happened
>sand orphan starts to dominate the guy

Ren was doing fine before that even though he was injured.
>>
X wings saving the day at Lupita Ngungan place.
>>
>>63845753

What's the point of making your villain incompetent? What purpose does that serve other than neutering any sense of menace your villain has? Is he the underdog? Is he going to emerge as the hero of the second film?

>Cmon Darth Faggot
>Beat that little girl!
>BELIEVE IN YOURSELF!
>>
File: tumblr_m4r864nuot1ru8yv8o3_250.gif (821 KB, 245x180) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m4r864nuot1ru8yv8o3_250.gif
821 KB, 245x180
>>63845742
>explain away the plot contrivances makes the movie better

If the movie was any good, if JJ wasn't such a hack, there wouldn't be any contrivances in the first place.
>>
>>63845417
This so much. Even though ren was injured he shouldn't have taken any damage from Finn, who was just an average stormtrooper with no live combat experience. And then to have rey beat his ass after that was just stupid
>>
>>63845846
But now we're gonna see the growth of the villain and the hero.

it sounds pretty great
>>
>>63845846
>you don't make a major villain look weak because it makes defeating him less impressive.
I honestly love it that they went there, it's probably the best thing about this movie. Instead of making him a invulnerable bad ass, they shown us that his prowess is nothing else but an act. In reality under the mask there's a shaking scared kid, who doesn't really comprehend or understand his powers. Now, everything he will do is going to have an unusual different vibe to it. And I'm very excited about that.
>>
I also liked the scene at the beginning where Kylo stares at Finn sensing something is off with him, it was a tense and cool moment. The movie really has more positives than flaws
>>
>>63845802
Except TR8R destroyed Finn 1:1 and had to be shot off him with a Bowcaster.
>>
>>63846165

It's all building to TR8R as the true final boss.
>>
>>63846165
Yeah, that's why I added that Finn is shit. Traitor scene kinda predicts what's going to happen, Finn is getting his ass handed to him and needs somebody else's help to survive.
>>
>>63845417
Kylo took like three separate hits, all to areas that fucking suck to fight with wounds. Rey still had her ass handed to her for half the fight before doing what every protag in the first movie of their respective trilogy does: give in to the Force and pull a victory out of the deepest reaches of their asshole.
>>
How the movie should have ended:

1. Rey walks up the hill to Luke
2. She approaches Luke
3. He slowly turns around to face her
4. Takes down hood to a little fanfare like when Obi-Wan first reveals himself in A New Hope
5. "Well hello there"
6. Directed by J.J. Abrams
>>
>>63846087
He underestimated finn

as soon as he hit ben he got disarmed and defeated
>>
>>63845417
I loved it. Ben was a colossal man-child and him getting utterly trashed by an amateur in the first movie was perfect.
>>
File: BB-8.png (774 KB, 1408x784) Image search: [Google]
BB-8.png
774 KB, 1408x784
Best girl.
>>
>>63846271
>give in to the Force and pull a victory out of the deepest reaches of their asshole.
Isn't this what happened to Luke when he started bashing and overpowered Vader in Jedi? Except he found his powers in the anger, maybe Rey did exactly the same when she reached for her solitude or something.
>>
>>63844865
Fuck this cunt and fuck you for feeling that.
>>
>>63846122
>Instead of making him a invulnerable bad ass, they shown us that his prowess is nothing else but an act.

How the fuck is he so high up in command if his prowess is nothing but an act?
>>
>>63846271

>H-he was just hurt

Aww, poor baby. Good thing to know a particularly shit storm trooper can get a hit on Kylor in melee as long as he's taken a single hit.
>>
File: 1447302170535.png (89 KB, 399x382) Image search: [Google]
1447302170535.png
89 KB, 399x382
>>63844865
>lukes theme
>>
>>63846371
Nah, Return of the Jedi, like ROTS, had the heroes (Luke/Obi-Wan) on the ropes against Vader because they were holding back. When they eventually stop fucking around, they kick Anakin's bitch ass.
>>
>>63846456
I'm not saying Kylo isn't a shit. Kylo a massive shit. But he's fun because of it.
>>
>>63846371
It's kind of a different feeling when your protagonist does it at the end of the last movie
>>
File: 1450380397909.jpg (528 KB, 2000x3000) Image search: [Google]
1450380397909.jpg
528 KB, 2000x3000
>>63844865
I felt a shiver go up my spine and felt like a 10 year old again as soon as she ignited the saber. It made me so fucking happy and now I have something to live for; episode 8
>>
Why do you fat pedophiles even watch movies?
>>
>>63846695
I'm actually interested to see what kind of powers they'll give her after training. Not sure if the Sequel Trilogy's gonna go overboard on that kind of stuff.
>>
I can't wait to see her turn to the dark side. They couldn't have made it any more obvious.
>>
>>63845417
This, essentially.
>>
>>63846409
Name one other force user on his level actively leading the First Order. He's like Hux in that respect, throwing people under the bus to get further.
>>
>>63846720
Not being fat or a pedophile I have to ask why they wouldn't watch movies?
>>
>>63844865
Yes. It was the film's Excalibur moment. Probably my favorite scene of the second half
>>
>>63844865

To me it felt just like she was pulling Excalibur out of the stone. Hhhhhnnnggggg
>>
>>63845938
What is anakin vs obiwan
Also seeing his grandfathers lightsaber being force pulled by a nobody (from his pov) rather than himself.

This wand choosing the wizard shit is stupid.
>>
No, it didn't work at all.
>>
File: star wars the force awakens rey.jpg (227 KB, 630x787) Image search: [Google]
star wars the force awakens rey.jpg
227 KB, 630x787
So is she Luke's baby girl or what?
>>
>>63845417
Finn was fighting better than Rey by technique, who was doing desperate jabs. Rey was running half the time and Kylo Ren was wounded. Rey only was able to overpower Kylo is a moment of clarity and rage. No skill, but wild swings that reminded me of Luke raging on his father during the final duel in RotJ.
>>
File: Knights of Ren.png (1 MB, 1917x817) Image search: [Google]
Knights of Ren.png
1 MB, 1917x817
>>63847458
Check out that dude on the right with the staff.
Curious, isnt it?
>>
>>63847368
OR THE BIG BLACK COCK OUT A WHITE WOMANS ASS
>>
>>63847697
>Luke couldn't save Ben, but he managed to save Rey
>Wipes her memory entirely, makes her a clean slate compared to when she was one of the Knights of Ren slaying alongside her cousin.
>Leaves her on Jakku hoping desperately, hopefully, she might come back to the light side of the Force.

it's actually a decent premise if played out well
>>
>>63847697
>>63847785
It's not a staff retards, it's an axe.
>>
>>63847697
So I didnt get what the fuck the Knights of Ren were in the first place.
LukeĀ“s former Pupils that went over to the dark side because Snork or whatever his name was offered them candy?
>>
File: an axe.png (207 KB, 279x511) Image search: [Google]
an axe.png
207 KB, 279x511
>>63847840
yeah that's an axe alright
>>
>>63847697
o shit what
>>
>>63847729
lmfao nice dude you should think about trying out for reddit
>>
>>63847697
>Check out that dude on the right with the staff.Curious, isnt it?

no not really.
>>
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 470x504) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 470x504
>>63844865
https://youtu.be/Ci53qIpdgTg
>>
File: 119r09d.jpg (124 KB, 1600x694) Image search: [Google]
119r09d.jpg
124 KB, 1600x694
>>63847926
>judging what it looks like from a shitty image

It's an axe, it's even more obvious if you watch the movie.
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.