[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What were your thoughts when A Real Hero started playing at this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: a real hero.png (191 KB, 605x257) Image search: [Google]
a real hero.png
191 KB, 605x257
What were your thoughts when A Real Hero started playing at this moment?
>>
Just watched this last night.
>>
I was crying it was so great
>>
Real heroes can't win
>>
"Bravo Refn"
>>
>>63843628

I hadn't found 4chan until early 2012. I was a paranoid loser rather than a lsoer fully submersed in 4chan.

So I thought it was cool as fuck and, when leaving the cinema on my own, I was hoping that people weren't looking at me and thinking that I thought that I was like the driver.
>>
Would it have been better if the movie had ended right there? Leave his fate ambiguous, start playing the song, cut to black before he blinks, roll credits.
>>
i stood up and clapped and my mother told me to sit down because i was embarrassing her
(even though it was just us at home alone)
>>
>>63844018
You should become a director.
>>
>>63844018
Was the movie ending the same as the novel? Haven't read it so I'm not aware how true to the movie is to the novel
>>
So am I.
>>
did he fugg carrie mulligan?
>>
File: 1446760666649.jpg (36 KB, 400x460) Image search: [Google]
1446760666649.jpg
36 KB, 400x460
>>63843951
>>63844667
>>
Predictable & hammy.
>>
BBC version is vastly superior.
>>
>>63844018
That wasn't the ending? Da fuck did they cut out something in Germany?
>>
File: 1450472194611.png (219 KB, 447x364) Image search: [Google]
1450472194611.png
219 KB, 447x364
>>63844667
>because i was embarrassing her
>(even though it was just us at home alone)
Kekked hard
>>
>>63844897

It's very truthful, some changes here and there (Irene is Mexican in the book, and Bryan Cranston's character is two or three different characters rolled into one). Biggest change is that the movie combines two separate plots (driver and waifu, driver and gangsters) into one. And the ending changes a bit because now it has to reflect on the fact these two events were related. But the essense is the same, really. "Truthful adaptation" is indeed more adequate than "faithful adaptation."
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.