[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Denis Lawson, who played Wedge Antilles in the original trilogy,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 3
File: Wedge_Antilles.jpg (517 KB, 640x816) Image search: [Google]
Wedge_Antilles.jpg
517 KB, 640x816
>Denis Lawson, who played Wedge Antilles in the original trilogy, was asked to reprise his role, but declined, stating that it would have "bored" him.

Why would a literal nobody turn down millions of dollars?
>>
>a literal nobody

He's had fairly consistent TV work for decades.
>>
>>63843454
this

he was steve in married with children
>>
he's fuckin based, clearly
>>
>>63843498
>married with children
Never even heard of it. Again, he's a fucking nobody.
>>
>>63843329
I think he does ok, he's Ewan McGregor's uncle.
>>
>>63843454
A million dollars for wearing a costume and speaking two lines. Sorry, but it's stupid to turn that down no matter who you may be.
>>
>>63843547
>i haven't heard of it therefore it doesn't exist

millennials, everyone
>>
>>63843329

Doesn't he do the sci fi con circuit fairly regularly, too? I don't get it.

People love you, why spurn that adoration
>>
>>63843329
Typecasting is poison in acting careers.
>>
>>63843547

>married with children
>never even heard of it

and you're a fucking teenager
>>
To be fair, he wouldn't have been badass Wedge anymore. He would have been General Antilles, and sat around doing nothing.
>>
>>63843607
>solipsists
Fixed.

Anywaym what was so special about Wedge? He was just another white guy in this galaxy full of white guys.
>>
it's called integrity OP, you wouldn't know anything about it
>>
You're a retard if you think they would be paying him millions of dollars
>>
>>63843660
This. Disney loves to play it safe, and that includes paying as less as possible.
>>
>>63843616
He never did any major work. Even within Star Wars, he was a minor character. You can't be typecast if you are barely even cast
>>
>>63843607
If I haven't heard of it, it practically doesn't exist and is irrelevant. Otherwise I would've heard of it because people would be talking about it. Stop being a retard.
>>
Didn't the EU make him out to be some superhero?

I respect his choice. If they brought him back, he'd be General Antilles of the Awesome Fleet who beats all the baddies because he's so rad.
>>
>>63843567
>A million dollars for wearing a costume and speaking two lines.

How do you know how much he was offered? Also, your comment is like saying why would Seth Green quit Buffy when it's a cushy yet boring gig (he had to spend hours in makeup then loaf around the set all day waiting to say a few lines). The answer is, they are already rich and have their sights set on other things.
>>
>>63843711
But WA became very popular among fans, so he was used in the EU frequently.
>>
>>63843329
He was hardly offered a million dollars or he'd obviously done it.

Film companies waste money like no other industry on Earth but not quite to that level.
>>
>>63843651
Survived Yavin, Hoth, and Endor in the movies. In the EU was Luke's second in command in Rouge Squadron, and took it over, and was a total badass pilot. Like Poe was in TFA, even more so. And no Force sensitivity.
>>
>>63843714

>Those mental gymnastics

You should have been aborted. Not even the person you're responding buy holy fuck. Are you a bitch or just mentally slow? Nvm, fuck it, just kill your self.
>>
>>63843801
And yet, I don't find him as breakout as Boba Fett. But these are just opinions.
>>
>>63843821
Just face it, your nostalgia driven love for this irrelevant "show" is turning you in to a dumb faggot.
>>
>>63843854
Boba had the armor and being a bounty hunter going for him. Wedge was just a guy, who was a badass, in more than just the EU.
>>
>>63843615
he can't spurn it, he already has it
>>
>>63843911
Mr. Potato Wedge died in VI and EU isn't canon. Kill yourself.
>>
>>63843911
The KotOR book on Mandaloreans as great.

>>63843907
>>63843974
Space nigga you mad?
>>
>>63843329
TALK ABOUT A MISSED OPPORTUNITY DENIS!
>>
Lawson was right. They'd have him say one or two lines and posture in front of an X-Wing and that would be it. It would be boring, there would be no soul in it. He would only have a part so they could draw in more nostalgiafags. He wouldn't do anything, he wouldn't say anything important, they probably wouldn't even pay him that much. For Lawson, Star Wars is probably a fond memory but he's moved on. He got to play a sort-of cool role in a cool movie series that kids liked, but he's been doing other things for 30 years. Everyone already loves Wedge, so why muck with it?

When C3PO, one of the most important characters of the franchise, is reduced to 10 lines total, you can imagine what they'd do to Wedge.
>>
>>63844162
Kill yourself.
>>
>>63843974
>Wedge died in Jedi
He took out the regulator on the north side.
>>
>>63844162
10 lines for Wedge would'he been an actual improvement over his previous appearances
>>
>>63844182
>North
>In space
>>
Because he doesn't want to partake in glib facsimiles and childish banalities
>>
>>63844181
>>
>>63844182
>north
>in space
You stupid or something?
>>
Don't worry OP, you may think your hot shit now but the next generation will treat you even worse lel.
>>
>>63844249
>>63844227
As in the top of the fucking spherical space station.
>>
>>63844249
>>63844227
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPZigWFyK2o

Jump to 7:08. And meant north tower.
>>
>>63843498
>Confusing Denis Lawson for David Garrison
>>
File: davidgarrisonhead_350.jpg (40 KB, 350x436) Image search: [Google]
davidgarrisonhead_350.jpg
40 KB, 350x436
>>63843498

No he wasn't.

David Garrison was Steve in Married... with Children.
>>
>>63843498
>>63844370
>>63844394
They don't even look alike.

What the fuck?
>>
>>63843329
>but declined, stating that it would have "bored" him.

BASED AS FUCK
>>
>>63844394
WEDGEFAGS BTFO
WEDGEFAGS ON SUICIDE WATCH
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
WEDGE IS AN IRRELEVANT NOBODY
BTFO
T
F
O
>>
>>63843329
He was great as Wedge. Unsung hero. Led Rogue Squadron in Luke's absence. Never said much but he did a lot. Probably one of the best pilots in the series, and he wasn't force sensitive as far as I recall.
>>
>>63843907
Just because you haven't heard of something doesn't mean it's irrelevant. Humphrey Bogart isn't irrelevant. Idi Amin isn't irrelevant. Emmy Noether isn't irrelevant.

You might be though.
>>
>>63844636
You fell for that guys b8 like a dumb retard

Kill yourself faggot
>>
I imagine he would have been leader of the Resistance if Carrie Fisher turned down the role or died prematurely.
>>
>>63843547
You have to be 18 to post, kiddo.

>>63843329
I'm surprised they offered him a role, considering that would make Poe the 2nd best Resistance pilot.
>>
>>63843547
fucking idiot
>>
>>63845312
>considering that would make Poe the 2nd best Resistance pilot.
That would have been great to see.
>Poe acting like he is hot shit
>Wedge just outdoing him, while shit talking about being more than twice his age
Could have made Poe his son even.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.