[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA BLUNDER OF CENTURY HAHAHAHAHAHA YOU CAN'T
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: Avatar2.png (79 KB, 669x335) Image search: [Google]
79 KB, 669x335
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA BLUNDER OF CENTURY HAHAHAHAHAHA YOU CAN'T MAKE THIS SHIT UP
>>
It's still going to make billions and sell more than Avatar you retarded stormfaggot
>>
>>63842659
>share of sales overseas already dropping

fuck no
>>
>>63842714
prove it faggot
>>
>>63842837
>>63842659
it won't make billions because the most important market is china, and chinamen don't appreciate diversity as much as you do.
>>
>>63842459
The butthurt is off the charts.
>>
Prove to me that /tv/ and /pol/ aren't forcing the score to go down with 0 ratings
>>
>>63842659
>>63842837
TFA is making about the same amount overseas as it is in America. that's a fact.

that automatically means it can't beat Avatar, which got like a 1:2.5 ratio. the whole world went to see Avatar, in addition to it making over 700 million in the US.

it's possible that TFA will beat Avatar's domestic gross, but otherwise the war is already lost because it's not going to make $1.5 billion in the US and the same overseas.
>>
File: 1435496252188.jpg (209 KB, 600x582) Image search: [Google]
1435496252188.jpg
209 KB, 600x582
>>63842459
So, this confirms my experience, it was nothing but a glib facsimile.

If Star Wars was all I had access to as a child in terms of sci-fi I probably would become one of those crazy fanboys, but thankfully I had access to anime from very early on in my youth years that my mental balance is very stable.

Seriously, if you have watched Akira, you'd realize just how sophisticated anime is and it blows away anything Star Wars would have to offer.

A lot of people mention Ghost In The Shell, which has just enough of sexuality in the mix to draw in the western audience I suppose but I must say that Ghost In The Shell is not even in my top 10 anime, not even close, that's just how deep the world of anime is.

Some anime is so disturbingly mature like Fractale that I wish it would challenge the system and submit it as a Drama category in the Oscars just to bitchslap the snotty Academy.

It's not just the level of maturity and sophistication anime has, it's also quite original, entertaining, and visually fantastic. I would regard anime as the highest form of cinema art-form.

But hey, me preaching about anime won't do you any good, you gotta go out and see it for yourself just how much you are missing.

The recent one I would recommend to check out is Sword Art Online which is light and easy to get into anime for the first time yet appreciate it as much, but if you want the heavy stuff right off the line check out Guilty Crown in which the plot is so complex and twisted that you'll need extra oxygen pumped into your brain in order to comprehend everything, and if you want amazing visuals and a gripping drama that also has awesome mecha battles Aldnoah.Zero is the shit.

Seriously, if you know anime like I do, Star Wars looks like it's something for little kids.
>>
>>63842952
>>63843018
>so butthurt over the movies success that you have to make up a bunch of shit to make it seem like the movie is underperforming

You can't make this shit up.
>>
>>63842659
Based
We hyped for the next transformers mate
>>
>>63843004
Because even normies are saying it's a 7 or an 8 out of 10.
>>
It's right
the movie is a 8/10 and i'm seeing a 81/100
>>
FRIENDLY REMINDER to downvote the movie into oblivion on all major review sites. spread this!
>>
File: 1448536852474.jpg (35 KB, 865x441) Image search: [Google]
1448536852474.jpg
35 KB, 865x441
>>63844884
mfw it's already down to a 7.6

>It's working! it's working!
>>
>>63842659
SJWs GETTING ABSOLUTELY
>>>/t/
>>>/r/
>>>/i/
>>>/g/
>>>/g/
>>>/e/
>>>/r/
>>>/e/
>>>/d/
>>
>>63844884
nice false flag, faggot.
>>
>>63843018
Avatar's domestic gross was mediocre. It had a 77 million opening weekend. It only ended up in the billions because it was in the cinema for months. 2.5 x 77 million internationally is still less than Star Wars has done in one day in the US alone.
>>
>>63845278
I'm going to click the >>>/d/ and then jerk off.
>>
>>63845528
Are you really this bad at math?
>>
>>63845528
>Only did well because people liked it so much they kept in in the theater for months

This is your argument? Really?
>>
>>63843190
You're trying way too hard there.
>>
File: Star Wars Vs Avatar.webm (3 MB, 608x342) Image search: [Google]
Star Wars Vs Avatar.webm
3 MB, 608x342
>>63842659
>sell more than avatar
>>
>>63845862
Nice choice, anon.
>>
>>63846610
beautiful
>>
>>63843190

didn't read, fuck off
>>
Blunder of the century you say?
>>
>>63842459
>81%
>Universal Acclaim
It's like numbers don't mean fucking anything anymore.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.