[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
TFA ruined the original trilogy. 4, 5 and 6 were about destroying
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4
TFA ruined the original trilogy.

4, 5 and 6 were about destroying the Empire to free the Galaxy.

What's the point if the Empire is back stronger than ever in the very next movie?

Nothing that happened in the OT matters anymore. Feel free to skip them.
>>
>The Namek saga doesn't matter anymore because of Buu!
This is how you sound
>>
>>63842281
I don't know what either of those things are, but you should probably kill yourself.
>>
>>63842207
kill yourself as painful as possible
>>
>>63842326
>He's never watched Dragonball Z
This site is for 18 and over, thanks
>>
>>63842281
As far as this movie is concerned the OT might have never happened. Empire was virtually unaffected by the rebel's actions, even though they took out their leader and destroyed the Death Star twice.

The rebels didn't gain a foothold. They're now the Resistance, a bunch of unorganized, poor fucks, just like the rebels, who have to take on a fucking planet with 20 X-Wings.

What exactly makes Episode 6 important anymore?
>>
>>63842207
>What's the point if the Empire is back stronger than ever in the very next movie?
The First Order isn't the Empire you stupid shit.
>>
>>63842473
Yes it is. Don't try and tell me that an entirely separate entity took over, sporting the same uniforms, logo etc.
They're the Empire, simply 30 years down the line.
>>
>>63842473
>rebranding Coke as New Coke
>>
>>63842379

DBZ has been around 27 years, you clearly haven't...
>>
>>63842207
This nigga wants a movie with no bad guys. How about high school drama about some Jedi who's biggest problems are what color light saber to build.
>>
>>63842473
lol keep telling yourself that.
>>
>>63842532
Did you even go through the pre-movie "lets explain the background" -books and comics? The Empire is still around, so is the Republic. They ended up in a stalemate a few years after Endor and now they have this cold war thing going on. The New Order is some sort of Sith offshoot off the Empires leash and the Resistance is a non-official paramilitary group opposing them outside official republic support. So it's a sort of a proxy war with jedi and sith shit mixed in.
>>
>>63842532
After ROTJ the republic reformed and eventually remnants of the empire consolidated some resources into an insane superweapon.

As no matter how hard you try, you can't kill everyone.
>>
>>63842625
>Jedi academy movie
You're tryna tell me you wouldn't watch that?
>>
>>63842824
That is correct.
>>
>>63842824
Jake Gyllenhaal as Rosh Penin

it's gonna be great
>>
>>63842207
Sith != Empire != First Order
They literally explain this in the film
howdumb.ru
>>
>>63842776
That actually sounds kinda cool. So the Empire is still around? Which background material would you recommend? I only follow the movies.
>>
>>63842776
>Did you even go through the pre-movie "lets explain the background" -books and comics?
>you need to read books and comics to understand what's going on in the movie

It's the prequels all over again
>>
>>63842902
There arent many of them. Like three novels and two comics + some random encyclopedia -thingies. I honestly dont know of the quality. I just read the general plot synopses to get an idea of what has happened before the movie.

>>63843153
Yeah that annoyed me too. The movie is fast paced and doesnt actually explain anything properly.
>>
>>63842397
Should something make Episode 6 important?

It's not what brings Disney the money.
>>
>>63842397
The Empire falling all at once, over the ENTIRE GALAXY, just because the Emperor was killed. would have been silly. We have had tiny, less advanced empires here on earth that didn't instantly crumble with the death of it's emperor
>>
So there are two official powers. The New Republic that was formed from worlds freed from Imperial control, and the remnants of the Empire trying to restore themselves to former glory. Then you have the First Order which is some special group specifically trying to end the Resistance, which is a group that is technically from the New Republic but is disenchanted with the current politics of the stalemate.

Is that close?
>>
>>63843153
JJ did the exact same thing with nutrek.
>>
HOLY SHIT THEY'RE DEFENDING THE COPY PASTE
http://screenrant.com/star-wars-7-force-awakens-original-trilogy-comparison/
>>
>>63844926
So rewatching the original triology confirms my experience, TFA was nothing but a glib facsimile.

If Star Wars was all I had access to as a child in terms of sci-fi I probably would become one of those crazy fanboys, but thankfully I had access to anime from very early on in my youth years that my mental balance is very stable.

Seriously, if you have watched Akira, you'd realize just how sophisticated anime is and it blows away anything Star Wars would have to offer.

A lot of people mention Ghost In The Shell, which has just enough of sexuality in the mix to draw in the western audience I suppose but I must say that Ghost In The Shell is not even in my top 10 anime, not even close, that's just how deep the world of anime is.

Some anime is so disturbingly mature like Fractale that I wish it would challenge the system and submit it as a Drama category in the Oscars just to bitchslap the snotty Academy.

It's not just the level of maturity and sophistication anime has, it's also quite original, entertaining, and visually fantastic. I would regard anime as the highest form of cinema art-form.

But hey, me preaching about anime won't do you any good, you gotta go out and see it for yourself just how much you are missing.

The recent one I would recommend to check out is Sword Art Online which is light and easy to get into anime for the first time yet appreciate it as much, but if you want the heavy stuff right off the line check out Guilty Crown in which the plot is so complex and twisted that you'll need extra oxygen pumped into your brain in order to comprehend everything, and if you want amazing visuals and a gripping drama that also has awesome mecha battles Aldnoah.Zero is the shit.

Seriously, if you know anime like I do, Star Wars looks like it's something for little kids.
>>
>>63842776
I haven't watched this yet, but are you saying that a republic-backed group calls themselves "the Resistance"?

That's some serious mental gymnastics.
>>
>>63845008
is that from MAL or animesuki?
>>
>>63844253
>would have been silly

Exactly how realistic should Star Wars politics be then? You want to go back to long tirades about taxation?

The point is that the battle of endor was nothing. Hell one can argue Yavin was nothing since even in the EU the rebels got the shit kicked out of them on that moon after the Deathstar exploded. The New movie was just bad at showing how different the First Order vs Resistance was relative to Empire vs Rebels. It might as well have the First Order be the same old Empire and keep the rebels, (no new republic) making them different was totally unnecessary.
>>
>>63842207
>A small battle on a moon between bear-niggers and a handful of rebellious soldiers will cripple a Galactic Empire
Galactic Empire: A hierarchical power-structure spanning the size of a galaxy's worth of planets
Either terrible contrarian /tv/ arthouse faggotry bait, or an autistic fanboy who doesn't understand that every aspect of a story opens up possibilities to realities of that fictional world
2/10. Not worth responding to in the first place
>>
File: dp.png (220 KB, 406x307) Image search: [Google]
dp.png
220 KB, 406x307
>>63844926

>You know, World Wars I and II were almost the same…almost the same factions, almost the same frontlines (in parts)… Germans trying to conquer Europe, the US intervening with some delay… yes, there ARE subtle differences, such as the scope of atrocities, weaponry, number of casualities etc., but still, both conflicts seem like two chapters of one and the same conflict…the voice and the echo…
>>
>>63842207
>What's the point if the Empire is back stronger than ever in the very next movie?

They're not. The First Order is a lot smaller and less powerful than the Empire in conventional terms (number of ships, manpower, etc.). Starkiller Base was their ace in the hole - something that could decapitate the New Republic from halfway across the galaxy - but they built it precisely because they couldn't actually beat the Republic in a shooting war (the Republic, meanwhile, wanted to avoid a formal shooting war even if they could win, which is why they were secretly funding a Resistance within First Order-controlled space).
>>
>>63844253
Do you even Thrawn Trilogy?
>>
>>63842625

So the Empire is only source of bad guys they can come up with?

Not a Civil War, or some new species?
>>
>>63845524
>Civil War
this exactly what they're doing

>some new species
fanfic tier
>>
>>63844253
Instantly? No. But over the course of 20-30 years like this? Absolutely.
>>
>>63845202
if they'd done something intelligent like avoided the Superweapon shit and just set the movie in a farflung corner of the galaxy, they didn't have to address the Republic at all.

the movie could have just been about Luke and the main characters trying to find him before the First Order within their territory somewhere. they just needed to not completely ignore the need to explain major elements of the plot properly.
>>
>>63845524
New species are more expensive in comparison to just using humans.
>>
File: U.jpg (16 KB, 398x307) Image search: [Google]
U.jpg
16 KB, 398x307
>>63845008
>implying anime is good
kek an hero pls
>>
Star Wars is nothing without the philosophical Darkness/Light & Freedom/Oppression angle. No one wants to see Luke fighting a space tuna invasion or some shit
>>
>>63845444
>They're not. The First Order is a lot smaller and less powerful than the Empire in conventional terms (number of ships, manpower, etc.).

Then why Finn is so afraid that they will find him? He wants to flee to the Outer Rim to be safe. It feels like the Order controls considerable part of the galaxy in the movie because it doesn't really tell us much what is going on in the galaxy.
>>
>>63842207
I'm with you on this one.

For a "Last Remnant" of a "broken empire" they sure are strong, and the "RESISTANCE" are weak as all hell.
>>
>>63845343

Wrong. World War I was started because a bunch of countries that had huge militaries all had these complex alliances with one another. So if two countries started fighting, a whole bunch other had to jump in to protect their allies.

It was essentially the old politics from the late 19th Century exploding in the early 20th century (with the death of Franz Ferdinand really lighting the fuse).

WW2 was basically Hitler getting a bunch of tanks and planes and fucking shit up.
>>
>>63845444

The Empire at full strength fell behind in the production of the 2nd Death Star.

How in the fuck could the First Order hollow out a fucking planet and build an even strong and bigger weapon than the Death Star? It would take 100 years + unlimited resources and manpower.
>>
>>63844770
First Order is different from the Imperial remnants, but I'm sure by now the organization cannibalized most of the remnants, so they might as well be the same.
>>
>>63844253

I just wish they had named them something other than The First Order.

What exactly does it mean anyways?
>>
>>63846921

The "First Order" is normally drinks or appetizer.
>>
>Vader brings balance to the force
>For less than 30 years until a new sith arises somehow
>>
>>63845008

Is this pasta?
>>
>A ruthless drug cartel is a major power being led by one man.
>The man gets killed, does the cartel fall apart and all its henchmen shrug and go back to working at the Corona factory?

No, they fight over control and set up a new cartel that's just as ruthless and well-organized
>>
>>63847013

Peace doesn't last for ever.
>>
>>63842207
>pol grasping at fucking straws
Uh it's about vaders redemption
>>
>>63846921
dude nazis lol
>>
>>63847231
He wasn't bringing peace he was bringing balance to the force and all the jedi were dead, all the sith were dead. Luke wasn't a master and the empire was terribly hurt.
>>
>>63842397
The Republic exists. They're locked in a Cold War but secretly fund the resistance to fight the First Order within their territory
>>
>>63847334
>The Republic exists. They're locked in a Cold War but secretly fund the resistance to fight the First Order within their territory

So basically this is the Syrian Civil War?
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.