[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>how did you get his lightsaber? >I'll tell you about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4
>how did you get his lightsaber?
>I'll tell you about that another time

plothole solved
>>
where was this scene in the movie
>>
>>63841901
post-credits
>>
>>63841901
>wait, did they get a lightsaber? when?
>>
>>63841926
fuck really? i knew i should have stayed

what happened?
>>
>>63841926
Fuck off
>>
>>63841975
Goggles lady was romantically involved with Luke on Endor
>>
>>63841861

>Everything looks pretty old and weathered throughout the movie
>60 year old lightsaber looks like it just came off the production line

I guess Orange Yoda spent 30 years polishing it?
>>
File: Obi-Wan_Mustafar.jpg (126 KB, 1258x816) Image search: [Google]
Obi-Wan_Mustafar.jpg
126 KB, 1258x816
>>63841861
You know remember that that lightsaber is the same one Anakin used when he killed muh Younglings. And it's calling out to you, Rey, that's a good thing.
>>
It was JUST what I expected, this rehash is nothing but a glib facsimile.

If Star Wars was all I had access to as a child in terms of sci-fi I probably would become one of those crazy fanboys, but thankfully I had access to anime from very early on in my youth years that my mental balance is very stable.

Seriously, if you have watched Akira, you'd realize just how sophisticated anime is and it blows away anything Star Wars would have to offer.

A lot of people mention Ghost In The Shell, which has just enough of sexuality in the mix to draw in the western audience I suppose but I must say that Ghost In The Shell is not even in my top 10 anime, not even close, that's just how deep the world of anime is.

Some anime is so disturbingly mature like Fractale that I wish it would challenge the system and submit it as a Drama category in the Oscars just to bitchslap the snotty Academy.

It's not just the level of maturity and sophistication anime has, it's also quite original, entertaining, and visually fantastic. I would regard anime as the highest form of cinema art-form.

But hey, me preaching about anime won't do you any good, you gotta go out and see it for yourself just how much you are missing.

The recent one I would recommend to check out is Sword Art Online which is light and easy to get into anime for the first time yet appreciate it as much, but if you want the heavy stuff right off the line check out Guilty Crown in which the plot is so complex and twisted that you'll need extra oxygen pumped into your brain in order to comprehend everything, and if you want amazing visuals and a gripping drama that also has awesome mecha battles Aldnoah.Zero is the shit.

Seriously, if you know anime like I do, Star Wars looks like it's something for little kids..
>>
File: 1444788390456[1].png (30 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1444788390456[1].png
30 KB, 300x300
>>63842140
>I guess Orange Yoda spent 30 years polishing it?
>>
>>63842177
*now
>>
>>63842183
classic pasta
>>
>>63842140
kek
>>
>>63842140
but how exactly did she get the lightsaber?
it felt down cloud city
>>
>>63842276
So did Luke.
>>
>>63842276
I'll tell you about it another time.
>>
>>63842346
except lightsabers don't have legs to wrap around poles
>>
>>63842456
Luke was only dropped out of the chute because he was too heavy for the air flow to take him any further. The lightsaber may have been taken to a different location and not ejected entirely out of Cloud City.

Do you think the person who found it saw Luke's severed hand still gripping it?
>>
>>63841861
Why was the lightsaber so fucking huge? It didn't used to be so big did it?
>>
>>63843292

females have little hands..

Almost as if you never held any girls hand before
>>
>>63843292
Because of the long intergalactic war that happened after Battle of Endor, most of the population of the Outer Rim was severly malnourished thus growing up to be manlets.
This explains why Snoke seems to be so big, he is older than this war.

Why older cast, like Han, Leia etc are smaller too? Dunno, i think it will be explained in some behind the scenes books and comics.
>>
>>63843404
You disgusting bastard! This is a worksafe board.
>>
>>63843511

I apologize
>>
>>63841901
It wasn't, neither was Kylo's lightsaber being ignited in the snow as seen in the first teaser, it never happened in the movie.
>>
Why did Maz give it to Finn? He doesn't seem to be Force sensitive. Was she just desperate to hand it off?
>>
>>63843404
>>63843478
I feel like they made it bigger so it would more closely resemble the toys that have to be big enough for 2 size D batteries.
>>
>>63843903
She knew it would eventually get to Rey
>>
>>63842276
smugglers and scavengers probably. People with the Force can also use that shit like a magnet, so Luke probably wandered around Bespin just holding his hand out like a metal detector.
>>
>>63841861
BRAVO JJ

BRAVISIMO
>>
Shouldn't the lightsaber be green instead of blue? lmao bravo JJ
>>
>>63843903
Probably. As another Force-sensitive, having it around probably made her hear voices and have visions too.
>>
>>63842140

A typical Graflex 3 Cell gets pretty beat up just normally handling it. There's no way Luke's lightsaber is in perfect condition after being used by Anakin and bouncing around on Cloud City.
>>
>>63844340
Bravissimo need 2 s
>>
>>63844465
yes, there's absolutely NO way that can happen in a film where people have magic powers.
>>
>>63841861
Would have made more sense if they found it on Jakku. It's a junkyard planet, it'd make sense for them to get some of the trash from a mining city.
>>
>>63844392
It's the one Luke lost in ESB, along with his hand, not the one he tossed aside in ROTJ.
>>
>>63843916
Kek
>>
>>63844520

The lightsaber doesn't have magic powers. Everything else in the SW universe gets scratched when you scratch it. But apparently this thing has a protective forcefield around it that even protects the rubber grip from normal wear and tear.
>>
>>63841861

I just can't wait for all the new EU content. Now that the movie is released, the authors can explore the time period between RoTJ and TFA, and the backstory of all the new characters. I'm pretty sure what went down between Luke and Kylo, and how he got seduced to the darks side and formed the Knights of Ren will be shown in the EU and not in the movies
>>
REY: I brought you your lightsaber back
LUKE: Yeah but I can't bring my mother back
>>
>>63842177
I'm pretty sure it was screaming children she heard as she walked toward it.
>>
>>63841861
Honestly all these "plot holes" will be explained later on most likely. Why did r2d2 even wake up
>>
>>63844682
that is space rubber
>>
OP, where did you get that image in such a high resolution?
>>
>>63841861
>I'll tell you about that another time
>Not "I'll explain later"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6f-49cGWD2Y
>>
>>63845205
Because I'll tell you about that another time.
>>
>>63841861
Actually likely a comic/book tie-in.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.