[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
the comic relief in this movie was forced and completely off
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1
File: pzwb1fhlkzyvmrtavkos.jpg (207 KB, 2048x1365) Image search: [Google]
pzwb1fhlkzyvmrtavkos.jpg
207 KB, 2048x1365
the comic relief in this movie was forced and completely off tone with the previous films
>>
>Jar Jar literally steps in shit for comedy value
>>
I didn't understand this scene. Was she mad because she considers droids sentient beings? I thought she was going to retrieve it to sell or use for something, but then she just points it in a direction and says, "town is that way!" ...it's a fucking robot.

And why did the little not-jawa just give it up. He should have fought for his find.
>>
>>63840973
>b-but prequels...
>>
>>63840901
It really wasn't, comic relief was pretty present throughout ANH, you just didn't notice it in the prequels because none of the jokes were funny
>>
>>63840980
She's lonely, so I guess it'd be the same as finding a stray cat and talking to it like a person.
>>
>>63840901
Cmon, John Boyega wasn't that bad.
>>
>>63840980
1. People have been treating droids with emotional endearment throughout the films
2. The not-Jawa knows Rey and was aware he'd get his ass kicked if he tried to refuse
>>
>>63840980
I'm guessing that he wasn't allowed to take a droid without the permission of their master. They couldn't know if the owner had just sent it out for some reason.
Just taking a random droid and selling/scrapping it is a major dick move, unless you're 100% sure it has no owners.
>>
Harrisons lines were the most annoying. I know it wasn't him, but the script.
>>
>>63841030
I didn't think c3po was funny either, but I recognize that he was supposed to be comic relief.
>>
>>63840901
When will he get his wookiepedia entry?
>>
>>63841149
He probably had one since the trailers
>>
>>63841030
>comic relief was pretty present throughout ANH
Incorrect. There are comedic moments in ANH but there are no comic relief characters.
>>
When was the last time you watched the older films? Comic relief has always been pretty hit and miss in Star Wars. Even in the original trilogy I doubt you laughed every time designated comic relief character C3-PO spoke. And don't get me started on the time of humour they tried to push in the prequels. The Force Awakens had way more genuine laughs than any film in the prequel trilogy unless you find them ironically funny.
>>
>>63841261

Han Solo and Chewbacca
>>
>>63841149
Never. Since george lucas wrote most, if not all of wookiepedia, and he is not a george lucas character.
>>
>>63840901
That's because it's a movie for little kids
>>
>>63841261
C3PO
>>
>>63841274
>That scared Imperial Officer walking in to give Kylo the bad news
>Kylo Ren flips his shit, fucking everything up with his lightsaber, the dude is shitting his pants
>Doesn't kill him, turns around says "Anything else?"

LOL!
>>
>>63840901
best comic part of the movie was when Kylo was having a fit after Rey escapes and the 2 troopers just fucking stop, do a 180 and walk away
>>
>>63841261
C-3PO and Chewbacca to a lesser extent definately qualify
>>
>>63841328
Badass smuggler and his monstrous sidekick. Both are crucial to helping the plot move along. They are responsible for some funny scenes but are not comic relief characters.

>>63841384
Protocol droid that helps tell the back story. Occasionally bickers with ARtoo but is not just there for laughs.

Jar-Jar literally does nothing to help the story. He is there just for slapstick. Nice try, faggots :^)
>>
>>63841653
In what way was Chewbacca crucial to moving the plot along?
>>
>>63841719
By helping Han.

Seriously, you are fucking retarded.
>>
>>63841653
>Protocol droid that helps tell the back story. Occasionally bickers with ARtoo but is not just there for laughs.

Then there are no comic relief characters in TFA, since they all have jobs and add to the story as well. Fuck off.
>>
>>63841798
>helping Han

Literally all he does is stand there and press random buttons, the Millenium Falcon could have easily been written as a single person ship
>>
>>63840901
>based Tito confirmed for sequels
>>
>>63840901

Did anyone else laugh during this scene, when that animal started moving forward ? It looked so hilariously terrible.

Sometimes its ok to use CGI people ..
>>
>>63841653
Jar Jar gets Qui Gon and and Obi Wan to the city of Naboo and helps them convince the Gungans to aid against the invasion.

You are just being biased as all fuck. C3PO and Jar Jar are both comic relief characters, that doesn't mean they aren't involved in the events of the story.

Fuck C3PO does less than Jar Jar fucking Binks, R2 and C3PO could be one robot and jack shit would change except the film would be less entertaining.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.