[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /tv/ think about Gattaca?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: 51vllLzIHaL.jpg (43 KB, 348x500) Image search: [Google]
51vllLzIHaL.jpg
43 KB, 348x500
What does /tv/ think about Gattaca?
>>
Is that the one where they escape and meet his biological double who is having him grown for organs?
>>
great movie. based Law
>>
File: comfy.jpg (18 KB, 400x299) Image search: [Google]
comfy.jpg
18 KB, 400x299
>Ethan Hawke
>based Jude Law
Perfect movie. Not a single flaw, save for the mediocre ending.
I kinda wanted to see him travel into space, and see what they were doing up there.
>>
>>63840324
No. It's the future and everyone is genetically modified. A guy who isn't genetically modified wants to into space. To do that he pretends to be another guy. Uses samples of his body and stuff.
>>
>>63840278
This got me into movies, it's pretty good.

The concept, the visuals, the soundtrack the sets and the overall atmosphere were greatly executed.

Also, it gave me the feels
>>
>>63840364
fucking plen
>>
It was one of my favorite movies. Thanks for giving me something to watch for the sunday.
>>
>>63840549
Yeah. I cried like a bitch when Eugene killed himself.
>>
>>63840278
one of my favourite dystopia story. in a film noir like style. a "degenerate" beats an "alpha". pretty encouraging.

>>63840324
that was The island cca 10 years after this
>>
IT GLORIFIES IDENTITY FRAUD! ABSOLUTELY FUCKING DISGUSTING!

Top tier film.
>>
>>63840782
crying for a movie, pls do the world a favor and die already
>>
Being forced to watch it twice in Biology did not prevent me from enjoying it.
>>
One of the greats
>>
It's considered by many to be the most scientifically accurate sci-fi movie
>>
>>63840364
>I kinda wanted to see him travel into space, and see what they were doing up there.
It would make no effect. It is probably all disappointing all there, would only ruin the whole plot
>>
>>63840278
One of my favorites.
How did you finally beat him?
>>
>>63841914
lel, this
>>
>>63841887
That's pretty harsh
>>
did they explain what were they doing in space? they were sending space ships all the time right?

I mean other than the mission gerome applied for
>>
>>63842495
Pretty sure it was exploratory stuff. Like how they haven't been to Titan yet.
>>
Great soundtrack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldkSV0gElxg
>>
>>63842284
I never saved anything for the swim back
>>
I saw someone suggest it on /tv/ about 2 weeks ago.

Watched it about a week ago.

It's "ok". Brave New World meets Film Noir.

Not amazing great.

Also, uma therman's character is bland as fuck--a blank "love object"--a cum receptacle if you will.
>>
Those swimming scenes where Anton gets wrekt by Vincent were on point. Serves those genetically selected freaks right for being so damn cocky.
>>
>>63843595
that's because she saw herself as subhuman for not being perfect
>>
>>63840278
9/10
>>
>>63843595
What didn't you like about it anon?
>>
>>63840324
I think you are thinking of 'Never let me go'
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.