[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was the last big budget hollywood movie that /tv/ had a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6
What was the last big budget hollywood movie that /tv/ had a positive consensus on? I mean honestly, does this fucking board to hate anything that is popular?

It's worse than fucking /v/
>>
does sicario count?
>>
File: 91ewEzuEjCL._SL1500_.jpg (383 KB, 1049x1500) Image search: [Google]
91ewEzuEjCL._SL1500_.jpg
383 KB, 1049x1500
>>63839706
True Grit is one of the few big Hollywood films that does not insult the audience with stupidity
>>
Drive
>>
>>63839706

Independence Day
>>
>>63839706
eyes wide shut, apocalypto and the passion of the christ.
>>
>>63839706
It's because of people like you that Transformers 4 happened. Jump off the nearest bridge immediately please.
>>
File: 1407011123411.png (741 KB, 500x570) Image search: [Google]
1407011123411.png
741 KB, 500x570
>>63839706

>4chan
>positive consensus
>>
why do you care so much about what /tv/ thinks

fucking /v/edditor shitstain
>>
>>63839706
The Dark Knight, Mad Max recently.
>>
Pretty sure Edge of Tomorrow got universal acclaim from /tv/.
>>
John Wick?
>>
>>63839706
>big budget

There's your problem, big budget=lowest common denominator audience
Films like Whiplash were very prominant and popular and lvoed on here but they weren't big budget
>>
>>63840593
>eyes wide shut

Complete dog shit tbqhf
>>
>>63840673

It was fun. Better than Oblivion.
>>
Enemy
Nightcrawler

We love jake <3
>>
>>63840849
>>63840849
>We love jake <3

nah hes a dopey twatface
>>
>>63839706
>does this fucking board to hate anything that is popular?

literally all of 4chan
>>
>>63839706

/tv/ really liked Mad Max which was a great film.

The people who complained about muh female feminist lead were stupid and wrong.
>>
>>63839706
>positive consensus

what's happening isn't a negative consensus: it's every post that isn't shilling or "it was fun I guess" trashing the film. this is far more consistent than it usually gets.

generally movies get a mixture of reactions, because they aren't obvious hack jobs.
>>
>>63840968
why are you so mean?
>>
Mission Impossible ? /tv/ likes lots of stuff if its objectively decent
>>
>>63840672
Yea mad max, I saw no actual criticism on here besides LMAO STRONK WOMEN
>>
/tv/ usually decides when something is bad not not before it has been released, much like /v/ do. Once its released and it turns about to be good they go into full autism mode and start looking for minor cracks in the movie/video game and blow them way out of proportion in attempt to back up their contrarian opinion.
/v/ recently did this with Fallout 4 and /tv/ are now doing the same for TFA.
>>
>>63841593
Or not*
>>
>>63840672
Mad Max didn't get universal acclaim, even if most of the criticism was poor. Didn't like it myself, it was really boring for an action flick. Felt very vacant, and a lot of the hyper-stylized cinematography served to detract from the overall experience for me.
In essence, the action lacked significant tension to make it worthwhile (from scene to scene).
>>63840673
Yep. It was great.
>>
Since you can't please everyone all of the time, the more people who see something, the higher the number of people that won't like it. Which gives the illusion that /tv/ only likes "obscure" things.
>>
Jurassic world

Btw this is my fist post on /tv/
>>
File: 1414866951720.jpg (231 KB, 595x833) Image search: [Google]
1414866951720.jpg
231 KB, 595x833
>>63841061
>/tv/ really liked Mad Max which was a great film.
>The people who complained about muh female feminist lead were stupid and wrong.
T- male feminist Cuckboi shill
>>
BIG budget? Positive consensus on 4chan? lmfao okay pal
>>
This board is literally the bastard child of /pol/ and /v/, what do you expect
>>
>>63841788
Actually despite initial skepticism, Jurassic World had been surprisingly well received here.

Didn't overdo it with the references and really managed to capture that sense of awe and wonderment of the original without hamfisting it with their homages.

I ended up seeing it twice in theaters actually.

I think I opined that it was the best movie I knew I didn't want after I saw it.
>>
>>63840849
>enemy
>nightcrawler
>big budget Hollywood
>>
>>63839706
Edge of Tomorrow
Jurassic World (although personally I hated it)
Mad Max (Only criticism was from /r9k/ crossposters)
the new Mission Impossible (although it was hardly talked about)
>>
The /tv/ mindset as I see it these days is

Reddit = popular with many people
[Good movie] = popular with many people
So transitively:
[Good movie] = Reddit movie

And that's why everyone here always has there anus clenched about popular movies and refuses to admit when good is just good. I personally don't let anonymous words on the internet form opinions for me
>>
>>63840673
>Pretty sure Edge of Tomorrow got universal acclaim from /tv/.
>/tv/ loves things everyone else hates.
Look at these special little faggots.
>>
Mad max or edge of tomorrow but these are rather universally not hated. If there are movies a lot of people really love on /tv/ there are going to be at least that many who hate it, just to spite others. So for a movie not to be hated it has to be either mediocre or so over the top amazing that you cant hate it. Which is impossible
>>
>>63839706
Mad Max
>but mah feminist consp...
There were like several threads forced by some retards a day. Doesn't count.
>>
File: metroid.jpg (61 KB, 333x322) Image search: [Google]
metroid.jpg
61 KB, 333x322
>>63839706
>does this fucking board to hate anything that is popular?
are you new to this entire site or something?
>>
4chan is pretty popular
>>
>>63842282
Who hates Edge of Tomorrow?

Almost everyone loved that movie. It had modest box office success because it was completely unadvertised.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.