[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did it bother anyone else that he took his mask off so early
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: Kylo_Ren.jpg (106 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Kylo_Ren.jpg
106 KB, 1280x720
Did it bother anyone else that he took his mask off so early in the trilogy?

It almost ruins the mystery surrounding the guy. There was such a build up in 4, 5, and 6 that led to Darth Vader eventually having his mask removed and seeing his face.

I think putting a face to the badguy is against what we've became accustomed to in this series. Why does he even wear the mask if there is nothing wrong with his face?
>>
There will never be another Vader, trying to imitate that archetype would be a bad play
>>
File: SNjYIRs.jpg (60 KB, 645x651) Image search: [Google]
SNjYIRs.jpg
60 KB, 645x651
>>63838860
Did you not even watch the movie? He's a Darth Vader obsessive. He worships Darth Vader. He wears the mask, despite, as Han said, not needing it, because he's obsessed with Vader.

Him being masked the whole time would ruin several scenes and mess with his character.
>>
>>63838860
I agree, was thinking this earlier.

They could've made him way more menacing. Have him at least in his 30s, be more menacing and cutthroat, and not some whiny weak ass emo faggot.
>>
Taking off the mask was great. The entire point was that the mask was Kylo Ren's big boy pants that made him feel tough, used to hide his weakness and insecurity from the outside world

when he took the mask off, that image breaks. He's not supposed to be someone to fear even though he projects that image
>>
>>63838961

But that's really not the intention for him. He's not the big bad of this trilogy. He's an easily manipulated Vader fanboy.
>>
To show that he and Rey are the same age.
>>
>>63839022
Which makes him seem like a fanfiction star wars villain and not a legitamite one.
>>
File: HZQhpea.gif (884 KB, 260x111) Image search: [Google]
HZQhpea.gif
884 KB, 260x111
>>63838961
>They could've made him way more menacing. Have him at least in his 30s, be more menacing and cutthroat, and not some whiny weak ass emo faggot.

So make him an entirely different character?

Do you guys not understand what the whole point of Kylo Ren is? And how he's not supposed to be just the new Vader?
>>
>>63838961
agreed... he looks too pretty and emo faggish.

I suppose it just sets up his redemption storyline much easier but portraying him as having weakness and conflicted emotions

A lot of the scenes wouldn't have worked if he had his mask on, like him almost breaking down to Han, but that end lightsaber scene would have been far more menacing if he had on his mask with the mask-voice saying "JOIN ME AND I CAN TRAIN YOU"
>>
>>63838909
>There will never be another Vader, trying to imitate that archetype would be a bad play

THIS
>>
I understand what they were trying to do, they want Kylo to be a more personal villain. He is also someone who is dancing between both sides of the force. When he takes off the mask we see Ben and when he puts the mask on we see the Kylo.
>>
>>63838860
That was the point idiot. He's not some scarred Darkside vet, he's just a spoiled kid with a Vader fixation. He wears the mask even tho he isn't disfigured
>>
It bothers me that the face under the mask didnt look at all threatening
>>
>>63839062

Fanfiction? Wouldn't a fanfic writer make their villain a massive Mary Sue, biggest and bestest villain in the series? Why would a fanfic writer deliberately construct a weak villain?
>>
One of the problems with Kylo Ren being a pussy is that it makes Snoke look retarded for thinking he's worth training.

How does this make the series as a whole better? What does the "original" element of Kylo being a retard add?
>>
>>63839085
>but that end lightsaber scene would have been far more menacing if he had on his mask with the mask-voice saying "JOIN ME AND I CAN TRAIN YOU"

I cringed at that part. It was like some edgy kid roleplaying a sith lord in a poorly made fan film.
>>
>>63839190
Or they could make a strong villain who has some weaknesses, y'know. A proper balance to make them menacing but deep down human at the same time.

But you wouldn't get that.
>>
Did that lightsaber get destroyed at the end of the movie i think i remember her specifically cutting it
>>
>>63839258

I wouldn't get that? Wtf? You don't need a superiority complex here buddy, we're discussing a Star Wars movie.

To be honest, 'menacing but deep down human' sounds like a good description of Darth Vader. I assume Abrams didn't go down that path yet again to avoid following the same steps as the originals.

There's a plan for Ren, I'm sure. I think he's quite interesting really.
>>
>>63839192
I wouldn't say he is a pussy, but he is basically an emo teen which makes him an easy target for dark side indoctrination and he also has some atonement to the force so there is that.
Also I never go the sense that he is in charge of anything that what general whatshisname is for.
>>
>>63839258
>Or they could make a strong villain who has some weaknesses, y'know.

We have that. His name is Snoke.
>>
>>63838909
>coming from the movie that took every archetype from ANH
>>
>>63838860

It's something different and fresh. Why would you want more of the same thing you've seen a thousand times before?
>>
>>63838860
DO YOU FAGGOTS WANT A REMAKE OF THE OT OR NOT

MAKE UP YOUR DAMN MIND
>>
>>63838860
>>63838955

The whole point of the mask is that anyone can put it on and become Kylo Ren
>>
File: 1427962944902.jpg (39 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1427962944902.jpg
39 KB, 400x400
>>63839907
>>
>>63838860
So... What you're saying is... but nobody cares who he is unless he puts on the mask?
>>
>>63839433
>To be honest, 'menacing but deep down human' sounds like a good description of Darth Vader.

it's a good description of literally any villain that isn't an animalistic kill machine
>>
>>63838860
No. I don't need more allusions to the fucking OT. I was glad he took off the damn mask.
>>
>>63839433
>To be honest, 'menacing but deep down human' sounds like a good description of Darth Vader
Episode VI Vader only
>>
>>63840212
>it's a good description of literally any villain that isn't an animalistic kill machine

Which of course Ren isn't. We've lost sight of the original conversation here.
>>
The thing about ren is he is a dark side Jedi struggling against going light as opposed to the usual light struggling against dark we usually see
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.