[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"Killing people is WRONG, I can't do this"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 600x300
>"Killing people is WRONG, I can't do this"
>In his escape alone, murders douzens of his stormtrooper brothers, people he grew up with, trained with, that were like his family

Were we supposed to root for this guy?
>>
>>63837240
a gilb facsimile
>>
>>63837240
Stormnigger is a better character than the skinny, angsty edgelord and the mary sue.
>>
He never said killing people was wrong dipshit, he said he wouldn't kill for the First Order (who were at the time ordering him to kill villagers for no reason).
>>
>>63837240
No, he realized the First Order is evil and doesn't want to massacre harmless civilians. He never said he'll never kill anyone again.
>>
>>63837240
>people he grew up with, trained with, that were like his family

Maybe? We actually don't see a lot of what Finn's upbringing and day to day life is actually like. There is no Biggs-type character for him to mention to at least imply a affection for his fellow troopers and no real explanation for his attitude in the face of a lifetime of military dogma and implies mental conditioning save for maybe a affinity for the force.
>>
>>63837240
only his squad where "normal" people,all the others are Clones...Did you even watch the fucking film?
>>
>>63837634
Could you specify when that was said? I only remember Ren asking his Tarkin-dude if he would rather they use clone troopers
>>
>>63837556
>He never said he'll never kill anyone again.
>kills billions on the starkiller
>gets han killed

dindu nuffin
>>
>>63837579
*implied mental conditioning
>>
>>63837240
>In his escape alone, murders douzens of his stormtrooper brothers, people he grew up with, trained with, that were like his family
No wonder Tray Tor was mad at him.
>>
>>63837240
>You are being forced to kill unarmed innocents

VS

>you are defending yourself from inhumane soldiers trying to murder you and someone else and breaking away from the monstrocity you just witnessed.

You autistic mongoloids really have no sense of character motivation, do you?
>>
>>63837965
>Kills millions of people killing even more billions for governmental power gain in order to prevent that.

Jesus, did you even watch the scene where an solar system gets obliterated?
>>
his true motivation was because he was a coward

he saw his buddy die, got scared and saw poe as his way out

he wanted to get as far away from the first order as possible after that
>>
>>63838552
some of them were armed if the blue lasers and dead trooper were any indication, but Finn didn't fire a shot at any point regardless. This is star wars so I don't expect a somber meditation on the nature of violence, especially considering how Luke shot a bunch of people as a teenager with no problem. I just expected Finn to feel a little more conflicted since he could have been and really has no reason not to be just like them. Or at the very least because he used to know them.

and the thing that bugs me is that they it would only help to do that. Wouldn't the fight with tazer trooper have been better if it was someone Finn was explicitly shown to know?
>>
TRAITOR!
>>
>>63838927
MODS
O
D
S
>>
>>63837965
>killed billions on the Death Star
>Hero

>killed billions on the Starkiller
>Gets arrested for larceny
>>
You literally no nothing of his relationship with other his other storm troopers. So for you to make an assumption that he was very close to his fellow troopers is retarded.
>>
>>63837240
Killing unarmed civilians and killing armed soldiers actively trying to kill you are two very different situations.
>>
>>63837240
TRAITORRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
>>
>>63839496
He obviously cared for the trooper that died in-front of him that left the bloody marks all over his face.
>>
>>63839667
>Killing people is wrong
>>
>>63837965
>gets Han Killed

Technically it was Leia and his feelings for his kid that got him killed. Leia said "There's still good in him I can feel it.. Talk to him."
>>
>>63837634
Did you? The entire base was a diversity experiment.
>>
>>63837414
this, he acted better too

nigger>ren>rey
>>
>>63839772
No, it was implying this is his first time in real combat and he couldn't handle it. That ontop of them needlessly slaughtering civilians is what made his gtfo.
>>
>>63839772
I felt that maybe he was a good friend and came to the realization that he died for nothing
>>
>>63839832
And there was good. But unlike Vader or Luke, he chose to snuff out the last strange of light in himself so he could go full on Sith.
he's still a little fukboi though, but at least he has great hair
>>
>>63839832
Leia got Han killed.

Phasma got everyone on starkiller killed to save herself only to get thrown in a trash compactor.

Rey got Finn coma'd.

Lesson learned? Never trust a woman
>>
T R A I T O R
R
A
I
T
O
R
>>
>>63837240
Long and short of it is he said "I don't want to kill for them anymore." This means he didn't want to fight for their regime. Never did he imply that he wouldn't use his life time of training.
>>
1. The villagers were actively shooting at the stormtroopers before they even got off their drop craft. The villagers fired the first shots. There's no indication at any point that noncombatants were killed in the "kill all prisoners" order. You are led to believe there are, but it isn't explicit one way or the other.

2. Finn clearly suffering from PTSD after watching one of his fellow troopers killed, not from the order to kill the villagers. There wasn't a "The First Order is evil" moment as much as there was a "holy crap I can't be a soldier now that I am one" moment. He justified running away from his PTSD with the "everything I was taught from birth I unlearned in one firefight" nonsense.

3. Without knowing the role of stormtroopers in the First Order, they were the Empire's shock troops used for naval boarding actions and planetary assault - ie. Marines. Heavily indoctrinated, trained for close order battle (sans aiming). He would have trained with them for some time - if they weren't his friends, they were still his acquaintences and the only brothers he had known his entire life.

Finn is a coward and a deserter and that was what made him interesting - and he threw all of his character and qualms away for the first white bitch who he saw. He is the ultimate bitch nigga.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.