[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tell me the moment you realized Han was going to die. For me,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 6
Tell me the moment you realized Han was going to die.

For me, it was when Ren walked into the room and I remembered that both the OT and PT had the older father figure character die when he faced the Villain in Black. I'm sure there were people who figured it out earlier, though.
>>
>>63836115
Literally everyone saw it coming the moment they started talking, it's just the way the scene was done.
>>
>>63836115
Literally was spoiled before hand. But saw it
>>
When I thought I would browse /mu/ instead of /tv/ to avoid any spoilers.

Oh wait.
>>
When Leia told Han NO MATTER WHAT GO TALK TO HIM FACE TO FACE. I was like FUCK YOU LEIA YOU KILLED HAN
>>
>>63836115
someone predicted it from the first teaser trailer, I honestly didn't really care, he deserved it
>>
Remember when Vader and Luke were on a thin bridge like structure in Empire? Remember when one confronted the other about their true relationship?

I knew it would happen. But it was still awesome.
>>
Who the fuck didn't think Han was going to die? Who the fuck didn't know he was dying the second it was announced that Ford was returning? He's wanted Han dead since fucking Empire.
>>
>>63836115
The instant Ren stepped onto a bridge with a giant chasm underneath, there was a knowing groan from audience members in my screening
>>
>>63836115
I saw the image of his last moments /tv/ on the release day. Thanks anons.
>>
>>63836115
>Star Wars
>Bottomless pit
Yup. Someone's going down.
>>
It was pretty good. The way it showed he still loved him after everything.

I wish Chewie had a better chimp out like ripping Stormtoopers arms off and stuff
>>
>>63836238
I stayed off starting Wednesday until I saw the movie. Any comment section I read, I scrolled line-by-line and stopped immediately if I saw anything. I caught at least one attempt.

Shit is dangerous out there yo.
>>
when Han and Chewie split up
>>
As soon as their confrontation started. I did have second thoughts when it looked like they were sharing a moment, but when the sun goes out it's guaranteed.
>>
The moment Leia gave Han the "bring him back speech" and triggered his death flag.
>>
>>63836115
Since the moment they announced Episode VII, not even exaggerating. Ford has wanted out since the 80's, but only Lucas was preventing it.
>>
When it was known Harrison wanted to kill off Han since Empire
>>
File: Gonning Han's Qui.png (405 KB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
Gonning Han's Qui.png
405 KB, 854x480
>>63836115
I figured because I was aware that it was originally intended for him to die in ROTJ and Harrison Ford wanted him to die. Got the Kylo is his son and kills him twist spoiled two days before actually seeing the movie though.
>>
>>63836409
BOTTOMLESS PIT WHEN?
>>
when han was announced

because Harrison Ford hates this shit and you have to start obsoleting the characters somewhere

also the final scene was obvious because of ham fisted directing by JJ and you knew they weren't going to change kylo ren so quickly
>>
>>63836728
This. Anyone who didn't see Han's death coming from several miles away is retarded.
>>
>>63836435
This
>>
>>63836115
I thought him and Chewie were going to have to sacrifice themselves and allah ackbar the base.
>>
>>63836728
sounds like bullshit, he was on screen so much in this movie, I was kinda getting tired of him
>>
Since the day it was announced Kasdan was writing it and Ford was starring in it.

Both wanted Han to die since the 80s. And I bet Ford said to make it happen near a bottomless pit and then blow that up so no one can make a stupid fan theory on how he was able to get out like with Boba Fett
>>
When Harrion Ford agreed to another Star Wars movie.
>>
>Obi-Wan Kenobi
>Qui Jon Qinn
>Han Solo
>all major deaths in the first film of the series

POETRY
O
E
T
R
Y
>>
>>63836115
As soon as they announced Harrison Ford was returning. Man has been wanting to kill off Han for decades.
>>
File: A New Hope Awakens.jpg (534 KB, 1536x864) Image search: [Google]
A New Hope Awakens.jpg
534 KB, 1536x864
>mfw there will be a new death star in Vlll
>mfw Luke will die and become a force ghost
>mfw Ren will redeem himself at the end of Vlll
>mfw J(ew)J(ew) Abrams will get away with this
>>
>>63837991

I still prefer this one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4224eIk0xiA
>>
When his role was highlighted in the marketing

There was never any way Harrison would sign up for more than a couple years of this shit
>>
>>63836115
When it was announced that Harrison Ford would be reprising his role as Han Solo.
>>
>>63836909
I browse /fit/
>>
Honestly I got spoiled beforehand because of you faggots on this website, but you could see it coming from a mile away. As soon as Han walks out onto the catwalk with Kylo you knew it was there.
>>
I wish they would they would obnoxiously overused OT lines in that scene

Han: I love you

*kylo stabs him with his lightsaber*

Kylo: I know

*han falls and as he falls he says*

Han: I got a bad feeling about thiiiisssss!
>>
File: 1450480784849.jpg (52 KB, 629x389) Image search: [Google]
1450480784849.jpg
52 KB, 629x389
>>63839177
This is a mathematically perfect joke.
>>
When it was announced that Han Solo was going to be in VII
>>
Going into it I assumed either Han or Luke would be killed off as motivation for the characters. Its a standard Star Wars trope that someone would get killed off in the beginning.
>>
I expected it from the very beginning because Han was the OT character whose death would hit the hardest. Luke would just come back as a force ghost, Leia isn't as beloved, R2 could be rebuilt.

There were mounting death flags that made me increasingly certain, though:

>Ren confirmed to be his son
>"BEN!"
>Cloud City-esque setting
>Ren mentions he's not sure if he can do it
>Rey and Finn show up to witness
>sun goes out

I really liked the scene, though. As much as I could like something so obvious.
>>
First trailer. They had to kill someone from old trilogy to make emotional impact on normies and normies love Han Solo.
>>
>>63836115
when leia tells han to bring their son back
>>
>>63836115
When i got spoiled by r/4chan
>>
>>63836115
I realised when I saw a fucking image of it on 4chan before it was even released in the UK. What a twat.
>>
>>63836115
When they confirmed that they got Harrison Ford in the movie, everyone joked "Oh the only way to get him to play Han is to kill him off."
But for some reason, that joke kind of disappeared and now people are a lot more surprised by it, which is a good thing in the end.
>>
>>63839252
T-t-thanks...
>>
What do you think the odds are of Han living? Do ya remember when he successfully navigated the asteroid field and the odds were three thousand seven hundred and twenty to one?
>>
>>63836115
Got a feeling for it during the title sequence because Luke was in hiding, which is like how it was in RotJ's original script, and so it made me think this movie was a way to move into that ending. Him at the Resistance Base and basically reconciling with Leia made me realize they're giving him way too much screen time compared to the new people, and then Leia telling Han to bring Ren back made it pretty obvious and made me remember that rumors were he'd only signed on for this movie if they agreed to make Indiana Jones 5.
>>
>>63836115
>Tell me the moment you realized Han was going to die.

when Harrison Ford said he would only reprise the role of Han Solo if they killed off his character.
>>
>>63836728
This
>>
When I saw the 2nd trailer
>>
>>63836409
>>63836858
>memerap
>on /tv/
why
>>
When he shouted "Ben!!"

Honestly I felt worse for Chewie who just watched his lifelong pal get murdered in front of him.
>>
File: oops.jpg (76 KB, 770x770) Image search: [Google]
oops.jpg
76 KB, 770x770
>>
>>63836985
Should've been this tbph.

Han and Chewie should've gone out together, best buds till the end.
>>
>>63836115
When Harrison Ford started hating Star Wars.
>>
>>63836115
I got semi-spoiled beforehand, but it was obvious when Rey started schooling him in the Falcon.
>>
>>63836115
I think anyone who knows much about Star Wars had a good feeling it was gonna happen. But the second Ren walked by and Han was staring at him I pretty much knew what was about to happen. Kinda obvious. But I think it was done as well as it could have been.

The scene dragged on so long that JJ almost had me convinced the scene wouldn't end with Kylo stabbing Han. Except for the fact that we didn't have the lightsaber fight yet. So you knew he wasn't going to change his mind.
>>
>>63836115
>Tell me the moment you realized Han was going to die.

When the internet kept finding ways to post the spoiler of him getting penetrated by his son's lightsaber.
>>
File: 1450559604226.jpg (102 KB, 720x490) Image search: [Google]
1450559604226.jpg
102 KB, 720x490
>>
Should Leia die too?
>>
>>63840905
>When the internet kept finding ways to post the spoiler of him getting penetrated by his son's lightsaber.
I browsed 4chan up until about an hour before watching this movie the night it came out and didn't get this or anything else spoiled.

It's not the internet's fault m8
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.