[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So was she one of Luke's padawans? Did she barely escape
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 30
So was she one of Luke's padawans? Did she barely escape from Kylo Ren's massacre as a child, and get dumped on Jakku where he wouldn't find her? Perhaps she had her memories blocked for her own protection and touching Anakin's lightsaber brought back a flashback of the Knights of Ren killing her fellow padawans?
>>
This will probably be it desu
>>
What if glib facsimile
>>
>>63835672

That's what I thought, however the flashbacks also showed things from episode 5, so there's kinda a flashback through the lightsaber, so we can't be sure that everything we saw was related to Rey.
However, yes I'd guess the same thing desu.
>>
I think it's pretty clear she's Luke's daughter
>>
>>63835672
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD SHE'S LUKE'S DAUGHTER! YOU HAVE TO BE FUCKING RETARDED NOT TO SEE THIS
>>
Or was she a shitty character
>>
File: vader.png (391 KB, 1000x422) Image search: [Google]
vader.png
391 KB, 1000x422
We had a flashback to this. So what we were seeing isn't clear.
>>
>>63837495
That's what I thought too, but if she is his daughter she doesn't know that she is, if that makes sense
>>
Was she a youngling?
>>
>>63837495
I'm holding out hope OP is closer to the truth as her being Luke's daughter is much more retarded
>>
>>63835672

Of course. This what people who actually paid attention instead of having a autistic spaz out in the cinema would have noticed.
>>
The problem is that she and Ren look almost exact same age.
>>
>>63837485
I'm split between that or she's kylos sister
>>
>>63837535
There are so many signs that it seems as if there must be a twist. It can't be the obvious.
>>
>>63837495
But who would the mother be? Jedi's aren't supposed to be in love.
>>
File: ChildrenSlaughter.png (1 MB, 1919x816) Image search: [Google]
ChildrenSlaughter.png
1 MB, 1919x816
I also just remembered that Rey heard the sounds of children screaming. Is this because of all the younglings Anakin killed using that lightsaber?
>>
The better question is how the fuck did they get Anakin's saber
>>
>>63837834
He could have become so powerful with the force that he could use it to create life

This would be a nice analog to Snoke/Plagieus' ability to cheat death
>>
File: Camie1-MOSW.png (224 KB, 400x450) Image search: [Google]
Camie1-MOSW.png
224 KB, 400x450
>>63837834
Maybe Camie. Luke was supposedly quite smitten with her but never got with her. In the EU she ended up marrying one of Luke's friend Fixer from Toschee Station, but Luke had a crush on her. Perhaps in the new canon Luke decided to go back to Tatooine, show off his medals, twirl around his lightsaber and get his dream girl that wasn't his sister.
>>
>>63837903
That piece of debris that we saw falling down in ESB was not Anakin's lightsaber, despite popular misconception. The lightsaber probably got sucked into a garbage chute and was found by an oompa loompa.
>>
>>63837960

EU is not canon
>>
File: Anger diagram.jpg (48 KB, 524x336) Image search: [Google]
Anger diagram.jpg
48 KB, 524x336
>>63837903
"That's a story for another time."
>>
File: 1445115598781s.jpg (9 KB, 234x212) Image search: [Google]
1445115598781s.jpg
9 KB, 234x212
I think it'll be interesting if they decide to invest romance into her character.

I'd like to see her be a True Jediā„¢ and forgo romance altogther but if it was roped into her character, I'd like to think Finn would be the partner they chose for her.

Kylo just really doesn't fit, and his inevitable path of redemption only really seems to end in death.
>>
>>63837843
>YOU KILLED YANGLEENGS
>>
File: Skywalker family.png (816 KB, 1372x1564) Image search: [Google]
Skywalker family.png
816 KB, 1372x1564
So who is the mom? Are we gonna find out or did luke make her with force magic?
>>
>>63837834
That was the view of the corrupt jedi council. It seems to me that qui-gon being the only jedi who could become a force ghost and also the only jedi who didn't give a fuck about the jedi council establishes this pretty clearly. I think Yoda and Obi-Wan's exile gave them time to reconnect with the true nature of the force which is why the force is so talked about so differently in the OT.
>>
>she is luke's daughter
>she had training but had her mind wiped
>including piloting training
>the events of the flick were not the first time she used the force
>her power with the force was suppressed by luke
>the force was awakened during the movie

It's too stupid for her to be so good at everything at the first try, luke trained her and wiped her memory and replaced them, sent her into exile to hide her.
>>
>>63838092
Just stick her with Poe. Her giney tingled when she thought Finn was with the Resistance
>>
>>63838271
Poe is real MVP he deserves better than a mary sue.

Plus it seems pretty obvious that Poe's gonna die.
>>
>>63838092
>I'd like to think Finn would be the partner they chose for her.
Fucking ew.

I'd love it if her and kylo ended up together, but considering JJ "kill all white people" abrams is directing it, you'll probably get your wish.
>>
>>63838380
>rey and kylo together

you'd need to be a special breed of retarded to believe that's a viable option

dude literally murdered his dad in front of her

in cinematic history, there's only one redemption for that
>>
>>63838308
I dunno. They already did that fake out so I'm not sure they'd do it for real.

Also, have we heard how Asians are reacting to Boyega?
>>
What if Rey is actually Han and Leia's daughter, but when Ben turned to the dark side Luke decided to hide her in some random faraway planet, and wiped everyone's (including Rey's) minds to secure her protection?
>>
>>63838209
>corrupt jedi council

When?
>>
>>63838586
Maybe not corrupt, but controlled by radical freaks and bigots filled with extremist ideals?
>>
>>63837834
thats prequels non canon bullshit
>>
>>63838196
how is sheev anakins dad? EU? or what
>>
>>63838428
>you'd need to be a special breed of retarded
I was going to respond to your point but you can go fuck yourself.
>>
>>63838764

Sheev manipulated the force to create Anakin, I think. He doesn't have a father in the proper sense of the term.
>>
File: 130513_JJ_Abrams_2[1].jpg (100 KB, 660x439) Image search: [Google]
130513_JJ_Abrams_2[1].jpg
100 KB, 660x439
Don't worry, Star Wars fans, all the questions will be answered in the sequels! Ahahahahhaha!
>>
File: ghostdad.jpg (46 KB, 348x520) Image search: [Google]
ghostdad.jpg
46 KB, 348x520
>>63838867
>>
>>63837834
You can casually fuck without beeing in love.
>>
>>63838226
She literally says to Finn right after the Millennium Falcon chase "I don't know how I did that!". Which translate to "I have secret powers that just come to me because I have repressed memories!"

Are the users of this board really so stupid they can't even pay attention through a movie?
>>
Why do people keep saying Rey is Luke's daughter? Just speculation because she has the force? Seems much more like Han and Leia's daughter to be honest with you familia.
>>
>>63837495
This.
Also Luke was the only one able to understand droid nonsense.
>>
>>63835672
This whole thing makes me just sad for Luke
>>
So is Kylo heavily looking for Luke's (Anakin's) light saber because he knows it was Anakin's? In his head it would be amazing to have Anakin's light saber before he turned and finally making it a red Jedi killer? I haven't seen this yet.
>>
>>63839146
She's in fucking tears when they meet at the end, and he's on the edge of them himself. Star wars is not complicated.
>>
>>63839236
Sad for George Lucas's self-insert gary sue character?

REALLY?
>>
>>63839334
She was in tears when she saw Leia for the first time too. They didn't know each other before then, and they hugged for like 30 minutes, it was a really long scene.
>>
>>63835672
>Did she barely escape from Kylo Ren's massacre as a child
Maybe she was the one doing the killing and they erased her memories like Revan
>>
Why does everyone think she's either Luke's daughter or was his student? That's highly sexist. Is a young woman not capable of developing the force without the help of a man?
>>
>>63838026
She was like 5 years old when she first came to Jakku.
>>
Shit, hadn't even considered that.
Or perhaps, OP, its a combination of that plus Kylo Ren using the Force to get insider her head
>>
>>63839146
Han and Leia would know if that was their daughter.

There are hints she is a Skywalker.

When kylo invaded her mind, he saw a island and see or something like that. Rey was thinking of Luke, either reaching because of the force or he told her about that place.
>>
>>63839377
That's mostly because Han died, you baka.
>>
>>63839770
How the fuck did she know who Leia was or her relationship to Han you dense fuck?

>>63839711
Possibly Leia knew, Han seems to have been absent. I don't know, I just don't understand the point of the Leia and Rey scene if that's not the case, or all of her knowledge about the Millennium Falcon.
>>
>>63839711
>There are hints she is a Skywalker.
Leia is a Skywalker.
>>
>>63839408
Maybe Kylo spared her and dumped her on Jakku to try and stop her from being trained as a jedi.
>>
>>63839770
You keep thinking that son
>>
File: family_tree_sw.png (3 MB, 3160x3380) Image search: [Google]
family_tree_sw.png
3 MB, 3160x3380
>>63838196
FTFY
>>
>>63835672
Han's daughter.

Han thought she was killed by her brother, Darth Jewnose, Luke dropped her of on Jakka and didn't tell anything to keep her safe/because he's an asshole.
>>
>>63837834
The force. People seem to forget Luke's grandfather is the force.
>>
>>63837495
Actually she's Obi-Wan's granddaughter, explaining how she so easily beat Kylo Ren, The Kenobi clan have a +5 on defense and attack against all members of Skywalker's lineage.
>>
She was the leader of the Knights of Ren, and the cause of the massacre. Luke defeated and mindwiped her, leaving her with only the memories of when she was initially abandoned on Jakku as a child - before he recruited her for the first time.
>>
>>63839878
Leia has the force, silly anon.
>>
>>63837834
R2-D2
>>
>people thinking Rey being a Solo makes more sense
>when the SW story is about a Skywalker

Literally retarded.
>>
>>63839996
does kylo ren somehow have chewbacca's dna?
>>
are you guys too fucking stupid to see she's luke and leia's daughter
>>
>>63840520
Those are my thoughts as well famalam. She was born in the time between Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi.
>>
Jedis aren't supposed to fall in love and the movie makes it pretty obvious that either Rey or Finn will become a jedi. It also makes it pretty obvious that they'll end up loving each other. I feel as if the one who's destined to become a jedi will have to be forced to make a decision between being in love and becoming a jedi.
>>
>>63840513
Shit. CHEWY KEKED HAN.
>>
You guys got it all wrong. She was born from the Force just like Anakin was. Luke dumped her on Jakku when Ren slaughtered all the younglings and because a desert planet did him good in terms of "luck". And by luck, we mean the will of the Force.

She's shaping up to be the strongest Jedi that ever lived, as if the entirety of the Force is awakening through her. She could be gaining styles through dead masters on the other side for all we know. Luke went looking for the first Jedi temple to check out the prophecy.

The prophecy was Ren, not Anakin. Caspere knew this.

What blows my mind is the Supreme One. Is it just me or was he talking to them through the other side of the Force? Holograms have been consistently blue and they zip closed when they finish.
>>
>>63838672
I agree with you kinda. I don't think they were evil in any sense of the word, but they were conservative.
>>
Rey is Ren's twin because these movies are that fucking unoriginal.
>>
>>63840771
the force draws its energy from living things, that being said, shouldn't the force be weaker on a desert planet?
>>
File: 1450557673497.png (696 KB, 1372x1524) Image search: [Google]
1450557673497.png
696 KB, 1372x1524
>>63840520
>>63840577
I like your thinking.
>>
File: 1290835453384.jpg (211 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
1290835453384.jpg
211 KB, 550x550
>>63840771
>prophecy

Oh God, I hope you're wrong.

Nicest thing about TFA? I don't think there's any mention of any PT elements outside of the clone troopers.
>>
>>63840859
People from desert planets are actually very strong in the force because their moisture farms collect and concentrate midichlorians which they drink to gain lots of force points.
>>
>>63840862
kylo and rey give birth to sheev who goes back in time
finish the cycle
>>
>>63840577
That makes her at least 30 years old
>>
>>63841245
Daisy Ridley is 30 years old you fucking massive retard.
>>
File: 1450557673497.png (733 KB, 1320x1776) Image search: [Google]
1450557673497.png
733 KB, 1320x1776
>>63841202
That would be fucking based if they did that. The twist to end all twists.
>>
>>63841291
>that shyamalan
where are my fucking sides
>>
>>63841289
no, she isn't
>>
>>63840859
Exactly, but the will of the Force will bring her to Luke when the time is right and when her awakening begins.

Let's not write off Kylo Ren either. He was wounded and he's still Vader's grandson. He's massively powerful but I do believe Ren might be the most Force sensitive character the series has ever seen thus far.

I have another theory that the Sith and Jedi were actually alien races that passed their teachings. Ren could be royalty, the last of the true Jedi. And the Supreme One, the last Sith ruler...

>>63840922
Oh but they must tie it in because it's canon. The "prophecy" is one of the stupidest fucking moments in Star Wars history because they don't explain who wrote it, how long ago, or anything. Doing it justice and actually explaining it might make the prequels that much more slightly respectable in terms of the big picture.

Episodes 1-3: Qui-Gon (who knew more about the Force then anyone) states: "There is no luck. Only the will of the Force." So when they randomly come across a kid who bears a striking resemblance to a Jedi prophecy, they take him in and he fucks shit up (technically does bring balance to the Force though: 2 Sith, 2 Jedi)
Episodes 4-6: Luke cleans up the mess the Jedis and Sheev started.
Episodes 7-9: the actual prophecy unfolds
>>
>>63835672
I like how you have to come up with bullshit explanations for her character to be even remotely interesting or good.

Keep up lads.
>>
>>63840338
Do you think that Luke actually trained Leia, or do you think she was too afraid of the dark side because of their father? Luke did say "in time you will learn to use it as I have," and he flipped out when Darth Vader said he'd turn her to the dark side.
>>
We later find out that Luke did some force shit so that when she touched the light saber she would get some of his powers. Luke will be significantly weaker in Ep 8. And Rei gets even more Mary Sueish.
>>
>>63841510
I don't think she was interested in a jedi life, or its teaching. But she had the same potential as Luke, and the force still is strong in her as we can see when she reacts the moment Han died.
>>
>>63835672
The thing that bothered me about the flash back is that it shows Rey being left on the planet when she is like 10 years old.

So if the attack on the temple happened during this time that would mean Kylo did it when he was in his young teens? How was there enough time for him to

be trained by Luke
Meet Snoke
Join the First Order
Get more training from Snoke
Attack the Temple

This all had to happen in a year when he was what? 16-8 and Rey was 10-12? If Rey was 10-12 she would remember Luke as her Father and the Temple.

Makes no sense at all.
>>
>>63840601
I think Rey will spend most of the next movie training with Luke, while Finn takes part in the Resistance plot. Maybe he will stumble upon a black love interest and all will be good.
>>
>>63841510
She got Prego right after the Death Star blew up. Hard to go into Jedi Training when you have a kid I guess.
>>
>>63841620
She is a Mary Sue.

It doesn't have to make any sense.
>>
>>63841620

It's actually pretty simple. Ben was turning to the dark side {before} being sent to Luke. That means he may had contact with Snoke by then.
>>
>>63839770
women are stupid and cry at everything
>>
>>63839996
"Darth Plaugueis could influence the midichlorians to create life. In other words, he banged your mom with his 8 foot giant cock."
>>
File: It's like Poetry.png (2 MB, 1918x1063) Image search: [Google]
It's like Poetry.png
2 MB, 1918x1063
>Memory wiped
>Can understand every language with ease and general stu character
>Will probably turn to the dark side next episode while Ren goes light
>She puts on his mask
>"Rey... van?!"
>>
>>63839163
Luke could understand R2 because he was reading a screen with the translation in his x-wing. Anytime he is not in his ship, he needs C-flamboyantPO to translate
>>
>>63840776
WELL FROM MY POINT OF VIEW THEY WERE EVIL
>>
>>63840771
garbage the post
>>
>>63837903
Bespin?
>>
Actually a solid theory OP, good job.

I was thinking that she might have been Luke's daughter and just dumped on Jakku once Ren goes full on dark side for her own protection, but this works equally well.
>>
File: image.jpg (86 KB, 720x617) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86 KB, 720x617
Fuck this lame movie
>>
Anyone else think that after the temple Luke fucked up the Knights of Ren killing all of them but Ben then Fucked up Snoke but couldn't finish him off so he went into hiding.

Snoke sounds legit scared of Luke and is rushing to finish Kylo's training. Not because he thinks Kylo can beat him but because he knows Luke is emotionally attached and wants to save him. Hence why Kylo is still alive.

I hope they do a flash back to show it all. I can imagine Luke going super saiyan after he hid Rey.
>>
>>63838226
They showed her being abandoned on Ta-I mean, Jakku when she was a little girl, probably not older than 5. Did Luke give her pilot training as a little girl?
>>
The best spoiler is the teaser. Luke says "The Force is strong in my family. My father had it, my sister has it. You have that power too". Rey Skywalker confirmed.
>>
>>63841929
"Wake up, Anakin. Did I ever tell you the tragedy of Darth Plagueis the 20 foot hologram supreme leader? I killed him in his sleep. And he was a good friend."
>>
File: BtqcHpB.jpg (923 KB, 3152x1502) Image search: [Google]
BtqcHpB.jpg
923 KB, 3152x1502
>>63842232
This. They obviously cut all of Lukes dialog in the film really late into editing and are filming mulitple films at the same time.

Why is Mark even at the table read for 30 seconds and no dialog?

Why is Andy Serkis (Snoke) shown in all the motion capture gear with a staff in the desert?
>>
>>63840161
This tbqh
>>
>>63838196
Luke was just jacking off one day and the force turned the jizz stain into a baby
>>
>>63841949

>Ren turns to light
>Rey goes sith

This is the best thing that could happen to this trilogy.
>>
Wanna start reading some EU shit. WHere should I start guys
>>
>>63841972
Nope. The whole scene on dagobah says you are wrong
>>
>>63842589
I agree. It would be a nice twist.
>>
>>63842733

start with the Thrawn saga i guess
>>
>>63842508
>Why is Andy Serkis (Snoke) shown in all the motion capture gear with a staff in the desert?
I haven't seen this.
>>
>>63842589
If feminism dies during the next couple of years i could see thath happening.

Otherwise Rey Sue will become the biggest and baddest jedi in the galaxy and you will like it :^)
>>
>>63842841
>I need a male protag for my life to continue :(
>>
>>63842733
Doesn't matter, none of it is canon anymore.

But thrawn trilogy is a good start. They're pretty good books. There's some good clone wars books as well.
>>
>>63842508
That looks so comfy.
>>
If han and leia are like 65 years old, Kylo could have 40 or 45 with a daughter of 18 or 20 years old.
Rey is Kylo daughter.
>>
>>63842589
YES
E
S
>>
>>63842508

>daisy positioning herself next to han and jar jar abrams

>purposefully cucking boyega

haha, she wants the powerful white cock while simultaneously saying "come get me if you want it"

anyone else notice when women do this?
>>
File: Shadowsnovel.jpg (407 KB, 910x1500) Image search: [Google]
Shadowsnovel.jpg
407 KB, 910x1500
>>63842733
If you're going to read anything then read the Thrawn Trilogy. Before TFA, it basically was the sequel trilogy. Shadows of the Empire is a good read too, although to truly appreciate it you had to be a around during the multimedia blitz that it was part of, which included action figures, a soundtrack CD, and especially the video game. It filled in the gap between ESB and ROTJ, had a badass new hero and a badass new villain, and overall it played out just like a Star Wars movie would.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igVoOaKd3ps
>>
>>63843211
Kylo's oldest possible age is 32, since it's set 32 years after Endor

Tbh Han could have knocked up Leia that night
>>
>>63837834
Clone Wars (which is canon) says otherwise.
>>
>>63842997
Im so hot for you rn
>>
She's Starkiller's daughter, that's why she can control the force without effort.
>>
>>63842997
not the same anon, but what I need is feasible, realistic and likeable character regardless of their sex

even Anakin with all his "chosen one" thing was badly beaten and had many flaws which make him humane, there's Literally nothing besides her pussy that makes me like her
>>
>>63837495
She could also be a force-Jesus conception like Anakin was. I wouldn't be surprised if JJ wrote Luke Skywalker to literally be cucked by the Force itself.
>>
It's heavily implied that Rey and Kylo are rougly the same age. Also the "flashback sequence" I think is more like a nightmare sequence. The timeline just doesn't add up if those scenes are all flashbacks. The island and oceans part is more like an unwilling premonition due to her powers awakening.
>>
>>63841949
Tbh I could see it being a Revan type twist.

I bet she was the one who was top of the class and instigated the betrayal and destroyed Luke's new order originally. Except Luke managed to capture and brainwash her etc. Kylo just stole her identity and the credit.
>>
>>63841291
fucking top cooked
>>
>>63843849
No, they are not.
>>
>>63837474
What from Episode V? It's been ages since I saw it.
>>
>>63839097
Doesn't she also say as much about the mind trick? Amnesia confirmed.
>>
She is Lukes daughter. She didn't lose her memory she was just waiting for his return. She didn't know he was a jedi because she was only young. He was probably communicating with her using the force and thats why she could figure a lot of things out easily
>>
>>63842508
they filmed more shit on the mountaintop that they have in the can for the next film.
>>
File: Rey Marek.png (1 MB, 1088x716) Image search: [Google]
Rey Marek.png
1 MB, 1088x716
>>63843658
>tfw Juno drops her on trash planet after Starkiller was killed by Snoke
>>
>>63841620
Mind wipe
>>
>>63844297
Starkiller was the ultimate Gary Stu of the Star Wars universe before he was retconned out. The entire backstory of the OT boiled down to "Starkiller did it."
>>
When Ren found out Finn had escaped from Jakku with a girl, I thought it seemed like he knew something about her from the off.
>>
Listen bruhs, every scene when she touches the light saber are all Lukes memories, even the leaving her on Jakku parts. Everything makes sense if she had prior training, shes a great pilot, great tech, and strong as fuck with the force......just like her father and grandfather. Luke is almost brought to tears at the end when he sees her,specially when he sees the light saber. He fucking exiled her to Jakku where Han solo couldn't even find the Millennium Falcon that he coulda been looking for a decade plus for. If Luke was able to put a mental block on her memories of him and the force/training to protect her it all makes sense. Also they made it a point that gun was one shoting people in full armor left and right, Kylo's body was able to survive that(does he have armor on the robes?) and still fight, which is pretty ridiculous in itself, its like she was fighting a child and still almost lost.
>>
>>63844541
She's yoda and Chewbacca daughter, yoda erased his memory from the death.
>>
>>63837843
I thought she was hearing herself screaming when she was abandoned. Pretty sure the voice was saying "no, come back"
>>
File: Luke-Skywalker_dd9c9f9b.jpg (68 KB, 768x432) Image search: [Google]
Luke-Skywalker_dd9c9f9b.jpg
68 KB, 768x432
Did none of you notice the small doll of an X-Wing pilot she had in her AT-AT camp?

That implies that whoever left her on Jakku was an X-Wing pilot, the most famous of whom was Luke, who always worse the orange and white jumpsuit while travelling.

Or maybe she's Poe's little sister and he dropped her off on Jakku to be guarded by Max Von Sydow until it was safe to give her the map and go back to Luke.
>>
>>63844703
Finn asked Poe for help saving Rey, though. I'm sure he would have mentioned being her brother if that were the case.
>>
Starkiller should have a cameo
>>
>>63838524
am asian, loved boyega
>>
Indeed the memories she sees are of Luke's,it wouldn't make any sense for her to go onto hiding from kylo attacking because they are around the same age.

No way she is releated to Han and leia,I can speculate all day but seeing as Ben solo has daddy issues I want to say he was sent by leia to Luke not only train in the force but to have some sort male figure in his life. Then Rey comes along to train and Luke completely awestruck by her incredible ability at such a young age. This in turn sends Ben solo into rage mode/dark side because of his jealousy of her getting more attention now.
>>
>>63835672
>touching Anakin's lightsaber
L-lewd.
>>
File: 1450557673497.png (817 KB, 1372x1564) Image search: [Google]
1450557673497.png
817 KB, 1372x1564
>>63838196
>>
>>63839887
this guy gets it.
>>
>>63837834
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mara_Jade_Skywalker

>inb4 MUH NON-CANON
>>
>>63840479
lol, this guy totally gets it.
>>
File: 1433434743644.jpg (53 KB, 392x411) Image search: [Google]
1433434743644.jpg
53 KB, 392x411
>>63841949
>implying normieshits have any idea who Revan
>implying JJ has any idea who Revan is
>implying that twist would be remotely profitable

JJ is an SJW cuck with no artistic integrity and doesn't care about the series.
>>
>>63842773
When he is not in his x-wing, he talks to R2 like one talks to his pet dog. You can understand basic ideas (I'm hungry, I'm grumpy, I'm happy, I'm glad you are home, I'm worried) when your dog makes sounds, and to an idiot it may appear to be a conversation, but anyone else knows better.
>>
>>63835672
So what? She was a 5 year old padawan who had a 15 year or so break from training with the force and then she's able to remember everything and with her infant Jedi skills she's able to defeat a guy who's spent most of his life training in the Jedi arts.

What a crock of Sue.
>>
>>63837834
>Jedi's aren't supposed to be in love.

The order has been gone for decades and Luke is the only Jedi. Even if he had come across that in his searches and training I'm sure he could have just erased that law when he found some prime pussy and no one would ever know.

>Jedi Dicks matter too
>>
>>63844151
She thought Luke Skywalker was a myth.
>>
Predictions:

Kylo was weak because Snoke was intentionally holding him back until the thing that Snoke believed to be the main threat to his hold over Kylo (Han) was dealt with. That's why Kylo is off to 'finish his training' at the end of the movie.

I think both he and Rey are the only two that can contest Snoke's power, which is why he will intentionally keep Kylo/Ben from under performing compared to his potential. I think him trying to either tempt Rey to serve under him or be destroyed will be a plot point later.

Rey is Luke's daughter. She was left on Jakku when Kylo went and killed the rest of the trainees for her protection, and probably had her memory wiped or was too young to remember anything. This explains her having some ability with the force/lightsabers. That or she was given up by Luke to hide the fact that he had a daughter and her adoptive family abandoned her for whatever reason, perhaps to protect her for the reason above. I think the whole lightsaber speaking to her scene supports her being his daughter too.

Also I think Kylo will redeem himself at somepoint and will take down Snoke with Rey.
>>
>>63838196
The mom is some random tavern sloot
>>
>>63846071

I think Kylo was weak because Chewie blasted him in the fucking stomach
>>
>>63845282
I like this. But why doesn't Ren obliterate her the moment he sees her? (If it's because she's aged, he still sees into her mind and should be able to put two and two together)
>>
>>63844489
That's what I first thoguht, too, but them I realized later that Ren was just some Edgelord virgin loser who spilled his spaghetti at the thought of a girl.

>You need a teacher! I can show you the ways of the Force! Pls respond.
>>
My question is:
-why did a map to Luke even exist?
-why was it in pieces in two different droids?
-why did R2 suddenly re-activate after the battle?

Any thoughts?
>>
>>63846136
well that too

I'm just saying he's nowhere near Jedi-level abilities yet.
>>
>>63846145
Because he wants to find luke,if he can't find bb8 then the next best chance Is her and if he offs her he may never have that chance again
>>
>>63846212
1: to fulfill the propecy
2: for rey to prove her worth
3: r2 is the force and he was awakened
>>
>>63846136
Yeah, he hit the wound twice during the snow fight, like that was supposed to help.
>>
>>63846316
>3: r2 is the force and he was awakened
You know, in light of all the bullshit he pulls off throughout the series, this makes a lot of sense.
>>
>>63846212
So Rey could find him

So someone couldn't find him just by hacking into R2

R2 reactivated when Rey was near him, she wasn't near him when they showed him before.
>>
She is no one's daughter.

In fact, she was created by Vader's expelled force upon Vader's death

Luke Skywalker and Han Solo are the only ones who know

When Kylo Ren attacked the Younglings, Han Solo sold her on Jakku

Luke Skywalker was very upset by this

When the First Order was on Jakku, and after he met Rey, he offered her to be his co-pilot. He really felt guilty and was trying to get her as far away from the First Order as possible
>>
>>63846425
oh shit son
>>
>>63846425

i think you got it.
>>
>>63846358
Someone else said earlier it's a thing marines do to keep adrenaline flowing.
>>
People are getting the Luke's Lightsaber "vision" timeline wrong.

Rey and Kylo look around the same age, if anything there is probably a max of 5 years between them.

The massacre vision showed Kylo as at least a teenager or young adult, which means that Rey was around the same age as well.

People are getting misled thinking the massacre happened and then toddler Rey was left on Jakku afterwards.

If anything, this >>63840249 is a more logical assumption.
>>
It's quite obvious Han and Leia know her. They always skipped the bits where they actually discuss her, yet clearly indicated they did talk about her, i.e. when she was kidnapped.

Though I wasn't sure what to read from Hans teaction when she told him her name.
>>
>>63846659
Huh that makes a bit sense.
>>
>>63846071
Pretty much what I'm betting on to. We don't really have any reason for Kylo's turn other than he's a giant Vader fanboy and just wants to be as cool as granddad was.
It's transparently clear he'll flip sides again eventually. Probably in a noble saccrifice or when he finds out he's being cuck'd by another secret apprentice. Who may or may not eventually turn out to be Rey.

>>63846136
He was pretty strong with the force it seemed and his saber fighting was decent; but there's still no reason he would have lost to someone who had literally just gotten force powers that afternoon and hadn't even held a lightsaber or fought with one until that moment. Then I remember Luke so I give it a pass.

Also he even got his hand cut off, furthering the Skywalker rite of passage.
>>
>>63846775
>>63840249
>implying JJ would dare make a women or a POC a villain after that speech he gave
>>
File: wzco.jpg (299 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
wzco.jpg
299 KB, 1280x720
>>63838021
I certainly don't hear anybody bitching about how fucking retarded this exact same shit was in the fucking Thrawn trilogy, where they found his sabre AND his hand, and used it to clone Luuke fuucking Skywalker.
Somebody picking that damn thing from the trash isn't a stretch at all.
>>
>>63847164
>Luuke fuucking Skywalker
>KRIEG DER STERNE
>>
>>63843354
Lol wut, All I noticed was Harrison's sweaty armpit.
>>
>One of the Knights of Ren in the "Massacre" bit we see in the trailer wields a staff.
>Han reacts strangely to her name when he hears it.
>She clearly has some power in the force.
>>
>>63845963
Try fighting after slaying your father and then taking a boltcaster shot to the hip. Luke should've been rekt by Vader in Episode 5 but no one questions that shit.
>>
>>63840249
Why didn't Kylo recognise her then?
>>
>>63841245
i'm sure they were kidding
>>
>>63847213
that's his name, Luuke fuucking Skywalker, cause he's a fuucking cloone
>>
>Go into movie
>Hyped to see Luke
>Plot happens
>Ok they'll have it all and go pull him out to take on the totally not death star any time now
>He's only in what feels like a post credits scene after the actual ending happens
>Not even a single line
It hurts even more knowing he's going to eat shit and die come next movie.
>>
>>63847868
Or all that time he's trained and meditated with yoda, anakin, obi wan and qui gon and comes out like some kind of sage
>>
>>63841492
.....There is going to be an explanation for her character in the following movies, OP is just stating his predictions. So what is your actual point, that you think she's a bad character? Cool, that's irrelevant.
>>
>>63837495
They've been open about how this is the continuation of the Skywalker tale. Kylo Ben isn't a Skywalker. Meaning it's Rey.
>>
>Rey... I am your father
>I know
>>
>>63847786

Kylo knew Luke mindwiped her and didn't want her to realize how powerful she was and kept up the act, or he was mindwiped too by Luke
>>
>>63838196
>they actually state that it was possibly that Anakin was conceived by midichlorians
Why the fuck did Darth Vader need to become a Christ figure?
>>
>>63847339
>One of the Knights of Ren in the "Massacre" bit we see in the trailer wields a staff.
>Han reacts strangely to her name when he hears it.

>Here we have this extremely powerful evil person. Let's wipe her memories and stow her away. But let's keep on calling her by the name she used before, when she was a big bad.
>>
>>63848068
He didn't want her to know how powerful she was, but wanted to fight her while buttblasted from Chewie?
>>
>>63847942
It's clear he's going to be a sage; but I'm fully expecting him to die similarly to how Obi died, although it feels like they already half played that card with Han.

The more I think about it though, the more likely I feel that they'll kill off Luke. Gotta make way for the new generation and all that.
>>
>>63841460
But Vader killed the Last Sith and with his own death brought balance to the force as Luke was not a jedi only trained by them
>>
>2nd episode
>edgy but good vegeta type strong in the force shows up
>immediately love interest of Rey
>in ep 3 he turns to the dark side
>epic duel between lovers at the end
>later she becomes aware of her pregnancy

That's how it should be. It's like tragic poetry, it rhymes.
>>
I was really hyped to see Supreme Leader thinking we might get a giant sith lord.
Then it turned out to be a hologram and I was a little disappointed.

>>63848183
Well shit. Time to circle back and rewatch the classics.
>>
>>63846071
Snoke is tarkin. Kylo has had no real training past the stuff with Luke and is just retard strengthing his dark side powers.
>>
>>63840513
J U S T C U C K
>>
>>63846071
>I think him trying to either tempt Rey to serve under him or be destroyed will be a plot point later.
It was literally a plot point in this one so that's hardly a prediction.
>>
>>63848501
I mean in a less half-assed sense, more drawn out
>>
What if Luke turned Anakin's lightsaber into a holocron of sorts?

I am drunk
>>
>>63846296
I agreed with a lot of your points, but he force-froze a blaster shot in mid air. I think he's beyond jedi level abilities, but as has been shown even the most powerful force users are vulnerable.
>>
>>63844297
Starkiller isnt canon anymore
>>
>>63848096
>prequels
>canon
>>
>>63839097
she was literally 5 or 6 years old when left on jakku, explain how the fuck a 6 yo can do all that stuff
>>
>>63848183
Yoda told him as soon as he confronted Vader he'd be a jedi
>>
>>63841289
>Daisy Ridley
She's 23 you tard.
>>
>>63848030
Kylo is Leia's kid and gets his force powers from her, thus a Skywalker.
>>
>>63846801
There was a bigger reaction from him when she said she didn't think there was so much green anywhere in the galaxy when they got to that planet. He looked incredibly guilty and forlorn.
>>
>>63849050
Remember that the Skywalkers are a unique case. Anakin's father is literally the force, Luke managed to become a jedi in his late 20s/early 30s and was able to shoot an impossible force guided blast to destroy the death star like the day after he learnt about the force. He was able to hold his own in a fight with Darth Vader in Empire, yeah he lost eventually but he put up a good fight. And we've seen a taste of how powerful Kylo is, I think it's safe to say that Skywalkers are freaks of nature in terms of force ability.
>>
Am I the only one who found this movie to be painfully mediocre?
>>
>>63849391
also note that Kylo was clearly emotionally distressed after killing his dad, he let his guard down and was able to be shot by Chewie, and because of that he was physically and emotionally impaired.
>>
Its obvious she's Lukes kid and was left on the desert planet for her safety like Luke was. Have you noticed how everything is identical to A New Hope?
>>
>>63837596
No shit thats why they are waiting for the end of part 2 to be I am your father or maybe beginning to make it barely different.
>>
>>63849492
yes you fucc boi
>>
>>63849492

Yes, go back to reddit and IMDb with the other sados who revere the OT as sacred.
>>
>>63849391
Vader was toying with Luke in ESB. He even fights holding his weapon with one hand.
>>
>>63849579
>>63849610

C U C K S
U
C
K
S
>>
>>63841727
Man, for being so adamantly anti race mixing, /tv/ sure is obsessed with what one black man does with his dick
>>
>>63841949
>implying JJ after his rant would dare place a female or a poc or any other sjw protected group as a villain
>>
>>63847783
Luke was rekt by Vader in V. Vader just didn't want to kill him. This is stated in Jedi.
>>
File: Daisy-Ridley.jpg (22 KB, 615x409) Image search: [Google]
Daisy-Ridley.jpg
22 KB, 615x409
My guess:

Everyone thinks she's Luke's daugther, but the big surprise will come from the fact that she isn't related to the Skywalker family at all.

Either she's some random orphan/nonrelated girl from the jedi academy who just happens to be exceptionally powerful with the force, or Snoke's/Sheev's new force/midmidichlorians pet project.

Either way, she was always extremely force-powerful from the start, which is why she was sent to Jakku with her memory wiped in the first place. Both the light side and the dark sides of the force sensed tremendous power within her and wanted to use it to her own advantage. So someone sent her to Jakku for safe keeping, or to prevent her from being found.

On the other hand, I have a hunch that she'll end up being the most powerful jedi ever, and the twist is that she's deeply in-tuned to the dark side of the force since birth. She might've accidentally taken part in the massacre at Luke's academy, with Kylo claiming he did it to take credit among the knights of Ren, as well as to cover for Rey from certain death or persecution. Either Luke, Han or Kylo was responsible for selling her off on Jakku, most importantly for her own safety. Luke for obvious reasons, Han because his ship was found/left at the same Jakku outpost, and Kylo because he reacted very strongly when the order informed him that the second suspect accompanying the droid was a girl.

I also suspect that there might be a Vader-luke relationship going on between Kylo and Rey. Kylo has some awareness that he's been used by Snoke, and will likely be replaced when Snoke tries to take her in by forcing a life-and-death duel between the two. This is why he asks her if she would like to join the dark side as a padawan during their big climatic fight
>>
>>63848156
Nah anon, Han Solo was the Obi-Wan death.
>>
>>63848780
this
>>
>>63848156
My bet is that they're slowly going to kill off all of the original main cast, with the exception of CP0 and R2. The droids get a pass because Lucas intended them to be the story tellers who pass on these tales for hundreds of years.
>>
File: red-tie.png (46 KB, 344x517) Image search: [Google]
red-tie.png
46 KB, 344x517
>>63850110
Flaws
>Either she's some random orphan/nonrelated girl
that's not interesting enough to be building up as a trilogy long mystery like they're obviously doing
its going to be something juicy or obvious, but not boring like being a random orphan

>Snoke's/Sheev's new force/midmidichlorians pet project
snoke seemed surprised that the girl had jedit powers so I doubt this is true

>She might've accidentally taken part in the massacre at Luke's academy, with Kylo claiming he did it to take credit among the knights of Ren, as well as to cover for Rey from certain death or persecution
this makes zero sense with Kylo's character. he's legit on the dark side

>Either Luke, Han or Kylo was responsible for selling her off on Jakku
It HAS to be luke. If it was Han, he would know and he clearly didn't since he had no idea who she was at first despite him knowing that he picked her up from Jakku. and it's not kylo because he thought she was a normal person at first. It's 100% Luke's fault that she's there, we just don't know why

>Han because his ship was found/left at the same Jakku outpost
this was answered in the movie. Rey explained how the falcon ended up on Jakku. it was traded to others through time

>Kylo because he reacted very strongly when the order informed him that the second suspect accompanying the droid was a girl
he was just insulted that a girl outwitted his men/plan. Like I said before, he saw her in person and thought she was a regular human until that had that force mind battle or whatever
>>
File: hidden frog.png (139 KB, 480x161) Image search: [Google]
hidden frog.png
139 KB, 480x161
>>63850110
>mfw she actually instigated the massacre and killed all the other younglings herself and is the most evil character in the universe and Snoke actually works for her
>>
>>63838053
In real life if you're Han Solo, you automatically reply, "just fucking tell me, it might be important and I could easily never see you again"
>>
>>63849138
in terms of balance of the force that means nothing, it was a message from yoda to luke that he would fully embrace what it means to be a jedi when he confronted his father. the end of the old jedi order and the death of the sith is the balance.
>>
>>63850498
The next movie is the "Empire Strikes Back", killing Luke is how to make it a defeat without fucking their shiny new characters. Plus it lets them do "I am your father" *dies* "NOOOOOOO" at the climax of 8.
>>
>>63848096

Darth Plagueis created Anakin out of the force
>>
>>63851624
Rey I am your mother.

Leia to Rey cementing that she saw her father killed by her brother. Rey's gonna freak.
>>
>>63841972

Dead. Wrong.
>>
>>63837495
I thought with all the similar shit she was doing with Solo she was obviously his and Leila's daughter. Twins seem to be a common thing in the Skywalker lineage.
>>
>>63848096
POTTERY
>>
>>63841291
Shyamalan is obviously Anakins Granddad.
>>
>implying Rey isn't Kyle Katarn's and Jan Ors' daughter.
>>
>>63838196
I'm fine with Force birth honestly. It's kinda cool to harken back to at least some interesting shit from the prequels. I think it's silly and petty to block them out altogether. VII needed more lore.

At least it's fleshing out an original idea that never got it's time to shine in The Phantom Menace (Sheev and Plaguis being the ones behind Anakin never did at least) no matter how weird and dumb it might be.
>>
>>63843366
Dub dubs confirm.

My nigga
>>
>>63846436
I think that's not true but interesting. Super dark tho.
>>
>>63837941
That's the gayest thing I've ever read on this board.
>>
>>63835672
That's a good one.
>>
>>63844692
the weird thing is that in the theater I was 100% sure I heard classic Alec Guinness voice utter "Rey!" in the end of that sequence, and I thought that was the huge twist they were saving for the end of the movie, but yeah, I haven't seen anyone else mention this, and I just don't know
>>
>>63849853
>Implying JJ is directing the next movies.

>>63841291
The guy who did Looper is the next director. Lets get JGL in here to cameo as yung sheev.
>>
>tfw none of these cool ideas will be used
>the rest of the trilogy will be generic good gal mary sue saving the universe from DA BAD GUYS
>>
>>63837535
>>63837495
Why didn't he leaver her with Leia, or some adoptive parents? He and Leia both got adoptive parents, and Vader never found them? Why would he leave her to be some scrap yard owner's pseudo-slave? Even if he didn't have time and Leia couldn't take her, Leia could have found some parents for her. Why didn't Han or Leia say anything when they saw her?

That theory doesn't make any sense.

Here are the hints that we have:
>the doll in her home is of a rebel pilot
>she has a rebel pilot helmet and wears it as she watches ships launch
>she says she has never met a resistance fighter
>she understands Chewbacca
>she understands BB-8
>she was not happy about being left
>she spent years telling herself that her "family" would come back

I think the Knights of Ren must be part of her backstory, but I doubt she's anybody's daughter or a former padawan.
>>
>>63858276

She's Kyle Katarn's kid.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 30

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.