[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why was the best, most interesting character in TFA with the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 12
File: image.jpg (40 KB, 443x332) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40 KB, 443x332
Why was the best, most interesting character in TFA with the most potential for a compelling arc Kylo? That shit with where he slaps his side was genius.
>>
>>63835279
Because the movie was about him?
>>
Because he resembles Revan
>>
>>63835279
>Why was the best, most interesting character in TFA with the most potential for a compelling arc Kylo?

Because the lightside is SHIT
>>
I found all the scenes with him in the highlight of the whole movie. Really glad they didn't kill him off.
>>
File: Adam Lanza.jpg (55 KB, 940x1253) Image search: [Google]
Adam Lanza.jpg
55 KB, 940x1253
>>63835279
Kylo Ren is literally a sperg. He even went on a school massacre.
>>
>>63835781
>Kylo Ren is literally a sperg. He even went on a school massacre.

He killed literally one person in the entire film.
>>
I really hope they don't just retread Darth Vader's redemption arc. Kylo rejected his chance at redemption when he killed Han, I'd rather him double down on his allegiance to the Supreme Leader and become more and more twisted and evil until Luke or Rey put him down. Make him a tragic villain, but don't just rehash Vader.

>>63835794
he murdered all of his Jedi classmates because of his raging inferiority complex
>>
>>63835279
Because he was the only one with flaws.
>>
>>63835865
He's basically the movie version of Jacen Solo. Jacen Solo never got redeemed. The closest thing he ever got to redemption was begging his sister to take care of his child after she delivered the killing wound to him during their final lightsaber battle, if I'm remembering things correctly. He died full of regrets and tried to give his child a better future because he had nothing left, but he himself was never redeemed the way Anakin was.

If Ben Solo is the cinematic equivalent of Jacen Solo, he will probably double down on evil and never truly see the light. He may die in a way that makes you feel bad for him, but his arc is not one of redemption.

The thing that's kind of strange though is that as far as we know, Kylo Ren is the only one of Anakin's grandchildren. In the old EU there was Jacen Solo, his twin sister Jana, Anakin Solo, and Ben Skywalker, who was Luke's son. Out of Anakin Skywalker's 4 grandchildren in the EU only one of them turned bad, however it was still enough to imply that there's a bit of a family curse in the Skywalker line where they are vulnerable to dark side temptation.

The Force Awakens pretty much states outright that all of Anakin's descendants are damned in some way or another, and even Leia seems to have been too afraid of the Dark Side to develop her force abilities, unless she was trained as a Jedi and we simply never got a chance to see her abilities in Episode VII.
>>
>>63835865
Final boss is the Traitor trooper
>>
File: 1450262289430.jpg (77 KB, 960x639) Image search: [Google]
1450262289430.jpg
77 KB, 960x639
>>63836440
>Implying they won'r make Rey Luke's daughter
>>
>>63836752
If Rey is Luke's daughter then they will really be mirroring the EU version of events to a tee, except it will be Jacen / Ben's cousin rather than his sister who does him in. That would make Rei somewhat of a composite character between Jana Solo and Ben Skywalker.
>>
File: Rei_Ayanami_Inside_Eva.png (172 KB, 400x315) Image search: [Google]
Rei_Ayanami_Inside_Eva.png
172 KB, 400x315
>>63837341
>Rei
Oops I was thinking of the wrong sci fi series.
>>
File: 200.gif (1 MB, 357x200) Image search: [Google]
200.gif
1 MB, 357x200
>>63837393
You were thinking of a better series.

This is now an eva thread.
>>
>>63837526
Evangelion is my favorite anime series which is why I hate it.
>>
>>63835279
He's the only character in the entire movie that's not one dimensional. Can't blame JJ though, that's the cancer of the whole series. Only Luke, Han Solo and Lando were somewhat multi-dimensional in the past, and now Luke and Han Solo are pure heroes, and Lando doesn't even appear to exist.
>>
File: sZqOlDw.png (241 KB, 492x353) Image search: [Google]
sZqOlDw.png
241 KB, 492x353
>>63837565
>>
I want a sith that smokes death sticks has a badass beard and uses 2 short almost dagger like black light sabers and talks in a grizzly voice and not like a pansy
>>
>>63837957
Luke's grandson Cade was a death stick druggie. He used death sticks to try and block out the force ghosts of his ancestors, but sometimes they made the visions worse. He went back and forth between the light and dark side.
>>
File: dfskgjdlfkhg.jpg (199 KB, 527x669) Image search: [Google]
dfskgjdlfkhg.jpg
199 KB, 527x669
>>63837526
>posting anything eva that isn't first season or EoE

Why you gotta hurt me so?
>>
>>63838111
I just want to say I appreciate you guys spreading EU lore on /tv/, all of it sounds like insane bullshit and I can never tell if you pulled it out your ass, but it's entertaining
>>
>>63838363
You have a beautiful post number. True wabe-sabe.
>>
>>63838363
Rebuild a shit. The old series got sucky near the end but at least it had an excuse. Anno had a decade and a shitton of meds to sort out his mental problems and he still pulled a George Lucas with Rebuild.
>>
File: QRnkXlc.jpg (285 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
QRnkXlc.jpg
285 KB, 1920x1080
>>63838430
>>
File: 5FWYVUX.png (118 KB, 662x293) Image search: [Google]
5FWYVUX.png
118 KB, 662x293
>>63838905
The rebuilds are really uneven. There's some absolute genius in it, both in normal terms and directly relating to all the it's-secretly-a-sequel stuff but there's also retarded shit like Asuka's beastmode.
>>
File: 1367359308290.gif (549 KB, 500x275) Image search: [Google]
1367359308290.gif
549 KB, 500x275
>>63838973
>>63838973
Fuck, meant to link to >>63838797
>>
>>63838973
The thing about Eva is that the more I tried to plug into the community and tried understand all the 2deep4me shit, the less I enjoyed the show. It was when I finally accepted that it was just a flawed show where the creator flew off the handle near the end that I was able to start liking it again. It's a much more enjoyable show if you can accept it under than premise, rather than be like the people who try to fool themselves into thinking that the worst part of the show is why it's good, and we're all too dumb and plebeian to understand it's genius.
>>
>>63835279

I hate him in this movie but I'm hyped for what could happen with his character in the next two.
>>
I like Kylo because he is different from other Star Wars villains. He is an unstable sith padawan who is conflicted and short tempered. He is basically how Anakin should have been in the prequels.

He will get stronger so now we have this cool dynamic where the villain and the hero are at the same level and will get stronger as the series goes on, making the final confrontation more hype to see who realizes their true potential first.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.