[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>can't understand politics >too much trade routes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6
File: 115.jpg (40 KB, 800x469) Image search: [Google]
115.jpg
40 KB, 800x469
>can't understand politics
>too much trade routes and difficult terms I don't understand
>too slow

post ridiculous prequels criticisms.
>>
>>63834543
as a kid the prequels made me fall asleep with all the politics bullshit
>>
how would you defend Jar Jar Binks?
>>
>jarjar binks
It's a movie for kids

>muh midichlorines
Who cares?

>describe the prequel characters without using their jobs
The prequel characters had as much personality as anyone in the originals

Plinkett shills are literally cancer
>>
>>63834712
Justice4JarJar
>>
>>63834712
Jar Jar is the key to all of this.
>>
>jar jar for kids
>politics for grown ups

he thought of everything
>>
>>63834543
I actually liked all the political drama in the prequels, but emphasizing it over action and adventure has no place in Star Wars. Go watch Star Trek which is meant for and does politics way better.
>>
>>63834543

Its less about people not giving a shot and more about it not feeling like a star wars movie.

>bad guys
>good guys
>good guys stop bad guys

all the political shit could have been put in a book or mentioned in the background.

>>63834742

>It's a movie for kids

So were the originals. its no excuse for such a shitty character.
>>
>>63834543
>make kids movie
>make the plot revolve around tariff disputes

what the fuck was George thinking?
>>
>movie for kids
>Anne kills younglings like it's nothing

ye sure
>>
>>63834815
You implying there's not enough action in prequels or something? The tamest of prequels The Phantom Menace has way more memorable action than TFA.
>>
IMAGINE

JUST IMAGINE

A FILM WITH POLITICS, GOOD LIGHTSABER FIGHTING, AND NO CRINGE-WORTHY DIALOGUE / CHARACTERS

IMAGINE A CONGLOMERATION OF THE PREQEULS / OT

THAT, ANONS, IT WHAT EPISODE VII SHOULD'VE BEEN
>>
>>63834926
preach, anon
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (17 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
17 KB, 480x360
WAR!
>>
>>63834973
>There are heroes on both sides

What did they mean by this?
>>
>>63834998

Watch the clone wars and get back to me faggot
>>
>>63834742
>The prequel characters had as much personality as anyone in the originals
Just Anakin, Sidious, and Obi-Wan. OT had Han, Luke, Leia, Obi-Wan, Yoda, Vader, Sidious, and Lando
>>
>>63834712
It's there to show the greatest danger every democracy has to face: having stupid incompetent people in places they shouldn't be.
>>
>>63834973
Manchildren couldn't read episode I crawl, so he wrote episode III crawl for 3 year olds.
>>
>>63834998
Like the Iliad. A pleb like you wouldn't understand.
>>
>>63834790
A true genius
>>
>>63834712

Jar Jar is actually okay in the first part of the TPM on Naboo because he acts as a good foil to the more serious Jedi.

And he really is not annoying in the slightest in AOTC because by that time he's supposed to have matured a bit and he doesn't take up that much screen time (even if they reverted him somewhat in The Clone Wars cartoon, but that's besides the point)

>>63834769

Actually, Jar Jar IS the fucking key to all this shit. Jar Jar is the one who took it upon himself to propose an amendment to give Sheev emergency executive powers to conscript an army with democratic approval from the Senate.

Jar Jar started the ball that eventually rolled downhill to become the foundation of the Empire.

Lucas had even planned to put a deleted scene in ROTS where Jar Jar would be one of the many senators and representatives marching in support of the new empire.
>>
>>63834742

>muh midichlorines
>Who cares?

The fans? The canon? The magic of that universe?
>>
>>63834924
Not necessarily action, but adventure. You know, the characters out doing stuff in dangerous situations. In the prequels, it's really just opening action sequence, people talking, talking, more talking, action scene, talking talking, climatic war scene, the end.
>>
File: il_340x270.613431399_snng.jpg (54 KB, 340x270) Image search: [Google]
il_340x270.613431399_snng.jpg
54 KB, 340x270
>>63835030

>took him 2 episodes

The Phantom one was dumb af
>>
File: 1438105130661.jpg (11 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1438105130661.jpg
11 KB, 250x250
>>63834543
>aristocratic storytelling
>complex politics
>kids humor, slapstick
>dark vs light
>the fallibility of teaching
>esoteric linguiste
>the weakness of man
>technocratic vs organic life force universe
>Layers under layers, wrapped inside each other

The prequels are avant garde and Lucas is a genius
>>
>>63834973

HUH!

YEAH!
>>
>>63834860
They have to learn at some point. Would you rather they DIDN'T know about tariffs?
>>
>>63835187
>>63835072
underrated posts
>>
>>63834834

Except all the complaints about how the PT wasn't Star Wars enough led to TFA being a Frankenstein's monster of plot elements from the original trilogy where JJ basically screamed "See! See! This is what you like right? Look! I made the same fucking movie again instead of being original and creating a totally new era and atmosphere! Look stormtroopers! Look a star destroyer! Look a lady Boba Fett!". After seeing TFA (which I did actually enjoy) the one thing that I really appreciate about the prequels is their willingness to actually do something different. They are set in a different era in history, a "more civilized age" as Obi-wan describes it and that's exactly what they feel like. TFA just rehashed the underdog rebels vs big bad empire formula. The prequels brought in all kinds of things we hadn't seen before. New planets, new ships, battle droids, the guys in white armour being on the good team, multiple Jedi, an actual original plot that wasn't copy pasted from the OT. TFA was fun, but considering that it wasn't even made by Lucas it's less Star Wars than the prequels.
>>
>>63834923
>Movie for kids
>You can't legally see it unless you're 12/13
>>
>>63835092

The midichlorians barely upset anything in the established lore at all.

The midichlorians, are not the Force but merely an antennae, a kind of physical manifestation of the more transcendent force. Jedi are able to measure some of the potential of individuals by analyzing the midichlorian count, and some races have more midichlorians than others by nature, but this has never changed the fact that one still needs to train and hone one's skills and talents nor does it change that one can progressively become stronger in the force when they were otherwise thought to possess little potential simply by working hard. Presumably, one's midichlorian count can actually increase as they perfect their talents.

Likewise, the Expanded Universe also touched on the idea that some people or races possess almost permanent blocks that prevent them from manifesting the force sensitivity that is needed to become Jedi.

Only autists who thought that The Force was just simple telepathy/psychokinesis and that they could become Jedi get asspained about this kind of shit.
>>
File: euro-trip-2010-236.jpg (2 MB, 2816x2112) Image search: [Google]
euro-trip-2010-236.jpg
2 MB, 2816x2112
>>63835099
I don't think you understand what adventure means. Have you seen Lawrence of Arabia? It's really slow, but a real adventure. It takes time to show all the pretty locations and interacts with it to make it feel real.

Similarly the prequels have plenty of beautiful new worlds and take their time to interact with them, show their inhabitants and culture, etc

In TFA there was Jakku which is Tattoine clone and some dumb forest planets with no name that's serve as a background for action.
>>
>>63834860

Tbh it's just Episode 1 that does that, and they balance it out with a decent amount of fun shit like the underwater scene and the pod racing.
>>
>>63835307

Everything that you believe in is wrong
>>
>>63835099

That formula you listed is in the OT too. Tbh a lot of complaints about the PT are there in the OT, the difference is that people where children when they saw the originals, and when the prequels came out and they saw how silly Star Wars is they think it was just the prequels that were like that. Honestly I think ANH is overrated as fuck. It feels like a generic Flash Gorden-esque 70s sci fi cheesefest to me, with a few original elements. I mean it's still a lot of fun and I enjoy it, but honestly ROTS despite its flaws is more interesting, dramatic, has better action and imo is way better.
>>
>>63835382

Then explain how things like Force ghosts and becoming one with the Force still exist in a universe where the Force is supposedly just these cells in your blood.

Also, midichlorian count doesn't mean shit without training, that much is certain, because Obi-Wan beat the shit out of the "Chosen One" whose midichlorian count was "higher than Yoda's"
>>
>>63835255
damn...
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.