[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why is literally every reddit user singing praise for TFA while
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: 1450429936685.jpg (41 KB, 493x863) Image search: [Google]
1450429936685.jpg
41 KB, 493x863
why is literally every reddit user singing praise for TFA while pretty much all threads here are panning it?
>>
Because there are multiple threads here
if they made this trash a sticky or quarantine general then you wouldn't see much
>>
>>63834217
Because 4chan as a whole and /v/ and /tv/ especially are nothing if not the biggest most contrarian hipsters in the world.
>>
Because we are intelligent human beings with the capability to objectively criticize a work of fiction.
>>
>>63834326
If you use the word "contrarian," you're literally an idiot. It's an invented concept by idiots with reddit sensibilities who are too fragile to deal with criticism of mediocre media that has widespread appeal.

It's a troubling manifestation of millennials' mental weakness. Seriously, the only people who would even entertain any "argument" involving the concept of being "contrarian" are weak, lazy idiots who can't deal with criticism substantively.

If it bothers you that much that people criticize mediocre mass-marketed work designed to appeal to the lowest common denominator, like Star Wars, Breaking Bad, pop music, etc., you should find a safe bubble and stay there. Or kill yourself.
>>
File: 1449020317540.jpg (54 KB, 481x493) Image search: [Google]
1449020317540.jpg
54 KB, 481x493
>>63834217
there weren't enough memes in it to satisfy our lust
>>
>>63834326
No, reddit is contrarian. /tv/ and /v/ are second-level contrarian.
>>
>>63834217
what mode is this
>>
>>63834217
Panning threads are made by hipster /tv/edditors with the belief that their opinions matter
>>
>Reddit

There's your problem.
>>
File: jarjar.jpg (7 KB, 266x189) Image search: [Google]
jarjar.jpg
7 KB, 266x189
>>63834362
TRAITOR was pretty good, and there's even some baneposting going on, Oy vey I try my best to please you goyim and you still complain!
>>
>>63834326
>>63834413
Interesting
Are you not from this board?
>>
You can pick apart plot points all day long, but the bottom line is the movie succeeds on everything it was trying to do. It was hugely entertaining, it appealed to all the old Star Wars fans (a cheer went up anytime anyone from the original trilogy first appeared on screen), it was emotional, humanistic (I loved that there was a person under the Kylo Ren mask), and had great new characters (Daisy Ridley kicks ass and is perfect for the role). I loved it and enjoyed it for what it was - a perfectly satisfying addition to the first three movies.
>>
>>63834459
hello?
>>
because reddit are a bunch of idiots
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.