[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 44
What went right?
>>
The light saber effects, especially the smoke
>>
Anyone else was bothered that Luke's only spoken line, and the last line of the movie was "Now you're here Rey. Finally, the Force awakens."?
>>
Good casting, likable characters
>>
>>63832605
Yeah that was kind of weird, but I could barely hear it over the sounds of the clapping
>>
>>63832366
The marketing hype machine
>>
File: mcqueen2.jpg (290 KB, 1296x1820) Image search: [Google]
mcqueen2.jpg
290 KB, 1296x1820
Right:
>Most important FELT like a Star Wars movie
>Adventurous
>No trade federations
>VERY likeable Characters
>Cool and grounded action scenes (though not mindblowing)
>Strong female lead
>No CGIfest
>Great acting (Fisher was probably the weakest, like in the original films)
>Funny
Wrong:
>A New Hope..need i say more
>Basically a fully "fan service" movie
>Kylo, we have already done that struggle between Light and Dark side with Skywalk, bring us something new. The theme should still be in the movie, but we don't need the same old evil guy batteling his personal demons
>Kylo..too weak, didn't feel menacing. Kinda like Loki in the first Avengers movie
>No real sense of danger, i liked that they're cracking jokes, but at times it felt like they were smiling and laughing when there's lazer beams flying over their head that can literarly one - shot them
>>
>>63832675
>marketing
this
>>
They proved that nerd culture is no better than the people they give shit for liking trash like transformers and sandler movies
>>
Who is Snoke?
>>
How were Hux and Phasma?
>>
>>63833037
Phasma was very polite, walked around in her cute armor. She was put into the trash by rude Finn.
>>
>>63833037
Hux was cool, Phasma was utter shit who got btfo by Chewie and thrown into a garbage chute by Finn
>>
>>63832366
Adam Driver stole the movie and great casting all around
>>
>>
>>63833371

Just like how Boba got rekt in RotJ, so it makes sense.
>>
>>63833442
I want to marry BB-8!
>>
>>63833442
Yeah, this. Not2D2 was surprisingly likeable.
>>
>>63833450
It was off-screen so she's probably more alive than Boba tho.
>>
Pretty much everything except the music and kylo's inconsistent power level
>>
>>63833037
>Hux
Did they call him by name in the movie? I remember they called him only by title.
>>
>>63832628
I agree. Everyone was panicking about how the blacks were gonna ruin the movie. The only character I didn't really like was Rey.
>>
>>63833037
>>63833179
>>63833371

So did Phasma die or what?
>>
>>63833624
Off-screen. She "died" off-screen.
>>
>>63833574
At the end one of the officer's says something like "General Hux has already left"
>>
>>63833624
They gave her the Stannis treatment.
>>
>>63832688
>Not a CGI fest

Brah
>>
>>63832366
Kylo.
>>
>>63833624
As far as we know yes. I sorta think they'll bullshit her back for the next move cus she never really did anything in this one.
>>
>>63833624

Kathleen Kennedy said shes going to return for 8. She was hardly even in this movie. I don't think she fired her weapon once. Maybe had two scenes with 3 lines of dialogue. Shame really.
>>
>>63833037
>Phasma is strong woman in charge
>Gets harrased by 3 men and killed

It was great
>>
>>63833728
>>63833723
I hope she comes back as a cute cyborg
>>
>Imperial march was used only once
Pleasant surprise
>>
>>63833896
It's like instead of having two antagonistic strong female characters, they sucked out all the badassness from the evil one and transferred it to the good one to the point where she became a Mary Sue
>>
>>63833674
It really was used only when it was necessary and for things that could be done with practical stuff
>>
File: image_0.gif (107 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image_0.gif
107 KB, 300x300
>>63833905
I hope she comes back with this cool shit.
>>
>>63832366
Lightsabers were treated as super special and rare artifacts. When you realize Finn is gonna actually gonna fight Kylo Ren with a lightsaber, it's genuinely exciting.

It was great at showing there's a larger universe out there. Han's bargaining with the pirates was a great example of this, those guys aren't part of the good or bad side, they're just criminals.

I loved seeing the guys from The Raid. But that's just because I love The Raid. Shame they didn't get to do any martial arts.

Some good emotional moments, the Han bridge scene was very tense. Until it's obvious Kylo is gonna kill him it lingered on that for to long, would have been more shocking if it was sudden.

The effects are brilliant, all the fighter battles have great energy.

What I liked best was probably the little touches that made it feel like Star Wars, my favourite was the alien popping his head out of the sand when BB8 rolled by.

Funnily enough, those little bits capture the Star Wars feeling much better than another attack on the Death Star. The latter really kills the dramatic tension because we know how it ends, there wasn't even a cool twist on it.
>>
>>63832688
I agree with most of this, other than the last two.

Kylo was supposed to be weak. The entire point is that he's a fucking noob at being sith, and isn't very good at it, so instead he takes out temper tantrums.

This guy lets a force sensitive woman with no training beat him, and lets a stormtrooper, who likely isn't force sensitive, hold his own.

Compare this to Vader who would have chopped down either at a moment's notice.

Kylo Ren is literally J.J. Abrams. He's trying to be George Lucas (Vader), even though he knows his calling is to make something new and different. He doesn't have the talent of Lucas, so he overcompensates, and tries to mimic him. He reports back to his master (Snoke), who's going to do away with him when his usefulness is done.
>>
>>63834368
>Kylo was supposed to be weak. The entire point is that he's a fucking noob at being sith, and isn't very good at it, so instead he takes out temper tantrums.

that's fucking stupid. He seems to be incredibly powerful and skilled. He loses against mary sue also because he was wounded and wasn't trying to kill her. Your interpretation is stupid
>>
>>63834428
Yeah, but Kylo is also a bitch teen and is heavily conflicted with himself. He's physically strong, but mentally weak.
>>
>>63834428
>He seems to be incredibly powerful and skilled.

He is but he received a blaster from a wookiee shotgun that obliterates stormtroppers.
>>
Kylo Ren did literally nothing wrong.
>>
>>63834428
>wasn't trying to kill her.
So just like in the OT with Vader and Luke. Kylo is a poet.
>>
>>63834653
There's still good in him.
>>
>>63834428
When do we see him as powerful or skilled? The only true skill he displays is at using the force, with the blaster bolt and the torture scenes. We never see him using his lightsaber, other than right after he's been shot. Who knows- he could just be really shitty at lightsaber dueling.
>>
Characters actually taking injuries in the fights.

>Kylo punching his wound
>>
>>63835242
>>Kylo punching his wound
I didn't expect this in a kids movie. Also blood on Finn's helmet.
I know there were blood and charred corpses in ANH but this time the violence seems more accented.
>>
>>63835001
He's gonna switch sides in the third movie. Im 100% sure.
>>
>>63834368
Yeah, his weakness makes sense in-universe, but from a dramatic standpoint it makes the bad guys fall flat. The bad guys have threatening weapons but no threatening characters in my opinion.

You can watch the original with no prior knowledge but the moment Darth Vader steps through that smoke you know he's pure evil. It's a great introduction and Vader has that presence throughout the film. Kylo Ren gets off a ship and has a reasonably good introduction, but from then on it's constantly undercut by him being shown as weak. I found him kind of annoying with his whining and sarcasm, I much prefer a villain who's totally despicable or threatening.

Anyway, this wouldn't be a problem if there was another character to be the threatening presence, but Hux is bland, Snoke also throws tantrums, and I didn't even know Phasma was a named character before looking it up (I think Finn shouts her name once, didn't catch it)

Overall the bad guys are not scary in the slightest. They've got more personality than the prequel villains though.
>>
>>63835489
>He's gonna switch sides in the third movie. Im 100% sure.

It's like pottery
>>
>>63833624
Probably not, they need to sell helmetless phasma action figures.
>>
>>63835529
Yep. Im guessing at the last second he's gonna have a change of heart and turn on his master. Maybe sacrifice himself in the process. Deja vu.
>>
>>63835489
It made sense when Luke refused to kill his father, Kylo already killed his so not likely.
>>
>>63834368
>Kylo Ren is literally J.J. Abrams
The scene with the helmet isn't Kylo talking to Vader, it's Abrams talking to Lucas.
>>
>>63832366
>new characters were really likeable
>a more interesting and torn villain
>extraoridanary great art direction and set design
>solid acting performance from everyone for a Star Wars movie
>very good special effects
>>
>>63832366
Oscar Isaac was a way better Han Solo than Harrison Ford. Best part of the movie for me. Could've used a shout-out to Dipsy, La-La, and Tinky-Winky though.
>>
>>63835489
this. by the third movie most of the remaining Star Wars fanbase will be people who don't even really remember who killed Han Solo in this movie.
>>
>>63832366
BB 8 he is so cute all his sounds are like meows or something
>>
File: 4chan.jpg (76 KB, 759x500) Image search: [Google]
4chan.jpg
76 KB, 759x500
>you now realize the man-child Kylo Ren is the avatar of 4chan
It makes perfect sense. Spoiled, easily controlled by an older man, can't handle women, cucked by a black man and hates his awesome father who is way cooler than he will ever be.
>>
>>63832688
>Right:
>Most important FELT like a Star Wars movie

What movie were you watching?

The biggest compliment I can give this movie is that the character names were pretty good (except for fucking snoke).

Shit Star Wars episode, shit movie.
>>
>>63835653
Im expecting Kylo to melt down a bit over that in the next movie. Just in his quarters, screaming at Darth Vaders helmet
>I MADE THE RIGHT CHOICE, RIGHT!? ITS ALL GONNA BE WORTH IT, RIGHT!?
Considering how long he hesitated before killing him. He didn't seem exited to kill his father.
>>
>>63832647
People clapped when the Star Wars logo came up at the beginning. What is wrong with people? This is in England.
>>
>>63832366
the action
>>
>>63833918
I called it to my friends before we saw it, it would play at the helmet scene and be all echo-y and shit.
>>
>>63834368
>and lets a stormtrooper, who likely isn't force sensitive
I like Fin is force sensitive. During the super death star monument he hears the disturbance in the force from all those assholes dying.
>>
>>63834139
The alien who gave Rey the portions was distractingly CGI, and the voice was shit too. I think it was Simon Pegg.
>>
>>63835820
Were those snowtroopers even in the movie? What about that streetlight?
>>
>>63835242
Why was he doing that?
>>
>>63835742
Poe was more of a Wedge than a Han Solo.

Which reminds me, sucks that Denis Lawson turned down reprising his role as Wedge. Could've shown him as a Resistance Admiral or something. Or the guy who taught Poe everything he knows.
>>
>>63836250
Deleted scene? I just wanted Driver in the Ren outfit minus the mask.
>>
>>63836257
Autism or the pain gave him strength
>>
File: 1447355877166.jpg (505 KB, 1416x1026) Image search: [Google]
1447355877166.jpg
505 KB, 1416x1026
>>63832366
Most of it.

What didn't
>bland soundtrack
>pacing was too fast at times
>too many similar plot points taken from Ep. 4

All of the contrarian bullshit going on in this site makes me laugh. /tv/ really is full of high school kids and college hipsters saying the prequels were better because they want to be edgy.
>>
>that's not how the force works

Probably the funniest line in any star war.
>>
So my understanding is that JJ ruin Star Trek but manage to do Star Wars right?
>>
>>63836077
I thought us Americans clapping was a myth, but motherfuckers applauded every time a reference to the old Star Wars was made. Every. Time. Admiral Ackbar got applause for fucks sake.
>>
>>63836308
True, I guess. He filled the role of hotshot one-liner spewing renegade boy a la Solo pretty well, but his actual role was more in line with Wedge.
That does suck. Lawson would have been a lot cooler than the nameless Asian guy.
>>
>>63836077
This makes me happy, I thought it was only US people who had to put up with this shit.
>>
>>63836353
Nailed it. Thanks, based anon.
>>
>>63836390
Pretty much. Most importantly, it genuinely FELT like an original trilogy Star Wars movie, and nothing like the fuckawful prequels.

J.J. is pretty much perfect for the directorial role. Shame that Disney fucked up to the point where he won't do the second one.
>>
Characters I liked doing things I understood, against the backdrop of a fictional world I enjoyed spending time in.
>>
>>63833442
BUT WHAT IS THE ROBOT'S GENDER? TONIGHT ON GAWKER!
>>
>>63836545
JJ's still gonna be around to consult and executive produce the other two.

Remember, Lucas didn't even direct Empire Strikes Back or Return of the Jedi either. He was just there to consult on the script and shit.
>>
>>63832688
>strong female lead
what, are you a faggot?
>>
>>63836353
mods please upvote this post my phone browser not supporting it for some reason
>>
>>63836390
Yeah because he likes Star Wars but hates Star Trek so he tried to turn Star Trek into Star Wars.
>>
>>63834200
this was fucking stupid why the fuck was he trained to fight Jedi they're all extinct
>>
>>63834200

Smooth trooper loves yo' momma's flapjakcs
>>
I honestly though it was brilliant, The whole thing was massively up against it with fetching something back like Star Wars to say they rehashed a lot of the other movies and seemed to make it feel original I though they did it very well.
I loved score too, Seriously though it really stood out. I liked all the characters and believe the rest of it will be really good.
>>
>>63836545
>>63836700
Yeah, reading all these stufff in /tv/ makes me want to look into this movie this week. Shame EA still got the hold of the Star Wars games, however.
>>
>>63835489
I kinda wish he would only to get killed right away by some resistance soldier who doesn`t buy into this shit about the Light Side and The Dark Side ans for him he is a war criminal.
>>
>>63832366
The use of practical effects was nice.

It was nice to NOT see a fat Luke.

And that's pretty much it.

>>63836077
YOU ARE AMERICANS NOW. GET A CAMARO AND A SHOTGUN AND EMBRACE IT!
>>
>>63832366
Pretty much everything except could've used a little less humor, action, Rey should've been less perfect. and more story exposition to explain better what was going on in the grand scale of things.
>>
Kylo Ren was a skinny emo shit that I wanted to hate but no matter what I loved him. He's believable, if a bit cliche, but he character has a lot of room to grow and expand unlike Vader who was a closed book until the very end of 6.

It's nice to see the bad guy not being all powerful for once
>>
>>63836645
>Remember, Lucas didn't even direct Empire Strikes Back or Return of the Jedi either. He was just there to consult on the script and shit.

And it's good that he didn't because they were better.

Everyone and their mother knows by now that Lucas was a hack who relied on the support of truly talented individuals to back him up.

On the other hand, it's good to know that JJ is returning to consult the producer. I'm sure he'll keep a steady eye on it.
>>
>>63832605
He said that? I honestly remember no lines. Did you see it in imax or something?
>>
>>63836710
They were probably trying to develop something on par with sith lightsabers that they can give to elite soldiers. Also, that trooper never fought a proper jedi. Just a dude that happened to have a lightsaber, and had never actually used one before.
>>
File: 1441262879733.jpg (463 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
1441262879733.jpg
463 KB, 1000x1500
>>63836648
pretty much ye
>>
File: kylo.jpg (50 KB, 880x598) Image search: [Google]
kylo.jpg
50 KB, 880x598
>>63834368
Way I see it Kylo Ren is what prequel Anakin would have turned into if the filmmakers didn't have the Darth Vader template.
A dumb, naive, brainwashed kid. Capable, but not nearly as much as he think he is, and deeply insecure about it. Kept around purely for emotional leverage against the Resistance leaders.
And that's cool, he's not a retread of Darth Vader, and has plenty of room to grow as a character over the next films.
Also, 10/10 casting. Just look at that babyface. He looks like he listens to thrash metal only to spite his dad.
>>
>>63836868
it was after the credits in the version I saw
>>
>>63836353
I would say this hits the nail on the head. Although some aspects of the soundtrack were moving, it was usually the original score so nothing new to the table wowed me. I was also hoping for a more powerful score during the last fight, akin to ROTJ which undoubtedly had the best scored fight, but the music just wasn't heavy enough. As for the pacing, I thought it was all right but slowed down way too much in the denoument. Could have been minutes shorter but they milked it and made it feel a little cheesy to be honest
>>
>>63833624
Most likely not. Shame she wasn't in the movie more. That slick armor got me hyped for her character. Was really the only thing I was disappointed with.
>>
>>63836849
>it's good to know that JJ is returning to consult the producer. I'm sure he'll keep a steady eye on it.
A month ago I would resent the idea but now it seems right. How the tides have turned huh
>>
>>63835340
Kids play Call of Duty in America now, so blood and gore is OK.
>>
>>63836353

good post. don't let anybody tell you otherwise family
>>
>>63834227
>the bridge scene lingered on that for to long

I thought it was done perfectly. He asked Han to help him with this, which made it obvious, but added that extra little dramatic touch and added depth to Kylo's character. He genuinely felt love for his father and admitted it wasn't easy but was still willing to kill him in pursuit of power in the dark side.
>>
>>63836353
>prequels were bette
You almost had me there.
>>
>>63836353
You got it pretty much right. It's been obvious since the first trailer that /tv/ will say that this movie is shit/worse than the prequels no matter how it is, when it's probably better than ROTJ. It's not the best movie ever, but it was a good star wars movie and it was incredibly entertaining.
>>
>>63836948
Agreed, Williams half-assing it this hard is the most disappointing part to me.
>>
>>63837612
I heard they want to replace him
>>
>>63836464
It is just US people.
>>
File: star-wars-jabba_3372135k.jpg (145 KB, 858x536) Image search: [Google]
star-wars-jabba_3372135k.jpg
145 KB, 858x536
Rule 34 when?
>>
File: star-wars.jpg (225 KB, 612x380) Image search: [Google]
star-wars.jpg
225 KB, 612x380
>>63837734
Rule 34 when?
>>
File: Tom Hanks peeing.jpg (67 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Tom Hanks peeing.jpg
67 KB, 400x400
>>63837824
He's just dreamy
>>
>>63836386
This.
>you were a sanitation worker? How will you know how to disable the shields?
>We'll use the force
>That's not how the force works!
>Chewie: Warghghgh
>I know you're cold!

I wanted to hate Boyega but he came off surprisingly likeable.
>>
>paying to see star wars
>supporting jewish cuckold shit with your money
>even when everyone knew from the start it would be a 3/5 movie at best just like every other recent JJ abrahms movie

I'm just going to watch it on popcorn time in a few months, like Guardians of the Glaaxy and jurassic world and every other shit block buster.
>>
>>63837942
Same

I actually liked the comedy in it. not something you would associate with Star Wars but in this worked really well. Like when Rey is climbing up the side of the wall and Han spots her a Finn is like "Why you doing this with your head?"
>>
>>63836648

Whats wrong with a well written strong female lead?

>>>/8ch/
>>
>>63837734
The noise this thing made was pretty fuckin cool.
>>
>>63838183
You're paying taxes, the jews have already got your money
>>
>>63838236
MaRey Sur is unfortunately not well written.
>>
>>63837942
That's it. Although he says "You're cold?"

Really endearing scene.
>>
>>63837942
I also liked how in the shot right before that there were some mechanical walker thing in the distance out on the ice plains. Honestly a lot of cool shit happening in the background, they did a good job of that.
>>
>>63838236
>well written
Let's not get silly here, anon.

Rey is out and out a Mary Sue to a T. One of the most egregious examples I have ever seen.
>>
>>63838436
Her and Leia are the only bland characters. I'm sure the excuse for her strength will be she trained at Luke's academy but lost all of her memories before a certain age

I actually wish she wasn't in the movie and it was just Finn and Poe's adventures
>>
>>63838411
Yeah every scene was so dense. There was just so much going on.
>>
>>63832366
Okay, I guess Finn was taken from his parents as a little child and "raised to do one thing".

Why the fuck is he able to perfectly communicate with regular people and even asks "Do you have a boyfriend?" to Rey?

Talk about inconsistency.
>>
>>63838545
U jelly rick Berman?
>>
>>63832366
Every individual scene is fairly well done, barring a few "traytor" type lines. The acting is solid.

The big problem is that the overall plot is complete shit.
>>
>>63838556
Soldiers are still people even if they are brainwashed. I'm sure general naked's child soldiers banged a few willing girls when they weren't castrating and raping them
>>
The only outright con I would give the film is that it wouldn't work as a self-contained film. It's out and out a first part of something where the last part ones could have ended where they did and felt like complete films.
>>
>>63832688
>>Basically a fully "fan service" movie
people are mad when they do shit that fans don't want

people are mad when they do shit that fans do want

How the fuck does anyone please you fagoots?
>>
Carrie Fisher's aged like fuck!

I know Ford as but it suited his character.
>>
>>63838734
By making a good movie mickey.
>>
File: 1450552460878.jpg (69 KB, 730x489) Image search: [Google]
1450552460878.jpg
69 KB, 730x489
> What was done right

This fucking guy, right here.
>>
My favorite parts

>Kylo's tantrums
>Poe and Finn bro reunion
>Long shot of Poe's X-wing fucking up stormtroopers/tie-fighters
>Hux's speech
>>
>>63834653
>Kylo Ren did literally nothing wrong.
yeah he barely nothing
>>
>>63838826
Honestly, I was rooting for him.
He was faerless, bad-ass and loyal to his comrades.
>>
>>63838826
what is it with you autists and this guy? i saw nothing special about him other than having a lightsaber resistant weapon
>>
>>63835500
>I much prefer a villain who's totally despicable or threatening
wait for the next movie then
>>
>>63832688

Why do people keep calling it funny?

The only funny scene was with Kylo flipping out and the stormtroopers walking away.

Kylo was a good solid villain, Rey on the other hand picked up shit way too fast, so I don't care about her growth as a character.
>>
>>63838826
You mean the dumbest thing in the movie?
>>
>>63838872
i will say it again poe and finn's reunion made my eyes tear up
>>
So are the stormtroopers clones or what? There was a line early on by Kylo where he said "We don't need your clone troops" or something like that.
>>
>what went right
Daniel Craig's cameo
>>
>>63838966
Stolen children forced into military
>>
>>63838966
Na he said "can your men handle this? or do we need to start using clones". something alone the lines of that.
>>
>>63838966
There are clone troopers still, but also stolen, reconditioned troopers.
>>
Han's death had some incredible cinematography, like when the camera looks down on them from the railings, a small ray of light pouring in.
>>
File: tfa.jpg (48 KB, 583x482) Image search: [Google]
tfa.jpg
48 KB, 583x482
>>63832366
I loved the evil white stormtrooper with his police baton and riot shield beating down the poor brave black man.

Didn't you?

So subtle.
>>
>>63836250
they appeared for about 4 seconds and my only thought was "how can they see"
>>
>>63836257
each punch was probably like taking a hit of dark side meth
>>
File: 12356.jpg (9 KB, 274x184) Image search: [Google]
12356.jpg
9 KB, 274x184
>>63832366
That scene when the x-wings pilots talk when they're flying on the starkiller planet

>first shot: the hispanic

>second shot: the woman

>third shot: the fat white guy

>fourth shot: the asian guy back in their headquarters

>fifth shot: the black guy
>>
>>63839031
Thanks friend. My retarded gf was talking during that part and I had to tell her to shut up.
>>
>>63836257
My friend pointed that out. Apparently it is a marine thing they do to keep adrenaline flowing. Adam Driver is a former marine so it makes sense.
>>
The whole thing is filled with subconscious propaganda.

e.g. there was the scene where Rey and Finn both sneak off somewhere in the Millennium Falcon. While they are both panting heavily, the Rey says, "I can't believe we're doing this." This is subtle shit, and if you're not looking for it you will miss it, due to the fact that this is not presented in a overtly sexual way.

More obvious shit like

1) Finn incessantly grabs Reys hand every time they have to run away to the point she complains about it

2) Rey then OH SO CONVENIENTLY grabs Finn's hand to help him up the next time they have to run

3) The part where Finn MUST save Rey at all costs even if it means death... he gives no fuck for the resistances plan

4) After they are reunited they hug for such a long time, in the most awkward moment, then Han Solo has to break them up to say they better get the fuck out of there

The above doesn't include the long pauses, the staring and the innuendo between the two right the way through.

More obvious stuff like the Nazi caricature villains (including one who fights the black guy with a burning cross lightsaber, and they even throw in a nazi rally for good measure), the only semi-major white male characters in the film are two old men that they probably felt they needed to include out of marketing obligations: Han Solo who gets killed off and Luke Skywalker who shows up for 5 seconds at the end and literally went into hiding out of jedi guilt due to his failure in training the villain, which led to the deaths of his students.
Why is anyone on /tv/ defending this SJW propaganda shit?
>>
>>63834428
>Your interpretation is stupid

that's how the character was written. no interpreting involved there.
>>
>>63838962
Same, it's already better than the Han x Luke bromance

>When he lets him keep the jacket
>>
>>63839048
As ridiculous as that whole "Darth Vader is a black man" ran t b h
>>
Black lead is named Finn. Huckleberry Finn anyone?

Not too long after he's introduced the Empire ship mentions "its only his first offense" in the control room "making fun" of downtrodden criminal blacks in American society.

When Finn gets saved by Rey when she closes blast doors, the Reptars tentacles that get cut off look like giant black dicks.

I loved it from beginning to end, so progressive and modern. Makes the OT look so dated and quaint.
>>
>>63839354
Submit to your SJW overlords
>>
File: 1450440419638.jpg (32 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1450440419638.jpg
32 KB, 499x499
>>63832366
>no meme force powers, the Force is the force, you can do anything with it
>no meme mirrors to the Jedi order: Kylo Ren simply chose the dark side
>the autistic grand-son of Vader is actually autistic
>force users cannot jump 6 stories and insta-fuck entire armies, fights are more human and the characters themselves come off as less BS; you can believe those are space wizards who use swords for the kewl factor
>this was the first piece of the entire star wars franchise I've seen, bar the original trilogy, bar the force unleashed maybe, that wasn'0t meme&cliche rehash 2h.
>This was no prequels, no KOTOR, no SWTOR, it actually felt like I was watching a spin-off to the original trilogy
>>
>>63834428
Between being upset about losing someone and being injured by a bowcaster and still in training, he did pretty fucking well in that fight

He's going to be a bad ass by episode 9 if he doesn't redeem himself earlier
>>
>>63839354

It must really suck you to be you.
>>
The starships fights were too short and one sided, the rebelli- I mean the resistance won too easily. I also wanted to see more Poe and less Ray/Finn.
>>
>>63833442
literaly the worst part of the movie
>>
My RIGHT analysis, I doubt you can disagree with my statements.

>The movie was way too safe and did not try anything different

>it was a great movie but it did nothing in general to elevate the star wars story.

>the Prequels while being awful directed messes at least tried something different, they challenged the viewers, it was WAY more creative, they had much better worlds, actual lore to build on

>Kylo Ren was fine. Complaining he is a whinny little brat is exactly what you are supposed to think. He is conflicted, he is not even a sith. Only after he became "absolute" by killing his father was he ready to finish his training.

>None of the music stood out, there was no moments where you could take in the music correctly

>the pacing of the movie was fast. Had almost no breathing room. Episode 4 had plenty of breathing room that was filled with expanding the universe. The movie did little to expand the universe lore.

>What was the fucking point making a new planet called Jakku if it is the same fucking shit as Tatoonie? JUST MAKE IT IN TATOONIE?! Making new lore of a planet only to make it the same as another planet is beyond fucking retarded.

>The new order is just full on evil. JJ went out of his way to get rid of any grey areas the empire originally had and just made it full evil. I always adored the empire because it was a military of working everyday humans. When you watched 4, 5, or 6 you grew to like the imperial officers and the corkyness of the storm troopers. Adding shit like Finn being taking as a baby from birth just enforces the sides evil. The empire is now boring. They are just the bad guys.
>>
>>63838938
That's because you already hated it before you even walked in so you weren't able to laugh.

>the new droid was funny
>Han and Leah bickering was funny
>c3p0 was funny
>chewy was funny
>Rey and Boyega's initial interactions were funny
>Boyega and the pilot's interactions were funny
>>
>>63839457

Do you people even try over here in /tv/? Jesus fuck, and I thought /v/ was bad.
>>
>>63832688
>likes Rey
>doesn't like Kylo

Good to know you're a faggot with horrible tastes
>>
>>63839543
Being an awake adult who cares about the future of society sucks sometimes yes, but it is necessary due to leeches like you.
>>
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 960x540
>>63839611
>corkyness
>>
>>63839613
Also that scene where Rey mind tricked the storm trooper was hilarious if you aren't a contrarian faggot
>>
>>63838826
this lad deserves his own movie trilogy/ vidya spinoffs for his noble effort... god bless this masked hero, real mvp of the movie etc.
>>
>>63839351
>a former marine who dropped out of boot camp because he spilled on his bike and broke his rib cage while his unit went to Iraq and he went into acting.

The funniest thing is he feels like his former unit doesn't respect him because he went into drama while they went into combat. Kek
>>
>>63839766
Fucking cancerous pleb
Go home already and never post here or any of the other two art boards on this site
>>
File: 3284955_orig.jpg (15 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
3284955_orig.jpg
15 KB, 400x300
>>63839048
Did you see the evil, ugly racist bad guy with a mask, holding his flaming cross?

Subtle as fuck
>>
File: red-army_2[1].jpg (105 KB, 500x294) Image search: [Google]
red-army_2[1].jpg
105 KB, 500x294
>>63839354
>More obvious stuff like the Nazi caricature villains
actually I was surprised when they shown the 'imperials' as Space Red Army. That dress. The salute with the left fist. Supreme Leader Snoke. Cannot unsee.

I too had thought a Jjewish director would have gone balls to the wall with muh ebil nutsies muh 6 gozillion
>>
>>63839786
Why does what he broke keep changing
first it was his sternum then his arm then something about his back and now rib cage
>>
>>63839354
Inspired by Cultural Marxists or Frankfurt School philosophy, post-modern elites have an agenda that isn't simply to mix races or eliminate a race. Their point is to disrupt social cohesion and any form of hierarchical or traditional social structure that could supersede government's authority. Whether it be marriage, the nuclear family, religion, cultural identity (usually identified by race or nationality), etc. any that can compete or overrule the state and pulls away control of the people, must be destroyed to further grow its power and influence. There are different methods of doing this but takes a lot of time to study and explain the impact of several race/class based policies. If you ever watch Thomas Sowell you'll know he explains some of it.

Yes, different races /could/ get along together in a society but that is not what we see. Why is that? Well, aside from racial determinism, we see special interest groups promoting the idea of victimized or disenfranchised minorities. A natural growth between different groups are impeded and instead forced artificial interaction disrupts the norm. This is generally done for political advantages and a moral high-ground. This causes enmity between races or classes while providing a platform for these manipulators, through the old rhetoric of egalitarianism, to create programs that benefit themselves in the guise of "doing good" for the minority or downtrodden.

While, some people are indeed well meaning most of them aren't able to either recognize or cope with the fact that the ideas they push for are unsuccessful and even destructive (welfare, minimum wage, affirmative action etc.). Furthermore these people are continuously fed more rhetoric by the "elite" groups (businesspersons i.e bankers, cartels; politicians; community leaders i.e Jesse Jackson) to continue pushing for these policies.
>>
>bowcasters fire red lasers
>not green plasma

0/10 worse than phantom menace
>>
>>63839819
>tfw laser baton storm trooper lunch boxes in a few years
>>
>>63839656
are you autistic?
>>
>there was actually an even bigger CGI sith Voldemort behind Palpatine

seems a bit retarded
>>
>>63839786
he probably doesnt give a shit, theyre all gonna die like animals and if he pulled off his role as kylo ren he could be immortalised in culture for years to come
>>
>>63839354
Anything is propaganda if you read that much into it.

Always remember; don't race mix, and Nazis were the good guys. Take everything in film and tv with a grain of salt.
>>
First star wars gay couple
>>
>>63836196
That was real, fuckwad.
>>
>>63839613
>>c3p0 was funny
c3p0 was the worst goddamn shit in that movie
>>
>>63839904
Hasn't the bowcaster always fired red?
>>
>>63839838
I liked the Nazi rally.

>Vote Hillary everyone!!! She's a stronk woman. Ignore what she did to Bernie Sanders.
>>
>>63840136
Chewie's never fired the Bowcaster in a movie, but historically it shoots green.
>>
File: latest[1].png (296 KB, 688x800) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
296 KB, 688x800
Why are Ithorians so loveable, bros?
>>
>>63840199
my major quip was that in all their years of working together han never fired chewie's bowcaster

btw i think chewie will die in 8 or 9
>>
File: zx.jpg (4 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
zx.jpg
4 KB, 125x125
>>63839863
Why are you surprised? Straight up cultural marxism as has been occurring in Hollywood since WW2

The brass tacks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gnpCqsXE8g

How it works:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VggFao85vTs
>>
>>63838826
Origin story when
>>
>>63832647

Your audience clapped over that? Man mine made a weird hoot when Luke turned around and then got deathly quiet when he talked and Fucking EXPLODED when he said that line. Literally cheers. I turned to my mom and rolled my eyes and said "get a load of these plebs"
>>
File: 1447541696766.jpg (334 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1447541696766.jpg
334 KB, 1000x1000
>>63832688
>>Most important FELT like a Star Wars movie
>>
>>63840292
never, the new trilogy will not be as impactful as the originals
>>
File: 91346.jpg (347 KB, 940x508) Image search: [Google]
91346.jpg
347 KB, 940x508
>>63838826
Hey look! An evil white cop with a police tonfa beating down the poor black hero! So awesome!

Where can I buy the action figure?!?

>c.uck me more hollywood
>>
>>63836196
Felt like a Doctor Who alien
>>
>>63838218
hello reddit
>>
So did the First Order destroy 5 planets? Pretty impressive.
>>
>>63840130
He was exactly the same as he's always been
>>
>>63832366
why has noone mentioned that is fucking light sword is digging into his arm? baka u fat plebs
>>
>>63840654
Why did he get a red arm?
>>
>>63840684
his real arm got torn off
>>
File: 635573357.jpg (125 KB, 600x350) Image search: [Google]
635573357.jpg
125 KB, 600x350
Honest question: is /tv/ full of Disney shills OR millennials and younger that honestly don't care/realize that TFA was wall to wall propaganda?
>>
>>63840718
that picture can't be real
lmao
>>
>>63840790
Dudes shaped like a pear.
>>
>>63840718
Little wide for a storm trooper
>>
>>63840718
lel

one of the better TFA memes

pls keep it up
>>
File: 1450559785194.jpg (1 MB, 3000x1988) Image search: [Google]
1450559785194.jpg
1 MB, 3000x1988
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-19-16-48-43.png (267 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-19-16-48-43.png
267 KB, 1440x2560
>>63832605
>>63836868
He never said that shit. Proof in the novel pic related.
>>
>>63840924
>She wondered what would happen next
Rape
>>
>>63840872
>He's unbelievably white.
>Didn't step aside to make room for a more diverse choice of director.

Confirmed for total shitbag.
>>
>>63840996
That whole thing about her pulling his light saber out does kind of sound like she's asking for it though.
>>
File: dick.png (792 KB, 609x923) Image search: [Google]
dick.png
792 KB, 609x923
>>63832366
What went right:
>New lightsaber design served function purpose and was actually cool
>Black man accused of stealing, actually goes through with running away from responsibility and ends up being the best character of the whole movie somehow
>Humour
>Admiral Memebar
>Traitor Trooper

What went wrong
>Super deathstar
>Nobody knew about the super death star or even really concerned themselves with it until it began to blow shit up, DESPITE the fact that it was carved into an entire fucking planet.
>Annoying/Smartass female lead
>Far too many coincidences driving the plot
>The First Order didn't seem like a genuinely challenging or proper villainy, even discounting Kylo Ren's faggotry.
>Also, if we accept that Kylo Ren is such an incapable acolyte that he got shit on by an untrainer stormtrooper and Ma "Rey" Soo, then how the fuck did he get to be in charge?
>Too many plot rehashes from the OT
>Bowcaster shot at the ground capable of killing two stormtroopers, bowcaster to the side is ok though

What went neutral:
>Soundtrack was ok
> Han solo's death wasn't shit or overly dramatic. Just pure "eh"
>>
>Kylo Ren removes his mask
>people in the theater start laughing

I don't get it. Because were they expecting the villain to look dark and edgy or what?
>>
>>63841137
>Annoying/Smartass female lead
all the leads in star wars ever (and I mean clone wards and rebels too) are annoying and "smart asses" what the fuck were you expecting?
>>
>>63841137
>>Bowcaster shot at the ground capable of killing two stormtroopers, bowcaster to the side is ok though
To be fair Darth Maul survived being cut in half so give the Force users some credit
>>
>>63840078
He still has that guilt like he's not a 'full marine' and he let down his friends that went and died in Iraq.
>>
I must be the only person that is sad that Star Wars has finally died.
>>
>>63841263
It died when they made a green frog to sell as toys
>>
>>63841195
>Luke was annoying smartass
>Obi-wan was an annoying smartass
>>
>>63840136
What I didn't like was that Han and Chewie have been friends for 30+ years and he never once fired it?

> I really like this thing
>>
>Adam Driver
>almost as autistic as the Driver
Poverty
>>
>>63832366
This movie is going to win all the oscars
>>
>non force sensitive storm trooper uses a lightsaber more than a buggind jediwho probably ends up going sith with darth fukboi switching back to light
>>
>>63833391
He almost stole it, until bb8 stole it.
>>
File: 43346436.jpg (261 KB, 514x441) Image search: [Google]
43346436.jpg
261 KB, 514x441
>>63841078
>>
>>63840634
That shit gave me goosebumps. They all look up to the sky and see this red streak of death. Then it separates and destroys multiple planets.
>>
>>63840718
>TFA was wall to wall propaganda?
Propaganda for what?
>>
>>63840718

What is with this guy's shape?

He has the body of an old black woman.
>>
>>63833624
No you idiot. She was set up as Raylo Klooms henchman for the sequels
>>
It will be good unless they push interracial horseshit
>>
>>63841538
It's a shoop
>>
>>63839351
Oh that's neat
>>
>>63833624
>thrown in trash compactor
>blown up

Nah, she's fine m8.
>>
As a Japanese I feel lik this move was very poorly, they had a black man as one of the main heroes, the woman wasn't submise at al, the only likeable character was the pilot. Also no Asians. I didnt lik it.
>>
>>63841464
>american school
>pile of corpses

:^)
>>
>>63840129
I'm certain it wasn't.
>>63840547
I thought the exact same thing. Both the acting and the CGI.
>>
>>63841618
There was that one resistance guy in the map room. He will probably get a really cool backstory in the EU.
>>
>>63841618
There was an Asian admiral
>>
>>63840129
bullshit.
>>
File: 54468468.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
54468468.gif
1 MB, 320x240
>>63841479
The gayest thing I've read here all day. Congrats.
>>
File: 63399400456.png (692 KB, 948x540) Image search: [Google]
63399400456.png
692 KB, 948x540
>>63839048
>>63838826

Did he die? No way this guy could be taken out so easily, right?
>>
>>63841618
>the woman wasn't submise at al
What does this mean exactly?
>>
>>63840634
I think the Hosnian system is like 1 planet and 3-4 moons
>>
File: 1450523249134.jpg (141 KB, 669x664) Image search: [Google]
1450523249134.jpg
141 KB, 669x664
>>63839139
>That scene when the x-wings pilots talk when they're flying on the starkiller planet
>>first shot: the hispanic
>>second shot: the woman
>>third shot: the fat white guy
>>fourth shot: the asian guy back in their headquarters
>>fifth shot: the black guy
>>
>>63832688
>Strong female lead

You mean a mary sue?
>>
>>
Anyone else feel they'll bring politics back in the next episode?
>>
>>63841618
Lol
>>
File: 537375.gif (3 MB, 419x313) Image search: [Google]
537375.gif
3 MB, 419x313
>>63841976
>Anyone else feel they'll bring politics back in the next episode?

I hope this is sarcasm.
>>
>>63841911
>she has a major role in the outcome
Nope
And the last part is from ESB.
>>
>>63842048
The politics like taxation and the Senate, you dumb shitter
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 44

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.